TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Deception by Hopes_Fall

[Reviews - 7]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto and such company. In no way shape or form do these characters belong to me. I am simply borrowing them for fandom purposes. : )



Deception



It wasn’t often that Sakura received mail while stationed out on the border. At least mail that held information other than what Naruto wrote about the Konoha ramen stand’s latest flavors of starch. Her gloved hands shook lightly as she held the parchment tightly reading the scribbled handwriting again making sure she made no mistake.


At age twenty-three Sakura Haruno only stood about five-six and her short pink hair was now tied in two braids that led down to the middle of her slender back side. Long legs still protected by shin guards along with her black shorts and white skirt still sporting the circle on her back. A smile broke out over her face now tan from the years she spent in the sun upon the fire country border. The kunoichi grabbed her head set from around her neck and quickly radioed her teammates letting them know she was leaving duty. She was finally going home. The sun hung high over head and the heat washed over her clothed self as she hopped down from her position from a tall redwood tree. Sakura had spent over four years patrolling the border of her native country, she only did it because of her orders. Her orders to put space between herself and the Uchiha heir.

Just after Naruto’s second return to Konoha they had set out once more in search of their lost teammate. Both Sakura and Naruto had sworn to bring him home. Even if it meant without his permission. The new team seven had found him with the remains of Orochimaru’s latest hide away. However something had gone wrong and the building collapsed leaving few alive and hundreds dead, including the snake charmer himself. They dragged their former friend home with his arms tied with tags and his mouth shooting off death threats left and right.

Uchiha Sasuke was charged with abandonment and was forced to give up his freedom within the walls of Konoha. He had to give back his scratched up headband and was ordered to earn it back along with the trust of the Hokage herself. The Uchiha heir had been put under strict surveillance as well as parole. That had been when Sakura received her orders to leave Konoha for an extended period. Tsunade-sama herself had wanted her student away from Sasuke. Sasuke could do anything to manipulate her and set himself free, and that had been just one scenario brewing within the blonde woman’s head.

Sakura’s feet picked up speed as she made her way to her own canvas tent hidden among the borders. Butterflies fluttered around within her stomach and her lips wouldn’t break from her bright smile. She was happy to say in the least. To return home and sleep within her own bed. Shower alone for once in privacy with hot water all to herself. She dashed into her tent and pulled out her duffle bag. Without even thinking, her hands just grabbed about, packing the bag to the fullest. Sakura’s excitement was hard to contain as she kicked her tent over and down before marching her way to her superior’s tent.

Of course her superior was nothing more than an old friend from her younger days. Now in control of border affairs was none other than Anko Mitarashi. The brown hair woman stood almost a head taller than Sakura and was still as loud as ever. Sakura didn’t bother with asking permission to enter the larger tent. She just pushed the canvas aside, shuffling her feet as she presented the letter to her fellow Jounin.

Anko’s mouth dropped, the dango stick hanging from her lips crashed to the ground as her dark eyes scanned the paper.

“No.” Sakura’s eyes widened.

“What?! Those are orders from Godaime herself!” Sakura exclaimed not catching the sarcastic tone from her elder.

“I don’t want one of my best medical nin’s leaving. Too bad Haruno. I’m making you stay forever.” Anko teased flicking Sakura’s nose as she thrusted the parchment back in to her gloved hands.

“Too bad Mitarashi-san, I’m leaving.” Finally catching on to the tease, Sakura grinned and took a step back. “…And I’m not going to miss this.”

“You’ll write, right?” Anko asked on a more serious note. Sakura’s smile stopped and she nodded her head firmly. After spending years out here, she made new friends. Not saying she didn’t miss her Ino-pig or Naruto’s loud self.

“Good, go say your farewells and leave before I really do make you stay Haruno.”


With that last statement, Sakura was gone. The flaps of the canvas tent waved out of the quick Kunoichi’s way. Tears and hugs were shared as Sakura breeched the edge of the forest that led straight into the hidden leaves’ village. She wiped at her emerald eyes and sniffled lightly as she turned her back to those waiting for her departure. Her knees bent lightly before she leapt up in to the tree tops. Hopping branch to branch, still after all these years; maintaining her perfect chakra control. The wind brushed her pink braids behind her as she soared along at a nice pace. Her mind trailed to all those she would see once back within the safe walls of her village.


Sakura only made one stop on the trip back to Konoha and that was to fill up her water bottle in the stream that trailed throughout the woods. Other than the single stop, she had gone without slowing down from the border all the way back to the gates of her village. She took a deep breath and smiled once more. Her lips formed a single word that was carried away with the small breeze from the spring air. “Home.”


