TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Affair by Houseki

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Cuz I'm shooting these chaps out left and right, thought I'd put out two chaps tonite/this morning.

Disclaimer: Do not own Naruto, Bud Light (Budweiser), Jose' Quervo, Pedigree, Adult Swim, Prince of Tennis, or Harry Potter.

Scary, eh? nfufufu...
Uzumaki Naruto followed me into my quaint little house, and I helped him unload the bottles onto the dining room table. I ushered him to take a seat in the living room, and he sat over on the love seat, myself taking residence on the couch.

Sure enough, he started right back into talking about this and that, telling me his whole life story. Interesting... really... ok not so much. Perhaps it would have been if he would have let me get a word in edge wise, but alas, he liked to talk.

I sat and listened to him for about a half hour before I figured a little alcohol will help with having to listen to his life story. I stood up and grabbed one of the bottles he brought, pineapple rum, or something or other, and I grabbed a glass and took a few sips. Decent. But, I should have put the alcohol in the fridge when he first got there. He grabbed some off brand tequila (in my opinion at least, if it isn't Jose' Quervo, then it's not real tequila!) and took a few shots, and I gathered the liquor and placed it in the fridge.

I sat with the drink next to me and sipped on it occassionaly, seriously not liking the warm alcohol. Naruto began to make fun of me.

"Is it really that bad?" he asked.

"Too warm," I replied.

"Wuss," he said grinning.

"Whatever. I'd rather have a beer right now anyways."

"Got any?" he asked.

"Nope, we'll have to run and go get some," I said standing.

"Where to?"

"Grocery store should be alright."

He grimaced when I said that. He works at a gas station part time, and said they'd be cheaper, so we hopped in my car and went to the one closest to my house. They were out. So we went to the grocery store in the end.

I complained before we went in. I was in my pjs, was not expecting to be out in public. Pajama pants and a holey shirt that was comfortable as all hell. Hence why I haven't thrown it away even with the holes.

Naruto rolled his eyes at me. "You look fine," he said.

I just have a thing at times where I don't like being out in public not looking, well, decent. I mean, if I just had another shirt...

We walked to the liquor department of the store and were about to find the beer section, when the security officer came up and told us that they stopped selling alcohol about 15 minutes earlier. It was only one o'clock on a Saturday for God's sake!

We bitched back and forth about it and I told him to call his gas station to see if they at least had any in, and to make sure we weren't completely losing it on what time most places stopped selling alcohol.

He got ahold of someone and told them of our predicament, and they told us to come on over. So we went down the road some, and I parked the car. He looked at me in question on if I was coming in. I rolled my eyes and got out with him. He kept on smiling as we walked in.

He introduced me to the girl on duty, and he went and grabbed us a 20-pack of Bud Light bottles. He tossed some bills and I tossed the other half, noting that the girl only charged us for a 10-pack of cans. How nice of her. I gave her one of my barely there smiles and gave Naruto the eye that I was ready to go home.

Back at the house, we were both sitting on opposite ends of the couch, beer in hand, and we decided we'd play a card game. Up and Down the River. Shika taught me. It gets ya drunk real quick.

And apparently Naruto doesn't drink beer too often, because we had just ended our first game and he was complaining on picking a new game. You drink a lot in this game, and we had probably already gone through two beers in 15 minutes.

His face would grimace every time he'd take a sip. Finally I asked if something was wrong with it.

"It smells like Pedigree," he said as his face scrunched in disgust as he sniffed the bottle lip.

I cocked my eyebrow at him, "Like Pedigree?"

"Yes, like Pedigree."

I rolled my eyes at him and picked up my bottle and stuck it under my nose and took a whiff.

It smelled like Pedigree.

We sat and laughed at the prospect of the beer having a Pedigree dog food smell:

"So, a semi with Bud Light was going one way..."

"And a semi with Pedigree was going the other..."

"They both crashed into each other, thus the Pedigree smelling Bud Light!" I finished, the two of us laughing hard at the images in our minds.

Once we calmed down some, I flipped the TV on and put it on Adult Swim so we'd have some walla, background noise. Inuyasha happened to be on so I started talking to the TV and Naruto just sat back and watched. For some reason I really didn't care. With anyone else I would have stayed reserved and kept on playing the game or something, but I just shrugged it off and did what Shika and I normally do... yell at the characters for doing something so obviously stupid. Or tell them to do something right before they go and do it. It's funny... really.

I took another sip of beer and muttered under my breath, "Pedigree."

Naruto laughed at me and muttered it back. We grinned at each other and I turned back to him and we resumed our drinking game, every so often muttering 'Pedigree' when we'd be forced to take drinks.

Hours passed and Naruto had taken his cowboy boots off; yes, cowboy boots. I so made fun of him when he walked in wearing those damn ugly things. At work he doesn't look the type to wear such hideous things. At least his socks weren't holey.

Naruto was losing the game, yet I was drinking more than him. And he called me the wuss? But he did get me a beer before I ran out so I'd be prepared. He'd twist the cap off too, when I struggled the first time. I have delicate hands... sue me.

The night went on and on. Beer after beer was being emptied and placed back in the box it came in. Finally, day broke through, and we were sitting in a bright living room, still sipping on our beers of Pedigree. He had to be at work in a few hours, I had the day off. I told him he could crash on the couch until he had to go; I'd set my alarm and the one out in the living room as well.

"Nah," he said, scratching the back of his head, "I'll make it home all right."

I look him over and concede since he had pretty much stopped drinking a few hours before hand, but would take a social drink every now and again since I kept on. Why I did, I don't know. I'm not usually a drinker, but I guess I was in a good mood or something.

We grabbed his forgotten bottles of alcohol out of the fridge and I walked him out the door. I stopped at the top of the steps on the porch and waved to him goodbye as he placed his liquor in the backseat again before getting in the driver's side.

He waved through the window at me, flashing one more fox like grin my way before starting the car and pulling away from the curb. I raised my hand in the air as a final goodbye and turned back into the house.

I sighed as the night's events finally come tumbling at me, and realized: I just stayed up the entire night with this guy, and enjoyed hanging out with him. And then I looked at the table scattered with beer bottles, caps, and wrappings off the bottles. I sighed again, and decided that I'd clean up after I get some shut eye.

I headed for my room and flopped onto my waterbed, relishing in the warmth and softness of the blankets and the sloshiness of the water. I grabbed my stuffed snake, Kaidou Kaoru Boomerang Snake-u (yes, that is his full name), and wrapped him around me. He's about a six foot long boa plush and adorable as all hell. Ino and Sakura bought me and Shika one each for Christmas last year. His is Kikumaru Eiji Kikumaru Beam-u. Yeah, we're Prince of Tennis fans.

I pulled my Kaidou around, threw my light Harry Potter blanket over me, and completely zonked out.

TBC...

Be so kind, and drop a line! Sankyuu!

Houseki