TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Our Feelings, Our Lives by XenaAdamana

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: The song is actually called My Confession, it's sung by Josh Groban.
Whenever I listen to his music it inspires me to write... and this is what came out of it.
Please note that this is sort of a test subject in my fields of writing romance and song fics.
Don't own My Confession, or any of the Naruto characters. Wanna listen? Here's a link: http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2907959&urlid=e287824374fda37979 You have to scroll down to where it shows lyrics, click on the title and it'll pop up in your music player.
I have been blind, unwilling to see,
The true love you're giving,
I've ignored every blessing,
I'm on my knees confessing.


I understand her pain. She's been through so much since she has rejoined Konoha. Most people didn't want her back, but I did. They didn't understand anyway.

So what if she was thought to be the biggest traitor next to that Uchiha bastard? Sakura still loved him after Naruto dragged him back half-dead. And that was the same case with me.

When we were younger, I could never figure out why I actually liked her company. We would just sit silently for a while, as if reading each other's thoughts. Maybe someone would start a conversation, and it was usually about something in the ninja world. I didn't even think she knew how to love something.

Turns out I was wrong. All these years, it's finally come together within my head that she DID love someone. How could I have been so blind? So stupid?

Tenten had dropped hints about it, but I never believed her.


That I feel myself surrender,
Each time I see your face,
I am staggered by your beauty,
Your unassuming grace.
And I feel my heart is turning,
Falling into place.
I can't hide,
Now hear my confession.


Maybe she wasn't the most beautiful person in the world. Hell, Ino was better looking than her. But she did have an unknown air about her that just attracted people. She wasn't that strong at all and would even give up easily, but still people liked her. She was completely opposite from me.

But whoever said "Opposites attract" was correct because I was almost driven insane by her.

Whenever she would see me, she'd either wave or smile. I would answer her, and she'd be just like Hinata, too shy to respond. Even though Hinata's broken that habit after Naruto confessed his love over her, the one I am speaking of didn't. She would blush and keep her eyes toward the ground, something even I found cute. But she wouldn't say anything. Just give me a smile or wave and move on. And something didn't feel right! Like I was expecting her to be all over me or something... but then again, we were only friends.

Or so I thought.

That night when my uncle told me she was gone... I almost burst out crying right there. I really wanted to cry. Hinata was, why couldn't I? Damn "Manly issues" or whatever he calls them. I stood there, probably a look of shock written all over my face. Hinata turned to me, tears in her eyes.
"Why did she go?" She asked me.
Pfff, like I knew. If I did, I wouldn't be sitting here on my ass looking like I just got run over by a tractor. I'd be on her like GLUE.

That night, I felt empty, like something was missing in my life. It truly, honestly, scared the living hell out of me. Hinata would peek in once and a while and ask if I was okay, but I wouldn't do anything. That's why I love Hinata like a sister. She understands what people go through. And that was when it hit me. After all these years, I finally found out why she was so near and dear to me.

I loved her.


I have been wrong about you,
Thought I was so strong without you,
For so long nothing could move me,
For so long nothing could change me.


My heart was aching, even though I hid it. The night I heard that, I had turned around and let my tears fall down my face. Exactly why I was crying, I couldn't figure out. Until I actually thought about it.

I honestly did love her.

She was the only one who could help me believe in myself, rather than believing in destiny and fate. Together with Naruto, those two taught me the meaning of life. If it weren't for them, Kidoumaru would've probably killed me. Or I would've killed myself. They had helped me change from an arrogant bastard into a functioning person of society... I was still anti-social though.

Funny that I admit these things, right? After all, who would've thought the great Hyuuga prodigy would actually admit to LOVING someone.

When I told Hinata about this, she nodded in understanding. Another reason to love her. She understands almost everything. Almost.

Tsunade had called that familiar search and rescue team back, except this time I was the leader. Being a jounin did have some good sides. We left early that morning, almost an hour after my uncle had told us the news.

With the wind at our backs, I felt like I was flying along those trees. Time seemed to stand still, or at least I was hoping it was, in order to catch her. She wasn't an idiot when it came to traps and genjutsu after all. Hour after hour we would search, until Akamaru finally picked up her scent. We moved almost at light speed at the point on.

I caught sight of her at the base of a mountain, wearing a familiar cloak wrapped around her. My jaw almost fell off my face it fell so low. How could she have joined Akatsuki?

Everyone in our group could tell Naruto was pissed. He had trusted her in almost every way possible, even telling her about Kyuubi earlier than Sakura. Was she a traitor all along?

No.

How could I tell?

Gut instincts.

