TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto: Tales of a Ninja Magician by Captain Claymore

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Shimo and Sugemi kept looking at each other, trying to determine which one should make the first move. This was a complicated fight, they couldn't go too flashy or else the guards would pick up on the trouble brewing in the lower levels, at the same time they were each a capable genin able to provide a decent challenge for one another. Shimo may have expected an easy knockout but this first exchange of attacks proved to him that such would never happen. Sugemi was not only ready to fight his friends for this blind quest of vengeance but he also was well able to deliver on his big talk.

Shimo started the brawl, he kicked off of the ground leaping forward, one of his arms held his drawn blade whereas the other one was ready to defend against any counterattacks which the sword may not have been fast enough to intercept. This time Shimo invested far less weight into his attack, he learned of Sugemi's style and decided that if he got his attack redirected again he'd be wide open for a takedown and this time the Nara wouldn't fool around. This was a real fight with real stakes, in fact, when a life of a friend was at stake the stakes couldn't have been more real.

With a sharp and quick but unfocused kick Shimo tried to weigh and measure his opponent, see how he dealt with simple quick jabs, Sugemi's knee shot up kicking Shimo's leg way up where the Nara then swept the other leg. Shimo's body hit the ground hard but Sugemi wasn't done, he turned his body around with a second sweep to send Shimo's body slamming into the cell. A dirty and bruised arm grabbed Shimo's neck and started choking the boy out. The Yuki swordsman whispered something to his assailant and his grip loosened. The Demon must've been told that he was attacking his own saviour, without his tools, broken, tired and hungry even the Demon could not escape from this HQ at that moment.

Sugemi turned back at Mana with the same blank stare. "Well? Aren't you going to fight? If you're here you must support a side, with me or against me. There are no neutral grounds in life, all must pick a side, those that do not are treated as enemies to both sides." A handle of Shimo's sword silenced Sugemi as it drove deep into the boy's jaw sending the boy crashing into the stone wall picking up dust and cracking some bricks in it. Mana just barely managed to lean out of the way of her friend crashing into the wall, she couldn't keep her balance but at least she didn't get knocked out by her own friend crashing into her.

"Don't listen to him, Mana-chan. You don't have to pick any side, I'm sorry for doing this to you, I'm sorry that I forced you to watch friends fight but… Please just endure it a little bit longer. We'll go back home again and be friends, we'll be Team Oak like the old times. Isn't that right Sugemi? What happened to the Chuunin Exams? What happened to your manga?! Are you just spitting at all of your dreams just to express your feelings of anger towards an unarmed man?" Shimo yelled at Sugemi who picked himself back up and spat out some blood to the side.

Mana's body was almost shaking, she couldn't believe that she was seeing her friends fight like that, her best friends. When coming here she expected that they would be able to stop Sugemi by either talking him down or he'd get his mind back in order when the first blow would be thrown, seeing the madness behind it all. Now she witnessed that the boy wasn't like that at all, with each fist thrown his mind devolved more and more to the mad fighting animal which he held inside. "They don't write manga about spineless fools like Mana. They write them about brave and strong men who know where they stand and act upon their feelings. That is what it means to be a ninja and that is how I'll make my own history. If you feel obliged to fight me, I'll gladly kick your butt before I kick that of that Kirigakure bastard in the cell." Sugemi shouted out, his tone finally made it clear – he lost it completely.

"So you think you can take me?" Demon's confident and husky tone echoed through the entire room from his cell. "Come on, big guy, I'm right here. Open the cell door and we can go for it."

Shimo gave the inmate an angry stare, he was just making this whole madness worse. "Guys. Please. Stop!" Mana shouted out standing back up and using her "Mystical Wings" jutsu again to make her slightly levitate as she moved in closer to the two. A blow sent her back into the wall of the room, it wasn't a chakra augmented blow so Sugemi was holding back but he showed clearly that he was going to have none of it. He was so far beyond being talked down that Mana could barely believe it. If this was a mercenary or another ninja or some giant animal from the Forest of Death she'd have had no second thought about taking them out but… This was Sugemi. How could things have gone so far out of control?

Sugemi shouted out madly, such loud cries of battle must've been heard above but the guards probably just took it for normal shouts of desperate or drunk inmates. Sometimes when a ninja has had too many drinks they may have ended up contained in the Police Force HQ as well until the morning so some unusual noises wouldn't have been out of the ordinary in the slightest. The Nara leaped forward slamming his palms together as the shadows shot from the ground forming into fists, each of them started relentlessly striking at Shimo in a powerful barrage of strikes. "Shadow Tendril Barrage!" Sugemi yelled out.

