TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Everything Remains in Memory by baldragnarok16

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Am I dead?”

“No, you’re very much alive.”

“Then where am I?”

“You’re within yourself.”

“That doesn’t make sense.”

“It’s not supposed too.”

“What are you?”

“I am the being that is sealed even deeper within you than the Kyūbi.”

“Then who are you?”

----

“You must have had a reason for doing it,” Sakura insisted. “You would never have sentenced him to death on a whim, Tsunade-shisou.” The two sat within Sakura’s rather large apartment, sipping tea despite the imminent danger ahead of them.

“I knew you would figure it out, Sakura,” Tsunade complimented as she took a sip of, not sake, but of herbal tea. “As you’ve probably guessed, the Council has been trying to kill Naruto by sending him on high classed missions lately. But he seemed to love the dangerous ones and he always managed to come back in one piece, so I’ve had at least some reassurance over the past year or two.

But, two days ago the Council became tired of merely waiting for his death and decided to issue out a double S ranked mission for him; those are only given for executions or suicide missions, and if the ninja that were supposed to complete their mission fail to do so and live, they are to be publicly executed for high treason. They also forced me to assign the task of his execution to his friends, so that he would not suspect anything.

If I did not comply, both Shizune and I would be listed as A-class nukenins, Naruto would be publicly executed, as would all of his living relatives,” explained Tsunade. “I keep trying to convince myself that I did the right thing, but the fact that I was the one that insured his death, and by his own friends for that fact, still hangs over my head,” confessed Tsunade, somehow keeping a composed appearance as she took a sip of the refreshing tea. Sakura appeared blindsisded by her sensei’s explanation.

“Wait, Naruto has living relatives?” Sakura asked. “I thought he was an orphan.”

“No, he still has living relatives: a mother and a younger brother,” Tsunade revealed, causing Sakura to gag on her tea.

“And they let him live the life of an orphan even though they were alive? He could’ve grown up at least somewhat normally! Then, maybe, maybe he could’ve been able to achieve his dreams!” angrily yelled Sakura, accidentally knocking over her teacup.

“How can they love someone they believe to be dead?” Tsunade asked.

“You mean…you’ve never told them?” asked Sakura.

“No, it was requested in the Sandaime’s will that Naruto’s heritage be kept secret. In fact, I am the only one who knows who exactly his parents are, although Jirayia and Kakashi probably have guessed already,” explained Tsunade.

“Why though? Why keep such things away from him? He could’ve been happy…maybe he wouldn’t have become such a loudmouthed idiot. Maybe…maybe…”

“It’s no use to dwell on what could have happened,” Tsunade said. “But his heritage could not be revealed because what is sealed within him.”

“You mean the Kyūbi?” Sakura asked, not seeing how the fact that he had the Kyūbi sealed within him could affect such a drastic issue.

“No, Sakura, not because of the Kyūbi. There is something else sealed within him. Something that, if it was revealed that it was sealed within Naruto, would have had not only our Council and our own village attempting to kill him, but foreign countries as well.”

“What is it? What could possibly have that much effect on Naruto’s wellbeing?” Sakura inquired.

“It’s more of a matter of whom, than what.”

---

“My name is Kazama Arashi; however you would know me as the Yondaime Hokage.”

“You…you were the one that sealed the furball in me! You ruined my life!”

“We can talk about that later, Naruto, but right now you need my assistance.”

“Why would I even want your help after what you did to me?”

“To save your friends, your village, everything.”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you think that the Kyūbi will just leave here without finishing what it came to do?”

“No…”

“Then you need to choose what is more important: your pride or your friends.”

“What do you need to do?”

“I need you to perform the following handseals: dog, ram, snake, dragon, ram, rat, snake, rooster, tiger, boar, rooster, dragon, ox, snake, rat, boar, monkey, tiger, snake, rat, dog, dragon, rooster, dog, monkey, snake, ram, monkey, ox, rat, dog, monkey, tiger, boar, and then dog. Then place your left hand in front of you.”

“What jutsu is it? It must be pretty damn strong if there are so many seals.”

“It’s a jutsu who’s results are entirely opposite to the Hokage Shiki Jijun Jutsu: Kakuan Nitten Suishu (Hokage-Style Sixty-year-old Technique: Enclosed Hermitage Return to Society), forcing a transmutation

“So you want me to transmutate with the Kyūbi?”

“No, you would be transmuting with me. Once that happens, I would be able to permanently seal the Kyūbi.”


“Hell no! You may be a Hokage, but I am not sharing a body with you!”

“Your life and the life of your loved ones, or your pride. Damoclese’s Sword is hanging above your head Naruto. Now decide.”

---

“Damn it,” groaned Sasuke as he struggled to stay on his own two feet, cuts and bruises mottling his entire body.

“Tch, I would’ve expected at least a little more from the supposed Uchiha prodigy,” sneered the Kyūbi as it licked the blood from its lips. Over the past minute, it had not only put four of the five team members in potentially fatal conditions, but it had begun to change.

