TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Another chapter! YAY! I hope you guys like it. Enjoy reading!
I waited for any news of the squad that was despatched for me. How could you go through a barrier so powerful as this one. Much less being chained, like the way I am. I can’t even feel Kakashi’s chakra at the moment. I demanded for food and they refused to give me even a bowl of rice. They didn’t want to me to gain any strength that could get me to break the jutsu. They were being cautious, but that wasn’t going to stop me.Twenty five minutes has gone by since I sent Tomoko to Kakashi. I have to get a plan myself to get out of here, but how could I if I couldn’t move my arms or manipulate my chakra.

“Do you want me to spell out the solution for you, brat,” Ryuu said from inside my head.

“What? You’ve had a solution in mind and haven’t told me yet. Ryuu come one we aren’t in the situation to play around. Tell me,” I say.

“You said to only speak if I had a solution and I was thinking if it would be successful or not. But I think it’ll work for a short amount of time before the chakra maintenance jutsu affects you. You can use your sage mode and break your way out of here. You’re limit is only ten minutes, so once there is word that Kakashi’s team are near, you enter is and bust some heads. After ten minutes though the nature chakra will not be able to protect you from the effects of the jutsus will affect you again. So between that time period you have to get out of here and as far as you can. I think I can help you and combine the nature chakra and my own during that time period so you’ve power will at least quadruple,”Ryuu said.

“Wow, who knew you could come up with such an innovative idea. You should help me out more on missions.”

“I don’t do work for charity. I just want to get out of Danzo’s grasp. Don’t get used to me talking so much,” Ryuu said harshly, but I knew he did it out of the kindness in his heart if he had one.

It was a brilliant plan, I was surprised. For now I’ll just wait for the ruckus to begin. It was the longest time in my life, but after a five minute time of waiting the ninja began to move around more. I heard orders being shouted, one of them being my transportation to a sealed area in the compound. I knew it was time to begin taking in nature chakra. This was going to be risky, but I had no choice. I would rather let a few ninja know of my new power than to be locked up like an animal for the rest of my life. Secrecy was the last of my priorities, and hopefully Sage Moriko doesn’t chew my head off for this too much.

It would have been easier if I would put my hands together, but I was still and that is all I needed. I began to gather nature chakra from around, immediately I felt the jutsu working on me. I could feel the burning sensation roll over my entire body, but it was soon soothed by the nature chakra. I felt cold and collected, I could feel the sweat drip down my forehead. Its never been this hard to concentrate nature chakra, but with a jutsu like this one slowing me I knew I would be able to break the chains in no time.

“Alright, lets get this show on the road,” Ryuu said. I felt his chakra begin to mix with my nature chakra at my core. I’ve never felt anything quite like it, it made me feel powerful, like he said. I yank my arms in and the chains come loose from the wall. I use a water whip to break the chains, and began to run to the exit I felt meters above me.

Three Root ninja were on me immediately, I curse and create a wood wall in front of them and push them to the wall. I wrap my wall around them and attach them to the ground wall. This way they can’t move for a while, I didn’t have time to fight all the ninja that were trying to stop me.

“How are you going to get through the barrier?” Ryuu asked as I created water torrent and drove into another ninja.

“Through the ground. Help me out will you?” I asked him.

“Its taking a lot of chakra to keep myself with you. The jutsu is hard to break through. I’m giving you chakra to use, since you didn’t have much to begin with. I can’t do much more brat,” Ryuu annoyingly said. I sighed, but let it go. I did feel his chakra help me, I wish I would know how to use it.

I felt more ninja running towards me rather than the barrier, I begin to transfer my chakra into the ground below me. I’ll just move through the ground right now. I was almost fully through when I feel a hand grab my hair and yank me back towards the surface. I was forced to surface, and I felt a headache already. Danzo stood before me, with cane and all.

“Looks like you found a small loophole to move around in, but that won’t be enough,” Danzo raised his cane in the air and brought in down. I moved to the side to dodge it, but this old man was fast and he tracked my movement. He tried to take my footage, but I was strong like the earth. Sage Moriko taught me.