--


“Do you think it was wise to call her back so soon Tsunade-sama?” Shizune questioned the Hokage softly. Her eyes were full of concern and worry as she looked to her the blonde leader. Tsunade nodded softly. She had sent the letter our over two days ago, Sakura must have gotten it by now.

“I believe Uchiha-san has behaved himself long enough. Besides, Konoha has been missing her dearly. Its not as lively around here anymore. Not since… Well you know.”

Shizune nodded. Just after the leave of Sakura Haruno, several teams had been attacked and slaughtered out on missions. Several died and few survived. It was a devastating loss for Konoha.

“Still, do you think he’s ready for her return?”

“He never cared about her before. We all saw it. The Uchiha is not capable of emotion beyond revenge and hate.” Tsunade assured.


--

Sakura slowed her running to a walk upon entering the gates. She walked the small trail right into village. Her green eyes glanced about as she passed the black memorial. She kissed the tips of her glove covered hands and pressed her fingers to the stone closing her eyes for a moment in respect.

Her eyes fluttered open and she continued on. The grass soon turned to concrete as she entered her busy village. The market street was busy and crowded with venders and those shopping. Sales were going on as she passed cart by cart. She shifted the bag on her shoulder to the other side as she made her way to the tower in the center of Konoha. It had only taken her a few short hours to make it home, that was only because she had been speeding along. Using up more chakra than necessary for the trip home.

Slowly she trudged up the steps to Hokage Tower her memories of the place filling up her mind. She smiled once more as her fist gently knocked on the double doors of the Office.

“Enter.” Tsunade’s voice hadn’t changed a bit.


--

“Come on Teme! Join me for once! You know you want to.” Naruto whined to his supposed best friend. The blonde haired ninja was pleading before the dark haired heir of the Uchiha clan.

“No.” Sasuke’s icy voice snapped to Naruto.

Naruto pouted and narrowed his light ocean eyes at his ex-teammate. “Its just for a bit and I’m buying.”

Sasuke sighed heavily and shook his head. “Fine. Your buying.” At that last statement Naruto thrusted his fist in to the air wailing his excitement and bouncing up and down. The dark eyes of Sasuke rolled as he shrugged in to an old black Yukata with the ever famous Uchiha fan decorating the back.

Before Sasuke had a chance to change his mind, Naruto jerked him the room. Naruto dragged the taller Sasuke out the door of the Uchiha estate and down the side walk before Sasuke decided he could walk on his own.

They marched down the lighted streets, searching for the perfect place to have a few drinks for the first part of the young night. Naruto tugged Sasuke in to a bar clouded by smoke and filled with the strong scent of Sake.

Sasuke wrinkled his nose for a split second before following the hyper active blonde to the empty bar stools among the bar. He nodded and waved to several familiar faces, ignoring his fan club of woman making their way through the crowd just to get a glimpse of him. Naruto smirked and waved, cheered and ordered drinks.

The dim lighting within the bar made it hard to see who was next to you but Naruto shrugged it off as he passed a glass of the liquid savior to his best friend. Sasuke took the alcohol thankfully and downed it. It certainly had been a while since he had left the Uchiha estate. Other than to buy groceries and to report to Godaime herself.

He rapped his knuckles on the wood of the bar top, asking for another drink. Naruto watched Sasuke down the alcohol quickly and shook his whiskered head as he shot down his own drink. He knew he was going to have to keep up with Sasuke’s drinking. Years later the two friends still competed even if it was only silent or over the smallest of things. That’s how their relationship worked. Out of spite and jealousy they bonded.

--

The busty blonde Hokage stood before her ex-student. Her arms open and her red painted lips curved up in to a smile. Sakura lunged for her old teacher and wrapped her arms around her. She smiled and yet tears leaked from the corner of her eyes out of sheer joy. It felt to good to be home once again to Sakura.

“Your… Hair grew I see.” Tsunade smiled her own honey eyes shedding tears. Sakura just nodded and pulled her arms away smiling up at Tsunade.

“Yes… It did.”

Tsunade reached up and dabbed at the corner of her eyes. Wiping away the evidence of tears. “Its good to have you back.”

Shizune spoke up smiling from behind the desk of the Hokage. Sakura nodded once more.

“Its good to be back. Home.”


--



Finished for this chapter. I tried to give plenty of information without blowing most of the plot out of the shadows but I hope fans liked it and if you do that’s great. This hasn’t been edited and I’m looking for a beta. Beta needed and wanted.

For updates, review replies, hints and teasers look after my live journal.