TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Infinity by DemonicCrys7

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I will dedicate and sacrifice my every-thing
For just a seconds worth of how my story's ending
And I wish I could know if the directions that I take
And all the choices that I make won't end up all for nothing

Crawling in the Dark -- Hoobastank

~~~~~

Naruto growled as he looked at the building. It was another high school, another soulless building where he would spend a small portion of his life in before moving on. He walked inside, not even bothering glance at the other teens crowding the halls as he made his way to the main office.

He walked inside and a woman behind the desk looked up at him. She was probably taking in his tight, orange, pleather pants and black tank top over a fishnet shirt. She was probably shocked at the whisker tattoos he’d gotten back in eighth grade. Just like everyone else.

“You must be Uzumaki Naruto,” she said at last, and Naruto just nodded. She handed him his schedule and a map of the high school and told him to get to class. He walked out of the room, glad to be free of her gawking.

He found the room number of his homeroom, and found himself and where he had to go on the map, and started making his way through the halls. They were filled with teens, laughing, joking, yelling, and in some cases, making out. Naruto paid no one a glance.

He was so absorbed in finding his way, though, that he ran into someone and fell to the ground. He looked up, and there stood a god of sex. He had black hair spiked in the back, and cold, heartless black eyes. The boy just glared at Naruto, and Naruto glared back, mutual hatred from the moment their eyes locked.

It was obvious Naruto was the outcast-type, and the boy was the sexy, smart and popular-type. So they mutually decided to treat the moment as if it was nothing, for anything else would cause more problems for the both of them. The boy returned to chatting with a girl whom he would probably forget soon enough. And Naruto stood up and again started making his way to homeroom.

He made it just before the bell rang, and went up to the teacher’s desk, giving him the note the woman in the principal’s office had given him. The teacher stood up and gestured to a seat, which Naruto took.

“Class, today we have a new student, Uzumaki Naruto,” Iruka-sensei said. The class continued chatting away, uncaring of the punk-goth new kid. “Would anyone like to show him around on his first day here?” Iruka-sensei asked, trying again. No one answered.

“It’s okay, sensei, I’ll be fine on my own,” Naruto said, putting his schedule and map inside his back pack. Iruka-sensei seemed to be distraught.

“I’ll show him around,” a voice from the back said, and the class instantly got quiet. Naruto turned around, and there sat what Naruto’s mind instantly labeled as a kindred spirit. It was no wonder the class was surprised he had spoken.

He had short, red-brown hair that was spiked, and his skin was amazingly pale. His eyes, though, were enrapturing. They were outlined in kohl, and were the most gorgeous shade of aqua Naruto believed he’d ever seen. His clothes looked like they all came from Hot Topic, as they dripped fishnet and chains. On his forehead was the Japanese character for love, tattooed onto his skin.

“Thank you, Gaara,” Iruka-sensei said, and Gaara nodded, standing up to go sit by Naruto. Naruto shivered at his mere presence, noticing the room was still silent. Slowly, the conversations picked up again, but they seemed more restrained, more awkward.

The class announcements came on, and afterwards the bell rang, signaling the end of homeroom. Naruto and Gaara walked out together awkwardly not saying anything.

“What’s your first class?” Gaara asked.

“I can find my own way, thanks,” Naruto replied. Gaara shrugged, uncaring.

“Suit yourself.” He turned to walk away, but hadn’t gone more than a few steps when he turned back around. “What period do you have lunch?”

“Fifth,” Naruto responded.

“That’s my period, too. If you have any trouble finding somewhere to sit, come to the fourth-floor cafeteria, I’ll be saving you a seat.” With that, he turned back around and continued walking.

Naruto had to run to find his first class, math of all things. Barely making it inside, he was almost instantly falling asleep to his teacher’s lecture about quadratic equations. She woke him up angrily.

