TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Of Alchemists and Shinobi: The Broken Law by baldragnarok16

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 2: Naruto's Proposition

There he was, standing in the hallway, his trench coat covering everything except his face. He wore glasses and had long braided hair like Ed, but he was taller and his face was weathered, and he was there, with Ed and Al, his children, for the first time in over ten years he had seen his children, one hating him and the other adoring him. The two argued up a storm before finally Al stormed off to be with his father, the only one with human flesh and bone and was alive in his family other than Ed. The next morning he was in the place where he had been for all of those years; gone without a trace.

Ed woke up panting and sweating, as if it was causing him pain to dream his father had come home, and then left them again. It was pitch dark out, with no moon or stars. This night was the same kind of night when he met Avlin back in Mezzeret.

‘Yes, that was a good time for us,’ thought Ed. ‘That is until…’ Ed just sighed at the memory and remembered a song that the troubadour had taught him and his brother all those years ago. He started to mutter the words to that painful song.

“After school

Walking home
Fresh dirt under my fingernails
And I can smell hot asphalt
Cars screech to a halt to let me pass
And I cannot remember
What life was like through photographs
Trying to recreate images life gives us from our past”

‘It’s harder when you have no photographs and only your memories”

”And sometimes it’s a sad song”

At this point silent tears rolled down Ed’s face as he started to sing louder.

“But I cannot forget
Refuse to regret
So glad I met you
Take my breath away
Make everyday
Worth all of the pain that I have
Gone through
And mama I’ve been cryin’
Cause things ain’t how they used to be
She said the battles almost won
And we’re only several miles from the sun”

‘Avlin, you have no idea how much you assisted us, even for such a short amount of time. You helped us get that much closer to creating the stone, and I can’t thank you enough. And I hope that it wasn’t in vain, not just your sacrifice, but this entire journey.’

“Moving on down the street
I see people I won’t ever meet
Think of her, take a breath
Feel the beat in the rhythm of my steps
And sometimes it’s a sad song”

‘Rose, Winry, I promise I won’t forget you two. I’ll remember you every time I see a flower or mechanical things.’

“But I cannot forget
Refuse to regret
So glad I met you
Take my breath away
Make everyday
Worth all of the pain that I have
Gone through
And mama I’ve been cryin’
Cause things ain’t how they used to be
She said the battles almost won
And we’re only several miles from the sun”

‘I will make sure that we succeed, even if it means dieing in the process.’

“The rhythm of her conversation
The perfection of her creation
The sex she slipped into my coffee
The way she felt when she first saw me
Hate to love and love to hate her
Like a broken record player
Back and forth and here and gone
And on and on and on and on

‘Sloth, I will kill you, whether you look like my mom or not, because you’re a heartless beast who would do anything to get what you want.’

“But I cannot forget
Refuse to regret
So glad I met you
Take my breath away
Make everyday
Worth all of the pain that I have
Gone through
And mama I’ve been cryin’
Cause things ain’t how they used to be
She said the battles almost won
And we’re only several miles from the sun”

“She said the battles almost won
And we’re only several miles from the sun”

Tears were pouring down on Ed as memories bombarded him with their harshness and kindness, their gain and their lost, their equivalent exchange.

Unbeknownst to Ed, someone was watching him from a tree near the window of Ed’s room, and he was crying right along with him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ed was woken awake rudely by the nurse from yesterday at around dawn. She was shaking him to make him wake up.
“Just two more minutes? Please?” begged a half-asleep Edward.

“We don’t have two minutes! You’re meeting with the Hokage in fifteen minutes!” shouted the nurse. She was trying to undress him and fit him into a pair of clothes.

“Woah, lady! I appreciate you help and all, but what are you doing?” asked Edward now slightly afraid of this woman.

“Getting you dressed. Now get these on!” she commanded. She threw him a pair of undergarments and a pair of long baggy dress-like pants. “Don’t complain about the pants, you’ll thank me later.”

“Can I at least have some privacy?” exasperatedly asked Ed.

“Fine,” the nurse sharply replied. She turned ninety degrees to the left and waited for Ed to finish putting on his pants. “But the Kokage said he’d send someone to fetch you so finish up quickly.

Ed ignored her last words as he rushed to undress and then redress his bottom half. However, as he was in the process of slipping them on, Naruto burst into the room.

“Elric, the Hokage sent me to…” Naruto trailed off as he realized that Ed was half naked and the two of them just stood there staring at each other. There was a huge stress mark on Ed’s forehead and Naruto’s eye started twitching.

“Stop staring at me!” screamed Ed.

“What’s going on?” inquired the nurse, who was still facing the wall.

