TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I know I haven't updated in over a month and I'm sorry! Its summer break so hopefully I'll update frequently like I used to. Thanks for reading my story. I love all of my fans.
Kakashi’s POV


“She is fine. Her body is just exhausted from being in a jutsu. It wasn’t a genjutsu, it is hard to know until she wakes up. She has a fever because she slept on the cold floor for so long. She’ll be fine in a few hours.”

I sighed in relief. Lady Tsunade ran a thorough exam. She said that she’ll start checking on her every couple months. Her health had always been great, but when she is stuck in a genjutsu, or ninjutsu for long, she is vulnerable. Her blood sample will be locked and sealed away, her DNA is too valuable to be stored in the hospital. People like Danzo could be after it.

I touched her forehead, she still had her fever, but she stopped shaking. I’m never there to keep her safe. Its so frustrating. I wiped the sweat from her face. Her skin was sickly pale, I kept running through the people that could have done this.

The room door slid open with a loud bang before Soichi ran in, slightly out of breath. Eri came trailing him, along with Sakura. Eri went to tell Soichi not too long ago.

“What happened?” Soichi asked when he came to the other side of the bed.

“I found her this morning sprawled on the living room floor. She’s going to be fine."

Soichi put his hand over his eyes. "It's all my fault. I should have eaten dinner with her last last night. I should have protected her while you were gone."

“You couldn’t have known. The intruder entered without anyone knowing. It was probably someone from inside the village since the barrier squad didn’t sense and disturbance.”

I still found it odd. Kiyoko should have sensed someone going through her tree barrier. She should have been prepared and fought. By the looks of it, it was completely a surprise. What happened. I sighed, I wished she would wake up already.

Kiyoko slept for three more hours, before she finally began opening her eyes. I was sitting besides her on one side, while Soichi was sitting on the other side. Eri and Sakura left with my mother who came a while ago. They went back to the apartment to get a healthy feast ready. Please don’t let Sakura help with her herbal medicines. They are practically inedible.

“Hnn,” Kiyoko groaned. She brought her hands to her face.

“Its too bright in here,” She said quietly. Soichi pulled the blinds and curtains to block the sun.

“How are you feeling?” I asked. She finally opened her eyes and smiled a bit.

“You’re home. I’m glad you’re back safely.”

She squeezed my hand. This woman, why is she worrying about me right now.

“What happened?” Soichi asked.

Kiyoko’s POV

I sat up and surprisingly I wasn’t hurt. I felt completely fine, my head hurt a bit, but it would go away in a bit.

“Its not something I should say here. We have to be in a barrier that is soundproof and dark.”

Kakashi and my father looked concerned.

“Can I leave? I’m fine, I don’t feel ill at all.”

“But you looked so ill when I found you. You were pale, and had a high fever. Sleep more if you need to,” Kakashi said. I shook my head. I feel fine.

“I heal faster when I sleep. I’m all good.”

Lady Tsunade let me leave the hospital, and my father and Kakashi followed me to her office. I ate a quick sandwich on my way to her office. What happened to me was alarming, they had to know quickly. I was just glad that I wasn’t sore or hurt after experiencing that. Itachi must have put me to sleep to let him escape, if I could have fought the jutsu, I would have followed him. He knows a lot more about me than I do myself. I have to find out more about what my mother did with the records, and why? If she was able to do that, then what else was she capable of doing? Was she really not able to uncover the secrets in the book of the Three Doujutsus, or did she lie about that too? Yukiko Uchiha, my mom, just became a lot more mysterious. When we entered the building, Lady Tsunade guided us to a the basement. Four other ninja followed us.

“They’ll create a soundproof and dark barrier for us to talk in. No one will know about what we speak of right now,” Lady Tsunade said. We waited until the barrier was created and we took a set on the floor.

“After I got home from my father’s house, Itachi Uchiha appeared in my apartment.”

“What? Are you certain?” Lady Tsuande asked. I nodded.

“Yes, the chakra was the same. I knew it wasn’t a substitution. He was able to put me in a genjutsuninjutsu, so it was difficult for me to break it. He even admit that containing me was difficult. He and I talked about my mother.”

