TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


To Save the Future by LexisRee

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Hi all!
Lex here,
I want you guys to know that Sakura will NOT be OP like mose "Sakura goes into the past and saves everyone with OP powers." This is my own story that will also be posted on my wattpad account.
Also!
All rights reserved where credit is due.
I do not own any of Masashi Kishimoto's work.
I only own my OC's, their plot lines, personalities, etc ...
I WILL be making the canon characters go OOC, I WILL be using Haruno Sakura as my main character, and I WILL be changing things around to fit my imgination.
I do not, have not, and will not ever steal and/or copy another persons work or ideas.
Thank you all for giving this story a chance, it means a lot to me, and I hope for feedback, yeah?(:
~Lex
Chapter notes: Disclaimer in "Story Notes"
I enjoy any and all feedback!
No, Sakura, will NOT be OP.
I hope you enjoy!
~Lex
Prologue

Sakura dropped to her knees, tears streaming down her face as she watched all the people she has loved and charished in her life die at the hands of the Gido Statue; the Juubi. Her mind kept repeating the same thing over and over, as if it were a sacred mantra. Kill me. Kill me too! I don't want to be here anymore. Kill me, kill me too! I don't want to be here anymore!

But she very well knew that at the moment, she was unable to be killed. She stood beside the now revived Uchiha Madara as he commanded the Ten-Tailed Beast to destroy those who opposed his reign. Her heart broke as she watched the two men she cared for more than anything in this world struck down and killed; Uchiha Sasuke and Uzumaki Naruto.

The tears started to fall harder with every second until she could shed no more. Her eyes were dull, empty, tired, lifeless. She was tired, tired with living; nothing more could affect her, for she no longer held the desire to care. Not even when Madara held a Kunai to her throat did she blink. Her head was empty of thoughts.

It would seem that the pink haired beauty no longer had a desire to live, and of course Madara could see it within her dull green eyes. Feeling pity for the first time in a long time, Uchiha Madara decided to grant her wish; sliding the kunai across her neck, he ended her life. Though what he didn't realize that in doing so, he just guaranteed his downfall.

It was then that the Shinobi Wold would be forever changed. Haruno Sakura may have passed on that day, but her past self still lives, and with a living past self, she now has the opportunity to fix the past and save the future.

-------

It was cold, dark, and empty. Sakura felt as if she were floating in nothing; there was no way to tell where or what she was. Though she didn't feel distressed, she didn't feel pain, nor did she feel any ill intentions in the air. It was refreshing. Having just came from a battleground with high tensions, this new atmosphere was truly something amazing.

Realizing that she doesn't know where she is, Sakura looks around, only to see darkness. There was no light, as far as she could see there was nothing but the color black. Even though the it was so dark, it seemed as if Sakura was bathed in light for the fact one could clearly see her figure.

Is this the afterlife? I always thought that I would be going with Kami, but I guess not. Sakura thought as she let herself drift further into the dark landscape.

My child, this is not heaven, nor is this hell. It is your psyche. There was a deep, soothing voice of a man echoed around the empty space.

Turning her head around, Sakura tried to find out where the voice came from, but she couldn't find them. Your child? My Psyche? You mean that this is my mindscape? And just who are you? Sakura wasn't frightened, just curious. She felt no ill intentions from the voice, though she did wonder why they called her "My child."

It was then that she heard another voice echo within her psyche. You know that old coot's just doing it for fun, it's not like he gave birth to ya or anything. This time, rather than the smoothing sound of the males voice, it was a heavy, seductive voice of a mature woman. Sakura could feel her confusion rising, but decided it was better to remove herself from her psyche before she spoke to the voices again.

Taking a deep breath, Sakura pushed away the growing sense of fuzzy unconsciousness, and broke through her psyche, only to see herself standing in a beautiful clearing. It was the most gorgeous thing she'd seen in all of her sixteen years of life, that's for sure. The clearing itself was dimly lit, though at the same time it looked as bright as day. There was no sun in the sky, nor was there a moon, Sakura's eyes widened at the scene in front of her.

Standing tall and proud in the middle of the clearing was the largest, most beautiful willow tree Sakura had ever seen. It was in the middle of a basin of water, right in front of a gorgeous waterfall. It was like Sakura stepped into a fantasy. Though what she never expected was the two figures sitting side by side right below the many hanging branches of the willow tree.

