TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


New Beginnings by playin_lover

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any other character from the series.
Neji stepped out of his room onto the wooded hall, he was smiling. It was early in the morning, he was barely getting up for his morning exercises. He hadn't smiled in what felt like too long. Naruto had finally become Hokage. Neji never knew how much he wanted this until Naruto actually became Hokage. He had just realized that he was finally going to be set free, from the cage that kept him from what he always wanted, Freedom. His house was on a small hill, so he had a view that saw most of the Hyuuga compound. Neji looked across the court and saw that Hinatas door was open. Alarmed that another spy ninja had kidnapped her, he walked quickly and quietly across the court to her room. Kunai in his left hand, he pulled the door open quietly. He was always looking after Hinata, even if she was fully capable of looking after herself.
"HInata!" he called quietly, but the only sound that came from the room was the sound of soft breathing.
He called again, this time louder. No answer. He opened the other sliding door that led to her bedroom, and there she was. Sound asleep with headphones stuck in her ears. Neji loosened his grip on the kunai but didn't drop his guard. He looked into her closet, and thought ' I have never seen so many sweaters in my whole life.' No one was there, he turned to find Hinata looking at him with a sleepy look in her eyes and smiling.
"Go back to bed" he whispered softly, kneeling next to her. She looked at him confused, then she pulled out her headphones. She asked
"What's wrong Neji?" noticing how tense he was.
"Nothing, you just left your door open, you have to be more careful. Remember what happened last time?" he said, in a much too grown up voice.
She giggled, "Kiba just wanted to know if I wanted to go on a walk with him, we were only gone for an hour. You really didn't need to send out a search party." He pushed a lock of hair that had fallen over her eyes.
"Hinata, do you remember that promise Naruto made when we took our first Chuunin test?" he asked.
Hinata was silent for a moment, "Of course I do." she said finally, in a hushed tone. " He promised you that he would change the way of the Hyuuga clan, you... you've been waiting for that day ever since."
He looked at her, "Do you remember when I said that the feelings that I had for you were just from the curse?"
"Yes" she replied, looking at him now.
"Well we'll finally find out if thats true or not." he said. She looked into his eyes, afraid that if it was the curse that kept them bonded together like this, that when Naruto finally got rid of it that he would leave her. She loved him so much that the thought of Neji leaving her side was bringing tears to her eyes.
"I resented you that day, when you said that the feelings were just an effect of the curse, but then I forgave you because I loved you too much to stay mad at you." she said sitting up in her bed.
"But you still have to remember that if it is the curse that I'll still be here, next to you." he said, wrapping her in his arms, wanting to sooth the sadness he felt in her emanating chakra. She couldn't stop the tears that were rolling down her cheeks, couldn't stop the sobs as she tried to regain control of her emotions. He held her close to him, he didn't let go until her tears stopped.
"Are you okay now?" he asked her, she was still flush from the sudden surge of emotion.
She nodded, "Hey scoot over" Neji said to her. She moved so that Neji had enough room to lay down next to her. He laid down next to her, they were face to face. "Once upon a time..." he told her a tale of a cage bird who so desperately wanted to be set free but he met this girl she laughed and treated him like and equal, when the bird was finally given a chance to be set free... then he forgot the rest of the story. He was halfway through the story when she fell asleep he had planned to leave as soon as she fell asleep. Finally he heard the soft sound of her breathing. The sound of her breathing were so peaceful, that he wanted to fall asleep too but he didn't. He studied her face, she had no worry lines or any kind of blemish on her face. He shifted to leave, but then felt her reach out and grabbed hold of his shirt.
"Don't leave me.." she whispered sleepily. He studied her face for a hint as to what that meant, but found none.
"I won't." he replied knowing that she didn't hear it. He missed his morning exercises that morning, because he just laid there studying her face.
To Be Continued...
The next chapter is called Destiny Calls