TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Learn to Love by Makkura Arashi

[Reviews - 12]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the characters but would be willing to do anything to own Naruto, Itachi and Sasuke! If I owned Naruto, then Sasuke would never leave Naruto’s side and there would be LOTS of sex!

A/N: I just want to say that any mean thing said about people who are ill; in this chapter are purely Sasuke’s thoughts. I’m trying to develop his character here and none of them are my thoughts about things.

Chapter 1:

Uchiha Sasuke hated hospitals, more than anything in the world. Being a healthy boy, he didn’t think much of the pathetic people behind those walls. They were all weak, wallowing in self pity, never having to think of the outside world, never having to make it there. He hated the fact that in the next five minutes he would be entering one.

Apparently his teacher Kakashi thought that he needed a major attitude change. He didn’t approve of the fights Sasuke had been getting into at school and nor did he like the fact that Sasuke felt no remorse for the people he had injured. He had informed Sasuke that if he didn’t take up community service at Konoha hospital’s handicap ward, then he’d fail his class. And Kakashi’s class was math, the one class his parents expected him to get top grades in.

At first Sasuke had refused, but then Kakashi had called his parents and convinced them as well. Especially Sasuke’s mother who was bothered about his lack of friends. So Sasuke was stuck with spending two hours a day with some pathetic disabled person instead of studying or listening to metal.

He made his way towards the reception, glaring at all the young volunteers and nurses who looked his way. He wasn’t interested in anyone. People were bothersome and he didn’t want anything to do with them. He asked for Dr. Tsunade, and then made his way up to see if he could find her. at last he found the door he was searching for and almost collided with a buxom blonde.

She looked at him puzzled at first and then smiled. “You must be Uchiha Sasuke. Kakashi told me all about you. Nice to meet you.”

“Hn.” Sasuke grunted. He really didn’t want to be here. Her smile slipped a little and she looked like she was trying to keep back a bit of annoyance. She smiled again, thought it looked really fake.

“Well, Sasuke, I’m a little busy today. So all I want you to do is get to know the patient you are going to be working with. Just make sure he takes his medication and stuff ok? Just go meet the head nurse Shizune; she’ll be right around the corner. She’ll let you meet the patient ok? Bye then.” Tsunade bustled away.

Sasuke glared at her retreating back. He’d had to meet a hundred people just for community service. He walked around the corner and saw a woman ordering half a dozen other people around. He walked up to her and introduced himself. “I’m Uchiha Sasuke. Dr Tsunade told me to see about the patient I’m working with.” He felt Shizune look him over and got the feeling that she didn’t like him much.

Shizune decided she didn’t like the kid. He was just like all those others she’d seen, people who just came here because they were forced too and didn’t really care about anyone. It was irritating and could hurt the patient as well. None the less she smiled a small, not too friendly smile as she briefed him.

“You’ll be working with Uzumaki Naruto. He’s about your age. He got into a car crash eight months back and has paraplegia, meaning he’s paralyzed from waist down. It’s not a very severe case, it means he’s still got some feeling left, but we don’t know when he’ll walk, or how long it will take him to get better. So please be nice.” Shizune emphasized the word and led him to the ward. Then she whispered. “If you hurt him Uchiha, I’ll kill you.”

Sasuke was a bit taken aback by the last statement. But what the hell, it wouldn’t be so bad. Maybe he could just not say anything and time would pass. He saw a lump on the bed. Shizune prodded the lump.

“Oi, Naruto, wake up! Naruto you have a visitor wake up!” Shizune pulled down the covers and Sasuke saw a shock of blonde hair. Slowly the boy turned and opened his eyes.

All of a sudden Sasuke found himself drowning in beautiful pools of blue. He stared for a minute, not wanting to look away from those gentle orbs, who were studying him a little sleepily. Abruptly the other boy turned. Sasuke suddenly felt a little empty. He wanted to look into those eyes again.

“Shizune nee-chan, who’s that boy?”

Shizune ruffled his hair. “That’s Uchiha Sasuke; he’s going to be spending a few months helping care for you. Community service project, you know. Well, Naruto-kun, I’ll have to go now. You guys can get to know each other better. And Naruto…you better take your medicine ok?”

“Aw, nee-chan you know I hate that stuff! Can’t you ever give me better medicine? They should come up with ramen flavored medicine!” Naruto whined.

Shizune smiled. “Yeah whatever, kiddo. I got to go now!” she walked out, pushing Sasuke inside.

