TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Zodiac Viruses by BasicallyAnIdiot

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This will go for the entire fic, I’m getting to tried of typing this: I BasicallyAnIdiot do not own Naruto +company, merchandise, games, and anything else that belongs to Masashi Kishimoto. I am borrowing Naruto + company for the purpose of this story. Meaning: I am not doing anything illegal, so back off lawyers!
Zodiac Viruses- chapter 1- I Hate Hackers- launching program...

Sasuke sighed and rubbed his temples as a black and red horse pranced smugly across the now-blank screen. They had gotten there too late.

“I hate hackers.” He muttered darkly as he checked to see if there was anything left on the computer. A useless act, as he already knew there wouldn’t be.

“Sasuke, lets get going. There’s nothing we can do here and we have school tomorrow.” Sakura, his partner, said softly. Sasuke sighed again and stood up to follow her. She was right, there was never anything they could do.

He hated it.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The figure sat alone, the darkness of the room hiding his features. In front of him, a computer screen flickered, as the files were stored safely away.

“That was too close.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Another dead-end?” His brother asked softly at breakfast the next morning. Sasuke looked up from his cereal to meet Itachi’s penetrating gaze. That gaze made most people uneasy, but after fourteen years Sasuke was immune.

“Yes, big surprise there. Why do they have to be so organized?” He asked frustratedly, throwing his hands up in the air. This succeeded in splashing both Sasuke and Itachi with milk and cereal from the spoon still in the younger brother’s hand. Itachi raised an eyebrow as he elegantly (everything the elder Uchiha did was elegant) plucked a cheerio from his brow. Sasuke smiled apologetically. “Seriously, what happened to the criminal organizations that didn’t know how to cover their own tracks?”

“They all got arrested.” Itachi answered dryly. Sasuke glared at him.

“It was a rhetorical question.”

“I know.”

Sasuke rolled his eyes at his brother’s irritating sense of humor. “And the animals are just annoying. I mean one of the viruses actually melted the inside of the computer and still managed to make a rabbit hop across the screen!”

Itachi sat down across from his brother, cup of coffee now in hand. “Are there really thirteen hackers? Seem like an ominous number to me.”

Sasuke shook his head. “There’s thirteen viruses, one for each zodiac animal including the cat, but that doesn’t mean there’s thirteen people. There could be one or one hundred for all we know!”

Itachi smiled at this. When Sasuke looked at him curiously he explained. “This is why I don’t do police work, little brother.”

“Che, if you were on the case we’d probably have the whole thing wrapped up by now.”

“I’m a genius, not a miracle worker.”

Sasuke sighed. “I know. At least we know one thing.”

“And what’s that?”

“However many hackers there are, they’re all still in school. Why else would they never attack during school hours.”

“Interesting.” Itachi’s tone got serious then. “Be careful out there, Sasuke. If you’re not, you could find yourself in a lot of trouble. Hackers can be dangerous.”

“I know. I’ll be careful.” Sasuke appreciated his brother’s concern. Itachi had made it clear he’d rather his brother not be on a case like this, but a job was a job and Sasuke wasn’t a kid anymore.

Itachi smiled then, and poked him on the forehead as he got up. “Good. Now get ready for school or you’ll be late.”

Sasuke scowled and rubbed his head. “Stop doing that!” He protested.

“You never minded when you were little.’

“That was a long time ago. I’m grown up now.” Despite his protests, Sasuke was laughing lightly. Itachi just smirked.

Make sure his brother was otherwise occupied, Itachi headed up to his room to make an impromptu phone call.

“Hello, un.” The voice on the other line answered tiredly.

“... You aren’t even out of bed yet, are you?” Itachi stated resignedly. “School starts in fifteen minutes.”

“I know. I’ll get there, un. What do you want?”

“I’m running out of supplies, what do you think of any outing to get more. We could all go.”

“Sounds good, un. I’ll tell the others.”

“You do that. We’ll go to the usual place.” He hung up without waiting for a reply. Grabbing the keys from the kitchen counter, he headed for the front door where Sasuke was waiting.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sasuke sat in the back of the class, early as usual, and looked over the students in the classroom. Ino and Sakura were giggling with a group of girls. Shikamaru was explaining something to Chouji, who was munching on his ever-present bag of chips. Naruto was copying Hinata’s homework while the Hyuuga heir just sighed. Kiba and Shino were in a corner plotting revenge on Naruto for the ‘dying Akamaru pink’ prank. Or, Kiba was plotting Shino was just sitting there.

All was normal.

Sasuke caught Sakura’s eye as she chatted with her friends with her friends. She nodded that all was well. Sakura may, in the most respects, be an ordinary girl, but was very good at her job. Since the police had figured out that the hackers were still in school they had recruited all child-cops they had (usually children of the police who were following in their parents footsteps) to scour the schools.

They were targeting the most likely suspects first. That is, the smart kids. Shikamaru and Neji were on the top of the list; even though Shikamaru got barely-passing marks most people knew he was a genius. Sakura had also suggested that the dog sign would suit Kiba well. It was worth a try.

All talking stopped as Iruka, their English teacher, walked into the room. He surveyed the room critically.

“Alright. Classes are now starting. Everyone who’s supposed to be somewhere else leave. NOW!”

Ino, Chouji, Naruto and Kiba bolted form the room. Iruka was scary when he was angry. Sasuke sighed inwardly and settled down for another uneventful class.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That night, Itachi made sure Sasuke was fast asleep before grabbing a coat against the night chill and slipping quietly out the door. He got in his car and drove to a small restaurant at the edge of town.

