TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Dark Moon Rising by SerpentatSunset

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The woman's eyes had been blue. Not the light and clear blue of the day that resided between the spaces of the clouds, but the enigmatic blues that stirred around the stars of night. Madara preferred the night.

He had seen disgust and interest clashing in those deep pools. How he longed to fish in them see what was really there.

The hue was what had drew him to her face through the crack of consciousness. Her interesting drawn and pained face. It most likely was not out of concern for him.

The darkness hid the blights of the life. The world was perfect as it slept and hell when it woke up. Madara knew that it was true; he just didn't know why others didn't see it.

He wondered if she thought about him too.

She had saved his life. That fact alone made him worth his attention.

Armed with the knowledge that she had saved him from Death's door, yes, he would make the effort of meeting her. Wouldn't she be surprised?

Relishing in the fear his presence provoked, he innocently asked around until at last he found that the girl that had attended him was Shimura Yoi. Ironically, Yoi denoted that she was born in the evening. Madara mused that it must have been true for she carried the darkness in her eyes.

Finally, he approached a Shimura-owned tent. He asked about the mysterious medic and a young kunoichi with freckles sprinkled over her cheeks and nose pointed towards the backyard.

Madara stared though the tent flap. Somewhere beyond it on the grass was his savior.

Yoi was honestly terrified when she saw him. It was the reaction one had when seeing a poisonous spider hanging in front of you.

It had been such a relief when it had been reported that Madara had been alive. She had heard the news when was washing the dishes. By the time the load was finished, she wanted to dunk her head under the water until the bubbles stopped.

Yoi often had violent visions and hidden rages to her life. She wondered if or when she would act on them.

Earlier, Her father had raged at her and publicly shamed that she had not her done her job adequately when the Uchiha had not recovered instantly. But, if the Uchiha were satisfied with her care, why couldn't her own father be?

Privately, she cursed at the warrior for getting ill in the first place. Then, this scrutiny against her wouldn't exist.

However, it would be proven that her father's ranting would be nothing. The acting Uchiha leader was alive and well.

Now that that mess was settled, Yoi could finally relax and listen to the brook trickle nearby.

In truth, she felt rather smug. Her skill was great enough to resurrect the near dead.

Feeling a bit cheerful, Yoi spread out in the sun. It was a deserved golden rest.

Soon enough, Yoi felt a presence. A powerful chakra was heading towards her. Yoi frowned in annoyance at the intruder and the sudden shade they brought. Someone was blocking her light.

"Can't you see me here?" she snapped.

"I can see you very well."

The voice was low and husky and unfamiliar. Foreboding washed over her.

Shimura Yoi opened her eyes. Her patient was here with a private smirk tugging at his lips. She was tempted to ask him what the hell was so funny.

"Are you Yoi?"

Suddenly, she was unsure of herself. "Why? What did i do to you?"

No doubt that he would pelt her with complaints. Why did her life have to be so hard?

It was always a bad sign when a patient went looking for you.

"Everything. After all, you are the woman who saved me, Yoi."

So. He knew her name. Too much information. She was sure that he was well supplied from her family. Did Madara even bother with honorifics either? She decided that he was without manners.

"You are excellent at your craft," he buttered her up.

Yoi felt itchy. She wanted to rise. She felt too...exposed.

She looked down at the grass. "Thank you."

"It's wonder I never took notice of you. With those eyes."

Compliments were cheap.

"I've been here," she replied as casually as she could.

Was he trying to ensnare her? Too bad. She wasn't biting.

The whole lot of Uchihas thought that everyone was was below them.

"Are you married?'

The question was sudden, unexpected, and unwelcome. Perhaps it was out of innocent curiosity. Possibly.

Yoi shook her head. It wasn't even his business.

He clearly meant her sister who was a year younger than her. Yoi had gone to her wedding and felt...nothing. All she had been interested was the dessert and the lovely music. Her father often commented that she was too grim and behind other girls her age. Dull Yoi.

"I have to go." Yoi rose to her feet.

I have to go...anywhere.

"Are you really in a hurry?" Madara sounded bemused.

Yoi raised an eyebrow. "Uchiha-san, don't you have wars to fight?"

Yoi stopped herself. Were they actually bantering?

It didn't matter. Soon, he would forget that she had ever existed. She could only hope.

"Who says that one can't talk and fight at the same time? Every word is an action and every movement disrupts the environment. It's what makes living interesting. Nothing stays stagnant."

He was giving her a headache with his speech. Who knew that a brute could think so deeply?

In contrast, Yoi preferred to luxuriate in the deep silence until she forgot she existed. In that state, she could become a gust of wind flying up a mountain or a dewdrop glistening in the grass. Yoi sought just to be.

"By the way, the name is Madara."

Yoi knew that already. He had repeated as if the name might be erased from his memory if he died.

"Madara," she repeated. No honorific. She said it like he said it.

Like how he said her name.

Madara. Spotted. Imperfect. He wondered what he had done to earn such a name. Maybe he had been hated even as a child.

An Uchiha woman was who should be seeking. Given his history and reputation, it shouldn't be too hard to start a family.

Oh, but how wrong she would be. No matter how reasonable, Yoi's logic always seemed to be proven wrong. Her philosophy should have been to expect the impossible and it would appear. A stark contrast to how secure her life had been.

All she could see was a miniature reflection of herself in his eyes.

From the way he was watching and hovering around her, she could tell that he was interested in her. Yoi couldn't fathom why and prayed that it would go away.

Yoi was sure all his father would say was that, "it was a fine match."

But, her father wasn't here.

"Again, thank you for saving my life." Without warning, he grabbed her hand.

Yoi cringed at his forwardness.

"It was my job." She watched him through narrowed eyes before she yanked her limb away.

Madara gestured at himself. "Well, you saved one of Konoha's greatest hero. I am grateful. Konoha is grateful."

He was so assured of his own importance. It was enviable to witness. Or sad if one knew how delusional he was.

Uchiha Madara obviously had a sky high opinion of himself and mental and personality issues to compete with. Unfortunately, she wasn't that kind of healer. Madara would have to deal with his character shortcomings his whole life.

"I have to go," Yoi repeated.

Kami-sama, take a hint.

"So soon?" Madara's eyes slanted in suspicion.

"I do have a family," Yoi asserted.

Madara cocked his head. "Pity. I don't.

She watched him walk in the direction opposite of the sun.



---




Surely, she could see had no future in sight. She would live as a simple nursemaid under her father's thumb.

He wondered if she even had hopes and dreams. Maybe they had starved a long time ago. Anything was possible in this desolate place.

It was clear that she was annoyed by him. That was so amusing, but she wasn't quite in the right position to refuse him. She would have to so so at her own peril.

He would have to see how his blue river wound and where it would emptied.

It would be a welcome distraction; a fun game to pass the boring hours.

At least until Hashirama was in the mood to play again.