TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Children of the Fox by Takumi

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, I wish I did, but I don't.

This is my first fic so if characters don’t quite fit or I’ve missed some part of the story, sorry. There also will be massive OOC...consider yourself warned.
Please review, I need all the help I can get, but please no flames.
Background: Time skip forward to when all of the story ninja are around 25. Naruto has been Hokage for 5 years and Sasuke has returned to Konohagakure 2 years ago, after defeating Itachi. Lee and TenTen have married and moved to a different village along with Ino and Shikamaru who were both married around the same time. A few months after returning Sasuke began dating Sakura and around the same time Naruto and Hinata tell everyone that they have been secretly seeing each other for quite some time and intend to be married the middle of the next year. It came as a surprise to everyone in the village when Sasuke finally proposed to Sakura on the aniversery of the destruction of the Uchiha clan. The two couples met and decided that a double ceremony was the best way to go so, with Tsunade officiating, Naruto and Hinata, Sasuke and Sakura were married that next year. Sasuke and Sakura were the first to conceive and their child was born only a year and a half after they were married. Everything went off without a hitch and they both began to raise the new heir to the Uchiha name. Hinata's pregnancy came about a year later and, unlike Sakura's, was nowhere near as easy...

**Flashback**

Naruto and Sakura were standing in the hall of the Konoha hospital, and Naruto very agitated as Sakura told him what the problem was. "I don't know what to do Naruto, the two infants are too small to be born, not to mention how they are twisted up in the umbilical cord," whispered Sakura. "Well think of something! There has to be something you can do!!" Naruto half-yelled at her. "Hinata's too weak to undergo any sort of operation so I think at best we will lose the two children. I'm sorry," she whispered back softly. Naruto started pacing back and forth in the hall then asked, "Can I see her?" "Yes," Sakura replied, "but be gentle, she's under a ton of stress right now."

When Naruto walked into Hinata's hospital ward all the staff saw the troubled look on his face and left to give the two their space. "How are you doing my love?" the blonde asked. "Ok, I guess," replied Hinata, "but the doctors aren't saying much and that is always a bad sign." "Yah, there is something wrong...they don't think the babies will make it. They say they are premature...I'm sorry my love." he replied quietly. "Isn't there anything they can do...AAAHG!" yelled Hinata as she suddenly went into labor.

Sakura dashed into the room yelling "I need med-nin in her stat! Naruto I need you to step outside you're in the way!" and she shoved Naruto roughly out of the door. As Naruto watched the nurses and doctors stream into the room he began to cry softly to himself. While he was crying he heard a voice in his head 'What's wrong little one?' 'What? Kyuubi is that you?' he thought franticly. 'Of course it’s me you fool, who else
would it be? What’s the matter?' Kyuubi replied sharply. 'Hinata's in labor and there is a good chance that neither her nor the babies will survive. I can't live without her!' Naruto thought dejectly. 'Do you want me to save all of them?' Kyuubi asked rather bluntly. 'Yes! Of course I want you to save them! How can you?' Naruto replied excitedly. 'Just let me have control for a few minutes and I assure you that you will see both you wife and your children when you wake up...' Kyuubi replied. Naruto was so wrapped up in preparing himself for Kyuubi that he missed the end of the fox spirits sentence '...but there will be a cost.'
~*~

Sakura was amazed to see Naruto walk back into the hospital room surrounded by translucent red flame, "Naruto, I thought I told you to stay outside!" she yelled at him, "You're getting in the way!" Naruto wasn't even listening; he walked right past Sakura and pushed his way through the doctors and nurses ringing Hinata. Hinata looked up at him with a look of agonizing pain, her eyes begging for some sort of hope. All he said as he went through five quick sets of handseals was, "Trust me little one, it will be alright." Then he placed his hands on her swollen stomach and there was a flash of red light that permeated the entire room then refocused into two tiny red orbs that sank into Hinata's womb. Naruto smiled and sighed, a look of absolute bliss coming across his face, and then he collapsed on the floor unconscious.

He awoke later in a bed next to Hinata and shook his head to clear his mind of the fuzz of sleep. 'Please tell me Hinata and the twins are ok!' he thought to himself as he rolled out of the bed. He stood and walked over to Hinata's side to see how she was doing. She slept peacefully on her side a little bit of drool coming out the side of her mouth. All of Naruto's worry evaporated as he smiled and wiped away the little drool path and thought, 'Kami she's cute when she does that.' He then gave her a kiss on the forehead and walked toward the waiting room to find Sakura. When he found her she said, "Good you're finally up. We thought something horrible had happened to you when you collapsed like that." "I’m ok," he replied then he asked anxiously, "Are the twins alright?" Sakura smiled and said, "Yes, I don’t know how it happened, but they are alright, actually they are doing great. You want to see them don't you?" "Yes I really want to see them, can you show me where they are?" he replied. She nodded and led him to the new deliveries ward and then to two little bassinets set right next to each other. When he stood over their cradles both infants slowly opened their pure white eyes and looked at him, nothing else, just him. It was strange how much power their gazes held. Naruto could see the intelligence flickering just below their eyes as he looked right back at them. He just stood there looking for a full five minutes until he slowly turned to leave and return to Hinata. As he left the room he felt what could be described as a rumble of pleasure coming from Kyuubi.

