TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Being the puppeteers assistant by naomi_sama

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer- You know what I own and what I don't own.
"Living in a village where it's been know for its great ninjas is hard, especially when you have no skill or talent. My goal is to find someone to aid and in return be protected."

--------Atsushi----------

"Throw harder!" a man ordered taking a kunai from his side and throwing it at a girl. She quickly blocked it but was hit in the shoulder by another attack. "You are a failure as a ninja. Is that why you don''t continue to be a part of this team?" the man questioned hitting the girl square in the arm with his kunai. "Go home Atsushi, I'm done teaching someone who refuses to learn." He threw a shuriken cutting the tie that held her long, sandy hair in a ponytail, making it fall to her face.
"But Sensei-" Atsushi was interrupted by a growl from her teacher.
"You are not going to the Chuunin exam!" he paused getting back to a serious pose. "Your team has already been sent to Konoha to prepare. Thanks to your decision we had to make changes! You are here to get stronger without us. Now go train alone or quit being a ninja!" Atsushi stood holding her arm and hanging her head. Her Sensei walked off leaving her alone in the desert.
"I have failed," she weakly mumbled falling to her knees. Her light colored hair covering her face, "I knew I should have never became a ninja. If I haven''t maybe I could have stayed with my mother." Atsushi looked up at the sky with annoyance and disappointment in her eyes instead of sadness. "WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SO WEAK!"
The sand swirled around her as Atsushi's Chakra level rapidly increased. "The weak never live in this world! I'm not weak! I may not have skill but I'm not weak!" the sand shifted away from her as she felt the temperature rise around her. "Feel the daughter of the Amaterasu's power!" the sun beamed directly on Atsushi as everything started to turn hazy to her. ""I chose this, it''s my decision,"" she stood panting with a smirk before falling over in the sand.

-----Kankurou-----

Kankurou walked through the desert with his puppet on his back. "A good training session should be a nice work out today." He smirked unraveling the wrap around his puppet. The brown humanoid figure stood with its three eyes looking in every direction. "So to what weapons I need to add." He smirked once again he was about to move his puppet when the wind picked up sending sand directly in his direction. "What the hell! Gaara is probably doing this!"
Kankurou walked over to where the sand was coming from. He quickly covered his eyes hoping it would go away but what he heard surprised him. He heard a female voice yelling, "Feel the daughter of Amaterasu's power," before the light gave up. The temperature around him risen almost ten degrees and in a desert wearing all black you know it's hot. Standing after everything was over Kankurou looked in the direction where the light was coming. Lying in the sand was a girl, "she is probably the one I heard," he assumed walking down to the figure.
This girl was unconscious, no doubt about that, besides who would be stupid enough to fall asleep in a desert? "What should I do?" Kankurou sighed annoyed. He was about to walk away when out of the corner of his eye he saw the shine of a head protector. Taking a closer look he saw it was not a head protector but shoulder band with the symbol of sand.
"Who would leave a ninja of their own village out here?" Kankurou questioned wrapping up his puppet and putting it back on his back. "I can't just leave her here, she will die." He let out a sigh and picked the girl in his arms, "for a ninja she is really light."
Walking through the desert to his home he passed a sand Jonin he looked at the girl in his arms with disgust. "You best stay away from her, she isn't a very good ninja."
"That's your option," Kankurou smirked, "and I don't care to hear anymore of what you have to say." The Jonin walked away annoyed at Kankurou's remark, him being the son of the previous Kazekage, the Jonin wasn't allowed to say anything.
"She can't be that much of a failure, she hit me with sand," Kankurou thought walking into his house.
"Kankurou who is that?" A blonde asked looking at her brother confused. "Looks like you find a Genin of the sand."
"She was left in the desert. It's only appropriate to take her in," Kankurou stated going up stairs to a bedroom. He opened the door and set the girl on a bed and walked out of the room. "Temari what do we have to eat in this house?"
"I can make something," Temari suggested from the kitchen but a look of fear came across Kankurou's face.
"No go take care of that girl," he ordered walking out of the house.
"And what are you going to do?" his sister questioned annoyed at the new responsibility. Being the younger sister she was always stuck with what he didnt want to do.
"I have things to take care of," was all Kankurou stated before leaving the house. Temari growled and mumbled something to herself before going back to the kitchen.
"That girl isn't a Ninja, a true ninja of the sand anyway," Kankurou paused looking out into the desert. "Someone must have been training her as a ninja for some reason." Kankurou stopped thinking and made his puppet expose all it's weapons. "Maybe. She doesn't even look like she is strong enough to open a jar nonetheless create that massive power I felt before. I'll keep her around, she could be useful."

-----Temari----

Temari walked into Kankurou's room where he left the girl, "wonder what happened to her?" Temari asked herself looking at the girls shoulder. It was bleeding pretty badly through her ripped, black, T-shirt. Temari wrapped the girl's shoulder and looked at the silver band above her wound. "What kind of head protector is this?" She unattached it and held it in her hands, "it says Sand but it isn't real."
Temari put a cold cloth on the girls head and neck, "she should know not to fall asleep in the desert." The girl's eyes opened a little as Temari dabbed her face with a cloth.
"Where am I?" the girl weakly mumbled.
"In Sunagakure," Temari informed before the girl's eyes went closed again.
"Thanks," was the last thing Temari hard before the girl went unconscious again.
"She is alive, and unconscious," Temari concluded standing bored with the silver band in her hand. "Wonder what this means, might as well go see if she has any ninja record."

