TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here is another chapter! Its a little filler, sorry.
I spent my night watching over Ume. I faded in and out of sleep, but every time I woke she was the same. I held her hand, I wanted to know there was someone here for her. Eri came in the morning with Rin.

“Has he come around?” She asks as she hands me breakfast that she made. I shake my head. Not when I was awake and I doubt he came to see her while I was asleep.

“He’s as stubborn as an ox that Kakashi. If you want I can give him a little talk, i’m sure then he’ll come see her.” Eri nudges my shoulder.

“If only it was that easy. Its been hard for him and for Ume. I don’t want to push him, but if she doesn’t wake up soon. I will make him come here to see her. If I had a chance with my mother I would have done it,” I tell her. He’ll come to see her on his own will, won’t he.

“I have to get home, Eri. Thank you for the breakfast, I’m gonna go see my stubborn ox.”

“Good luck.”

I roll my stiff neck as I walk the vacant streets. It was early and I bet Kakashi was still sleeping. I felt a bit guilty, leaving him to sleep on his own and eat dinner on his own. If I was in his position he wouldn’t have left me like I left him. Gosh now I feel like such a lousy person. He’s been through so much and I left him. I picked the wrong side didn’t I?

I opened the apartment door and it felt cold inside. I took off my shoes and went to our bedroom. I see him in a bundle of blankets. Normally he was such a peaceful sleeper but he looked like he’s had a very thoughtful night. I swallowed my tears when I got closer and realized that his eyes were a bit red. He cried and I wasn’t here to hold him. I don’t deserve to be with him. I run my hand through his hair, I feel him come closer to my body. I scoot in bed and feel him snug together with me.

“You’re home,” I hear him whisper.

“I am. I’m sorry Kakashi,” I say. I hug him closer, “I shouldn’t have stormed off and left you. It was selfish of me. I didn’t think about how it would have affected you. I don’t have to go see her if you don’t want me to.”

“Is- is she okay?” He says into my neck.

“No she isn’t. She’s in a coma state right now. The doctors don’t know when she will wake up, if she does. They don’t know how she will recover.”

I can feel him clutch his fists, hopefully this means he is debating whether or not to go see Ume. I stayed in bed with Kakashi until I was forced to get up and go train with Sage Moriko. She was at least sympathetic. She went easy on my today, but my mind wasn’t in the Shikkotsu Forest, they were with Kakashi and Ume.

Kakashi’s POV

The house fell into silence again when Kiyoko was summoned to her training. With silence I was forced to think about my options. After what Kiyoko told me about my mo-mother, she wasn’t doing too well. For some reason I felt at fault. Maybe I was the reason that she was in the hospital. Before I could realize where my legs were taking me, I stood in front of the hospital. My heart raced, if I didn’t care for her then why do I stand here? Kiyoko’s words rang in my head. I’ll regret it for the rest of my life if I don’t see her. I’ve lived with enough regret, I’m not sure if I can carry another one. I tried to swallow my fears, and I slowly made my way inside.

“What room is Ume Miyahira staying in?” I ask the front desk. I was tempted to leave right then, but I needed to go see her. I know I did, Kiyoko would leave again if I didn’t. They tell me the room number and level. I felt like the walk there was just a few steps from the front desk, it wasn’t enough time to gather my thoughts. I take a deep breath and slide the door open. I thank the heavens, no one was here at the moment.

I take a look at her. She really did look horrible. Almost as bad as Kiyoko when she was rescued from the Moon Village. My mother’s cheeks were hollow, and her skin was pale in color. Her fade brown hair looked thin and dull. The life was barely in her.

I took her cold hands in my shaky ones. This is what they usually do right, hold hands. I always held Kiyoko’s, just to let her know I was near.

“I don’t know why I am here,” I whisper to myself. Kiyoko told me to tell her how I felt. I’m not good at those things though. I’ve never been.

“I doubt you can hear anything I’m saying.”

The heart monitor kept beeping without rest, it made the silence feel louder. Ever since Kiyoko came into my life I didn’t have much silence and independence. I never realized that I was better off in the laughter and noise of friends than alone like I usually did. Now I can’t stand being engulfed by the silence. I had to fill in the quietness of the room. I can feel my throat beginning to close at the thought of saying my feelings. They were easier to think than to say out loud.

“I have so much to tell you. I wanted to say it when I had the chance and when you would clearly understand but I was too afraid to say it when I had the opportunity,” I swallow my tears that we beginning to fall.