My heart and head raced with memorie of our encounter. My father rose an eyebrow.

“What does he know about Yukiko?” my father asked.

“He’s seen her files, and our files. My mother didn’t erase them from the world, she simply altered the minds of every person on the planet. She was able to hide the files by changing the minds of the person that looked at it. He has seen my mother’s files, in the Uchiha citizenship of the Leaf Village records. She must have wanted those records to be retrievable.The only way to read the files is to have the mangekyo sharingan. She’s much more powerful than anyone thought. He read her file and told me that she was able to master every technique that the Sharingan could have. Her sharingan abilities were feared all over the world.”

“Yet, no one remembers who she is because she’s altered the minds of everyone. That’s incredible,” Kakashi said to himself.

“But why would he tell you this? How do we know he is telling you the truth?” My father asked. I could tell by the look in his eyes that there were a million of questions running through his head. I haven’t had much rest of theories either.

“He’s realized that because of my lineage that I would become a threat. I believe he knows more about me than we think he does. Not only that, but he also wonders if I am able to awaken the Sharingan.”

“You? Awaken the Sharingan? Why has that never crossed our minds. Of course you have Uchiha blood running through your veins.” Lady Tsunade exclaimed.

“But it isn’t an easy process to awaken the sharingan. The Uchiha has to go through pain or extreme emotion. Yukiko awoke the sharingan at birth because she was very empathetic since the moment she was able to feel. She felt the pain she caused her mother and went through the pain herself. That is why having the Sharingan is double edged. They feel so much that they are cursed on burdening those emotions for the rest of their lives. We will not even think about trying to awaken the Sharingan in Kiyoko,” My father said urgently.

“He also pointed out that I have Senju blood in the same body with Uchiha blood. I don’t know why he said that, but he knows I am becoming a threat. He warned me to stay low before the Akatsuki find me making trouble. For the time being I think I should be assigned smaller missions.” I asked wisely. For now I was going to believe his bluff, and trust his words. The other Akatsuki could be a lot more dangerous and I didn’t have the time to get caught. For now I will have to concentrate on mastering Beast Mode.

“Yes. I’ll give you smaller missions. I’ll have to look through the Uchiha files once more with greater deal, but I doubt I will find anything, since I do not have the mangekyo.” Lady Tsunade said with thought.

“I doubt I will be much of use, but I’ll help you Lady Tsunade.” Kakashi said.

“I want you to go on ahead and train at Shikkotsu Forest for the time being. We’ll need you to be more prepared now more than ever,” Lady Tsunade instructed me. I agreed. We could all feel it, there was something coming soon. I didn’t know if it would be a good thing or not. We were let out of the barrier after Lady Tsunade knocked on the barrier a few times.

Kakashi, my father and I left the building while Lady Tsunade went to her office. She would call Kakashi in a bit, I had to go get a few things ready before going to Shikkotsu Forest. I had a feeling that I would be staying there for a more than a day. I saw Tomoko appear before me, and perched herself on my shoulder. I’m sure Sage Moriko and her were keeping an eye on me and listened to what we spoke about.

“You’re going to go train, aren’t you?” Kakashi asked as we walked to our apartment.

“Yes. I have to prepare myself. Its better that I’m prepared before things get sticky. We never know what the Akatsuki will do next. What if they are coming for me, right at this moment. I hate to feel like I’m running away from them.”

“No, its better this way. You’re a jinchuuriki too, your life is precious. It can really change the world, so you train hard for that mode. It’ll only be useful for us in the future. Make sure you rest and eat while you’re there,” Kakashi said as he opened the apartment door. I went to our bedroom and gathered my things. Tomoko waited patiently.

“For now I think it’ll be wise if you take the book of the three doujutsus with you. Its safer there,” Kakashi left the thick book on the bed.

“Stay there as long as you need to. If we need you, we’ll summon you back here. If we find anything we’ll send it to Lady Moriko.” Kakashi kissed my forehead and gave me a small smile. I knew he was worried about this who situation. Things could get messy if the Akatsuki come looking for me, but right now I need master beast mode as quickly as possible. I closed my backpack and transported to the forest. Things would be okay in the Leaf Village. I carried the book in hand as I walked to Lady Moriko’s office.