Sasori answered the door, washcloth in hand. “We’re closed.” He muttered in usual monotone.

“All I want is some pocky.” Itachi gave him what would have been a pleading look if it was anyone other than him. As it was, Itachi didn’t do pleading looks.

Sasori rolled his eyes with the air of someone who had done this many times before. “There’s some in the back. Come on.” The redhead then led the way into the storeroom. Once there, though, he pushed several hidden buttons in a specific pattern, opening a door on the far wall.

As soon as the door closed behind them Sasori bowled over by a black-haired, purple-eyed teenager. When the smoke settled, Anko was sitting on Sasori’s back, looking very put out about something.

Lifting his face from the floor, Sasori attempted to look up at his girlfriend. “Anko, would you please get off me?” He had learned early to be polite when making requests of her.

“Not until you give me the dango.”

“What dango.” Stupid answer. Sasori rubbed the spot where Anko had just hit him on.

“The pocky in your pockets, idiot. You should know better than to try and sneak dango past me.”

Itachi smirked at Sasori’s predicament. The scene was interrupted by Kisame clearing his throat from his spot in front of the twenty-five computers furnishing the room.

“What?”

“The brats are going to be here any minute. We should get down to business.” He pulled out a set of instructions from their employer. “Moor Inc. has a new security system that could be trouble. Itachi, you need to copy the program. Anko will cover your tracks while I destroy the original.”

Itachi nodded. “So we need Anko. Deidara!”

The blond’s head peaked over the three computers he was working at. “What, un?”

“Go get Anko.”

“Why me, un?”

“Because she likes you.” Which was true, so Anko would be less inclined to hurt him when he disturbed her from her favorite pastime: eating dango.

That didn’t stop her from sending him away crying as she walked over. “What do you want?”

“I need to copy some security program, cover me.” Itachi sat in front of four computers, booting them up.

Anko sat down in front of three computers, loading her program on all three. Behind her, Sasori leaning on her chair, watching her work. The three hackers worked at lightning speeds, typing almost inhumanly fast.

“Beginning operation ‘Sharingan’.” Itachi’s voice took on a professional tone.

“ ‘Snakes + Ladders’ ready to go.”

“ ‘Shredder’ on stand by.”

“Alright lets do this.” Itachi said, activating his virus nicknamed ‘Sharingan’.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Great. Just great.” Tenten remarked as she saw the security program they had worked so hard to design disintegrate before her eyes.

“No, really?” Asuma replied sarcastically. “For a bunch of criminals they have exceptional teamwork. The rat, snake and ox worked in perfect unison.” He shook his head disbelievingly.

On the screen, the black and red rat smirked at them, the ox seemingly laughing. The snake was a bit confusing, as it was sitting on the cat. This was odd, because the cat hadn’t done anything.

“So... who tells Sasuke?”

“Rock, paper, scissors?”

“Sounds good. You got your life insurance paid?”

“Yup. You?”

“Of course.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone looked at Anko, who was grinning evilly. It would seem she hadn’t quite forgiven Sasori for the dango incident yet.

At this time the rest of the team showed up. Itachi wasted no time turning his formidable glare onto the newcomers. Without waiting for excuses, he immediately launched into a full-blown speech about the importance of being on time.

The hapless audience turned desperately to the older members for help. Vainly, of course, because the older members weren’t stupid enough to go against Itachi.

Fifteen minutes later everyone had settled down and the meeting could begin. The twelve (one member had a legitimate excuse for not being there) hackers sat around a large round table, with Itachi, being the unofficial ‘leader’ of the group, at the head. He promptly went into his ‘meeting mode’ and got straight to the point.

“I have called you all here to discuss a very important matter. It has come to my attention that the police are cracking down on us. They know we’re still in school and they’ve recruited many undercover agents to flush us out. We have to be careful at all times. Keep to your covers; don’t associate with anyone from the group other than your partners. Sasuke’s in charge, and he’s not an idiot. One slip up and he’ll be on us. I’ll try to find out who are the undercover agents. I’ve sent a report to-“

The bomb Deidara had been fiddling around with suddenly went off. Nobody was hurt because they knew to stay ten feet away from him when he was playing with explosives and Deidara was immune for some reason.

“- telling him about it. We’ll have an escape route ready incase we’re found out. Now, on a more important note, who ate the last of the pocky?”

Zodiac Viruses- chapter 1- I Hate Hackers- ending program...

The

Zodiac

Viruses

And

Police

List

Hackers
Rat- Itachi- Age-16-Program- Sharingan

Ox- Kisame- Age- 18 Program- Shedder

Tiger-? Age-? Program-?

Rabbit-? Age-? Program-?

Dragon-? Age-? Program-?

Snake- Anko Age- 17 Program- Snakes + Ladders

Horse-? Age-? Program-?

Sheep-? Age-? Program-?

Monkey-? Age-? Program-?

Rooster-? Age-? Program-?

Dog-? Age-? Program-?

Boar-? Age-? Program-?

Cat- Sasori Age- 18 Program- ?

Police
Captain: Sasuke- age- 14 Partner- Sakura

Sakura- age 14, Partner- Sasuke

Tenten- age 15, Partner- Asuma

Asuma- age- 28, Partner- Tenten

Volia! That is TZVAPL. The information will change as the fic goes on (and in the Hackers area more information will be given).