There was a man; he looked to be in his twenties. He had raven black hair, almost blue, much like Sasuke's, though his eyes were a sparkling blue, just like Naruto's. He was dressed in weird robes; they were gold, red, and black. He had a calming smile and beautiful features; like he was an angel almost.

There was also a woman; she looked about the same age as the man. Unlike the the guy beside her, the girl had bright blonde hair, much like Naruto's, but rather than gorgeous blue eyes, her eyes were a shimmering blood red, that could only be obtained by demons. Her body had to have been sculpted by the gods themselves, for she looked perfect. She too, wore robes, though her color scheme was different than the guys. She wore robes of white, green, and purple.

The two people standing in front of her, made Sakura feel inferior. Not so much as looks were concerned, but the way they radiated with power made the pink haired beauty feel like an insignificant child in their presence. But it would seem that they don't see any difference, for the fact that they look over at the teenager with smiles on their faces. "Why don't you come on over here, darling?" The girl says to Sakura with a bright smile.

Sakura nods her head and walks over, only to stop at the edge of the water basin. She looks down at her reflection, and what she sees is shocking; her body's different: it was as if she were five years old again! Sakura couldn't believe that she was a child again, for the fact that she knew she still retained her previous strength and knowledge.

Pushing the thoughts aside, Sakura made her way over the shimmering water and onto the dark bark of the willow tree and sat between the two figures, facing them.

"Who are you guys?" Sakura asked the two people in front of her as she fiddled with her red ribbon.

"We are the creators of your world, Sakura-chan." It was the male who spoke, he seemed to be the one usually in charge of the two, Sakura noticed.

"Creators? You mean like Kami and Jashin?" Sakura's small head cocked to the side at the question.

The girl giggled, then let out a laugh. Her voice was like chimes in the wind; beautiful. "Yup! That's right kid. Though, not many can guess which is which; who do you think's Kami and who do you think's Jashin?"

Sakura looked at the older woman in confusion, having thought the question obvious. "Well .. usually one would think that being a woman, you would be Kami, considering Jashin is a very masculine name, but that's wrong. You're Jashin," Sakura said pointing to the woman, "and you're Kami. I could tell by the way you guys act."

The two of them smiled warmly at the war veteran, and what they said next surprised the pink haired beauty. "That's right! You passed the first part of the test, you have to complete the next part in order to accept our mission for you, Sakura-chan. You think you can do it?" This time it was Kami who spoke, but Sakura felt something inside of her stomach turn. Test? She didn't want to fail, that's for sure. And what's this about a mission?

Seeing the confusion on her face, Jashin spoke up. "The mission we have for you is to send you back in the past. We want you to save the future."

A gasp escaped Sakura's throat at what she just heard. They want her to save the past? Why didn't they choose Naruto, or someone else? Sakura though, never spoke her thoughts, for she knew that they had their reasons.

Anchoring herself, Sakura nodded her head once. "I will accept what it is that I have to do. I will not let you down, Kami-sama, Jashin-sama." Sakura's firm voice echoed around the clearing. The two gods in front of her smiled warmly before, they too, adapted an emotionless facade.

"The second part of the test are the rules. You must abide by the three rules. If they are broken, you must appeal to us, and the rest of the gods." Kami said as he looked at the pink haired Kunoichi.

It was then that Jashin spoke up. "The first rule is made by you, the second by me, and the last by Kami. You understand right? The rules are laws. They musn't be broken."

Sakura nodded once again, and straightened herself out. She knew just what she was going to choose for herself. "I know what I want my as my rule." Sakura said to the two, and after receiving the go ahead, she spoke again. "I will be an orphan. I won't have parents, and I must be able to survive on my own without other's help until someone offers it in good nature; I will not accept help from those that are ill at heart."

Taking a second to look at one another, Kami and Jashin decided that the condition was good enough, so they nodded to the girl. "Very well." The two said in sync.

It was then that Sakura's world spun, turning black like before she met the two gods, though this time it was different. Before Sakura could question anything, she lost consciousness, right after seeing the bright green canopy of a forest
Chapter end notes: Thank you all for reading, it means a lot to me.
I hope for any and all feeback!
~Lex