----Atsushi----

"She is still asleep," a male voice asked from another room.
"She hasn't woken up yet. Her Chakra level was really low didn't you feel it?" a familiar girl's voice answered. Atsushi slowly opened her eyes, blinking and realizing her surroundings.
"How did I get here?" she asked herself sitting up and making a cloth fall off her head onto her lap. She picked it up starring at it for a few seconds before gently setting it down on the ground.
"When will she wake up? I need to tell the Kazekage," the male voice growled annoyed at something.
"When ever she wakes up, healing is something that can't be rushed with Chakra," the girl voice replied. Atsushi walked to the door still a little queasy and almost tripped into the doorframe. She was about to fall when the door slid open and someone caught her. Atsushi looked up really embarrassed to see a guy with dark brown spiky hair holding her.
"Looks like she's awake," he mumbled helping her stand. Atsushi stood still and really nervous, were these people her friends or enemies?
"You still look like you are low on Chakra, you should sit down," the girl next to him motioned to the bed. Her hair was spiky blonde and in four ponytails behind her head. Her dark blue eyes looked kind but yet still confusing Atsushi. The girl pulled up a chair from the corner while the guy stood looking Atsushi sitting on her bed.
"What is your name?" the boy asked in a harsh tone. Atsushi started shocked at his stiffness until the girl butted in.
"Don't mind him so much he is just miserable," she informed hitting the guy in the shoulder. "What is your name?"
"Atsushi," she simply responded looking down at her hands.
"Was there a reason you were out in the desert all by yourself?" the guy asked making Atsushi look up shaking her head no.
"I was training with my Sensei, but he left me there because I was too weak," she mumbled with a hint of anger.
"Too weak? How are you to weak?" the girl asked confused.
"I couldn't hit him, I got tripped up in his attack and couldn't dodge anymore so he hit me with all he had." Atsushi paused looking back down at her hands. "I know why he did it, I decided not to go with my team to the Chuunin exam."
"Why didn't you want to go?" the guy asked confused. "You could become a higher level ninja."
"I had no reason to go," she informed looking up again, "Taking the exam would have been waste of time for me."
"Well do you have a place to stay?" the girl asked getting a no from Atsushi.
"Great you can stay with us," the guy stated walking out of the room. Both girls blinked looking over at him, "I'm the oldest and the one who rescued you, since you have no Sensei, and my father is the Kazekage I say you can stay here and train with us."
"Kankurou isn't that a bit fast?" the girl gasped at his quick response.
"No she needs to get training if she wants to become stronger than she is now," the boy replied walking out of the room.
"I don't-" Atsushi was interrupted by the girl.
"Congratulations you get to stay with us!" she chuckled. "You are the first person I think we have ever had stay at our house with my brothers approval."
"Your brother?" Atsushi understood now. "I passed inspection? Like a weapon?"
"No, you have proved yourself to him somehow, it doesn't matter. He will probably treat you as if you were a servant or something but it should get better."
"Servant? I'm a ninja not a servant," Atsushi stated annoyed. "I am gracious for you letting me stay but I will not be treated like a servant."
"Well I didn't expect a response like that," the girl chuckled more. "You and I are going to be good friends, either that or we will be strict rivals."
"You can be both, we are the same age," Atsushi smiled feeling her arm. "Did you wrap my wound?"
"Yes you were bleeding pretty bad, it also looked poisoned, was your Sensei trying to kill you?" the girl asked. Atsushi just shrugged and looked over at the dresser, "Oh your head band thing is really strange, I took it off do you mind?"
"No you can keep it," she replied.
"Silly me, my name is Temari and my brother was Kankurou, my younger brother is Gaara but I doubt that you will see him." Temari stood putting the chair away. "Get some sleep Kankurou will probably take you on a mission with him tomorrow."
"Really?" Atsushi blinked shocked at how fast she was given a mission. "What do I need?"
"Nothing just your weapons," Temari smiled walking to the door. "If you need anything just call. Temari walked out the door but stuck her head back in, "If you see a red headed boy stay away from him, that's Gaara. He may kill you so don't get in his path."
"Thanks," Atsushi nodded lying back in bed. "Someone who can kill me, not something that is comforting."

-----Temari----

"Kankurou what are you going to do with that girl?" Temari asked her brother once she reached the bottom of the stairs. "Hello!" she growled tired of being ignored.
"She needs someone to teach her, which can be me, someone to show her what being a ninja really is. She can also help me on single mission the Kazekage gives me," Kankurou advised looking away.
"Atsushi is the same age as me and you are going to treat her like a sidekick?" Temari yelled amazed at her brother's stupidity.
"She has nowhere to go, and I don't want her with that imposter Jonin she called a Sensei. He may kill her and give us a bad name." Kankurou defended himself. "You don't want to see her dead either you bonded."
"I just think Atsushi should be treated as an equal, not a side-kick," Temari stated/
"What are you two talking about?" a voice asked walking into the room. It was a man with brown spiky hair like Kankurou's.
"Kankurou found a girl in the desert," Temari smirked getting a glare from Kankurou.
"You brought her HOME!" the man screamed looking at the kids.
"But father she is going to help make the village stronger," Kankurou explained. "She has a strange power and can control heat. That will make the village's name stronger."
"Fine she can stay," their father mumbled walking away. "But she is your responsibility Kankurou. Do not let her get killed or you will give us a bad name."
"Yes father," Kankurou bowed his head. Once their father was gone Kankurou looked over at Temari, "So she is the same age as you? Fifteen? Only a year younger than me."
"Don't talk about her out loud BAKA!" Temari yelled hitting him over the back of the head.
"So she's your age, I would have guessed," Kankurou chuckled, "she is so tiny."
"She has a name, Atsushi," Temari informed walking away.
"Atsushi," Kankurou repeated out loud, "She will be a great addition to the team."