TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Lost In Your Melody by candysawks

[Reviews - 13]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: ~Hello~ This is Sawks and Candy. As official fanatic fangirls, we present to you this fanfiction. Initially, we got this idea from a video on youtube.com and the song just stuck with us…>_< In fact, we are so obsessed with this particular song, we decided to make a story around it :P Ah, the trivial lifestyles of possessive fangirls. Heh heh. So yes, as hard as it is to admit, we don’t own NARUTO, or Gaara, or Lee…..

Sawks: NO, Gaara’s mine…-__-;;

Candy: =.= not in THIS fic he ain’t XD yeah.

So, please enjoy the hard work and collaboration…this only fueled our insomnia… and my gawd me needs coffee……O__O



Song: BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM by the Vengaboys ( oh yeah, we don’t own them either…darn….)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



~LOST IN YOUR MELODY~

Beyond the whistle of the leaves, though the tree branches and the soft scraping of sandals on moist ground, Gaara heard something else... a melody of some sort. Stopping to take a look, he saw Lee walking down the path while humming a tune—again.

Gaara had never minded Lee’s random humming, despite how useless, and quite frankly stupid, he thought it was; and tonight there was something about this tune, even after only hearing the faint rhythm of the notes, it sparked Gaara’s curiosity. It sounded different, it sounded….sweet...

“What song do you have stuck in your head now, Lee?” Gaara asked quietly from his perch atop a tree overhanging the walkway.

Lee snapped out of the daydream the song had put him in, his cheeks turning a light shade of red.
“Oh, um... I’m not sure of the name of it, actually, I just heard it the other day.” he said looking up into the dark-rimmed eyes that watched him quietly; almost passively…

They fell silent; Lee attempted to stay alert—to avoid spacing out again.
“….What kind of song was it?” Gaara said quietly. Usually he didn’t press such matters—they were pointless—but tonight he felt…different, in a uniquely human kind of way.

Lee, unsure of what Gaara wanted as a reply, stammered, “It’s... It’s a love song, I think...”
He caught himself, not knowing whether to continue to just let it hang there. He and Gaara never talked about music, really, they had never talked at all.

“…..a love song?” Gaara asked…
He was really being ridiculous now. Why go through the trouble of even talking with this guy? This weakling, whom he had so easily beaten once before. Had he gone soft? He wondered how could such trivial conversation make him…so enticed?
“How does it go?” he continued, barely speaking above a whisper.

Lee stood there, dumbfounded by Gaara’s behavior. He thought of how cruel and menacing he had once been, and he soon found himself feeling an attraction towards this new, mysterious side of Gaara that no one else had ever known about. Drawn in by the puzzling circumstance, Lee replied “…Ah, well, you see, it sort of starts like, whoooah whoooah, and then this cute little voice goes ‘Vengaboys are back in town’ and whooah whooah…” Lee trailed off explaining the techno dance beat with great enthusiasm, unaware of Gaara’s growing smirk as he watched him display the “power of youth”.
“If you’re alone and you need a friend….” Lee sang, catching Gaara’s attention once more. “Someone to make you forget your problems, just come along baby take my hand….”
As Gaara’s eyes focused on Lee, concentrating on the lyrics, he began to feel a strange sensation running through his veins—innocence, curiosity. Had Lee broken away from his singing he would he found a very different looking Gaara—one that almost looked like a semi-confused kid. It was certainly a very different expression from the usual possessed demon wrath that radiated from him.
Lee hesitated slightly, knowing what was next, then inhaled deeply and said the next part of the lyrics: “I’ll be your lover tonight!”
“……” Gaara’s face fell, replaced with his normal nonchalant expression with a hint of irritation. “Lover?” He said defensively, revealing a bit of his confusion, “I thought you were singing about friendship….forgetting your problems, why lover?” He was almost offended by the way the song had turned, yet his irritation also let some of his naiveté slip out too...
“I….” Lee was taken aback by Gaara’s sudden harshness, “I told you it was a love song, Gaara-kun…” he explained, grinning at Gaara’s apparent lack of humor. Thinking to himself, he wondered if Gaara had ever had “The Talk” before….
After seeing Lee grin so happily at him, Gaara seemed to get back into his innocent curiosity…after all, it’s just Lee… “Go on…” he said “…I want to hear the rest of it…”
Lee sang the song:
“If you’re alone and you need a friend/ Someone to make you forget your problems/ Just come along baby take my hand/ I’ll be your lover tonight/ Whooah Whooah/ This is what I wanna do/ Whooah Whoooah/ Let’s have some fun/ Whooah Whooah/ One on one just me and you/ Whooah Whooah/ BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM/ I want you in my room/ Let’s spend the night together/ From now until forever/ BOOM BOOM BOOOM BOOM/ I wanna go BOOM BOOM/ We’ll spend the night together/ Together in my room”
Another awkward silence between them, and Lee immediately regretted singing it. Gaara’s going to think I’m a total freak now, liking something so kinky.
While Lee was overcome with embarrassment, Gaara, however, was infuriated. That song wasn’t about love after all, it was just about... Gaara halted his thoughts. Lee’s cheerfulness and “youth” and gotten to him, it lead him on to believe he really would sing a song about love.
Why was he so angry? Love was obviously something Gaara didn’t understand, why did he let himself think a stupid song would make it clearer to him? And why… why did he let Lee of all people trick him?
“That was stupid,” He said in his infamous monotone, “that wasn’t about love, that shouldn’t’ have been called a love song.” He turned to leave.
“….Gaara!” Lee called after him; he didn’t want to, but his mouth had a mind of its own.
Gaara Turned to face Lee, his eyes demanding a reason to not leave. “You’re right, that wasn’t really a love song...” he said, scratching the back of his neck, “Sorry.”
“That isn’t how you regard love, is it Lee?” Gaara blurted out immediately, a little louder than he had meant.
“No, not at all.” He replied, a little dazed by the demanding force in which he was asked.
“Aright then.” Gaara said, as he disappeared from sight.
Lee stood there for a bit, not knowing whether the last few minutes had even been real. Walking back home he decided right then and there that there was something special about that Sabaku no Gaara….





Chapter end notes: __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Well, were done here!!

Sawks: If you liked it, then leave a damn good comment. If you disliked it, then too bad. Reviews are great, it lets us know if we suck or not.

Candy: Eh, Constructive Critisizm would be awesome-tastic!!

 So, see you laterz! *Gaara and Lee: waves* Thanks for reading!!!