Shimo's body moved to the side and dodged each of the strikes, Mana saw that his body moved far too fast, he must've been using chakra to make his movements faster. A genin may not have been able to augment their bodies' natural abilities too much but somehow Shimo managed to avoid each and every strike, with a graceful spin the swordsman appeared behind Sugemi and drove his sheathe right into the Nara's back sending him almost crashing into the cell. The bars of the Demon's cell were bent up, the inmate moved back because he believed that the strength upon which Sugemi was thrown into his cell would blow them out completely. The Demon just laughed out in amusement.

"This is great, you Konoha brats are so soft. Afraid to draw your blade against your own brother, I've been killing Kirigakure ninja since I was in the Academy. Your pitiful games bring shame to the craft of ninja."

Sugemi's body picked itself up and wiped slobber and blood that shot from his mouth from having a pointy end of the sheathe driven into his spine with all of Shimo's strength. Even now when their encounter had well kicked off they were playing with kid gloves. Even when it seemed apparent that they were fighting both Shimo and Sugemi held back significantly and that's why they were different from the Demon. "If you toy around I'm just gonna take you and Mana out and then proceed with my plan. Draw your damn sword when you hit me, Shimo!" Sugemi yelled out angrily. Truth being told even to Mana Shimo's approach of sheathing his sword when attacking and unsheathing it when the attack was over seemed silly. And yet… She was powerless to stop her friends from killing one another.

Shimo stood silently, his eyes were completely covered up by his hair that were greasy and covered with sweat from this encounter and all the previous months he had spent training. Sugemi angrily spat out some blood to the side, "Suit yourself!" he exclaimed as chakra erupted from his body and he lunged at Mana. The girl couldn't stop him, not in her injured state at least, her body was frozen, she was completely disabled by the thought of fighting her best friend. Her best friend wanted to harm her! Before Sugemi's fist drove into the girl's stomach punching her out of her consciousness however Shimo's naked blade shot up and to the side right across Sugemi's body, from one shoulder to his thigh.

"LEAVE MANA-CHAN OUT OF THIS!" Shimo roared out like a wild animal as he moved his arm making the blade cut instead of just pressing against Sugemi's body. The Nara's eyes whited out, overwhelmed by pain pulsing through his entire body, blood shot out from the wound splashing all over the walls of the room. The magician felt a warm splash of blood landing on her cheek, her body still shook in disbelief of what was happening, with each passing moment the situation was getting worse. At this point almost everything bad that could've happened did happen. Sugemi's body slammed onto the edgy stone floor, blood still ran wildly from the wound on his chest, his eyes now looked so innocent as the boy was temporarily cut down out of his consciousness. Moments later the boy's consciousness returned, he started writhing on the ground in pain.

"What… The…" a weak voice echoed to the side of where the girl was floating a foot into the air. One of the guards was getting over being knocked out. The girl didn't have time to think, her hands quickly went through some hand seals and activated a genjutsu. The guard's eyes opened wide in surprise, he started rolling around and scratching all over his body believing to be covered in cockroaches. He started writhing around, bashing his body into the stone walls until he hit his head and got back to being knocked out cold. Just great. Now Mana messed up too, now she's just as much of a criminal as Shimo and Sugemi were. The Demon just laughed out amused in his cell.

"Well well, I guess this girl isn't completely toothless…"

Shimo looked back with sorry eyes. "Mana…" he uttered. It was clear that he felt sorry that he dragged her into this with his aggressive approach. Sugemi got back onto his knees wiping the blood that he was throwing up. It appeared that the wound on his chest wasn't too deep or didn't cut through the bone. It must've been really painful to keep a fighting maniac like Sugemi down for so long. "Yeah… Be a dear and knock out everyone who gets in our way" the Nara huffed out. Shimo's hand rose up showing the edge of his sword to Sugemi.

"I'll take you out quick, we've already hurt Mana-chan enough by fighting, now because of my inaction she got involved into this… It's my mess to clean up!" he spoke quietly but firmly and with much confidence. Shimo then sheathed his sword and his hands went through three or four hand seals as a powerful gust of wind picked up, suddenly the humidity in the air was transformed into a strong blizzard and it was made even stronger by the fact that it was raging indoors in a contained environment. Mana shrieked out in pain as the force of the wind overwhelmed her levitation technique and she was sent back down to the ground. The Demon laughed out, his voice was muffled by the raging winds. "I see your chakra control improved while I was sitting here" he yelled out.