“Naruto,” she said furiously, “You are not making a good impression on your first day,” she chided. Naruto shrugged, and she instantly began pelting him with questions. He answered all the math problems perfectly. His old school had been somewhat military-style, so he had good practice answering math problems quickly and with machine precision.

The teacher huffed and went back up front to continue teaching. He rested his head back down and fell asleep again, only to be woken up by the screeching of a bell. He yawned and made his way to his next class.

His next three classes, Biology, History, and English were no problem. His old school had driven as many facts as they could into him, so these more relaxed classes were a joke. Lunch eventually rolled around and he made his way to the fourth-floor cafeteria. No way was he passing up a free seat.

He entered the cafeteria, soon pelted with the amazing volume of high school students chatting and laughing. He quickly found Gaara, and almost laughed.

Gaara was sitting by himself. The entire table he was sitting at was empty. Naruto hesitantly made his way over and sat down next to the boy, who didn’t even give him a second glance. The conversations in the cafeteria faltered a bit in shock of someone sitting with Gaara, but continued on quickly in an effort to pretend nothing had happened.

“So, how was your day?” Naruto asked, trying to fill the silence.

“Good,” Gaara responded.

“Um . . . that’s good . . . my day went well . . .” Naruto fumbled as Gaara turned those piercing green eyes to him.

“You’re cute when you’re uncomfortable,” he said, and went back to his lunch. Naruto was in a state of shock, his mouth opening and closing like a fish gulping for air. Then a blush came over his face and he didn’t try to say anything else. Truth be told, Gaara was pretty cute himself.

Naruto had long ago gotten over the fact that he was gay. Actually, it was more he didn’t like most anyone, but occasionally he did fall for someone, and that someone was always a guy. Naruto had told his mom, but she didn’t care either way, so long as he didn’t bother her.

After Naruto’s father had died, his mother had started sending him off to various boarding schools as soon as he was old enough to be in school. His aunts said it was because he looked too much like his father. Eventually though, he would inevitably start getting into trouble and she would just send him to another one.

This time, she finally decided he could live on his own and decided to rent him an apartment near a regular high school. Naruto had to admit it was quieter than living in a dorm, though he supposed he liked it that way.

Only one of his previous crushes had ever worked out into anything. But this could work out right? Gaara said he was cute, so he must be gay, right? But Naruto knew better than to get his hopes up.

After lunch, Naruto and Gaara were walking out of the cafeteria when Naruto started to sense the other students’ heated glares directed towards him. Gaara seemed to notice Naruto’s awkwardness and slowly slipped a hand into Naruto’s own and squeezed gently, reassuringly.

Naruto could tell from the moment he’d met Gaara that he wasn’t a big talker, more preferring to communicate silently. The simple gesture of holding hands spoke more than volumes about him. Gaara was an enigma, but in that moment, Naruto felt as if he knew Gaara’s soul.

It was akin to when someone opens up and tells you everything about themselves, only in body language. Gaara was showing that he wanted to protect Naruto. Gaara was showing that although he seemed not to care about being shunned, he still wanted companionship. And he was showing that he liked Naruto, even in some small amount.

Naruto knew better than to get his hopes up, but maybe, just one more time, he would let himself hope.

“What’s your next class?” Gaara asked, and, unlike earlier, Naruto felt obliged to tell him.

“Art,” he said, and Gaara nodded, pointing the way and heading off to his own class. Naruto slowly made his way to art. He entered the room, and was surprised by the state of the room. The students were wildly talking, but somehow all still working. The teacher was sitting, feet up on his desk, reading a book that’s title was Make Out Paradise.

The seats were set up around four tables, six seats at each. Naruto took a seat with five other boys. They glanced up for a second before going back to work. The teacher looked up.

“Uzumaki Naruto, right?” he asked, silver hair glinting. Naruto nodded. The teacher stood up and grabbed a piece of paper and handed it to him. “Draw something,” was his only direction.

One of the boys must have noticed his confusion because he leaned over, “He’s always like that, Kakashi-sensei likes to let us do as we like most of the time.”

