TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Sorry that it has been so long since the last chapter. Sorry! Anyways here is the update..... ;)
He just stood there facing the window. He wore a green kimono, and had his hands behind his back. Lady Tsunade was shocked as well, we didn’t mention that he came into contact with him last time. Eri gasped and froze too.

“Wh- what are you doing here?” I asked. How does he know about the wedding? Why is he here?

“I’ve been keeping tabs on you. I just wanted to make sure you were safe, so I implanted a bug in the uchiha pendant that hangs from your necklace. I have been tracking the Akatsuki and I know that they are after people like you, so I want to make sure you’re not harmed,” He said as he finally turns around. His face was happier, and more at peace. Perhaps it was because he has finally seen his homeland, or perhaps it was because he has come to his senses. I didn’t believe it one bit. He was so calm, it made my skin shiver. I’ve never seen such a look on his face. He gave me a wide smile with those dark eyes. He’s never seen me like that, it was like he was finally acting like a true father. It made me angry. What right does he have to come and watch me at my happy moments but not at my bad ones? I didn’t know if I should be happy or angry? I was so confused.

“Why are you doing this? Why today?” I asked him.

“Its your wedding day. I have already missed everything else in your life. I was searching for myself when I returned home. Your mother would have wanted me to be part of your life, but I haven’t. I know that you might never forgive me for everything I have done to you, but if you can trust me just a bit I want to become a father that you deserve. I want to protect you for the rest of your life like I should have. Your mother would have wanted it.”

“Stop talking about mom! She isn’t here to turn back time and make everything right. She’s gone. I don’t know what to think right now,” I said. I felt like my head was just sitting there on top of my head not doing anything.

“Take a seat, Kiyoko” Kakashi gave me a chair. I sat and sighed. So much for an uneventful wedding. I just wanted to celebrate it with my friends, my loved ones.

“I can tell he is being genuine. His chakra is calm,” Ryuu said from inside me.

“So you think its okay to forgive him after all he’s done to me. If you haven’t forgotten he has tried to control you. He’s tried to kill me. And he has tortured me. Just because his intentions are well doesn’t mean I should just let him into my life again. I have to protect myself and my friends from feeling hurt.” I said to him. He sighed.

“Have you not forgiven me then? I have tried to kill you as well, I have killed people using your body. I am worse than your father and I live inside you. You’ve forgiven yourself, but you had that Kakashi brat to help you. You had the pink hair and the white skin kids too. You even had that Naruto jinchuuriki. I’m just saying that he is alone right now. We both know how it feels to be alone. You can save him from feeling so isolated.”

“Who would have thought you would be saying these words.”

“Shut up. I’m just reminding you. Tomoko and Sage Moriko have warned you before that if you can’t forgive then there will never be true peace in this world. Let grudges go, otherwise this world will come to an end and all you will feel is guilt.” Ryuu huffed. I almost cried to hear these words. Once a beast and hatred itself is now giving me wonderful advice. I never imagined Ryuu would be saying those words to me. He went back to sleeping in the free depths of my head. He wasn’t confined in a cage anymore because he has given up the hatred he has felt. I don’t know when it happened or how, but we have healed one another. I look up at my father that is now kneeling in front of me. He has his forehead touching the ground. It made me feel uncomfortable, and by the looks of everyone else in the room it made everyone feel off as well.

“Get up,” I said quietly. He rose and brushed his kimono. I looked at him once again. This truly was my father standing in front of me.

“Someone once told me that if I can’t forgive one person then this world will never be in peace. If in the future we want to love side by side with one another then I have to start learning how to forgive and let go of my grudges.”

My father smiled a bit, he even had a few tears in his eyes. I looked away, I didn’t want to see him cry. It made me feel closer to him when he saw emotion.

“I want to know more about mom. And I want to be able to see you walk around the village like this is your own home once again. I want to talk to you one day about missions over dinner. I want to do many things like father and daughter. I forgive you dad,” I said. It was hard to say it, but Tomoko and Ryuu were right. He was here to make amends. Who am i to deny him? My dad let the tears fall and nodded. He took my shoulders in his hands, which surprised me. I felt his arms circle around me and pull me into him. An action so foreign it took me a moment to actually know what was happening. My dad gave me a hug, it was the first.

