TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Two Hearts, TWo sides, Two destinies by xrayer2

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: i don't own naruto. i do own zephyr. so there.
Prologue: years before..

Zephyr tightened his headband, and made sure he had all of his supplies in his pack. Today, the silver haired chunnin was to go on a mission. S-ranked. Zephyr sighed. The Hokage, Tsunade, didn't have enough Jounin to send on any missions, and she picked his team. all of which might've been selected for Jounin's anyways. but that still didn't change the fact...
"S-Ranked." he muttered, still finding it hard to believe. his teammates, Raine, Rui, and Akira, his former sensei, were going to wait for him at the gates. The rest had said their goodbyes, but Zephyr didn't. it seemed like...they didn't think they were going to come back. he stepped out of his apartment, and began walking towards the gate.

It had begun to rain, but Zephyr barely noticed it. a pity, too...Naruto had been rumored to come back soon... but..it couldn't be helped. his best friend..he would have liked to be their to see him again, but...it couldn't be helped. then-

"Zephyr!"

Zephyr cringed. the one person he'd been trying to avoid. Sakura. he turned, sighing, and faced Sakura.
"It's...true, then. isn't it?" she asked. "You're leaving on an S-ranked mission."
"Yeah..."
"Then why didn't you tell me?" she asked, clenching her fists.
Zephyr sighed. "well...i didn't want you to worry..."
"About what? you don't think that- you- you don't think you're going to...die, on this mission, do you?"
Zephyr looked at the ground. "..a little." Sakura stepped closer to him.
"Zephyr... don't think that."
"It's hard not to."
Zephyr looked down at Sakura, wishing it could be different. he remembered...when they'd thought of each other as sister and brother, but..when he remembered his real family, that viewpoint went away. now...he had different feelings for her. and she...he at least thought, had the same for him.
"Sakura...i.." she held a finger to his lips.
"Don't speak..."
they stood there in the rain, silent.
Zephyr sighed. "SAkura. i really have to go."
"...."
Zephyr suddenly leaned down, and kissed SAkura.
Sakura opened her eyes wide in shock, and Zephyr pulled away.
"i...I'm sorry. I’ve just...always wanted to do that, and...now.." Sakura nodded. "i..see...then.." She caught him in a tight hug. "i...love you." she whispered. ZEphyr awkwardly put his arms around her, as well.
"please...." she muttered. "come back safely..."
"I’ll try."
They broke away, and Zephyr waved. "i will come back..i promise, Sakura."
Sakura smiled, and she was crying a little. "I’ll..hold you too it."

LAter on that mission...

"Raine! Rui!" screamed Zephyr. Raine and Rui looked up, and kunai thudded into the chests, and they fell to the floor. Zephyr cursed, and looked up into the eyes of the man that had thrown them, ORochimaru. Their mission had been to try for another attempt to get Sasuke, to prevent ORochimaru from taking his body, but...they were intercepted halfway. there had bene a giant battle, and now...he was the only one left. He felt sickened, as he saw the still body of Akira, lying on the floor. "well, well...and then there was one." said Orochimaru, smiling. Zephyr trying in vain to throw a Kunai at him, but he collapsed before he could.
"You..Zephyr Uchiha. the one with the special sharingan. I would take your body, but Sasuke can activate the Makenguyo Sharingan, and you are unable. so..you are expendable." he held his kusangari sword high. "die quietly..." Zephyr's last thoughts were 'Sakura...I’m sorry.'. The sword flashed down.