I had been with her almost my whole life, and this wasn't going to change it. Shikamaru and I quickly formulated our plan and set it into action. Needless to say, she wasn't alone. That person that we had spotted was an exploding clone. Poor Chouji learned that the hard way.

With Chouji flat on his back and Shikamaru dragging him to safety, we had to depend on Naruto's kage bunshin to protect us. My kaiten did little against exploding clay. Seriously, who uses clay? Naruto had used rasengan multiple times, taking out the members along the base of the mountain. Just as he was about to attack the elder Uchiha, our comrade stepped in front.

Her eyes were narrowed dangerously, and an odd black aura had formed around her hands. The wind kicked up between us and she looked almost Goddess-like. But she wasn't. She couldn't take on three shinobi at the same time. Maybe she was a genius in her own way, but she would never be able to defeat all of us.

So she settled on going after me. Just great. In the time that she was there, she had acquired the same speed as Lee. That was a little nerve wracking, as Lee now had good chances of beating me.


That I feel myself surrender,
Each time I see your face.
I am captured by your beauty,
Your unassuming grace.
And I feel my heart is turning,
Falling into place.
I can't hide.
Now hear my confession.


My heart jumped into my throat at her first strike. Where her hand had hit, there was a black spiral, like Sasuke's old curse seal. If she continued this, I would be dead. So I did what I had to do.

Tsunade had given us permission.

I had to kill her.

My heart was breaking in two as I closed my eyes and concentrated my chakra. It was going to kill me as well to see the only one I have ever loved fall victim to the Hyuuga forbidden technique.

Hakke Sanbyaku Rokujuichi Shiki, or Eight Trigrams, Three Hundred Sixty One Style.

Each strike paralyzed her, but it also paralyzed me. The emotional pain I was going through was killing me. As I was about to land the strike that would kill her, Naruto grabbed my wrist.

"Neji," He had said, "There is no need to kill her. There was a genjutsu placed on her by Itachi. Don't worry, she'll be fine now."

As we dragged her back, her eyes were beginning to open. I couldn't get myself to look down at her, I had done so much damage to her it was almost like I hit myself. Grey eyes stared at me, an odd sort of happiness in them. It was almost like she was happy I had come.

Then again... she was.


You are the air I breathe,
You're the ground beneath my feet,
When did I stop believing?


I visited her almost every day after training with my team. Although I was a jounin, I stayed around my old team. They were the closest people to friends I had. The one day I visited her, she was looking at something out the window. I quietly joined her and we resumed our old habit of just staying silent and observing. The only problem with that was that I couldn't figure out what she was looking at.
"What are you looking at?"
"Do you see Sakura and Sasuke?"
Indeed the newly formed couple was in the middle of the courtyard beneath them. Sasuke had probably come to get Sakura and take her out to lunch. I almost hung my head in shame. They had admitted their love, even Hinata, but I still couldn't bring myself to tell her.

After all those thoughts ran through my head, I noticed she wasn't at the window anymore, instead, she was behind me with something in a box. She tapped me on the shoulder lightly and held it out to me. An awkward silence resumed between the two of us. I cautiously opened it, only to find a perfect silver kunai and shuriken, both with our names on them.
"I engraved them..."
I picked one up. It felt so pure and true, like she had somehow purified the metal to fit me. I smiled and turned to her. Her eyes followed my every movement.


Cause I feel myself surrender,
Each time I see your face.
I am staggered by your beauty,
Your unassuming grace.
And I feel my heart,
Falling into place.
I can't hide,
Now hear my confession.


Gently, I took a hold of her hands. The tanned skin against my own seemed out of place seeing as I was so pale, but it didn't matter.
"I..."
My tongue was stuck. My head spun for words. It was a good thing she understood things well.
"I..."
"Hm?"
"Lo...ve... you..."
Her eyes widened so much it looked like they would pop out of her skull. Before then, I had always thought she was average looking, but when I saw her smile and her eyes light up it gave me a whole new outlook on her. She was beautiful, in her own way. Her own hands squeezed mine and she bent down in front of me. Her crystalline eyes seemed to stare into my soul, like mine probably did to her. Both of us had this moment where nothing could've bothered us, nothing could've hurt us. Time froze when I felt her arms around me. I felt like I was floating on a cloud. She was so gentle, even though I knew how destructive and somewhat powerful she was. My own arms wrapped around her and she began to whisper.
"All these years.... I have loved you. Naruto asked me to help change you. I... I love you too, Neji."
And I couldn't control myself. A smile appeared on my usually stoic face. The space between us was growing smaller until my lips were on hers. Both of our first kisses, both by the people we loved.


I can't hide,
Now hear my confession.
Hear my confession.