My hands shook as I hugged him back. He tried to hold back his cries, but he failed. I too failed to keep my tears in. His tears wet my shoulder as mine probably ruined my make up. He smelled like wood, a familiar scent to me.

“You’re so much like your mother, so forgiving and kind. I’m sorry Kiyoko,” He said into my shoulder. We stood there for a few more moments until he pulled back. He quickly wiped his tears away. Eri gave me a cloth to wipe mine, my make up came off but I didn’t really care of that right now.

“Okay, I’ve taken enough time out of this wedding. Today is your day so...” My father said. Kakashi who stood back and watched my father and I, smiled. He didn’t look nervous anymore. He was relaxed and he took my hand and we stood closer to Lady Tsunade’s desk.

I could hear Ume crying in the background. I heard a snap of a camera go off. Trying to put the thoughts of my father aside I looked at Kakashi from the side. He looked like the same Kakashi to me but dressed differently. He is the man that I love either way.

“Well now without anymore distractions, we will begin with the procedures of marriage,” Lady Tsunade took out a few papers. She read out loud the information. I didn’t really pay very much attention to it. I heard a few things though. I was to take care of him, love him, respect him, support him through sickness and health. I was to be by his side through good times and bad ones. I agreed to change my last name to Hatake.

He promised to stay besides me as well. After she read the vows we signed our names at the bottom of the paper. With this we would legally become husband and wife. Ume cried harder as I put the pen down. I smiled, that was it. I am Kiyoko Hatake now.

“Now if you could please come forward with the rings,” She said. Ume brought forward the two rings. Lady Tsunade said a few more words.

Kakashi held my hand as he put my ring on. I smiled and held his left hand as I slid the silver ring on his fourth finger. He smiled at me and squeezed my hand.

“With this I pronounce you husband and wife. You can now kiss your bride,” Lady Tsunade said. Kakashi brought me closer and I slid his mask down. We kissed and I heard a few hands clapped. I was his wife now. I wiped the lipstick off of his lips and slipped the mask up his face. We both smiled as we bowed to Lady Tsunade for giving us the ceremony. Kakashi and I held hands as we exited the building. Ume, Eri and my father walked behind us.

“I didn’t get to tell you, but you look beautiful Kiyoko.” Kakashi said. He held my hand and helped me walk down the stairs without tripping.

“You look very handsome. If you were able to read my mind you would notice that I was saying that practically the entire time we were in the office,” I said. He laughed a bit. When our friends say us they erupted into loud clapping and whistles. Our group of friends threw handfuls of rice at us. I was blinded by flashes of hand held cameras. Congratulations were being spoken, my friends caught the attention of many villagers, who joined the festivity. I’ve never been the center of attention, but I didn’t mind sharing the spotlight with Kakashi.

“Lets get to the party. That’s where all the fun is at,” Eri said with enthusiasm. She and Rin led the way to our outdoor celebration location. Kakashi didn’t let my hand go even for a moment. Eri led us to the public park where they prepared everything in advance. When we got to our location, I noticed how much effort everyone has put into it. I could smell Eri, Ume and Hinata’s cooking. I don’t even know how they had the time to make so much food. There were white streamers hanging from tree branches, and a few lights when it got dark. There were tables and chairs set for people to eat. The center of the park was floored and a few instruments were laying around. Eri organized everything for me. I smiled, I didn’t really have to do anything, yet she managed to make my thoughts and ideas into reality. She truly was amazing.

“Come Kiyoko, Kakashi I set up a special photo booth for friends to take pictures. The cameraman will only be here for a few hours.” Eri said. We were dragged to a white background. There were fun cutouts on a table near the booth. Eri gave me Rin to hold as she went to grab Rokuro. I tried my best to make sure Rin didn’t ruin my hair any further.

