TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


I Still Remember. by candysawks

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Sawks wrote the body of the fic, Candy wrote the ending and of course Sawks edited it ^^



Sawks: Well, this was inspired by yet another song-obviously. So the lyrics seemed like a good template for another one-shot. Sorry it's vauge, but I like it that way. Mystery is all a part of Gaara.... :)

Song: "I still remember" by Bloc Party
"I Still Remember"

Be still, let it fade away. Don’t contemplate. Don’t turn back. Face forward.

I, I still remember
how you looked that afternoon.
There was only you.


Gentle breeze softly lapped against his smooth face. The night was dark, save the full luminescent moon that shone above the rooftops. He stood solitary, alone, against the full force of—everything. His past, his crimes, his desires, his longings; and he faced them all.

You said "it's just like a full moon".
Blood beats faster in our veins
We left our trousers by the canal
And our fingers, they almost touched


Blinking, the memories seeped back into his brain. No matter how hard he pushed them away. They came back to haunt him. Why was love like that? The moments that we live for…..fade so quickly. The times where he smiled and felt like he was whole for the first time in his life. Back when nothing mattered, when time stopped, and everything was truly alright.

You should have asked me for it
I would have been brave
You should have asked me for it
How could I say no?


He thought back to the way he laughed, and made him at ease. His hair, and his eyes, the way he wanted him—so bad. So bad that it hurt to desire. And yet, his fear, slowly crawling, creeping, and filling his blissful mind with doubt. With uneasiness, and distrust. What do we fear? Why do we fear?

And our love could have soared
Over playgrounds and rooftops
Every park bench screams your name
I kept your tie


The relationship that they could’ve had, the bond that they might have shared, the love that wasn’t given the chance to heal…yes, he remembered. He remembered the sensation of feeling alive.

I've gone wherever you wanted

Regret, guiltiness, and yearning for what he threw away.

(I still remember)

The hours spent in conversation, in friendship, in comfort.

And on that teachers' training day
We wrote our names on every train
Laughed at the people off to work
So monochrome and so lukewarm


Casual things, personal things, secrets exchanged. The giving of yourself to the other, and in return receiving them. Nostalgia setting in….

And I can see our days are becoming nights.
I could feel your heartbeat across the grass.
We should have run.
I would go with you anywhere.
I should have kissed you by the water


He would’ve done all those things. He would’ve committed all of himself.

You should have asked me for it
I would have been brave
You should have asked me for it
How could I say no?


But fate works differently…

And our love could have soared
Over playgrounds and rooftops
Every park bench screams your name
I kept your tie


And it hits us when we least expect it…

I would let you if you asked me

“I still remember…” he said, nearly choking on his own breath. He held Lee’s heavy, limp body, the face he had wanted to touch all those years was gently resting in his arms, against his chest.

“We…we’re there…do you remember, you remember, right?” Gaara murmured like a lost child.

“I was so happy there, you made me want to smile, I remember that… we could have stayed there forever…Lee…” His body shook, his eyes widened with disbelief, “I would have never let you die…”

“GAARA-KUN!!” Naruto finally found the young Kazekage, holding the dead body of one of Konoha’s best ninjas.

“Gaara…” he reached his hand out, hoping to make it to the Kage’s shoulder.
But he couldn’t get past; Gaara had already been enclosed in his sand.
He was enclosed in his memories, just him and Lee.
“I’ll never forget…”
___________________________________________________________
Chapter end notes: Sawks: yeah, thats it, reviews would be nice...it kinda turned emo-ish but i think it worked out okay... bye bye...

Candy: but really, who doesn't love writing songfics??!! Hope you enjoyed! Aw, Sawks stop crying! XD