“I hate you for leaving me with my father. I hate you for the excuse you gave me. I wonder now that if you never left would I have been different. Maybe my father would still be alive, maybe Obito and Rin would still be alive too. I wonder all these things, but I hate myself the most for blaming my failures on you. You know I’ve had dreams about our life when I was younger and I still do sometimes now. I see myself, still in the academy, and there you are with a large smile on your face, sending me off to school. I was so happy because you packed me a lunch too. Dad was there too, he was heading on a mission, you gave him a goodbye kiss and wished him luck before he waved and smiled back. It was so perfect, I knew it was dream because it was too perfect. Every single time I had those dreams I would wake up with cheeks ache because I was smiling so much.

Kiyoko told me that you left and came back into my life for a reason. I don’t what those true reasons are, and I’m sure I never will, but I’m still hurting. I still can’t think why you would leave your three year old son behind. Was I not a good child like you said? Did you get fet up with me and wanted to start a new life somewhere far away from me? I can’t explain this feeling, but I sense that all of this was my fault. I’m sorry if I didn’t turn out to be the son you wanted. Maybe that’s why you left and went away to try somewhere else. I don’t know what spot you have in my life anymore. I don’t know how it feels to have a mother, it will take time to get used to the idea of my mother being alive and near.

I never knew how it felt to lose you, because you were always lost to me. I never felt the pain of losing you, mom, and I don’t want to feel it. I want to know what you like to do. What is your favorite color? How do I tell if Kiyoko is okay? I’m sure you women have a trick to figuring these things out, right? What is your favorite flower? Were you ever a ninja? How did you and dad meet? I have so many questions to ask you. I want apologize to you, I wasn’t listening to you. If it wasn’t for Kiyoko, I don’t think I would be here talking to you like this. I want to talk and brag to you about how great she is because I’ve never had someone to do that with. I want my mom in my life, if that’s possible. Please, don’t leave me again.”

I felt out of breath by the time I end my rant. I wasted my breath, I don’t think she heard me. I said them, but I still regret not coming to her sooner. I hold her hand to my face, she was so cold. If her monitor wasn’t beeping I would have thought she left us long ago.

Kiyoko’s POV

I was sent back to the Leaf Village a few minutes after I arrived to the forest. I couldn’t focus to train, and it would be waste of time for me stay there, so Sage Moriko sent me home. Kakashi wasn’t home when I arrived. The apartment felt cold, like he left a while ago. I went to Eri’s house first but she said she hasn’t seen him come around. For now I guess I’ll go visit Ume. I didn’t like her being alone, and Kakashi didn’t seem to mind me going to visit her. Last night he actually sounded a concerned for Ume. When I walked down the hallway my heart leapt when I saw a familiar figure sitting on the ground across from her door. It was Kakashi.

“Kakashi.” I say and he looks up. He seemed like he cried a little, but then I heard commotion in the room.

“What’s going on?”

He get up and swallows, he was barely keeping it together.

“I went in to see her and then I told her what I felt. I did what you told me to do, and then. Then the machine went haywire. I don’t know what is happening to her. The doctors haven’t let me in.” He seemed out of breath. He really was worried about her. I hug him, and his frail state. I’ve never seen Kakashi like this.

“It’ll be okay. As long as you told her, I’m sure she listened to every word you said. I think she’s fighting to see you again. She loves you Kakashi.”

I felt him grab onto my back, like he was making sure I don’t disappear. We sat on the ground, we stayed there for hours and Kakashi eventually fell into a very deep slumber. He was heavy on my shoulder, but I kept still and let him rest. At last the doctor and nurse came out of the room. They didn’t look sad, so perhaps she’s okay.

“She’s over the worst. She is responding more to her surroundings, but she is still not conscious. What Ume needs is rest, and the rest of her recovery is up to her.” The doctor spoke silently, he didn’t want to wake Kakashi.

“Thank you doctor,” I say. The smile and leave us there. I smile and squeeze Kakashi’s hand. I’m so glad things are getting better. After a few more minutes Kakashi wipes the sleep away form his eyes and wakes.

“How is she? Have they come out yet?”

“They left a few minutes ago. She’s passed the worst, all we can do is let her rest.”

He sighs in relief. I think Kakashi and his mother will have a bright future together.
Chapter end notes: I'm sorry its not exciting like other chapters and its short too. Sorry! Let me know what you guys think!

Until next time!