TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Forever Hurting; Forever Bleeding by Shinimegami

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
(Background Music: This is the New Shit – Marilyn Mason)

Something was in the stables, silently tearing the animals to shreds. It would soon
make its way inside. Creeping from room to room, bed to bed; it would claim the lives of those inside. Muzzle still wet with the blood of its previous kill, it would mercilessly rip out the throats of the sleeping and unwary inside, young and old alike.

Miles away, many more of these creatures were gliding about in the night,
hovering over the desert sands in utter silence. Their presence was undetectable save the
morbid scent of bloodlust that hung heavy in the air around them. They crept about as the
first one had done; killing and spilling innocent blood in all of Sunakgakure no Sato.

Soon, shouts shattered the silence of the cold desert evening as the Kazekage and
his siblings set the shinobi of Suna into motion; directing jounin and chuunin this way and that in pursuit of the attackers. It was not long before all fourteen of the creatures were found, killed and brought back before the Kazekage.

Even dead, these things were a terrible sight to behold. The dark fur on their formless bodies matted with blood; their long fangs still dripped with the scent of their
victims and their silver eyes still bore through holes through the souls of those who dared to peer into their eyes.

The Kazekage glanced at contempt at the heap of dead things at his feet that had torn apart the village, his village, his home.

He turned away in disgust and turned to survey the shinobi. When all of them had been accounted for he dismissed them to bury the dead and to conceal the night’s occurrences. His displeasure was immediately dispelled by the fact that most of them had returned unharmed. A pungent smell pricked his nostrils and he was suddenly reminded of the pile of dead things at his feet – the creatures reeked of death and he had no desire
to keep them in his presence. “Sabakukyu” he muttered, then with a swift clenching of his right fist, “Sabakusoso”

The night’s sorrow and grieving was washed away in the rain of sand and blood –
and along with the presence of those ‘things’ in Suna – erased. The Kazekage walked calmly back toward his home with either sibling at his side, seemingly undisturbed by the black blood dripping down his face. It was over and they were gone, dead.

His troubles were over.

But the Kazekage could not be more wrong. It would not be long before Suna’s yellow desert sands would be forever stained red with floods of blood and tears.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Those creatures of yours have served us well, Rae-san”
The brunette bowed deeply, “arigato, Fuyutsuki-sama.”
“Rest now. In the morning I will have Kusano-san lead a team consisting of yourself as well as Kesuku-kun into to Suna.”
“Hai, Fuyutsuki-sama” she muttered as she retreated from the room.

Rae stumbled into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her. Suddenly stricken with a wave of dizziness and nausea she slumped against it and closed her eyes never again…she thought.

Taking a deep breath she stripped off her clothes and forced her tired body to clamber into the shower. The scalding water ran over her naked and frozen body; the
dried blood crusted on her skin washed away – pink water swirling at her feet.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The party of three was promptly halted at Sunagakure no Sato’s entrance – like he had asked of the many before them – the shinobi at the gate demanded identification and something indicative of authorization to be here.
“We are medics, sent by the orders of the Mizukage” the blond young man replied and promptly produced their identification papers as well a letter bearing the signature
and insignia of the Mizukage. The shinobi examined the paper then nodded.
“You must appear before the Kazekage, otherwise, we will have the lot of you killed” he warned them then stepped aside to allow the threesome to pass.

The chuunin’s eyes narrowed to study them as they walked by him. The man who had spoken to him could very well pass for a shinobi…but the two at his side, he still had his doubts about. One was a tall, lanky and rather awkward looking boy with his medic band tied around his arm. The other was a frail girl, the emptiness in steel grey her eyes made him shudder – it was as if she was already dead.

However ‘un-shinobi’ like they appeared, the group had managed to produce the proper identification; there was simply no reason to withhold them.

The shinobi halted at the foot of the Kazekage’s dwelling and exchanged awkward looks before proceeding inside. The girl reassured both her comrades with a pat on the back then rapped gently against the great mahogany door of the Kazekage’s office.

“Enter!” came a voice from within.

The girl slowly pushed open the door to reveal the Kazekage seated at his cluttered desk. A blonde stood close by with her arms crossed in front of her chest,
sporting fishnet covered limbs and a large fan of sorts on her back.

The team sank into a bow at the threshold then approached to present their papers.

Sabaku no Gaara leafed through them and nodded slowly, “might you be the leader of the Mizukage’s ‘special’ medic team?” he asked of the young man who had presented him the papers.

He shook his head, “I am the escort; these two at my side are the medics”

Gaara nodded, “you two, follow Termari-san” he ordered, motioning them to follow the blonde as she turned to leave the room.

Both Rae and Kesuke shot Kusano a last long look before proceeding out the door.