“Thanks,” Naruto replied, picking up a pencil and beginning to sketch.

“No prob, by the way, name’s Kiba, that’s Chouji, Shikamaru, Neji, and Lee,” the boy said, introducing the rest of the group. Naruto nodded to each of them.

“Hey,” the boy called Chouji said through a mouthful of chips, “I heard you sat with Gaara today at lunch.” The boys’ heads rose a few inches in interest.

“Wow, word travels fast,” Naruto commented. The five boys were staring at him.

“You mean you did?” Lee asked in shock. “I mean, you weren’t creeped out or anything?” Naruto just smiled.

“Nah, Gaara’s cool,” he said, grinning and going back to his sketch. A boy at another table stood up and came over, glaring at Naruto. Naruto recognized him as the boy he’d run into earlier.

“If you don’t want to be hurt, I suggest you stay away from Gaara,” he said, picking up an eraser from the bin on their table and going back to his seat.

“Who was that?” Naruto asked when the boy was gone.

“That’s Uchiha Sasuke, Student Body President and School Heart-throb. He’s troublesome,” Shikamaru answered.

“Wait, Uchiha Sasuke. Is he related to Uchiha Itachi?” Naruto asked, a small smirk forming on his lips. Sasuke’s head shot up.

“How do you know Itachi?” he asked accusingly.

“Oh, we’ve met,” Naruto said slyly, smirk widening. “He used to talk about you all the time, Sasuke-kun. His annoying little brother.” Naruto nearly broke out into laughter when Sasuke shot him one last glare and whipped back around without a response.

“How do you know Itachi?” Kiba asked, whispering.

“We used to date,” Naruto said casually. “I dumped him, and he got pretty pissy about it. It’s always fun to make pretty boys angry, they get so mad they mess up their hair.” Naruto looked up from his drawing at the boys staring at him. “What?”

“You’re gay?!” Lee asked, shocked. Naruto laughed, stood up, and did a turn to show them his outfit.

“Would anyone straight be wearing this?” he asked, sitting down and continuing to draw.

The rest of art class passed in relative silence because he seemed to have stumped his companions. He easily made his way through his last classes, and sighed when he walked out of the building, glad to be free.

He almost jumped when he heard a car horn. He turned to see Gaara, waiting patiently on him. He walked up to the car.

“Want a ride?” the boy asked. Naruto grinned, and walked around to the other side and got into the black convertible. On the hood the Japanese character for love was written in red.

“How was your day?” Naruto asked. Gaara shrugged and Naruto took this to mean that it went okay. “Mine was interesting. First, I met you. Then, in my art class, some kid named Uchiha something got pissy because I used to date his brother.”

“You used to date Itachi?!” Gaara asked, and Naruto was pleased that he actually startled Gaara into saying something.

“Yeah, I dumped him last year, though,” Naruto responded.

“Why?” Gaara asked.

“We just didn’t get along very well,” Naruto asked. “Why, do you know him?”

“Sasuke and I dated last year,” Gaara responded glaring at the street.

“No shit? Pretty boy is gay?!” Gaara nodded. “Well, that certainly does explain the ‘stay away from Gaara’ shit he pulled today in art.”

“He told you to stay away from me?” Gaara asked, and Naruto was startled by the hurt in his eyes.

“Yeah,” Naruto responded, noticing the way Gaara’s hands had loosened on the steering wheel, as if in slight defeat. Once again, Naruto had to read into Gaara’s body language, speaking more than volumes. “Wouldn’t trust the fucker anyway. He obviously isn’t a very good judge of character.”

Gaara looked up into beautiful, reassuring blue eyes. Naruto grinned comfortingly. Gaara nodded and returned his eyes to the road.

“You want to come over?” Naruto asked. Gaara nodded, and Naruto began to give him directions to his apartment.

~End Chapter 1~

I am but a raindrop, one in a million, but still able to make waves.