Sasuke looked at the boy on the bed and wondered what to say. He needn’t have worried; Naruto gave him a big grin. “So, Sasuke is it? Nice to meet you Sasuke! What do you do?”

Sasuke took his seat rather bored. “I’m a senior at Konoha High.” Then he glanced at the blonde who was looking at him with his head slightly tilted. “What about you, dobe?”

“Don’t call me dobe! Stupid teme!” Naruto yelled, almost bursting Sasuke’s ear drums.

Sasuke glared at him. “This is a hospital, dobe you’re not supposed to yell!”

Naruto glared at him. “This room is sound proof I can yell all I want. DON’T CALL ME DOBE!”

Sasuke shrugged. “Shit, I can’t believe I’ve got to spend two hours with you! You still haven’t answered my question.”

Naruto wondered whether to answer the asshole or not. “I’m supposed to be a senior too, but well right now I can’t exactly get to school.” He grinned. “So I’m getting tutored.”

Sasuke digested that bit of information. Then a question popped up. “Why don’t your parents take you home or something dobe? You can get home schooled then, the atmosphere would be a lot better then. I can’t imagine anyone studying in a hospital!”

Naruto’s grin disappeared. Sasuke suddenly found himself wanting to bring it back. The blond sighed. “Well, in that car crash…my mom passed away and well, my dad…I’m alone right now teme.” Suddenly the grin returned full force. “I like the hospital; I have a lot of friends here!”

And your dad? Sasuke wanted to press the point but out of rare restraint he didn’t. An awkward silence descended over them. Sasuke looked at his watch; he still had an hour and a half to go. This was getting boring. A nurse came in with Naruto’s medicines.

“Hey, Naruto-kun! How are you feeling today?” she had pink hair. She ruffled the blonde’s hair. Naruto grinned at her.

“I’m doing fine, Sakura-chan! How can I not be fine, when you’re my nurse?” Naruto chirped.

Sakura blushed a little. “I love taking care of such a sweet talker! Oh, Sasuke-kun! What are you doing here?”

Naruto looked at them both. “Do you know each other Sakura-chan?”

Sakura nodded. “Yeah, we go to school together. I told you about him Naruto!”

Then Naruto frowned. “You mean this is the bastard who was mean to you Sakura-chan?”

Sakura suddenly looked a little flustered. “Naruto! Let it go, already! I have Lee now don’t I?”

Naruto shook his head stubbornly. “I don’t care; I just don’t like people who are rude to you.”

Sasuke smirked. “So what are you going to do about it, dobe? It’s not like you can do much…” he looked pointedly at Naruto’s legs.

“Sasuke!” Sakura cried out angrily. “Have some compassion!”

“I don’t need his pity, Sakura-chan!” Naruto growled.

Sasuke sneered. “I don’t like weaklings, threatening me, pretending they can do something.”

Naruto glared at him. “I’m not a weakling you asshole!”

Sakura frowned at the dark haired boy. “This is enough Sasuke. I know you’re here because Kakashi –sensei sent you! I’m sure you don’t want him hearing about this!” she placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Let go of me, bitch!” Sasuke yanked away ignoring the hurt in Sakura’s eyes. Suddenly he found himself on the floor. His jaw hurt like hell. He looked up at Naruto who was looking at him with disgust.

“Hey, teme, you forgot. I’m paraplegic. I can still move my arms. Guess I’m not as weak as you thought I was, am I? I really don’t see what your problem is. You’re healthy, you’re athletic, you’ve got all the girls after you, and you do well in class. The way I see it you’ve got no right to act the way you do. Guess that makes you arrogant.” Naruto’s lips turned downwards.

“I don’t care if you have to do this or not, but I want you out of this room right now. You can come back in when you dislodged that stick up your ass.” Naruto signaled to Sakura to bring the wheel chair against the wall closer to the bed. Then he hoisted himself out of the bed, back wards until he’d gotten his butt onto the wheel chair. Then he wheeled himself backwards bit by bit until he was completely on it.

Sakura made sure he was comfy before letting him wheel it out. As they left Sakura turned to him. “That was awful Sasuke-kun. You’d better not come back, Naruto will be really angry if you do.” Then she left Sasuke gaping at her in the empty room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: ok how was it? I was reading Jeffrey Deaver’s Lincoln Rhyme series when I got the idea! Then after I worked on the net looking up stuff about it, so I could write this. And well about Sakura not liking Sasuke, she did quite a while back, but now she’s going out with lee. And sorry about Sasuke being such a bastard! It’ll get better I promise. Tell me how it is.

Taka