“Are you a sage as well? Looks like you have control over the tailed beast chakra. You’re too dangerous to be left unsupervised,” Danzo said. I felt his chakra nature begin to become emboldened. He was creating a wind jutsu with his hands.

I create an earth wall and begin to take an offensive. I had to make a distraction to let me escape. I can’t spend too much time on him. I only have ten minutes in this state. That is too short for a fight against him.

I create a shadow clone and transform it into an earth spear. I send a barrage of them his way. A few ninja blocked them for him, it was an unfair fight. I send my transformed shadow clone with a few others and blend into the ground beneath me. I leave another shadow clone in my place. I move quickly and quietly through the ground, the exit was close. I had only five more minutes to spare, at the most. I could feel other chakras coming my way, among them I knew I felt Kakashi.

“Don’t get careless because you see your loverboy. Keep your focus, I still feel a few more chakras following us. Danzo among them,” Ryuu scolded me. I move quickly through the exit and see the outside. We were away from the Leaf, but we were in the forest. My kind of terrain. I feel my body become heavier as I get closer to the barrier. It was beginning to get a lot harder to breath and see.

“Its a genjutsu, release it,” Ryuu said. I do it and feel my chakra flow steadily flow. I hear Danzo grunt behind me, perhaps it was him that tried to put me in a genjutsu. He could with that sharingan he has under the bandage. I knew he would use it sooner or later.

“Sir there is a breach in the barrier. I believe its the Leaf ninja that came for the jinchuuriki,” one ninja said. With this sage mode I heard everything more clearly. I could even hear their breathing.

“Then if we must, use that jutsu on her is you can,” Danzo says. I wonder what jutsu they will try this time, but now I had to get as close as I could to Kakashi before my sage mode runs out.

A few moments later I see the ninja that spoke jump in front of me. I stop in my tracks and look that I have been surrounded. Danzo behind me and one to my left and right. I use a water whip and in a flash I grab the ninja on my left and swing him behind. Danzo ducks and dodges but I managed to hit the ninja on my right. I wrap my jutsu around them both and create a few spikes to keep them from moving too much.

I feel a hand reach for me and I try to move but my feet wouldn’t move. I tried to move my body but I couldnt either. Not even my arms. I look and see that the ninja has captured me in a shadow jutsu, and Danzo was standing in front of me. Who knew there were shadows at night. I curse and began thinking of a plan, I wasn’t skilled enough to create jutsus without using hand signs.

I slowly make my way under the ground again, but my actions are stopped again. I am immediately transferred into my inner psyche. I stood before Ryuu in the dark corner of my head. Ryuu growled and then I turn to see Danzo standing there as well.

“How are you in here?” I ask. How is this even possible. No way this is possible. It must be the sharingan.

“Its dark in here. Why don’t you brighten up the place,” Danzo said. He looked around and ignored my questions.

“In a state of danger, you come here for help correct? My, I wonder what kind of beast this one is?” Danzo took a step closer but I stood before him. He was not going to get the upper hand in my head. This is my space and I wasn’t going to let him come in here and ask questions.

“Why do you have that sharingan? Who’s is it?”

“Even if I tell you, you wouldn’t know the person. It happened a long time ago. I am impressed, normally I would be able to control the mind of my opponent without them noticing, but you did. You are skilled indeed. Not only that, but sage art as well. I might dare to say you may be stronger than the first hokage himself. Your genes are extraordinary, I must have a sample,” Danzo said.

“Is that how you manipulate people to your will. Using the Sharingan for your own personal pleasures, I can’t believe you are a trustworthy elder of the village.”

“You don’t even understand what you are saying. I protect the Leaf from the shadows. That is the reason I made the Root. That is why only the best are selected. That is why you must become a weapon. With you as an ultimate weapon, the Leaf village will never be attacked again. This kind of peace is what we all are looking for. And if you won’t come willingly then I must do it by force,” Danzo said. He struck first, and swung his cane at me. I grabbed it with my hand and pushed him back. I didn’t want him to see Ryuu, not if he was going to become a weapon. We weren’t going to hand him power.

