TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I'm so sorry for the long wait, and I'm sorry of the kind of short chapter. I didn't want to make you guys wait too long. A very busy time is ahead of me so be patient with me. I hope you guys enjoy it, I didn't go into detail like I would, but it is what it is.
The next morning was a blur, the sudden promotion hasn’t entirely sinked in. But that morning I went in and turned in a written report on yesterday's event, along with Kakashi who wrote what he found on the Akatsuki sighting. It was like any other morning, but I was a jounin now.

Sakura was there in Lady Tsunade’s office, she greets Kakashi and I as we walk in. Lady Tsunade and Sakura leave while we submit our reports, Sakura was training for her medical ninjutsu. She was trying her best too.

“Now that you are a jounin, lets see just how much you’ve improved. How about a little dual?” Kakashi asks, as we walk the streets after breakfast.

“Unlike shogi, I’ll win this time. What are you going to buy me if I win?” I smile.

“Must everything be a bet to you? How about the winner gets bragging rights, and just to give you a little motivation I’ll even throw in a free kiss,” Kakashi says confidently. I feel a blush creep on my cheeks with the offer. I didn’t mind that if it was the prize.

“Does that mean I have to pay other times?” I ask him. He chuckles quietly, shaking his head. We were together, it was a new feeling being together with someone, romance was never something I would have expected in the Leaf, well not so soon. I was glad nothing has changed between us, other than the fact that we have more trust in each other now. He was keeping my secret, but I don’t know what I do for him. Have I changed his life like he has changed mine?

Kakashi leads the way over the roof tops to the open training ground, home to much of my training.

“Anything goes, the winner must get the other to fall first, no rules, you know the rules,” Kakashi says, as he lifts his forehead protector from his eye. This time it was different, I was stronger and he wasn’t going to hold back. His sharingan was bright in the light, I wasn’t too familiar with it just yet.

“Go!” Kakashi says and then vanishes in a puff of white, that is one thing that I have yet to learn. I want to vanish in a white puff. Kakashi is no longer in sight, but I know he’s somewhere close by. I try to sense his chakra, I know he won’t be too stupid enough to hide underground, I can easily detect him then. and among the forest isn’t a great spot either, I can find him there too. There really isn’t a good place to hide from me, not anymore.

He hides behind a tree at the edge of the forest, his hiding spot is too easy to see. I blend into the ground beneath me, moving underground to surprise him. I can tell that he has noticed my absence from the center of the field. He had his stance ready for any attack but, my plan was to use my wood technique and trap him. It was safe enough to use, no one else was around, and I could sense anyone who would be hiding.

I slip undetected, through the ground I attach my energy to the tree Kakashi hid behind of, slowly branches grew around him, but he takes action quickly, and cuts the thin branches from his leg.

“I’ve been around Yamato for many years, wood technique doesn’t catch me off guard anymore, Kiyoko,” Kakashi says and stands firm. I materialize from the tree, realizing just how difficult winning this match will be. How on earth did I ever believe I could win against him months ago. His sharingan sees more than what any regular person can see. I bet he can see where I was coming from too.

If there is no point in tactics and sneak attacks then I’m going to face him head on. Kakashi attacks first this time, he throws a punch aimed to my head, but I dodge it by ducking down. He has anticipated that move from me, and crouched to give me a kick. I grab hold of his ankle, and throw him to the side. He stands, but we stand in front of one another, Kakashi smiles. We were evenly matched, maybe I have caught up to him, after months of hard work, and I can’t imagine all of the work that still awaits me.

He tries again this time trying to catch me off guard by kicking my legs under me, and I see that he was forming a chidori in his hand. I jump from his legs, and I create a wall between us. I envelop my wall with my chakra, this way even lightning won’t be able to get through this wall. I create a clone while Kakashi strikes the wall, a big cloud of dust enveloped the air around us. I become one with the ground beneath me and leave my clone behind. I move faster this time to keep him from noticing me. I strike above me where he stands, my fist makes contact with his jaw. He falls to his rear end and I go back over ground. Did I really just beat Kakashi, I wait for the poof of a clone or a substitution jutsu, but there is none.