Its hair began to turn a brownish red color, like that of dried blood, its eyes had transformed into red animalistic slits, it had started to develop fangs and claws, and it started to grow, now standing at about six feet tall with three tails, its body impossibly muscular.

“I won’t let you live after what you did,” Sasuke said as the Sharingan whirled furiously.

“Oh, and what was that?” the Kyūbi asked uninterestedly.

“You made my Naruto’s life a living hell. You made him live a life of loneliness and disappointment. I will make sure that you die, kitsune yōkai,” spat Sasuke.

“Oh, trust me, it didn’t take that much to drive him over the edge sometimes. You and your perfect little village did most of the work for me; all I had to do was nudge him a bit and everything would collapse. In fact, thanks to you especially, Sasuke, I was able to lower his emotional self-esteem and guard, and it just made it that much easier to seize control of this body,” it boasted as it maliciously grinned.

“You bastard,” growled Sasuke. “Im going to kill you!” he yelled as he charged the demon fox with his sword, slashing wildly and missing each time.

“Foolish boy, you stand no chance of even hitting me if you could not even kill your older brother,” the Kyūbi taunted as it dodged yet another of Sasuke’s slashes.

“Shut up!” he roared as he slashed once again at the Kyūbi, this time the sword was caught by the demon and was snapped into two pieces.

“You’re beginning to bore me,” darkly said the fox. “I don’t like being bored.”

Sasuke quickly formed the seals for the raikiri and charged the fox, but this time connecting to the fox’s stomach, impaling it.

“Got you,” sneered Sasuke. The Kyūbi grimaced in response and forcefully pulled the shinobi’s arm from his abdomen. He then went on the offensive and began slashing at the Uchiha with his claws; each slash was deadly accurate, and the only way that Sasuke could avoid being killed was either by dodging constantly or constantly performing kawarimi (body replacement). Soon, Sasuke was drenched in sweat and exhausted, while the Kyūbi’s raikiri wound had almost completely healed and it had not even broken a sweat.

“Do you still believe that you can kill me? If so then you are…” Kyūbi began to ask, but was interrupted as he suddenly vomited a large quantity of blood onto the ground. “What the hell?”

Sasuke grinned devilishly at the recent events.

“It seems as if it’s finally entered your system,” Sasuke stated.

“The hell did you do to me?” the Kyūbi groaned, a dark look plastered on its face.

“Before we left, I slipped some poison into Naruto’s canteen in case we couldn’t finish him ourselves. It’s undetectable by any means and slowly eats away at a person’s organs and destroys blood cells, and when it finally does activate, it’s so far within a person’s system that the immune system has no protection other than consistently vomiting the infected blood,” explained Sasuke.

“You fucking little brat; I was going to kill you quickly, but now I’ll make sure that you suffer,” darkly threatened the Kyūbi as it vomited yet more blood.

Sasuke took this opportunity to draw the second of three swords in his possession and charged, piercing the demon in the shoulder blade, and followed it up with a chidori nagashi (one thousand birds current).

“Who doesn’t stand a chance now?” sneered Sasuke as the demon looked at him with a gaze of utter contempt.

“You forget something, Uchiha brat; my immune system is different than that of a human’s,” said the Kyūbi as he gripped Sasuke’s throat in his hand. Sasuke started to gasp for breath as his windpipe was slowly being crushed and the Kyūbi’s claws were drawing blood from his neck.

---

“So Naruto actually has the Yondaime’s soul trapped within his own?” Sakura asked.

“Apparently so,” affirmed the Hokage. “And other villages, especially Iwa, would jump at the chance to kill anyone linked to him. Even Kakashi as had to fight off numerous assassination attempts over the past twenty or so years. Even our own village would jump at the chance for a justified reason for killing Naruto, especially if it meant that the Yondaime’s soul could rest peacefully,” explained Tsunade.

“How exactly did that happen; Yondaime being sealed in Naruto I mean?” inquired Sakura.

“I don’t know for sure, but I’m sure that Jirayia has some kind of theory on it,” Tsunade said. A knock on the door interrupted their conversation, however. Sakura rose to answer the door, only to find an ANBU at her door.

“Is Hokage-sama present?” the ANBU asked.

“What do you want?” Tsunade snapped.

“Hyūga Hanabi, Hyūga Hinata, and Rock Lee have just been witnessed heading towards the source of the manifestation of Kyūbi’s chakra,” reported the ANBU.

“Why didn’t you stop them?” demanded the irate woman.

“We were advised by Hyūga-sama to allow them passage,” confessed the ANBU.

“Send a team out to intercept them,” barked Tsunade.

“Yes Hokage-sama,” complied the ANBU as he disappeared.

“Sakura.”

“Yes, Tsuande-shisou?”

“I want you to follow them, make sure that no one gets hurt,” ordered Tsunade.

“Yes, I understand,” gravely answered Sakura as she immediately left her house, having been already suited up for a mission.

