TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Hidden Love by HiddenQueen

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Hey all! This is my first Naruto fanfic that I'm posting on here! I haven't written a Naruto fic since 2009 and it wasn't that great so I hope this one is better! The only character I made was Rikku. I got the idea from the girl from Final Fantasy X2. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this and please leave me a review! I could always use suggestions and constructive criticism! Thanks!
Chapter notes: Like I said this is my first fic on here so please be nice haha but also leave reviews! I might edit some parts too but I'll let you know ! I hope you all like it! [:
She stood there, every day, for hours on end and sometimes even into the night. Her best friend would sometimes join her but neither of them would say a word. People would try to talk them out of standing there but it never made a difference. It was nearly into the eighth day when footsteps came from behind her.

“You know…a little sleep never hurt anyone.” It was a familiar female voice. The still girl looked down and then up at the woman with her with light blue eyes.

“Lady Tsunade…I uh…” Was all that could escape her mouth. She didn’t know what to say. Was there anything to say?

“You’re Iruka Umino’s younger sister Rikku, aren’t you?”

“Uh, yes ma’am.” She nodded her head as her brunette hair followed. It was down to her waist and loose with small braids throughout and all tied together sitting atop her head. Her Leaf Village headband held it together as well. She wore black shorts and a teal shirt that stopped barely above her bellybutton. She was confident in herself and found her own clothing style. Her Kunai bag was clipped to one of the belt loops.

There was a moment of silence as Rikku turned her gaze back to the gates leading out of the Leaf Village, “I wouldn’t have sent them out if I didn’t think they could get the job done.”

“It’s been eight days…” She said in a hushed tone clenching her hands into fists. The fifth Hokage took notice, “Please, let me go and see if I can find them. I could be of use to them.”

Tsunade Flashback

“I’m trusting you with this mission Shikamaru. Don’t let me down. It’ll be a good way to show how good of a Chunin you are.”

“Yes ma’am, I’ll try to do my best.”

“Now, I’ve already thought of a few people you can take with you.”

“Hm?”

“Naruto Uzumaki is a good candidate for starters. Along with Sasuke of course.”

“You’re not serious are you? Sasuke I can see. But Naruto? Sometimes the kid can be such a drag.” He put his hand behind his head

“That kid has more determination than any of you as far as I’ve seen. He’s tough and will be a valuable player on your squad.”

“Alright I guess. Anyone else?”

“Yes. I’ve seen Rikku Umino perform and for a girl she almost reminds me of myself. If you have anyone on your squad, make sure she is one of them. She could be of use.”

He was silent for a second, “No offense but I would have anyone else besides her on my squad.” Lady Tsunade kept looking at him to continue, “Truth is, we’re pretty good friends and I care for her a lot. Hey, maybe I even like her a little I don’t know. But I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I brought her into a battle and something happened to her.” He looked up at her, “Please, promise me you won’t send her out, even if she begs. She’s safe here.”

Lady Tsunade took a deep breath, “Very well, you have my word. But you need to make me a promise Shikamaru.”

“What is that?”

“I won’t send her out…but if you care for her as much as you say you do then you promise me right now that you’ll come back to her.”

“You have my word.”

End Flashback

“And if something were to happen? We’d be a village with one less Genin here to protect us. Shikamaru, Naruto, Sasuke, Kiba, Chouji and Neji are fine with what they have.” The six of them were sent out to take care of some of Orochimaru’s henchmen from the Sound Village.

She looked back up at her with tears in her eyes, ‘Please Lady Tsunade I’m begging you. I have to see if they’re okay. I don’t know what I’ll do if I find out something happened to them. ”

She examined Rikku for a moment. The intensity in her eyes when she spoke about them, “What is it about them that has you so concerned?”

“They’re comrades. I mean I’m not very close with Neji, in fact I barely know him. Chouji and Kiba I grew up with and Naruto was my first friend that I considered a best friend. I was placed in the same squad as Sasuke and we shared a bond because both of our parents were killed. It seems only fair I fight beside them.”

“You left out Shikamaru.”

“He’s different. We’ve become good friends and I care about him so much. I actually think I kinda like him. Which is why I need to help him.” Her tears fell and hit the ground and her fists clenched even tighter, “I’d die if something ever happened to him.”

Lady Tsunade’s eyes grew wide with shock. She knew why she saw herself in this young girl. The passion and the commitment to help out anyone who needed her. She sighed, “If I was to send you out it’d be with one more person. Who knows what’s lurking in those trees.”

Rikku looked up at her in amazement, she never thought she’d get the okay from the fifth Hokage to go out there, “Really? You’ll really send me out?”

Tsunade nodded her head, “Yes but on one condition: you look for any who have fallen before heading to catch up with Shikamaru. Now, who do you want to bring with you?”

She thought for a minute, “Sakura. Sakura Haruno. If we find anyone who’s fallen, she can bring them back here.”

*

It was 5am when knocks came from Sakura’s front door. She grabbed a Kunai and headed down the stairs. She recognized the figure standing there and opened the door, “Rikku, what happened? Have you heard anything?” She asked her friend’s eyes filled with tears.

“No one’s heard anything. What if Shikamaru is dead!?” She cried, “I begged Lady Tsunade to let me go and find him and help him. But she said I only could if you came with me. Please Sakura, please come with me.”

“Of course…I’ve been dying to know where Sasuke is.” She grabbed her Kunai bag and medicine pouch off the table and met Rikku back outside.

“We’ll have to see if we find anyone who’s fallen first, after that we can find the rest of them.”

“If I can’t treat them with the medicine, I’ll have to bring them back to the village.” Sakura said as they began running down the streets.

“I hope it doesn’t come down to that.”

She felt like they were traveling for hours when finally they noticed debris everywhere, “Oh my God.” Sakura said as they came in view with a huge hole with a body in it, “Please don’t be anyone we know.”

They inched forward and were met face to face with an orange haired sound ninja just lying there in the rubble. They both took sighs of relief and looked at each other to press on. They got about 50 feet farther when they saw someone sitting against a tree, headband lying on their hand and head slumped forward. Rikku walked towards them.

“Chouji…” Her heart sank as she fell on her knees, “What the hell happened to you?” She tried to wait for a response but there wasn’t one. “Chouji…” She tried shaking him to wake him up but it was no use.

“This is bad. We’re barely far from the village. I’m going back to get a medical team. Go on ahead and see if you can find any of the others.” Sakura was gone in a blink of an eye as Rikku’s emotions began to get the best of her.

“You were his best friend. There’s no way he’d leave you to die. I don’t even know if he knows.” She cried to herself, “Don’t worry Chouji, you’re gonna be okay.” She hesitated to leave but knew she had to press on. There could be others down.

*

It was like a complete blood bath. The ninja just didn’t stop coming. Sasuke could only use his special technique so many times and Naruto was almost out of ammunition. Shikamaru was wounded and still fighting to survive. Kiba and Akamaru were left back to take care of one sound ninja and so was Neji.

“I don’t know how much longer we can hold them off.” Naruto said as his shadow clones were slowly dwindling down.

“I’m almost out of Chakra.” Sasuke breathed as he held onto the tree for support, “We’re outnumbered by a lot.”

Shikamaru looked up, “Yeah we are. But I made a promise to someone and I need to keep it. Plus, I’m not gonna watch my comrades die right in front of me. Now, let me think of a plan…”
Chapter end notes: I hope you all liked it! Please leave a review!