“Will you be staying long in Suna?” Gaara continued
The young man shook his head, “I plan to depart shortly as I am expected to appear before the Mizukage later this evening”
“Give my thanks to the Mizukage for his assistance in this matter.”
“I will be sure to, Kazekage-sama”

The blond man left the office with a smirk on his face. So far, so good…
The medics were brought to the infirmary a good distance away from the Kazekage’s quarters. Though they had arrived in Suna but a half hour ago, the climate
here – they decided – was more disagreeable than that of any other place: hot and arid.

The sun beat down mercilessly on their backs; the sand under their feet burned like liquid fire in the scorching heat of the midday sun – nothing could better exemplify the flames of the Underworld. It was a hell on earth.

“My feet are burning…” Kesuke protested.
Rae shot him a glance.

“This is what I live with everyday guys…welcome to my life” Temari said with a good natured chuckle, “don’t worry…uh, I didn’t catch your name– you’ll get used to it.”

The medic boy nodded with a sour look on his face, “I’m Kesuke” he muttered. “And you?” Temari asked of the girl.

“I’m Rae” she replied.

After a long awkward silence, Kesuke finally spoke again, “what seems to be the trouble with the injured shinobi, Temari-san?”

She shook her head, “the truth is, Kesuke-kun… I have no idea” she murmured, “Their wounds are rotting…the way corpses do after being left out too long.”

Kesuke glared at Rae out of the corner of his eye and Rae cast her eyes downward.
“That certainly is strange…” Rae muttered, “anyhow, Kesuke-kun and I will have
a look at them”

Suna’s infirmary was a large white building protruding like a tall pillar out of the sand; secluded from the rest of the village. Once inside, the party made the long trek to
the quarantine wing where the injured shinobi were kept under observation.

Neither Rae nor Kesuke needed to be told that they had arrived at their destination. The putrid smell of rotting flesh that stung their nostrils as their approached the end of the hall was already an adequate indication.

“I will leave the two of you here, if you require anything, do not hesitate to ask
the nurse at the desk” Temari told them then disappeared.

Rae quickly slapped on a pair of latex gloves and pressed the back of her gloved hand over her nose and mouth as she pulled open the door to let herself and Kesuke inside. Temari could not have been more accurate in describing the condition as “corpses
that have been left out too long”. The wounds had blackened and some were crawling with maggots despite the medics’ efforts to clean the wound. Kesuke sighed loudly, “lovely task this is isn’t it?”

Rae shrugged, “come help me, Kesuke. We’ll do this one at a time”

The boy grudged over to the bed his comrade stood beside, “yea?” he muttered, evidently annoyed. Rae inhaled deeply. He had reason to be – all of these were her doing…or rather that of her ‘creatures’. The first patient was a little boy, no more than four years of age. His flank had been torn out completely and the maggots were now
finishing off what flesh was left hanging from his frail rib cage.

“Clean the wound and put him to sleep” Rae ordered as she turned then discreetly slight her left wrist, letting flow a stream of black-red blood. Dipping her index finger
into the gory mess she began to draw around the infliction, a circle and many symbols – as if to perform a summon. After a series of hand seals, she pressed her palm gently into the center of the open wound, “Tensei!” she muttered.

Almost instantaneously, flesh began to regenerate and close up around the cavity in the boy’s side. Kesuke watched, dumbfounded as muscle wrapped over exposed bone and skin over the pink flesh. “how did you?”
The brunette shrugged and smiled, “let’s get going…I will explain this later”

Late into the evening, treatment of all of the patients was complete with much blood letting and borrowed chakra from Kesuke. A completely exhausted Rae slumped down into a chair beside one of the beds and let out a soft sigh, “all done”. The moment of rest was equally welcomed by Kesuke who took his seat on the window ledge.

“Nee-san, do you realize how dangerous it is –” Kesuke began.

Rae sighed, “I know – but it’s not as if I had another way…” she muttered, “besides, I don’t really care.”

“Don’t care about what?” Kesuke asked, “using a forbidden jutsu or dying?”

She shrugged, “I don’t know…both? Anyhow – ninjutsu of this caliber never killed anyone and I highly doubt that I’ll be the first”

“The stupid things you do to impress Kusano-san ”Kesuke muttered under his breath.

“Excuse me?”

He shook his head and chuckled nervously, “nothing…nothing at all”

Rae rolled her eyes and pretended not to have heard. She peered out the window at the sun setting upon the red and purple streaked horizon, wondering where Kusano-san had disappeared to. He better not have run off to see her again…
Sighing, she cupped her face in her hands, knowing that he probably had gone off to find his not-so-secret lover. Both Kesuke and Rae, as well as the Mizukage were well aware that he visited and was occasionally visited by a female ANBU from Konoha.

She’d never seen the ANBU’s face but often imagined that she must be beautiful or extremely talented…after all, what did Kusano-san see in her? What could possibly keep Kusano-san so interested in her so long after he’d left the place of his birth?