“You’re peace is tainted like the shadows you hide in. Jinchuurikis are not made to be weapon. They are supposed to guard the power that the world wants to use. They are humans like the rest of us, I’m like you. Ninja will protect the village, the ultimate weapon will not bring peace. It was has only brought more conflicts. Power is not everything in this world.”

“You’re still a naive jinchuuriki. You have not experienced war first hand. Power is the only way to bring peace. Words can’t solve everything, it never has and it never will. There are too many grudges to bring the peace you have in mind. No one will ever follow your version of peace. It simply doesn’t exist in this world.”

“Then I’ll create it.” I say. I grab Danzo’s cane and pull it up to give him a hit on the chin. He stumbles backwards and tried to grab his footing. I take the opportunity to give him a hard hit to the gut. While he tries to gather his breath I create a water whip and wrap it around his body.

“You can’t create it, especially not a beast like you.” His body disappeared from my head, and I was brought back into reality. The shadow user has been broughten down, and Danzo cursed.

“Kiyoko!” I heard Sakura yell. She stood besides the fallen shadow user, she must have landed quite a few punches on him.

“I don’t think I have a lot of time-” I begin to say, but I was cut short. The fire sensation erupted at my core. Immediately the pain felt unbearable, it was like I was lit on fire. My sage mode was gone and now the jutsu was coming with a vengeance. I try to keep my footing, but I drop to the floor like a sack.

“Kiyoko. We’re here. What’s wrong. Look at me,” I saw Kakashi touch my face, but my vision was blurry. The pain was too intense. Can someone throw me into a bucket of ice cold water.

“chakra... jutsu,” I tried to say, but my throat felt like someone put a hot iron down it. Kakashi looked worried, I wanted to tell him that I was okay, but I couldn’t.

“We have to get her out of here. I can’t hold them off for too long,” I hear Neji say. I wonder who else came.

“I’ll give her some medical aid on the way back. Lets go. Captain Yamato and Sai are keeping the barrier open for us. Lets not keep them waiting,” Sakura said. Kakashi took me in his arms and we began to move. I watched as Neji and Sakura blocked all incoming objects and enemies. I didn’t know if Danzo gave up on keeping me here or if Neji and Sakura have grown in skills. I wonder how many times has it been that someone had to come rescue me. You would believe that I’m powerful and unbeatable with all the chakra I have, but its worthless unless I know how to use my jutsus correctly. I still have a long way from mastering sage mode thats for sure.

“Kakashi,” I tried to tell him about Danzo, but I ended up coughing.

“Don’t talk if its too hard for you. You can tell me later, right now we have to get out of here. Did they do anything to you?”

I shake my head, Kakashi sighs a little bit he keeps moving. I begin to feel a strong chakra change around us. Like Danzo’s sharingan. He can’t be planning to use the sharingan now, can he? When there are other ninjas around, is he trying to get his secret exposed.

“Kakashi... Danzo... genjutsu. Must release now,” I said in bits. He looked back and then down at me. Sakura heard me and she released the genjutsu, Neji followed, and I felt the jutsu struggle to keep its grasp on us. Danzo can’t let go easily.

“Are you guys okay?” I heard Yamato’s voice from a far. We must be close to crossing the barrier.

“I believe so. We have to close the barrier as soon as we cross. It’ll delay the ninja coming after us even if it is for just a few seconds,” Neji said. I closed my eyes and tried to somehow make the pain go away. I felt like I was going to vomit at any moment.

“Sorry, Ryuu it must be hurting you as well.” I think, but I don’t hear a response from him.

“Okay the barrier is up again. I’ll make a few birds for us to get out of here quickly. We’ll have to fly low to the ground, they can shoot us down with jutsus if we are in their line of sight,” I heard Sai said. Soon I felt Kakashi stop running, and it felt like we were flying on one of his jutsu animals. I felt Sakura kneel besides me. I felt her hands over my stomach and then I feel the medical aid begin. It burned more ferociously as she emitted her chakra. I opened my eyes and watched her, I grabbed her hands and pushed them away from me.

