TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Music Man by baldragnarok16

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Songs of Consequence

Chapter 1: Stones

----

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

---

No one could’ve been happier than Kin Tsuchi on that day, October 10th. Who wouldn’t be happy after getting invited to one of the biggest birthday bashes of the year, thrown by the guy she likes? She normally wouldn’t get so happy over something so trivial, but her brothers had become more of a pain than usual lately and she had been loaded with homework and projects, so her social life had become inexistent over the past month.

She had dressed especially for this occasion; a jet black miniskirt, a present from an aunt that had been gathering dust in the closet since her birthday, a blue tank top, and over that a red Northface windbreaker.

As Kin strode through the park’s walking path, she checked her jacket to make sure that the gift was there constantly; it had taken her hours to actually make the damn thing and she would not lose it only show up at the party empty handed and look like a loser.

Then she spotted him, sitting at the river’s pond, skipping stones and creating ripples across its usually calm surface. Something about him attracted her to him, she didn’t know what, and she hated not knowing something. And so she approached him.

“Who are you?” Kin asked as she stood above the boy’s body, his arms hugging his knees. His body suddenly exploded into motion, causing Kin to jump back into surprise. He sprung up onto his feet and turned around to meet her, grinning ridiculously, hands folded behind his head.

“I’m Naruto, who are you?” he greeted cheerfully, a major put off for the girl.

“What’re you so happy about?” she asked.

“Nothing…I’m not happy about anything,” he sighed as he turned to face the lake.

‘Aw shit, I made the kid depressed,’ thought Kin.

“Why aren’t you off playing action figures or video games with your friends?” asked Kin. “Or whatever crap that little kids do,” she added.

“I’m twelve,” pouted Naruto like a little kid. “And, well, I, don’t really have any…friends,” he confessed as he slumped his shoulders, all traces of his previous happiness completely disappearing from his voice.

“Oh come on, you’ve got at least have one friend,” insisted Kin as she placed her hand on the younger boy’s shoulder. ‘I can’t believe I’m actually touching a twelve year old affectionately. Thank God Zaku and Dosu aren’t here or I’d never live this down.’

“Would I be alone here on my birthday if I did?” he snapped. At that moment, Kin felt that she was the absolute biggest asshole on the face of the earth. And so, to appease her greedy guilt, she did the one thing she was sure would never happen, ever.

“Here,” sighed Kin as she fished a wrapped parcel out of her jacket and handed it to the depressed boy. ‘No no no no no!!! Why the hell are you doing this? It took you five hours to make the goddamned thing!!! Why waste it on a freaking twelve year old?’ Kin’s sense of common sense screamed in her mind. But there was a second voice. It said: ‘this boy needs it more than he does. He reminds you of someone.’ This voice was instinct, and the whisper of that voice was one thousand times more powerful than any amount of screaming her common sense could muster. “Happy birthday.”

She met the ground as she was tackled by the ground by a ferocious hug from the twelve year old.

“Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!” he shouted happily as his grin reappeared. He was shoved off by a more than irritable Kin as she got back onto her feet.

“So much for acting your age,” grumbled Kin as she stood up onto her feet. “C ya kid,” she waved as she resumed walking on the track that ran through the park, and ultimately, to the house of her crush.

“Wait! What’s your name?” he yelled.

“The name’s Kin,” she called back to him, not looking back.

“I can’t believe I’m going to the party empty handed; I’m gonna look like an ass,” she muttered.

--

This is the first part of a miniseries of NaruKin shots.

I know it's not the best...but the idea's been stuck in my head for awhile, inspired by the song "Mix Tape" by Avenue Q.