“Everyone seems very excited,” I said to Kakashi. He nodded and looked with an affectionate emotion to his many friends.

“All that is missing are Naruto and Sasuke. I couldn’t wait long enough for them to come back. I’m sure they will forgive me for celebrating without them,” Kakashi said. He pinched Rin’s cheeks which got her attention and saved me from being pulled apart.

Rokuro and Eri stood on the outside of us and posed for a quick picture. Soon the line grew longer. All of my friends wanted to take a picture with us. Kurenai, Sakura, Ino, Tenten, and Hinata took a group picture with me. These were the girls that i fought along side and protected. Guy wanted to take a picture without Kakashi, which made Kakashi grumble a bit.

“I had to get one without Kakashi. My rival would steal the spotlight from me,” He said to me. Guy smiled besides me a congratulated me again on the marriage.

My father was the last one in line. He stood stiff and tense as if I will burst out any moment and make him leave the village. I wasn’t going to do that to him. I try to put myself in his shoes for a few moments. What if I lost Kakashi like he has lost my mom. I don’t think I would be able to look at the world so brightly either, but I wasn’t justifying his actions. He must have been lonely, and always being haunted by his past. I wouldn’t want to live like him. He’s suffered enough. It was going to be a bit awkward, but I’ll try to see him as my father again.

“Sir please stand closer to the bride please,” The cameraman said. My father cleared his throat and brought himself closer to me.

“If you’re going to want a good picture, you’re going to have to smile,” I said to him. He relaxed a bit when I talked to him. The cameraman snapped the picture.

“I know I don’t have the right to tell neither of you this, but take care of each other. Love is very important and delicate. I hope you tend and never abuse it,” My walks back to the table where he sat with Ume and Eri’s family. Eri didn’t look too happy to see him, but she was making an effort to not make it so obvious. Ume kept talking to him, she doesn’t really know everything yet, so they talked comfortably.

I’m not sure how many pictures Kakashi and I took with our friends but when it all ended I was very hungry. Kakashi and I began to sit with Eri and our parents, but she protested.

“The bride and groom sit right over there.” Eri pointed to the table at the edge of the little party. It was a bit more decorated than the other tables. She pushed us there where we were forced to sit and wait for our food. With us at the center of attention it was a bit awkward to see everyone staring at us.

“How am I going to eat with everyone staring at us?” Kakashi whispered to me. I thought of that, he never did reveal his face so openingly to so many people at once. I didn’t want him to feel so uncomfortable and not eat for the entire day.

“How about we make a clone and we can eat somewhere else. I’m sure they won’t notice right away,” Kakashi suggested.

“Or, we can just tell Eri that you want ramen for lunch. We can leave for a bit can’t we?” I said. He nodded. I don’t know why sometimes he made things more difficult than it seems. Eri understood the situation and she let us leave for lunch. Kakashi and i walked to the nearest restaurant where more stares were being directed at us. We ate at Ichiraku’s today.

“What is a bride and a groom eating at my restaurant on their wedding day?” he asked.

“Its the only best place to eat in town. We’ll have two bowls of the usual,” Kakashi said. Teuchi immediately went to work to make our bowls.

“What do you think about your father being here?” Kakashi asked me.

“I was shocked and angry at first. It was uncalled but Ryuu helped me forgive him. If I can’t forgive one person, how is this world going to heal? My dad has been in pain for a long time. Maybe I pitied him a bit, but I understand how lonely he must feel. If I’m not there for him like you were for me, then how will be become a better person? Who else will save him?” I said.

“I am lucky to have married such a kind person. You did the right thing. I feel his sincerity, and if he does anything to break it, I won’t give him a second chance, but I don’t think that will happen. I gave him a little talk before you arrived.”

In record time our ramen appeared before us. We ate quietly. I savored the taste of the ramen. Food always tastes better with company. It tastes even better if you eat with someone special. Teuchi refused to take Kakashi’s money after we ate. He said it was a wedding gift for us. After that we walked back to the party, where everyone was waiting for us.