Shimo's body disappeared, flashing in on Sugemi as he drew his sword slicing at the center of the whirlwind that was throwing the pelting snow and icicles around. "Blizzard Cut – Three Slashes!" Shimo yelled out as a white blur flashed through the center of the blizzard cutting the whirlwind into four parts separating it in three spots where his blade cut through the whirlwind. Because of the overwhelming cold and strength of the wind there was no way for Sugemi to avoid it but the Nara kept on his feet, stumbling around as new deep wounds opened on his body but not once letting a part of his body above the knees hit the ground. Then the storm stopped as quickly as it began.

Shimo was not done, he saw that Sugemi was taking every blow so he continued his ruthless onslaught. After stopping from the last slash he made more hand seals and pointed his hands at his friend and rival. The storm picked up again right around Sugemi slamming powerful and large chunks of ice made from the humidity in the air right at the genin. Encasing Sugemi into a mausoleum of ice made out of huge messy blocks. Shimo breathed out and leaped forward, drawing his sword with all of his might. "Ice Style: Ice Cutter!" he shouted trying to cut the pile of ice blocks on top of Sugemi in half and taking the genin out with it. A powerful flash of chakra sent Shimo away slamming again into the Demon's cell, bending the bars furthermore. The chunks of ice got blown away, forming into smaller shrapnel that would've easily shred through the flesh of anyone who got too close.

"First Gate: Gate of Opening! OPEN!" Sugemi shouted out releasing a powerful burst of chakra from the opening gate which blew away Shimo's jutsu. Without hesitating even for a moment the Nara jumped at his friend. No. These two were no longer friends, they were two people trying to genuinely kill each other. They may have been friends at some point but now there was nothing but their battle. Shimo leaped forward, cutting madly with his sword, Sugemi pulled out a kunai as the two started to blur. Clashing with each other sending sparks and shockwaves, leaping on the walls, kicking off of the ceiling. Their eyes were completely white, absent were any traces of emotion or feeling. Just an automated bombardment of loud clangs and booms when these two clashed with one another trying to take each other down. This mad explosion of fury and killing intent must've alerted someone above, soundproofing could only protect from this much noise escaping…

Then in an instant the blurs appeared in their human shapes again, wild Nara shadows surrounded Sugemi as powerful tendrils shot from the ground trying to whip at Shimo "Shadow Tendril Jutsu!" Sugemi yelled out. The swordsman vaulted over them moving in to strike at the Nara from behind but the Nara was facing Shimo again by predicting the swordsman trying to move in from behind. "Shadow Push Jutsu!" Sugemi chanted out again as the shadows formed a big palm that slammed into Shimo's chest sending him rolling back and slamming into the wall. Shimo grunted out and quickly got back on his feet. His body was trembling in pain and exhaustion was starting to kick in. Shimo's breathing was irregular, that slamming shadow technique must've broken some ribs which made breathing difficult. Without his ability to breathe properly Shimo may not have had what it took to keep up with Sugemi's "First Gate".

First flock of guards broke in, these were the four that were supposed to check the situation. Mana realized that if the scouting party did not return the ones staying above were supposed to call for reinforcements, the problem was that in their maddened states Shimo and Sugemi may not have realized it. Both Shimo and Sugemi leaped at the guards. Sugemi moved so fast in his "First Gate" that he quickly took them out with strong strikes directed at the vital areas. Shimo was slightly softer with his strikes but he hit with every intention to knock them out instantly. If these guards were given proper chance to fight they may have proven troublesome to Shimo and Sugemi, the thing was that the two genin were already warmed up and in their most potent stages of combat, they also caught the guards unprepared and utilized the shock factor. Now it was just a matter of time before the guards return with reinforcements after the scouting party does not return. It didn't matter, Mana would stay with her friends, she'd stand with them even if now they were trying to kill each other.

After the final guard hit the floor after a mad blurring combination of blows from Sugemi his "First Gate" disappeared with a loud popping sound as the chakra bursting from his body dissolved. Almost at the same moment Sugemi collapsed onto his knees breathing heavily, this "First Gate" must've been really wearing his body out. Now was Shimo's chance to take his friend out cold and get the hell out of there. There was a slim chance that the three could still escape without being recognized, it was dark in the cellar and Shimo with Sugemi moved really fast, maybe their faces still weren't seen? Even Mana with her optimistic and naĂŻve attitude realized she was being too hopeful.