**End Flashback**

Naruto stood in what looked like the Konohagakure village square. Everything looked normal except that all the buildings around him looked like they had been victim of a violent earthquake. In the center of the square stood Shotatsu, his beloved son, his own little dragon amid all this destruction. There was something not quite right about how he looked. His fingernails looked more like claws and it looked like his mouth held fangs instead of teeth. On his forehead Naruto could see a seal glowing. It showed two water droplets, one green and one blood red, struggling back and forth against each other, neither one ever gaining dominance over the other. What was most frightening was the red aura that surrounded him and that let off exactly nine tails behind him. "What's going on? What's happening, what is wrong Shotatsu?" Naruto yelled toward his son. The boy only growled ferally at him and began to advance toward him doing handseals the entire time. Then the child's body shuddered with pain and the red aura evaporated along with the seal on his forehead. He collapsed onto the ground with a groan. Naruto rushed over to him and lifted his head asking, "What’s going on?" All the boy was able to manage was, "I'm sorry father, He shouldn't have gotten control, I'm sorry, I should have done better," before he passed out.
~*~

"AAAGGH!" Naruto yelled as he sat bolt upright in his bed covered in a sheen of sweat. Hinata stirred next to him in the bed turning over slightly and asking sleepily, "What’s wrong my love?" "Nothing, just a nightmare," he replied, and then she mumbled something else and returned to sleep. "Only a horrible nightmare..." he said to no one in particular before returning to bed himself.

The next morning he was awakened bright and early by his two children bouncing happily up and down on the bed. "Utami, Shotatsu what did I tell you about doing that? Especially when your mother and I are still in the bed? Hmm? What do you have to say for yourselves?" Naruto asked when the finally pulled the covers that he had hiked up off of his face. They hung their heads and said in unison "We're sorry daddy; it’s just that you need to get up. It’s our first day of school remember?" Then they jumped giggling onto their father who was wearing the expression of one who had just been hit hard on the head. As they jumped Naruto's arms shot out, gently snagging them out of the air and putting them under his arm as he got out of bed, "Guess I'll have to get going then!" he said as he walked for the kitchen. He was half-way through making a pot of ramen with Utami and Sotatsu standing as guards at the door to the bedroom when Hinata walked out in her long nightgown and poked him in the side, "What did I tell you about feeding them ramen for breakfast? Really, just because you grew up on it doesn't mean that everyone should." she said in an air of fake annoyance. Naruto just smiled and gave her a light kiss while his kids made faces in the background and said, "Ok, you win. What do you want me to make?" "How about you sit down and I'll make something," Hinata replied giggling, "I wouldn't want you to burn their breakfast." "Hey!" Naruto replied, "I can cook just fine." He looked at his children and asked "Can't I you two?" Both if his kids stood silent except for the occasional muffled giggle. "Well fine, if nobody likes how I cook I guess I'll just sit down," he said to no one in particular as he play pouted and walked to his seat.
~*~

Forty-five minutes later, he was walking toward the school building next to the Academy with Utami on his shoulders and Shotatsu holding his hand. Their parents had enrolled them in an early learning program that was designed to give kids a head start when the entered the Academy. You could enter as early as 6 and stayed until you got to your 8th birthday and you graduation into the Academy. As they walked Shotatsu noticed his Uncle Kakashi standing off to one side of the road. Shotatsu knew he didn't have many grandparents but he made up for it by having tons of uncles and aunts. There was his Aunt Sakura and Uncle Sasuke who lived nearby, but also there were: Uncle Kakashi, Uncle Iruka, Aunt Tsunade, Uncle Gaara, Aunt Hanabi, Uncle Jiraiya, and finally Uncle Lee, Aunt TenTen, Aunt Ino, and Uncle Shikamaru. He was amazed himself when he was able to remember all of them all at the same time. As usual his Uncle Kakashi was leaning against a tree reading one of the books that never seem to leave him. "Hey Uncle Kakashi, what’s up?" Shotatsu yelled as he ran toward his favorite uncle. Hearing her brother yell Utami squealed "Yay! Uncle Kakashi!" and jumped off of her dad's shoulders dashing after her brother. They both ran over and tackled Kakashi's legs, laughing and asking if he had anything for them. He ruffled their hair and said, "Well I don't know if I do...wait, here's something!" and pulled out two lollypops and handed one to each of them. "Yay! Candy!" the two youngsters squealed in unison as they grabbed the proffered sweet. "Now behave yourself and do well in school. Go now, I'll probably see you guys again later today." Kakashi said as he gently pushed the two back toward their father and the schoolhouse. "Seeya Uncle Kakashi!" Utami yelled as she and her brother ran back toward Naruto. "Hey, Dad, what is that book that Uncle Kakashi is always reading?" Utami asked her father. "Nothing you ever need to see. It's also something you should never ask your Uncle Jiraiya about either." her dad replied laughing, "Now go, you need to get inside." "K' seeya Daddy!" the two yelled as they tore off for the door to the building. 'Kids, I don't think I'll ever understand them...' Naruto thought to himself as he walked back to his house.
~*~