TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Bonfires and Shinobi ~ The First Tale by Oni_Chan

[Reviews - 11]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto characters or the skits of Christopher Titus

Yes this fic is based off a skit done by Chris Titus. Some lines are used from it and the basis is the same, but its got a whole new twist you just have to love.
The night was cold and brisk against our skin as we the Rookies sat around a bonfire in the forest near Konoha. One of our rank was no longer gennin like the rest of us, but he remains amongst us, saying the other Chunin were to bothersome. The Rookie Nine, as the youngest of us were known, had mad contact with us and the other other older squad earlier in the week to invite us out to finally celebrate Nara's promotion. We were quite surprised when the falcon came bearing news of the gathering to Suna.

It had been two years since the exams and Nara's promotion, but with troubles in Konoha, the celebration had been put off. Of course we got together during those years, but it was always just the guys, the girls refused to join us on our, usually drunken, outings. But here we sat, all fifteen of us.

We sat in silence until some grew restless. "Lazy ass, this is your party! Decide on something to do already!" my whiskered comrade shouted, pushing at the lounging shinobi.

"Troublesome. I'll take part in anything that involves me staying put."

The Inuzaka bounced up and down. "This calls for stories."

My sister looked at the three of them with a glare. "Childish all of you."

The pink haired one, and her blonde friend nodded in unison. Chouji smiled thinking back on our past days. The Hyuuga teens sat quietly watching the others. That green boy began shouting something about youth, I tuned him out. The Ten Ten girl smiled though, "That's a great idea! You can tell us girls all about your damned drunken days."

The Uchiha and Aburame groaned, something very unusual for both. "Must we really?" This brought forth eager squeals from Uchiha's two fan girls as though they thought something good must have happened, they were dead wrong.

They all began discussing which story to tell and who should tell it. Then the kitsune and dog turned to me. "You should tell the first story."

I stared like they had lost their minds, I refused to look at my brother who was giving me a look behind my back.

The blonde continued, his team mate sending him death glares all the while, "Come on! You know them all best! You're always watching us to make sure we don't die, Gaara."

I don't know how but somehow they got me into telling it. Kankurou and Temari, both now encouraging me to be social, gave me that look that I had learned to mean, do it or else. I think I also did it because it seemed to strike fear in the Uchiha, apparently there were things he wished to keep at our parties. I sighed and sat up straight, all eyes had fallen on me.

"I guess I'll tell the most recent of our outings," I stopped as Naruto began to groan and try to prevent me from going on. Sakura had smirked and hit him, she definitely wanted to know what made Naruto embarrassed. Her eyes read 'blackmail', if only she knew half of our outings.

"Well, we went to a beach that Temari, Kankurou, and I have gone to regularly for years over in the Land of Waves. It started harmless enough, until Kiba broke out the sake they all had brought."

----Night At The Beach----As Told By Me----

We all started out sane and sober that night, at around dusk the liquor came out and things went downhill. In the course of an hour, only two remained sober, myself and Hyuuga. For some reason he restrained himself, something about side effects equal yet opposite of Lee's.

Speaking of Lee, during the night he had challenged Kiba and Akamaru to a drunken battle. The scene was not pretty. Lee had lost it, Kiba lost the battle. He and the canine were sprawled out in the sand, passed out from alcohol or injury, I was never to sure. Lee had wondered off into the ocean and for most of the time he was found floating on buoy in the sea some distance out.

Nara and Chouji sat together muttering random drunken things at each other, no one making much sense. Nara was swinging his sake bottle around and talking about skipping in the clouds. He then attempted to skip, this resulted in him tumbling, sand spraying in Chouji's face, and he got stuck in the sand. Tried to get out, even called for me to help, though I think it was me. I don't know to many other 'Sandy Pandas' around these parts. I nearly choked him with the sand for that, I settled for ignoring him, and he then tried doggy paddling through sand, basically he flopped around for a bit.

Shino, I'm not to sure how this ended up occurring, but before he had three swigs of sake, he was running around constantly releasing his bugs making all the drunken nin stumble, fall and scream. Kankurou kept mistaking some poor sap for his puppet and tried to use his chakra to control them. Needless to say he got aggravated with each 'puppet' and tried punching them. He regretted that when he found Lee washed up on shore and got a foot directly in the face.

