TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Better Part of Honor. by Tashibana

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: So this is as you may have guessed the beggining. It's not all that long since I've slacked on typeing here lately. Anyway, yeah so there it is. More to come this time I hope.

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, I do however have several rights to Tachi. This is my part in a larger story that I may or may not include. If so all credit will be given at that time.
With constant war between the Lands of Earth, Fire, Lighting, Water, Wind and their neighboring countries, The Village of Konoha has recently signed a treaty with the Village Hidden in the Clouds.

In this constant war, two countries have appeared as military mights. The Land of Wind and the Land of Fire. They have become the two most powerful and unsurpassed nations in the area. The Land of Wind has shown no signs of alliances and taken over any area that has threatened their might. The Land of Fire has held a defensive view in the war, only fighting hostile countries.

Because of this, many areas have surrendered to the Wind in fear of their lives, adding the countries immense supply of land. In return, Konoha has received a treaty from the one country that could even compare to the two. The Land of Lightning.

Intimidated by this action, the Wind have prepared their shinobi from the Village Hidden in the Sand to wage war with Konoha to prove once and for all who was the most powerful nation.

Konoha has already called for help from the Village Hidden in the Clouds but their Shinobi have yet to appear. With Konoha and the Sand on the verge of war, the other countries have grown silent with their smaller battles. All eyes have turned to see the war that will ultimately decide the history of all of the other countries.

Only time will be able to tell the winner. And only the strongest country will emerge victorious.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tachi sat against a tree with his attention on the mat that lay before him. A small assortment of weapons and a puppet were his current project. He picked up a small curved blade and rolled it around in his hands before fastening it into a thin slot in the puppets wrist. Moving to the next item on the mat he began setting a spring loaded launcher in the other wrist. Working carefully he moved to the chest cavity. With a slight sigh he began the tedious task of loading the circular rapid-senbon discharger he'd been working on. Doing his best to keep the calibration in mind he began to set the trap.

Minutes of work followed and with each senbon set Tachi's confidence began to grow. His fingers’ becoming a blur and the trap was soon set. He stood up then and brushed off his brow, smiling he surveyed his work.

Next he began to focus his chakra. He created thin strings and led them from the tips of his fingers to the ten major points on the puppet, those being wrists, ankles, knees, elbows, neck, and spine. Testing each connection carefully he began to put the puppet through a series of drills. Starting out he had the puppet walk and tested out joint movement. From there he tried more evasive maneuvers such as flips and spins.

Satisfied that he had the control he needed he began for the day's true test. Turning the puppet towards a series of targets his hands flew into a dance of movement. With a skilled flick of the finger attached to the puppets left wrist he activated the hidden blade, and with ease he slashed through the first target. Tachi halted the puppets movement and controlled it to raise its right arm at the next target. Another quick finger flick and the wrist launched its projectile. The explosive tagged rock hit the target squarely and blew up on impact.

Turning to the next set of targets Tachi held his breath. Combined movements directed at the puppets neck and spine caused it to lurch forward and back, opening the chest cavity. The next dance of his fingers set the newest trap into motion. As the first volley of senbon launched Tachi immediately noticed the problem. Moving as fast as he could he deactivate the trap, but not before two ore rounds went off. They flew wildly in many directions, one such senbon flew through the back of the puppet and lodged itself in Tachi's forearm. With a small grunt he released his connection to the puppet and let it crumple to the ground. Turning his attention to the senbon he grimaced and pulled it out with a jerk. He then collapsed against a tree trunk.

"That could have gone better." He said to the sky. "At least it went better this time that it did last time." With a glance at the now lifeless puppet he began musing. "Maybe it's in the rotation of the axle, the half spin seems to be too much, maybe a stationary approach? I any case I never expected this to be so difficult." With a sigh he rose to his feet and began walking to the puppet. "Better give it up for now, I need time to work on the rotation to trajectory formula anyway." He picked the puppet up and carried it over to its box. Securely fastening it shut he sling it onto his back. "First puppet master of Konaha, it has a nice ring to it." His smile slipped a little once he heard the voice behind him.