Shimo rushed at Sugemi who was struggling to breathe properly, his arms decisively flashed driving the sword down and leaving a wide cut on Sugemi's chest. The heat emanating from Sugemi's body from the effort he had to put in to use the "First Gate" had already cauterized the previous cuts, this one was fresh, this one wasn't defended against in any way. It was a clean knockout slash. And yet… Sugemi stood up, stumbling back but he stood. Shimo shouted out like a madman, slicing right and left, waving his sword around in a mad fit of rage, opening new wounds, shallow but numerous, desperate to take his friend down but not out for good. Sugemi shouted in pain, he stumbled back with each successful strike but he didn't go down. He always jumped up from his knees to greet each successive strike. Then the unbelievable happened, Sugemi clenched his fist and shouted out "First Gate: OPEN!" again sending a powerful punch Shimo's way. It only dispelled an afterimage. The real Shimo was somewhere in the darkness of the room.

"Ice Style: Cold Air Mirage" a voice came from somewhere deeper in the room, somewhere in the darker corners.

"Ninja Style: Elimination Cut!" Shimo's voice came from right above Sugemi whose face shot up in disbelief, he was too late to stop it. Shimo's body dove down from the ceiling cutting Sugemi through the chest. A powerful finishing cut like that was supposed to end it all but Sugemi only stumbled back again. The bursting chakra which his Gate of Opening emitted protected him slightly making the cut just a little bit short from cutting through bone and into the vital organs. Still, it was apparent now that Shimo was no longer cutting to hurt, he was cutting to kill confident that his friend would survive his meanest kill-shots.

Once again Sugemi's body blurred and disappeared, so did Shimo. A multitude of exploding aerial shockwaves almost blew Mana off her feet again, she was now sitting with her back against the wall, her body and mind were completely broken to the point where she was just observing this madness which was happening there. Friend trying to kill another friend, when did her life end up like this, where was this all leading up to? If these two people fighting were anyone else… If only these weren't Sugemi and Shimo fighting. The gentleman who thought it was his noble duty to let each girl in the Academy into the canteen first and the otaku who brought a bag full of manga into the graduation exam instead his tools.

The two just kicked off of various surfaces: walls, ceiling, floor, passing through each other and clashing using their weapons. Sugemi's kunai got cut in two after two or three swipes but he quickly replaced them. Then it happened – Shimo's feet kicked strongly off of Demon's cell breaking the bars and blowing the door down. The Demon was unleashed again onto Konohagakure, the slow and hesitant steps tapped against the sharp edges of the rocky floor, an exhausted, tortured and broken youth walked out from his cell laughing madly. "Finally… I have escaped from my shackles… Oni-sensei, I've not disappointed you, I've obtained all the information I need and now I'll…" two fists silenced the tired, sick and delusional inmate. Sugemi's "First Gate" must've hit like a truck, that combined with Shimo's fist and then a follow up strike from the sword handle sent the Demon back into the cell passing out instantly.

"There… We've hurt him plenty. Let's go now…" Shimo huffed heavily looking at the unconscious inmate they've just punched out. Obviously had the Demon been anywhere close to his prime he'd have been much more troublesome to take out, still, Shimo and Sugemi were stronger than they were before when they investigated him and it showed. Sugemi's "First Gate" ended again, the boy fell onto his knee and started huffing grabbing his chest in pain. His entire body must've been shutting down from being pushed so much.

"No! This isn't enough. He deserves more for what they did to sensei and the Fourth! I need to punch him more, I need to crush his arms and legs and punch him until he's just a stain but still barely alive!" Sugemi yelled out. "Don't you think for a moment that I didn't notice what you did, you're still thinking about Mana, aren't you? You did this on purpose trying to calm me down, I'm not some idiot you can play with!" the Nara followed up as his body stood back up and straightened for the continuation of the battle.

Shimo looked at Mana with a sorry glare, "I'm sorry, Mana-chan, I did everything I can to do it peacefully, I restrained my cuts enough, I even appealed to his intentions and freed the damned prisoner. That's it, now I'm hitting you with my full strength!" the boy leaned forward widening his legs and bending them, taking a sword drawing stance and preparing to devastating his opponent with his secret technique. Sugemi's arms shot to his sides and then he also took his taijutsu stance preparing to continue the battle with all of the training wheels being off.

"Good. I also haven't showed you all results of my training as well…" Sugemi's arms once again moved to the side as he started to channel his chakra intensely, driving it all from his body in mad bursts. Sugemi's skin started blushing, dyeing in a shade of red and blood vessels started shooting out on his forehead. The chakra rushing from his body was no longer crystal clear, it was now completely blue and red with rotating streams and a green aura started briefly emanating from his body, present but still weak and transparent.

"Second Gate: Gate of Healing! OPEN!"