“What has the world come to, having to send out children to do an adult’s job?” muttered Tsunade to herself as she left the pink haired kunoichi’s apartment to return to the Hokage’s Office, where she would be needed the most.

---

“Hinata-san, are you sure that the Kyūbi’s chakra is this way?” asked Lee as the three ninja jumped from tree branch to tree branch.

“I’m positive Lee-san, I’ve never felt anything like this before,” Hinata answered. Hanabi stayed quiet however, because if she attempted to say anything, the only thing that would come out was empty convictions and accusations.

After several minutes of running, Hanabi finally spoke up.

“It seems as if we’re being followed,” Hanabi stated, “By a standard ANBU squad plus one.”

“Sakura-chan,” Hinata whispered.

“Ah; it is my Sakura-san that is following us? It is too dangerous for her to follow us; I’ll stay behind and make sure she doesn’t follow us,” Lee insisted.

“Lee-san, Sakura-san is an accomplished med-nin who is known throughout the country; I doubt that she would fare any worse than I,” Hanabi retorted.

“Yes, but,” stammered Lee.

“I can take care of myself Lee,” stated Sakura, who seemed to magically appear behind them.

“Ah, Sakura-san; it is too dangerous for you; you must go back!” Lee insisted.

“No...as Hanabi said, I’d be perfectly fine,” retorted Sakura. Lee merely sighed in submission.

“And we should start pumping more chakra; the ANBU are advancing much more quickly now that Sakura-chan caught up to us,” Hinata suggested.

After a minute or two more of running, a large chakra pulse caused all of the ninja in the surrounding area to cease moving.

“What…was that?” Sakura asked.

“It…it was…Naruto-kun…” Hinata stuttered. She then broke off into a headlong sprint, leaving the ANBU squad and her three companions behind.

“Let’s go,” Sakura insisted, both Lee and Hanabi immediately responding.

‘Onee-san…’ thought Hanabi wistfully.

---

The Kyūbi grinned maliciously as it tightened its grip ever so slightly on Sasuke’s throat, causing him to gag and wheeze.

“Now die,” spat the Kyūbi as it was about to finish off Sasuke. But before it could do so, it started to spasm, and dropped him to the ground. The Kyūbi then started to claw at itself, screaming. “No no no no no! What the hell is happening?”

A bright light then enveloped its body as two voices could be heard yelling; one voice, the boisterous, obnoxious voice of Uzumaki Naruto, while the other was a deeper, more mature version of Naruto’s.

“Disintegrating Demon Consummation Seal: Heavenly Release! (No way in hell do I know how to translate this)”

A large pulse of chakra then emanated from the demon’s body as it began to revert back to Naruto’s original form, shrinking, claws, fangs, and tails retracting, and hair and eyes turning back into their original colors. Naruto then fell onto the surface of the forest, naked and unconscious.

“Dobe,” wheezed Sasuke, hardly able to catch his breath. “Even death itself can’t stop you.” He began to succumb to the lightheadedness that began to creep into his body. The last thing he noticed before falling unconscious was the fact that the whisker marks that adorned Naruto’s face had mysteriously disappeared.

----

Hinata only barely kept herself from vomiting at the sight in front of her; the bloodied bodies of her comrades strewn about the forest floor. And then she saw him; Naruto. She rushed over to his side and gasped at the sight of him. Large cuts and slash marks, and bruises adorned his naked body, which caused Hinata to blush slightly as she began using medical ninjutsu to diagnose his status, and gasped when she found his internal organs being eaten away by poison. She immediately began using several high class medical jutsu in conjunction with each other to try to draw it out.

“Don’t die Naruto-kun…don’t die,” sobbed Hinata as she worked diligently to rid Naruto’s body of the invading agent. But it wouldn’t come out. “No…” she whispered. “No…no...Naruto-kun don’t die!” she screamed as she pushed all of her chakra into drawing the poison out.

“Hinata-chan…please…let me,” suggested Sakura, who had just arrived at the scene.

“No! Let me save Naruto-kun!” screamed Hinata as she violently shoved Sakura’s hand of her shoulder.

Sakura, not one to waste any time, immediately began to work on Sasuke, who seemed to be in the most danger of dieing.

“Hanabi, Lee!” snapped Sakura, her leadership abilities immediately kicking in. “Go tell the ANBU that Shizune, Tsunade, Shigure, Shiina, and Keiichi are needed her immediately if any of them are to live,” ordered Sakura. Hanabi and Lee immediately sprung into action, heading back to the squad of ANBU to deliver their message.

“I’ve never seen you like this onee-san…why are you so insistent on saving him?’ Hanabi asked herself as the two of them met the ANBU and delivered their message.

“Hinata…chan…is that you?” Naruto asked with a great amount of difficulty.

“Yes…yes…Naruto-kun…it’s me…Hinata,” cried Hinata.

“It’s dead…Hinata-chan…the Kyūbi is dead,” muttered Naruto before once again falling into unconsciousness.

---

I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing though.