TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


True Self, New Self by yura

[Reviews - 13]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

hehehe, I just copy paste that.
Ok warnings for the whole story!: Yaoi, language, lemons, and I don't know what else, I will change them later!A/N: Ok this is the first fic that I decided to post here, mainly because someone pissed me off, but that's another story. I usually don't write fics which their respective anime I haven't completly seen, and I mean see 'til the last chapter, no one has seen the last chapter of Naruto anyway, but my muse kept bugging me to post this, so I decided to humor her, and see if she stops annoying me.
This takes place after Naruto and Jiraiya leave the village in order to train for the first time, so they're somewhere out there when the fic starts, besides the things that happen before they leave Konoha, this story will go in a complete different direction than the manga, maybe I will take some things from it, I am sure that Sai will be somewhere around here!
So here it is, the first chapter, it could be a little like a prologue in the beggining though.



' ' Naruto thinking/speaking with Kyuubi
' ' ' ' Kyuubi speaking
" " normal speaking

_____________________________________________________




True Self, New Self

Chapter one: Changes.

I don't want to open my eyes, I'm dead, there's no doubt about that. I knew I'd die when I jumped in front of that attack, I knew I wouldn't survive it, but I had to protect the old man, I had to save him, at least I had to save him. I knew that even if I died the old man would be safe, this was the final attack of our opponent, after performing it, he would surely die. I smiled at that, the last thing I saw before darkness consumed me was his body falling to the ground, life had obviously fled his flesh, knowing he'd be food for the worms, just like me, I brought a nice souvenir with me to the after life.

Now that I say life, it makes me remember mine. A lot had happened, the time changes people, and I'm not an exception. Don't give me that look, I never was as dumb as I acted, it was exactly that, an act, but it was difficult to pull up, since I started traveling with the old man I had to act like a cheerful, idiotic, loud blond all the time, and it wore me out, only kamisama knows how I hated acting like him. When I was home it was easier, I did my little act when I was out, finally being able to be myself between the walls of my apartment. After a year of traveling, I gave up on trying to keep pretending, and just acted like myself. It's not like the old man would try to kill me if he knew anyway, not like the villagers, if they knew that the demon-boy was actually smart, and not the stupid, prankster moron I acted like, I wouldn't be surprised to find myself being killed in my sleep.

It was a matter of survival, to appear as harmless as possible to them, if with my mask they kept beating me up as a child, who would have known what they could do if I revealed my true self to them.

The old man took my change of attitude well, he said that he liked the quiet, serious me better than my other annoying self. He actually started training me more, and slowly we became friends, well it seemed more like a father-son relationship to the people of the villages we visited in our travels. And everything was fine for some months, since people didn't know who I was, must of them were nice to me, even some of the other sannins we encountered in our travels decided to teach me some of their jutsus, the old man's popularity helping a lot too. It seemed that my true self was more charming than I ever thought could be.

I knew that Akatsuki tried to extract Shukaku out of Gaara, but since I knew that the sand master could perfectly take care of himself, I didn't go to help him. And indeed the Akatsuki failed to abduct Gaara, and their forces where a little bit reduced, I heard that one was caught in his desert coffin, I almost feel pity for that fellow, to be stupid enough to attack Sabaku no Gaara, in the middle of a desert!.

Then I heard that Orochimaru tried to attack Akatsuki, I was on my way to take Sasuke back, after all three years had passed and it was time for the snake bastard to change his body, but thankfully the Akatsuki won the battle and Orochimaru was forced to take another body, giving me and my friends more time to get stronger in order to defeat him and take the brunette back.

Two years had passed since then, and the third was just a month apart from starting. It was then when we were ambushed at the forest. We were both too tired, after a long day of intensive training together, we were outnumbered, but we still managed to whip almost all of them out, all except that one that decided to take at least one of us to the grave with him, and it was better to be me, than the old man.

And what about my dream? you may ask. I know I said that I would never die before full filing it, but I'm realistic too, the chances of achieving it are very slim, even if Gaara could, Konoha is different than Suna. And what about Sasuke? I'm sure that Sakura and Kakashi won't give up in trying to bring him back, the last word from Konoha we had was that Sakura is doing very well on her training, and now she's like a mini-Tsunade. If Sakura is half as strong as her teacher, I have no doubts that she'll eventually succeed in bringing him back, even if it is beaten half way to death.

