TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Death of Hyuga Hinata by SubtleSerenity

[Reviews - 4]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Sad. Something I did in my spare time while I was doing the next chapter of Himura Naruto. Read, Review, Whatever.
I guess you could say I ran away. I guess that you could call me a coward. You could be right; I wouldn't know. I wouldn't care at all, though. After all, when life has endevored to take everything from me, and pretty much succeded, what can insults do to me now?

The wind is cold... biting. It burns my skin, turning it red and raw. I smile. It feels good.

The only thing between my skin and the cold is a thin layer of clothing. That's fine, though.

Let the wind bite, let the cold and snow freeze me. Let it come and claim me as its' own. I will laugh and smile. Let it kill me, I have nothing left to lose.

In fact, it's a blessing; I've lost so much. Neji. Hanabi. Kiba, Shino, Sakura, Ino, Tenten... Konoha. The Konoha that I knew is dead. I killed it.

By running away, by simply not being there, I killed it. Everyone in it, everyone who loved me, everyone who I loved... Him. He hurt the most. Yes, by simply not being there, by leaving my shining village on a mission... I killed it as much as Orochimaru. When I returned, it was all cast to ruin. Blood ran through the streets. Bodies were everywhere. They had destroyed each other, Sand and Sound and Leaf alike. Sand riddled the streets. The Hokage monuments crumbled. The towers burned. And I fell to my knees and cried.

Helpless, weak little Hyuga. Disgrace.

Shame to her clan.

Can't beat her little sister, even when she had four years on her.

Always a pacifist.

Damn them. They stole my life, my happiness. They stole my love. Damn them... Damn Him.

Damn Him for not living. Or, damn me for still living. At this point, I can't really care that much.

I'm on my knees again, tears running down my cheeks. Snow is on the road. It whips by my hair. I take out a kunai.

It goes through the fabric so easily. My hita-ate falls right into my hands. Such a pretty little thing. It's useless now. Ninja? Shinobi? Kunochi? A myth, now. Things of Legend, what you use to frighten the kids to bed at night; "Go to bed, or I'll find a Shinobi to do it for you!" It hasn't even been five years were we destroyed eachother in another of or stupid wars. I throw the damned thing away, over my shoulder.

No... not stupid. He didn't think it was stupid. He always thought that it was important, He always thought that it was what would keep us all alive. Fool. Wonderous, Loving, dearly departed Fool. But, then, He always acted it. Even when he became the Rokudaime, He always had that idiotic grin on His face, like everything was alright. I'm sure that he had it on his face when he died, probably being the heroic Fool. My Hero.

Whispers in the wind. It calls to me. I heard, from one of the few remaining villages around here now, that the wind is filled with the voices of the Lost Ones, those that died all alone out here. I guess that's me. Except, I hope that I go back to Konoha. Maybe He'll be there. Maybe He'll even give me a kiss. Hahaha. Very funny.

It whispers my name, the Wind. "Hinata-chan, Hina-chan. Come on. Lets go Home. We have a new home now... If you'll come. We want you with us, Hinata. My Hinata-chan... Hina-hime. Onegai, come with me. You'll see. It will be great. We can live, and no one will ever hurt us ever again. We can live, Hinata-chan. For the first time, we can really live."

What a wonderful lie. Or, maybe, the Truth in a whole new light. "Naruto-kun." His name ghosts across my lips. Something warm falls across my shoulders. Big, enveloping. If this is death... I should have died sooner. Hell, guess I was just too scared and weak again.

Hands, worn and calloused, tie It back over my neck, loose and constricting at the same time. The Leaf is dead... why do I still bear it? "Should never throw it away,, Hina-chan. It's all we have to remember them by... but, we have a new Home, now. Please... You'll love it. It's just like Konoha was, only better. There aren't many of us, but alot of our friends are there. I heard that you were all alone out here... and you never knew. I am so sorry, Hina-hime. We... I... didn't know. We were gone when you came back. When I heard... I've searched for you for three years now. You can't give up, not now... not again."

My hands wrap around his, pulling Him closer. "You can't be real," I murmer. "You died. They all did. You can't be real."

"We escaped, Garaa and Neji and Sakura and Ino and Shika and Chouji and Kiba and SHino and so many others. We beat the Sound, Hinata. We killed them! We decided... to leave the memories behind. The Purge didn't get us... it couldn't have. All the survivors of Sand, Rock, Lightning, and the rest, they all came to us. No one will ever hurt us again, Hinata..."

"Stop. Onegai. You can't... you can't be real... You're DEAD!!!!" I whip around and slap him, tears blinding and stinging and burning. He doesn't flinch. He closes his arms around me, like he can make all the bad things, all the nightmares and screams and hate go away. You always were a fool, Naruto.

My Wonderful, Damnedly Heroic Fool. I buried my face in his chest and sob.