I sat quietly watching them all from a sand dune near by. I decided not to get involve with any of their screwed up games and just watch, occasionally I shifted the sand beneath their feet, the faces were priceless. Sasuke even screamed man over board once when the sand tremor forced Shino to fall to his knees. For some reason, Uchiha thought we were all on a boat, oh yes what four bottles of sake could do to a teen.

I had to laugh during this part of my memory. This was the focus of the night that no one would ever forget. I watched it all from my sand dune perch, Neji beside me, he too agreed to getting kicks out of watching our drunken friends. And this was when Naruto found his way from the beach to the bonfire Neji and I had kept going, we knew if it died it wouldn't begin again. Sasuke was to out of it to throw a shuriken straight, let alone use fire ball jutsu.

With sake bottle in hand, Naruto wandered over to the bonfire. Oh wait, did I mention we were burning a telephone pole? Don't know where we got a telephone pole, I do know it's pretty high up there on the drunk theft scale though. All I know is that Kiba, already drunk even before the fire was lit, had dragged us to the site and told Sasuke to get a fire up.

Anyway, Naruto made his way toward said telephone pole, and even though Neji and I saw what was coming neither of us did anything figuring, eh he's a shinobi, it won't kill him. This is when Naruto tripped over a blanket, once again how we got this item as well is a mystery, who brings a blanket to the beach? He tripped and he fell right next to, if not in, the bonfire.

When he finally realized, that was pretty close to his face, he let loose a scream that I swear could have woken the dead. This alerted Sasuke who was in the sand not far off. He made a running jump drunk shinobi leap over to the blonde and attempted to drag him from the log. He stopped dragging, but Naruto's hands remained right on the log.

Another piercing scream alerted the rest of our drunken friends to the scene, and they all proceeded to stomp Naruto out. Steam and smoke literally drifted in clouds off of Naruto that night. So now they all surround him, Neji and I still watch and stare, trying to figure out what to do,

Then our most drunken friend, Kiba, screamed in Naruto's ear. Loud enough for me to hear him quite clearly and I quote, "DUDE! Hahahahhah I'm not laughing at you man, but you are wasted." I remember thinking, and you are all quite sober aren't you?

Chouji realized our friend needed medical attention, but Shino decided it was way to early to end this party. Shikamaru then decided, that the best way to treat Naruto for now, would be to put a cold sake in each of Naruto's hands. Sasuke tossed the bottles to Kankurou who forced them into Naruto's hand, then Kiba managed to throw the offending blanket over Naruto. And then they left him there.

----Campfire---

Temari by this point had laughed herself to tears. She was leaning on Kankurou's shoulder playfully punching him in her fit of laughter. Ten Ten was in a similar fit of hysterics, except she had rolled onto her back and was kicking at the air.

Sakura and Ino were staring from each other to our friends, trying not to laugh at Sasuke but at everyone else. Hinata was giggling uncontrollably looking at each of the faces around her. I think this was the first time I saw the girl red in the face without her fainting.

Naruto, meanwhile, was trying to hide his face in his arms. "It's all their fault," I heard him mutter to deaf ears.

Shino and Sasuke were silently backing themselves against the tree behind them, neither really remembering some of their out bursts, and both apparently wishing they had kept it that way.

Lee was smiling brightly, what else was knew? I mean really, does the kid do anything else? Kiba was laughing along with the girls, drunken times were not new to him. Kankurou was laughing along side our sister, so they were playfully pushing each other with each laugh.

Shikamaru was occasionally laughing, he was for once alert but still lazy as ever. Chouji put his chips down after choking from laughter twice. Neji had the smuggest grin I ever saw plastered on his face. Well, someone was enjoying themselves as much as I was at least. Due to the excitement, no one noticed the smile that had worked its way onto my face as I spoke. Emotions, still new to me, but I didn't hide them all the time now.

"Wait, there's more," I smirked looking back at them. The girls tried their best to sober up, of course they didn't want to miss a minute of this, that's when Temari spoke out.

"Is that a smile dear brother?" she squeaked, that smug sister look evident on her face now. The others gasped or laughed.

I glared at them. "I won't continue if you keep it up," I threatened, crossing my arms I gave them my old deadly glare. The group shouted no, everyone wanting to torcher the others, well Naruto mainly. "Good, now if you don't mind I'll continue."