“I’m a very lucky person Kakashi, aren’t I?” I said. Feeling a sense of happiness I’ve never felt before.

“Why do you say that?”

“Hmm, I have you as my husband now, and my father has changed his ways. I have friends that care for me and I live in a wonderful village. I am doing the occupation I have always wanted to do. My fate changed when chance brought Naruto in finding me. If that didn’t happen who knows what I would be doing right now. Who knows what the future would hold for everyone. I would probably say I am the most luckiest person on this planet.”

We arrived at the park where everyone was chatting and eating. They clapped when we arrived as if we were the celebrity of the town. The band was playing music and kids from the village were running around the park.

“Go on, have the first dance,” Eri rushed towards us.

“Eh? I don’t know how to dance.” Kakashi said. I nodded, I didn’t know how to dance either. Eri sighed and went over to bring Rokuro with her. Rin was busy playing with Ume.

“We’ll dance with you. Just follow our lead. I'll make a quick announcement,” She said.

“We invite everyone to grab someone and join the bride and groom for a dance,” She yelled. I watched as friends got up and made their way to the center where we all began to dance. Kakashi sighed and smiled a bit. He must have given in to Eri’s wishes. He brought his hands to my waist and pulled my closer. He took my right hand in his left one and we followed Eri’s lead. She swayed to the music. I made sure I held on to Kakashi’s shoulder. I tried to follow Kakashi the best i could, but I ended up stepping on his feet a few times. He chuckled it off, I was surprised Kakashi wasn’t a bad dancer at all. Has he really never danced before?

“Are you sure you’ve never danced before? You look like a natural, but me on the other hand... I won’t be surprised if your feet are bleeding by the end of this song,” I said. He squeezed my waist teasingly.

“Do I look like someone who danced very often? I guess I’m a natural at everything,” He smirked.

“Almost everything. You’re a mess in the kitchen,” I said. He laughed. I loved feeling so carefree right now. I wish this feeling never leaves. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on his shoulder. I wanted to memorize this forever. People’s clapping made me open my eyes and realize that my friends have stopped dancing and watched Kakashi and I instead. I felt my face burn a bit and I tried to hide it in Kakashi’s neck. He laughed nervously and the sudden attention.

“Eri stop embarrassing them, let them enjoy themselves today for a bit,” Eri’s mother said besides her. I was so distracted that I didn’t sense the many ninja coming to the Leaf Village at this very moment. I can see My father stand from his seat, his eyes were wide as well. We connected eyes immediately. We both knew who these ninja were. I felt afraid and angry. They were Moon Ninja. Was my dad just lying to me about changing, or does he really not have anything to do with this. Kakashi caught on quickly. I sighed, why does this have to happen on my wedding day.

“They are coming for me and my father.I can feel their chakra looking for us,” I whispered to him. He held my hand tightly, but let it go.

“I guess we’ll have to get a bit dirty today. I’m sure the barrier squad will notice them before they make their way inside the village. If they want to get in then they’ll have to fight their way in, but they are outnumbered.” He said. We walked over to my father. The crowd began to worry at the sudden change of emotion. Eventually a few of my friends caught the chakra as well.

“You-” Kakashi started.

“I don’t have anything to do with this. When I returned to the village I cut my ties with the Moon Village. But it seems that they are not ready to cut their ties with me,” He said and sighed. His long brown hair swayed in the wind, and he looked at the direction they were coming.

“I’ll deal with it on my own.” He said.

“You can’t. They are looking for both of us. They won’t stop with just you. I’m going too. Its okay if I get my dress dirty. Someone told me its good luck. I don’t see a bad thing in the future for us. This is my village so I’m going to protect it too.” I said. I grabbed my dress and made my way to the moon village ninja. I heard Eri yell at me, but I ignored her. Kakashi, My father, Sakura, Hinata, and Guy followed me. While I hopped from roof to roof I felt my hair come undone. My beautiful pins fell out. I’ll come back for them on my way back.
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading let me know what you guys think.
Until Next Chapter!