“You sure do pack a powerful punch,” Kakashi rubs his jaw.

“Oh I’m so sorry, I-I, you said to come at you with everything I had every time we battled.” I kneel where he laid. If I would have known it would hurt him I would have laid off the power a bit. I didn’t want to hurt Kakashi.

“I would have been angrier if you hadn’t. You’ve come a long way, you can stand on your own, even against a jounin like me.” Kakashi sits up.

“Maybe we should get you some ice for your jaw, I could go get it,” I tell him and get up from my knees. Kakashi grabs my hand to keep me in place.

“We’ll go once you get your reward,” he says. I remember my reward, a kiss, and bragging rights, but right now I had a feeling my bragging rights would come later. I feel my face get warmer, I wonder if this will happen every time Kakashi does this to me.I let Kakashi pull me to him and let my lips touch his bare ones. I move my hands to touch his face, to hold his face like he holds mine. He flinches when I touch the sensitive spot on his jaw.

“Sorry,” I say again. Kakashi pulls his mask up, and finally gets up. He helps me to my feet.

“As the winner, and a kindhearted woman, Kiyoko you must tend to my wounds,” Kakashi says with a bit exaggeration. I laugh, Kakashi’s fun side is a side I want to see more of.

“It would be a pleasure to tend to your wounds, Kakashi,” I bow, and lead the way home. At home, I get him a pack of ice, I could tell that there was going to be a bruise where I hit him. I still feel bad about, tonight I’ll treat Kakashi to whatever he wants, just as an apology.

“Was that sighting of the Akatsuki real?” I ask and hold the pack for him. Kakashi laid on the couch, looking very pleased with my services. I didn’t mind doing this for him, I was at fault. Kakashi sighs.

“Yes, it was. Thankfully it wasn’t a confrontation mission, we were just sent out to do some reconnaissance,” Kakashi’s mood gets serious, but he puts his hand over my own to keep me calm.

“It looks like they are after power, and I believe that they seek the tailed beast,” he says softly, like if that would help me worry less.

“Like Naruto,and I. They are after us, hunting us down like animals,” I whisper between us. It was sick to think that they hunt people, that organization was pure evil, and to think Itachi Uchiha is among them. There was nothing worse than betrayal.

“But we won’t let them take you or Naruto. Not without a fight, I won’t let them near my student or you. That is why I’m training hard with my Sharingan, and you focus on becoming a sage, and all the things you need to do to save the world of destruction because I can feel it. This world will need someone strong to save it. It’ll be the Akatsuki behind it, I think they will disrupt the fragile balance we have now,” Kakashi says.

“Right, and-” I begin to say.

“Are you two done?” I hear Tomoko say from behind. She was on the side of the couch, enjoying herself.

“What? When did you get here?” I ask Tomoko. I need her to teach me just how she manages to sneak up on me, I’m getting better at sensing chakra everyday. But I think about it now, I am always distracted in thought when she shows up.

“If you don’t mind Kakashi, I’ll be stealing her for the rest of the day. We have a lot to work on,” Tomoko says with a smile. Kakashi sits up, keeping the ice pack on his bruised cheek. He gives my hand a squeeze, and then I am transported to Shikkotsu forest.

“You’ve had fun and games, but we really need to start grilling you on wood mastery. We have about five more months before we need to start on sage art. So lets get cracking,” Tomoko says as she leads the way to home tree. Sage Moriko stands there, I greet her.

“I saw what you’ve managed to accomplish. Some would argue that you may be a greater water user than the second hokage. Of course you’re not there just yet. You were born for many great things Kiyoko. So let us begin with mastery over wood,” She smiles. Just the thought that I may be greater than the first and second hokage was unthinkable. They founded the hidden Leaf Village. I see it now, the greatness I am supposed to achieve and the responsibility. Even if I do not believe in myself at times, I see that I have friends that do.

