TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


When The Lilies Cry by x_hailian_x

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: DISCLAIMER: If I owned Naruto, all it would really be was ridiculously stupid little fluffy stories like these. Well, probably not really, but you get my point: I DON'T OWN NARUTO! A/N: Only rated so for language.
For the life of him, Naruto Uzumaki could not, would not, figure out why his two best friends, Sakura Haruno and Sasuke Uchiha, had suddenly become so intimidatingly… well, lovey-dovey was the best word he could come up with. As he stood in the middle of the training ground, watching them spar and laugh and joke and say ridiculously mushy things to each other, he felt a kunai-like stab of jealousy, and scowled.
And so, this was how he completely, totally forgot he was supposed to be sparring with Kakashi until a certain disgusting orange book hit him directly in the face.
With a yelp, he darted down and caught it before it dropped to the ground, then gave a yelp upon seeing the title and flung it back at his sensei as though he had just picked up a particularly disgusting insect or stepped in dog poop. Kakashi smiled behind his mask.
“Good morning, Naruto,” he said cheerfully, though they'd been training for a good three hours. “Nice to see you're awake this lovely day.” Naruto rolled cerulean eyes. “Yeah, yeah,” he muttered, kicking at the dirt and trying not to watch Sasuke tackle Sakura and roll around with her, both hopelessly tangled, laughing hysterically and neither willing to get free. It was sickening, and made Naruto want to throw up. Needless to say, he was jealous.
“Jealous, Naruto?” Kakashi asked, raising a lone eyebrow from his book. “What!?” Naruto began to complain in his trademark ear-piercing fashion. “Of course not!!! WHY WOULD I BE JEALOUS OF SASUKE-TEME!?” “Let me count the reasons,” Kakashi began lazily. “Nevermind,” Naruto cut in. “I'm NOT jealous. I feel kinda sick, Kakashi-sensei. I drank milk last night and it came from my fridge.” “When will you learn?” Kakashi sighed. “No drinking milk that comes from your fridge.” He knew it was a complete lie. Of course he did; it was Kakashi, for crying out loud. He smelled lies and deceit like… like Naruto smelled ramen. Geez.
But today, Kakashi was inclined to be merciful. After all, the newest volume of Icha Icha Paradise had come out today. “Take off and go sleep and shit if you like,” he yawned, training his one eye on the contents of the book. “Oh… Arigatou,” Naruto stammered, confused at the sudden leniency until he saw the Icha Icha Paradise his teacher was reading wasn't one he'd seen before. He sweatdropped. Right. Because of his porn book. “Thanks, Kakashi-sensei, I think I will,” he replied, fake-yawning and stretching.
He proceeded to leave the training grounds, calling a quiet good-bye to Sakura and Sasuke that he doubted they heard. But Sakura, upon seeing his retreating back, stopped wrestling with Sasuke and sat up. “Kakashi-sensei, where's Naruto going?” she asked, wiping some sweaty pink hair from her face. “Yeah, is the dobe sick?” Sasuke asked, pulling himself up by her shoulder. His face was flushed and showed genuine concern. Kakashi felt slightly awkward at the sudden emotions that always appeared on his student's face, but said, without elaborating, “Yup.”
Long silence. “Um,” said Sakura, turning to Sasuke uncertainly. “What does he have?” the Uchiha put in. “He drank milk from his fridge this morning,” was the absent-minded reply. “Eww!” Sakura yelped. “Gross!” Sasuke followed up. Their sensei grunted in agreement, turning a page.

I'm not jealous of Sasuke, Naruto told himself, staring out his window. The sky was steely-grey and full of storm clouds, and though the slightest bit of rain had let to fall the wind had picked up admirably. I think it's good for him to be with Sakura. Let him get some feelings. Learn about little things called emotions from her.
Dammit, though. Why does she have to love him after he ran out on Konoha? I went looking for him; did I get a thank-you from her? Nope. None at all.
Goddammit, what do I have to do to get recognition around here? Kill Orochimaru? Turn gay? Start boycotting ramen?
I am not jealous of Sasuke.
Am I?