There's something wrong, I can hear things around me. Is there really life after death? I can smell things too, I can feel the grass under me and the wind that caresses my skin. I'm dead right? So how can I be sensing things? I notice something else too, my senses, they are sharper now, way sharper.

I don't want to open my eyes, but eventually I do, I must know what's happening.

Everything looks different, but yet it is the same. The things around me look better, the colors brighter. It's like I'm seeing things with completely different eyes. There are trees above me. I feel someone looking at me, the scent is familiar, wait did I say the scent?. I look to my side, where the scent comes from, it's Jiraiya.

Now if I'm dead and Jiraiya is here, it must mean that he died too, but he didn't. So that means, that I didn't die after all.

I sit down, I didn't realize I was lying down to begin with, not until I opened my eyes. My body feels different, very different. I look at Jiraiya with questioning eyes. He only shakes his head and hands me something, it's a mirror. I lift an eye brown, why does he want me to look myself in the mirror? He looks at me expectantly, so I give in and look. What I see shocks me.

Crimson eyes with slitted pupils looks back at me, wide with shock. My jaw drops open and between my parted lips and can clearly see long, pointy fangs, the pearly white of them, as the rest of my teeth, shocking me further, they are impossibly white, inhumanly white. White... like my skin, it had lost the tan it always had, now it is pale, not an unhealthy pale, more like, Hyuuga pale, yeah that's it. I need to recover my old skin color, at least a little bit, I decide.

My attention now drooped to the hand that was holding the mirror, my nails look like claws now, not that I'm complaining. Something fell in front of my eyes, and all I can see is yellow now. I try to pull it off, but the pain on my scalp prevents me to do so, could it be? Yes, that's my hair, it's long now, I feel my back with my spare hand to see how long it is. It reaches to my butt now, it looks good, I decide, so I won't cut it. But I feel something else there, something fluffy, and it's moving? Please tell me that it isn't... I turn around and see that what I hoped wasn't there, a tail, a fox tail, well more like nine of them. I feel something moving on top of my head, and the mirror confirms it, there are a pair of fox ears there, my human ones no where to be saw.

At least I know who to blame. I seek within my mind that fox, to demand an explanation. Kyuubi and I have been is speaking terms for a while know, he had even taught me a couple of jutsus, but he'll hear me this time... I reach his cage, to find it empty. Great, just great, now where is he?

' 'I'm right here kit.' '

'Where are you? And what the fuck happened to my body?'

' 'You died kit, and I wasn't about to sit and watch. You know that if you die, I die. Desperate times, desperate measures. The only way we could survive was if I merged with you, and merged is what we did. Now you're not human I'm afraid, your human body did die there, now you're a youkai. And for where am I, I'm still in your mind, but more like a voice in your head than an actual being, my knowledge is yours too kit, millenniums of knowledge, you should be happy...' '

'Yeah right. I don't believe you!'

' 'You don't? Then check the seal on your stomach, the one that should keep me inside your body and tell me if it's still there kit.' '

I looked at my bare stomach, the force of the attack had ripped my orange outfit to pieces. And indeed, the seal wasn't there.

''I told you so kit, now I'll leave you with the sennin, he seems to want to ask you some things too.''

I turned my attention to Jiraiya, and just like Kyuubi said, he looked like he wanted some answers too. I looked at him expectantly, giving him the permission to ask, he seemed to be waiting for it.

"Naruto what happened? I saw you when you fell to the ground after the attackers died. I checked your vital signs, their were none and when I was starting to panic your body started to glow and the next thing I know you were lying on the ground, looking like this. If I hadn't seen you change with my own eyes I could have swore you were another person."

"We... we merged Jiraiya-sama. Kyuubi and I, he said it was the only way we could have survived..."

"Kyuubi told you?"

"We have been talking for a while, I'm sorry I never told you Jiraiya-sama, but I wasn't sure how you'd react."

He seemed deep in taught for a while, until he finally spoke, the exact same words that I knew that he'd say, the thing that I knew would happen.

"This could represent a problem when we go back to Konoha."

"I'm aware of that Jiraiya-sama, before they feared me because I had Kyuubi sealed inside of me, they called me a demon, and now I'm actually one."

"If we could do something with the tails and the ears... kami Tsunade is going to kill me!"

"I think that I might be able to do something about them actually."

I concentrated, the information that Kyuubi provided me with the merging making itself very useful already, slowly I could feel the tails and the ears pulling back inside my body. I took a look at the mirror again, the fox ears were gone, but the ears I have now, although very human looking, still were a little bit too pointy to be human, but they looked great anyway. I looked over my shoulder then, the tails were completely gone. My eyes were still the same, but I liked them that way.