The hallway of the tree haven’t change at all. Nothing has changed since the last time I was here. Its crazy how much time I’ve spent here. I already mastered sage mode and wood style. All that was left was for me to master the beast mode. The vision can happen at any moment.

“Its been a while Kiyoko. Ready to get to work?” Sage Moriko asked me as I entered her office. I set the book in her office.

“As ready as I will ever be.”

Sage Moriko took the book and created a box for it and hid it inside the bark of home tree. No one would be able to get it without using woodstyle and only the two of us can get it out. It would be safe there in her office wall. I left my things in my room and followed Tomoko onto a branch. Sage Moriko was there already riding on an enlarged owl. Tomoko grew in size and I hopped onto her back before we took the sky.

“We are headed to a part of the forest you haven’t been to yet. Its very sacred and pure that no one is allowed there without permission. You’ll be the first one to use it since the beginning of this forest. Its beautiful,” Tomoko told me. We flew further away from the home tree and I began to see greener and denser forest. The air was so crisp and clean here. I wished Kakashi could see it. My hair was flying in the wind, I looked to the side, where Sage Moriko sat on her owl. Even she looked peaceful and content.

I knew where we were going to land before we arrived. From afar you could see the treeless circle. It looked like a praying circle. I felt the spiritual vibe radiating from there. Roots from the surrounding trees were intertwined like noodles. It looked like no one has set a foot there in ages. That probably was the case.

Tomoko stopped near the site and I hopped off. The ground here even felt different. The dirt felt holy, like it has not been stained with blood, ever.

“This is where we will begin your beast mode. If you haven’t noticed yet, this place has not been touched by war, or hate. This is the place where your true intentions will be revealed. You must overcome your ill feelings before proceeding in mastering so much chakra. After this, you and the tailed beast will train on your own. I won’t be much help after this.” Sage Moriko explained to me as we walked closer to the circle.

True intentions? Seems a bit more difficult than it sounds. We stopped at the edge of the circle. Sage Moriko waved me to enter onto the circle. Well I might as well get this part over with. There wouldn’t be a future for me if I don’t go on with this. I have to face my true intentions now.

I carefully walk over the roots and take a seat in the middle. It felt as if I was being sucked into my seat. There was a heavy energy beginning to radiate from the tree around me. I see the roots around me begin to move. They all crawled to me, and slowly climbed onto my leg. The roots began to wrap themselves around my body.

“Don’t worry. This process won’t kill you. It;ll be very exhausting if you’re in there for a long period of time. You’ll be wrapped in these roots. Relax and good luck. We’ll see you after your revelations.”

The roots completely enveloped in darkness. I wasn’t able to manipulate these roots with wood style. These roots were different. I sighed and relaxed. I began to feel warmness wash over my entire body. No one was here to help me with this, I was on my own.

“Ryuu?” I said into the silence.

There was no response. Nothing. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breathes. I saw Ryuu sleeping inside my head. The lack of barrier made it easy for me to get close to him. I knew he wouldn’t harm me. I walked closer to him, I looked down my feet were tiny. I looked at my feet were small as well. I was in my younger self’s body. Ryuu didn’t wake up when I got close to his feet. There were four feet with five tows. The nails were claw like. Ryuu was black.

My small hands touched his body. It was cold, but it wasn’t covered in scales. My hands felt the soft fur. Fascinating. Ryuu was so harsh, yet fluffy like a rabbit.

“Do you want to die?” Ryuu’s voice broke the silence.

“You’re so fluffy. You don’t look so scary after all.”

“Shut up! Get over there, before I rip you apart. Don’t talk about my appearance.”

I walked away from Ryuu and let him hide in the shadows. He must be an insecure. He growled when I tried to get close to him. He had always hated human interactions. Why? I didn’t know. Maybe today would be the day he talked about himself for once.
Chapter end notes: Thank you for reading!!! I'll try to write quickly.

Until Next Chapter!!!