“It hurts. More chakra... more pain,” I managed to say. Sakura stopped her first aid.

“What? Chakra is causing you pain?” Sakura asked. I nod.

“What kind of chakra? Did they put a jutsu on you?” Kakashi asked. I nodded again.

“It must be a chakra maintenance jutsu. If Kiyoko uses or receives chakra it feels like fire is consuming her body. Right now she must be in a lot pain, that is if she used jutsus to fight and Sakura’s medical aid. We have to remove the jutsu first. She can’t recover with it on,” Yamato said from the other bird.

“Do you know how to remove it?” Kakashi said. I felt a few sweat drops land on my cheek. Kakashi looked frantic almost. He wiped his sweat drop from my face and gave me a small smile.

“I do, but we must perform a ritual before removing it. We can’t do it while we are moving. I have to do it in the Leaf Village,” Yamato said.

“But she’s in pain Yamato. We have to remove it as soon as possible. Neji do you see anything through your byakugan?” Kakashi said.

“No I don’t. We are moving quickly so I think we are clear,” Neji said.

“Alright then we can stop to remove the jutsu,” Kakashi said.

“Kakashi, we have to get to the Leaf Village first. We can’t stop-”

“We’re stopping. Sai bring us down. We-”

“Kakashi. I’m okay... can endure for a bit,” I said. I grabbed his hand and looked up to his eyes. Both the sharingan and his onyx eyes didn’t believe me, but he swallowed his emotions and squeezed my hand. The burning sensation was painstakingly slowly decreasing. It now only felt like I was steaming me alive, and not boiling. So that’s an improvement. I don’t know how long we rode on the back of the ink bird, but I soon smelled the familiar air of the leaf village. Kakashi looked ahead besides me and held my hand through the entire journey. I must have brought him a lot of worries.

“Lets get off here, first we’ll report to Lady Tsunade then we’ll remove the jutsu,” Yamato said. Kakashi carried me, and the group walked to the office. I was beginning to get sleepy, I couldn’t keep my head straight after so much pain and exhaustion. It must be early in the morning, because the sky still had a few stars shining in the light sky. The villagers would be awakening from their sleep at any moment now.

Sakura opened Lady Tsunade’s office. I just wanted to get some rest and probably forget for a while about the pain.

“Don’t sleep Kiyoko,” Kakashi whispered. I try my hardest to follow his orders.

“Thank goodness you were able to get her back. How is everyone?” I see Lady Tsunade come over to us.

“They cast a jutsu on her to prevent her from using chakra. And its painful for her to receive and use chakra. We have to remove it quickly,” Yamato informed. Lady Tsunade frowned but nodded.

“Alright, you three are dismissed.” She said to Sakura, Sai, and Neji.

“If I can help with anything-” Sakura began.

“No Sakura. You must be tired from releasing a powerful genjutsu. Without your resistance this mission would have been difficult. Get some rest, all of you. Leave this to us,” Kakashi said. Sakura sighed but left with Neji and Sai. Kakashi followed Lady Tsunade and Yamato down the hallway into a large spare room. I hope they were finally going to release this jutsu. It felt like a hot cage, I couldn’t move in my own skin.

“As cruel as this is going to sound, Kiyoko is going to need to be awake during this, and it will be painful, but its the only way. They must have put the jutsu on her while she was unconscious, or I would think she would have put a fight to stop them.” Yamato said as I was placed on the hard ground. I’m sure whatever the procedure is I will able to take it. I’ve been through this much already.

“The release of chakra that is keeping the jutsu intact will be the most painful part, just letting you know Kiyoko,” Lady Tsunade said. Lady Tsunade and Yamato began to write signs with their blood. Kakashi took my headband and shoes off. I laid still as they prepared for the dispelling. I knew they told me it would hurt but I still didn’t want to feel this. I wished I was asleep.