“The Hokage sent me to get Elric but it seems that he’s not ready yet,” stated Naruto, who started to slowly edge out of the room. “I’ll just be waiting out here.”

Now once again with his privacy, Ed finished getting dressed. He was wearing his now medium length golden hair naturally, the pair of black dress pants and a black sleeveless shirt over a navy blue long sleeved shirt. He then slipped on his red jacket, which somehow shrunk around five sizes, yet it still fit perfectly on him.

“What’s taking so long Elric?” anxiously asked the boy.

“I’m done and stop calling me Elric!” shouted Ed.

Naruto ignored his last comment and led him to the Hokage tower. When they approached the Hokage’s office, the double doors were closed. Naruto knocked loudly on the door and shouted

“Old Man Hokage, I brought Elric Edward just like you said!” very annoyingly and snickered after saying the word “Edward.”

The doors opened almost magically, until, that is, they both saw a man wearing a strange outfit with a scar on his nose in the doorway.

“Naruto, how many times have I told you to treat your elders with respect!” shouted the young man.

“Sorry Iruka-sensei,” mumbled Naruto apologetically.

“You are Elric Edward?” inquired Iruka.

“Yes, I am,” answered the boy.

“Sit down over here,” he commanded. He pointed to a seat in front of a desk against the wall on the opposite side of the room. “The Hokage will be back shortly. Naruto, you are to wait outside and escort him to his living quarters, or the gates depending on what the two agree too.

“Hai,” responded Naruto. That grin was back on his face and Ed just wanted to wipe it off his face.

As Naruto left, Iruka walked next to Ed, who was currently sitting in the chair.

“I’m Umino Iruka,” introduced the man.

“Edward Elric,” likewise responded the boy.

After introducing themselves, a figure walked into the room. It was clothed in a white robe and wore a white and red imperialistic hat with flaps of cloth covering every aspect of his head except for his face, which couldn’t be seen from the angle Ed was sitting at. The figure walked very quickly and reached the desk in around ten seconds, and Ed finally saw its face for the first time. It was that of at least a sixty year old man.

‘Wow, he’s agile for such an old man,’ thought Ed.

“In case you haven’t already guessed, child, I am Sandaime Hokage of this village, Konoha,” introduced the old man. He seemed to have an aura of grandness and respect.

“I am not a child dammit! I’m sixteen years old!” shouted Ed, slamming his right fist onto the table and felt a reverberation go throughout his arm. Ever since the auto-mail surgery, he had never felt any feeling in that arm. He glanced down at his arm and found that it was flesh and bone, not metal.

‘My arm…it’s normal again. It’s not auto-mail! Does that mean that Al is…’ excitedly thought Ed. He had never felt so excited in his life. But he snapped back to reality as he realized that both adults were laughing, at him.

“What’s so funny?” demanded Ed, getting pissed at the behavior of the two grown men.

“You? Sixteen years old?That would be.. like..like… saying Kokage-sama is only twenty years old!” laughed out Iruka.

“Yes, you do only appear to be around Naruto’s age,” chuckled the Hokage.

“And how old would that be?” growled Ed.

“Seven!” laughed out Iruka.

‘Wait, I’m not that short, am I?’ Ed asked himself.

“Do any of you have a full length mirror?” asked Ed.

“Hold on,” replied the old man, still chuckling. He then made some odd signs with his hands and a mirror appeared seemingly out of nowhere next to Ed. He then stood up and all the color drained out of his face as he saw his height.

“I’m…I’m seven years old again,” sputtered the flabbergasted alchemist.

“Why, yes you are. Thank you for finally telling the truth,” thanked Iruka.

Ed just sighed out of frustration.

“So, young man, what village are you from?” asked the Hokage.

“Resembool,” answered Ed.

“Resembool? I’ve never heard of it, is it far away?” further inquired the Hokage.

“I don’t know, I don’t even know how I ended up here,” confessed Ed.

“This is a serious matter indeed,” thought the Hokage out loud. “It seems like you will have to take up residency here since we don’t know where you are from. How skilled are you in the ways of the ninja?”

“Ways of the ninja?” questioned Ed. Disbelief was written all over his face.

“You mean you have never been taught about the ninja code?” asked Iruka, who was also in disbelief.

“Yes,” hesitantly answered Ed.

“Iruka, I want you to hire one of the older, more experienced academy students to tutor Ed while he attends academy with children his own age,” commanded the Sandaime.

“Hai, it will be done Hokage-sama,” answered Iruka sharply.

“Now the only question is of where you will be residing…” stated the Hokage.

The doors burst open as Naruto shouted

“He can stay with me, believe it!”