Training wasn’t hard, even if I did battle Kakashi earlier. And the three wood techniques that I know were easier to handle. Tomoko and Sage Moriko weren’t grinding on me anymore, my pace of training was good for them. They gave me pointers on how to adjust my jutsu, it was a lot less stressful than the last few months. I even went to have a little session with Yuudai, the treeman.

“Well your aura is much more... brighter, and cleaner. Seems like you’ve stabilized yourself,” he says as I sit in front of him. His stench is still repulsive. I have gotten used to myself and my surroundings, it makes sense that he’s noticed. He is one with nature after all.

“So have you considered releasing your grudges?”

“I’ve given it thought, but it is not so easy. I know that grudges prevent healing and that is why we have so many problems. And that to become the savior of the world I must forgive and try to lend forgiveness to others so that we can finally find peace. We have to try to understand one another to find common ground and get to a mutual agreement,” I tell him. Yuudai’s branches droop, but he doesn’t disagrees with me.

“If that is helping you find the answer to true peace then trust yourself and follow what you believe it right. If you make a mistake then just start again, but you’ll have to face yourself to control the beast. It is an inevitable fight that you must win,” Yuudai says as he gives me the best advice that he could. I fight with myself, I know those fights all too well. I’ve fought them for fourteen years, I shouldn’t be afraid of it anymore, but I trembled at the thought of knowing the true me.

I don’t want to find out that the true me is nothing but what I don’t want to be. There is always a possibility of that happening, I’ll just have to train more to be stronger. I’ll defeat my other self.

“Kiyoko!” I hear Tomoko scream, before I can ask Yuudai something else. She is flying quickly, something that always alarms me. Something must have happened.

“What is it? Has something happened?” I ask as she lands on Yuudai’s very spread out roots.

“Your father’s book, it has disappeared as well. It is no longer there,” She sputters out as she catches her breath. So many possibilities begin to go through my head. First it was my mother’s life book, then the lack of my own, and now my father’s has disappeared. Who else know about the Library of Life. No one could possibly know about it, I am the second person to have known about this place, not counting Yuudai because he is part tree now. Its just Hashirama Senju and I. And there is no way that the First Hokage could still be alive right? Even if he managed to live at an old age, he would have died long ago. More mysteries were pooping into my life, just around the time I was living a routinne life. A life I want.

Tomoko expands and lets me ride on her back as she flies back to home tree.

“Maybe he has... died,” I struggle to say, I don’t know why I was having trouble saying that.

“No, the book should still be there, it would have just ended and not grow, but it has just vanished. I checked and countless others have checked everywhere. Its gone,” Tomoko says. She lands outside, and I slide off of her. I quickly walk over the library, finding the housekeeping squirrels searching for the book of my father. Tomoko was there right behind me, I watched as the large squirrels frantically looked for that book, but by the look on their faces they weren’t getting anywhere. It was gone.

“Where is Sage Moriko?” I ask.

“She’s looking into the possibility of someone who could have actually gotten into the forest and gotten through home tree undetected, stole the book and left. It should be impossible, but there are rumors of the all knowing tree in the world. People who are hungry for knowledge and the truth go far to get what they want,” Tomoko tells me.

I could think of a handful of people who would want to know the truth about people, but I don’t know why they want my father’s whoever it was.

“Shikkotsu Forest is Sage Moriko’s forest, every root of every tree is connected to this home tree. The Sage should have known about unfamiliar chakra the moment he or she or it stepped on this forest ground. No one should be able to get information so easily, but someone did. I have a feeling that the disappearance of your father’s book has more to do with you than it has to do with your father. Someone is trying to find out who you really are,” She says quietly. Tomoko realized how dangerous this leak of information actually is. They would know about what my father knows and what he knows about me. My father, a very knowledgeable man, knew many things. He may even know what I have inside me.

A cold wave rolls over my body, as the thought comes into mind. If a member of the Akatsuki got their hands on his book, this could cause trouble, not only for the Moon but for the Leaf village as well. And with this theft, my family has disappeared from written history.
Chapter end notes: Thank you for reading! Let me know what your guys think!

Until nest chapter.