I looked at Jiraiya, who was examining me. He gave me an appreciative whistle, earning him a slight punch in his arm.

"I think that I found the main character for my next book!"

"Shut up ero-sennin." I had stopped calling him that a long time ago, but I still enjoy pissing him off, just not as much as the other Naruto did.

"You'll need other clothes gaki, the orange ones are completly ruined."

"Actually I'm glad they are, to speak the truth I hate that color, but I didn't pack any others, and all the money I had, you spent it on women, and I don't want to know what you did with them!" I warned as soon as the man opened his mouth to reply, I learned not to ask the first time we stopped at a village.

"Well boy, we're in the middle of a forest, at three days from the nearest village and you can't exactly walk around almost naked."

"Well you do have a point there old man, and I can't wear yours either, they're too big for me."

''Kit don't worry about the clothes, there are plenty of demon kitsunes on this forest, and I can smell one of my old subordinates nearby, I already told him to get some clothes ready for you, they should be here at any moment...''

'Thanks then Kyuubi.'

"It seems that my clothing is no longer of concern, the new clothes should be arriving shortly." he said, grinning at the confused face of his sensei.

"How?!"

"Not many know, but Kyuubi is actually Lord Kyuubi, he's the leader of the fox demons, and he requested some clothes for me, to one of his subordinates that is nearby." With that, a small silver fox hit entered the clearing we were in, dragging with his small mouth a traveling bag, that seemed heavy. I hurried to his side and picked it up.

"Are you the boy which Kyuubi-sama designed at his heir?"

'Kyuubi, you didn't told me that you told them that I was your heir!'

' 'Now now my boy, how else was I supposed to explain the fact that you look just like me, but you aren't me?' '

'Grrr... fine, it could be worse anyway, now I have a bunch of fox demons under my command... hmmm... it could definitely be worse.'

"Yes I am. My name is Uzumaki Naruto, what's yours?"

"My name is Yuki, my lord," he said bowing his little head, "My father Kuromi sent me with the clothes my lord requested, as well as me. He asked me to stay at my lord's side, in case that he'd ever need something else from his people."

"Hmmm thanks, and please just call me Naruto, the lord thing just doesn't suit me, ok?"

"But my lord..."

"Naruto."

"If that's what you wish, I shall call you Naruto then!"

"That's better!"

He turned to Jiraiya, who had a very funny face and was staring at him.

"What!?" I snapped, his staring getting to my nerves.

"You were talking in whatever language the fox talk."

"I was?"

"Yes you were! I won't ask how, because I bet that you don't know either. Now let's see what's in the bag shall we?"

"Right." I said walking to sit next to Jiraiya, with both the bag and the kit, the bag at my hands, the kit at my shoulder, where he had jumped before I moved.

I opened the bag, inside was a black cloak, with fire like designs in the borders of a silvery color, there was a pair of black pants too, loose and with many pockets, like the ones I had seen many ninjas wear before. There was a black shirt that promised to cling to my body like a second skin, it was sleeveless and it had turtle neck, and to my surprise it had the symbol that my orange outfit had in the back, but again in silver, it looked better in that color I must admit. There were other ninja accessories too, and some accessories to compliment my new outfit too. The earrings shaped like a fox tail were the ones I liked the most.

I proceed to put all the things on, except the cloak. When I went back to the clearing where Jiraiya and the kit were expecting me, I couldn't help but smile at the face the old man made, his eyes seemed about to pop out of his head.

"Wow boy, no one could tell that you had that body with the clothes you wore before! Or it was part of the transformation too?"

My body had changed, but not that much, I was taller now, that had changed, but the muscles were there before, just that they were more visible now that I didn't have that horrible orange thing on. Now I looked like a young man, which is exactly what I am, I'm almost 17 now.

"Half the transformation, half me I think old man."

"You look great, now if everything is set, I think we should get going, we have three more months of training, after that Tsunade forced me to promise we would go back to Konoha, even if it was to say hi, it's been 5 years since the last time she saw you, you know kid?"

"Yes Jiraiya, I know... Lets go then. Come on Yuki, hop on, we have a long way to go."

With that, the kit jumped to his shoulder when he bent to pick up the traveling bag, and the forms of him and his sensei disappeared in a blur, taking the tree tops as his road to the next village.

__________________________________________________________


Reviews are certainly very much appreciated, it makes me happy and willing to update faster !