“Don’t you worry. Danzo’s actions will not be left unchecked. He will be punished for his actions. For now we will take a step at a time,” Lady Tsunade said once more before she covered my forehead with a wet cloth. She proceeded by setting wet cloths along my body. It would help with the burning sensation when it began.

I felt Kakashi’s hand hold my right one, and then I felt Lady Tsunade and Yamato get close to me. Lady Tsunade sitting above my head and Yamato at my feet. I closed my eyes and felt Lady Tsunade place her hands on my heads.

I thought the pain of burning was worse electrifying, but I was wrong. This pain was bonecrushing, every nerve of my body contracted. My bones felt like iron, and my muscles like lava. Kakashi squeezed my hand in return.

“Is she okay?” I heard Kakashi say. “This can’t be healthy for her. Lady Tsunade, please.”

“I’m doing this as quickly as I can! Just a bit longer! Yamato, ease up a bit.”

I was beginning to lose my senses. My body was beginning to go numb, I don’t know how long I can stay awake. I have to concentrate, just the feeling of Kakashi’s hand was making this just bearable.

“Its almost over. Just a few more points,” Yamato said. Kakashi put a cloth in my mouth, to keep my from breaking my teeth.

I felt my chakra beginning to connect once more, and Ryuu’s presence became more apparent. The last of the jutsu removal was the most painful, it was like a white pain. There was nothing to describe it, but numbness and heat. After that wave of pain I slipped into the dark, where I could finally recover.

Kiyoko’s POV

I wiped Kiyoko sweaty forehead with a dry cloth. Lady Tsunade has given her a look over, saying that everything looked back to normal, but she was beyond exhausted.

“I’ll be going then,” Yamato said. He rolled his shoulders from the stiffness of removing the jutsu.

“Thank you,” I said. Without him and Lady Tsunade I don’t how we would have removed the jutsu. I sighed, if only I was more skilled, than I could have been more helpful. If only I could have saved her from being abducted in the first place.

“What are you still doing here? Get her home and get some rest yourself. Bring her after she has wakes up so she can tell me what happened,” Lady Tsunade left the room after that. Kiyoko now slept soundly in front of me, her cheeks her rosy red and her complexion slowly returning to its natural color. The thought f never seeing her again, was heart wrenching. I never gave it much thought, but I see now that I would do anything for her. I love her, and I’ll kill anyone who wants to harm her in anyway. I want to stay by her side forever. These feelings were strange, they made me feel like crying for some reason.

I grabbed her things and then I carried her in my arms. Her black hair swung from side to side as she laid her head on my shoulder. It looked like Kiyoko would not mind to spend the rest of her life along side me either. After so much that she’s been through it astonishes me how strong she is to withstand it all. She’s just learned her true past and her reason for being here. I’ve never met anyone so strong and selfless. We arrived to our house at daybreak. The streets began to fill with villagers and academy students.

I laid her in bed after I changed her into clean clothes. She always had to sleep in clean clothes at the least, I’ve noticed that since the moment she began living with me. That was the best thing I ever did in my life. I let her rest as I found relaxation in the shower. For now I didn’t have to worry about Danzo attacking again, he wasn’t a fool to strike twice after getting caught, but I did worry about the future. I wonder if he would come for her in the future? Would I be there to stop him?

Gah, so many questions. I need to talk to my mother. She always seems to know what to say when I need help. I don’t want to make Kiyoko worry with this. When I showered, my mother stopped by. She smiled and said good morning.

“You’re up early. Where is Kiyoko,” She said and took her shoes off. I saw that she had a few ingredients in her bag. I noticed my mom loved to make breakfast, and Kiyoko’s favorite meals to cook are dinners.

“She’s still sleeping. We came back from an overnight mission, so she’s really tired.”

“Really? The you sleep to. I can come back later if you want,” She said.

“No, its okay. I’m not as tired as Kiyoko. She did all the work on this mission. I have a few things I want to talk about with you.”
Chapter end notes: Thank you lots for reading. Let me know what you guys think.

Until Next time

"All I've been doing is watching you two from behind... now, get a good look at my back!" - Sakura