TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here is another chapter! Sorry for the bad language from the past chapter and this chapter. I don't swear, but
That night I couldn’t sleep with my mind thinking about Sasuke and Naruto. They were alike and different. I’ve only seen Sasuke once, and his eyes held so much resent. Naruto was bright eyes, always trying to look for the best in everyone. He hasn’t lost his sight on Sasuke just yet, and I was glad. Everyone should have that person that look after them. Who knew how far Sasuke would go if was really alone in this darkness. He would be destroyed.

Sage Moriko summoned me before the sun rose, today I was going to learn wood jutsus. I was excited to learn it. We were in far from home tree, Tomoko was perched on a branch. Sage Moriko smiled this early morning, but I couldn’t keep my eyes open for long. I want to sleep. I feel water being splashed in my face. I wipe my eyes, to see a very innocent looking Sage in front of me. I should be annoyed, but it helped wake my body for today.

“Now that you are awake, lets begin with wood jutsus. For wood technique you already know that you’re body is the life force, so it is your ultimate weapon. For now we’ll begin transforming your body itself to wood. If you accomplish this then you could hide in trees, walk through them, not only that but you’ll be able to use water and earth in the same way. Using earth nature to harden your body, a simple blade won’t have the sharpness to penetrate your rock body. The same with water, the blade would just go through you, and not causing any harm.” She shows me her arm, that has turned dark brown, she takes a kunai and tries to stab herself, it doesn’t go through. Her arm transforms into water now, and she stabs her arm once again, this time the knife slides right into her arm. She takes it out, and lets her arm go back to normals, not a scratch on her arm. That was amazing.

Sage Moriko slides into a tree that stood to her right. She slips right through it, her body transforming into wood. It was amazing.

“Water and earth are very useful. It is difficult to transform into lightning, wind, and fire, but it is easier with water and earth, making wood easy for you. So if you can do wood, you can do water and earth, so we won’t start with those. Lets get right into it.” She pats the tree she just walked through. I didn’t want to get stuck in there.

“Is it safe? You know what if I can’t get out of there?”

“Of course its not safe. That is why I told you many who don’t come here to train do not go back home alive. I’m not sure how many have their bodies stuck in there trees. I lost count,” she says. That only made me feel afraid rather than insured. But I was going to have to go through this wasn’t I, because I am to save the world from certain destruction. Which seemed kind of silly at the moment, but I couldn’t be certain of anything.

I put my hands against the trunk, this was difficult, trying to have both water and earth nature on the surface that was touching the trunk not just on one hand. I’ll have to evenly spread my chakra. I try, doing what I believe is the right way to do it, since Sage Moriko didn’t really explain so much this time. She’s been testing me lately.

I felt my hands sink into the trunk, it was cooler inside the trunk. I began to spread it up my arms, making them go deeper. I then spread my chakra natures to my feet and legs, I step into the trunk. My chakra spread like it knew where I needed to cover next. Soon my face was fusing with the tree. I finally take the last step in feeling my whole body connects with the wood that surrounded me. I think I made it in, but if I could really do this than I have to get out, or I’ll be stuck here. I move through the trunk, extending my arm first. I feel the air outside, and I move my fingers, they feel completely normal to me. I step out on the other side, looking at myself to see that I did make it all in one piece.

“Now that you know how to use your body to your advantage, we’ll begin with jutsus. This jutsu has many names, but really I don’t understand why jutsus have names. Your friend Yamato and Hashirama call it Wood release: Great forest technique. You use your dominant arm and use your chakra to feed the tree in your chakra system. It will grow at a very quick speed. This jutsu has many purposes. It helps capturing an opponent, and once you have them you wrap them in sharp spear like wood stakes. I’ll show you,” she says and gathers her kimono sleeve at her arm, to get it out of the way.

She takes her left arm and keeps it in front of her body. I see trees begin to form around her arm, starting from where her arm attached to her body. It wrapped rapidly, forming a tree trunk thing around her arm.

“Kiyoko make a shadow clone for me,” she instructs. I make a clone for her, it steps in front of her.

“Okay I want you to run in random directions. I’ll chase you and demonstrate just how this jutsu is used.” She says to my shadow clone.

I feel my air being sucked out of me. Asami used this technique on me back at the chunin exams. I ran away from this jutsu, I was wrapped around this type of jutsu. She broke my leg so easily. I felt light headed from thinking about how I felt at the moment.

“I don’t think I can watch you do this,” I tell her and dispel my clone. I experienced it first hand just how powerful this jutsu was. It was almost impossible to get out of, maybe I was just too weak to break the wood.

“I can try it on my own. Just not this, not hunting me down. I’ve already experienced first hand just how painful this jutsu is.” I gather my strengths back, trying to forget Asami for the moment.

“What do you mean? Has Yamato showed you this jutsu? Have you told anyone about your training?” She asks, getting angrier with every question.

“No! I haven’t told anyone. My half sister attacked me during the chunin exams. And she used wood techniques to capture me. I know damn well how it feels to be trapped. I almost fainted because of the pain I endured. I’m not going to watch myself get trapped again!”

“Kiyoko-” Tomoko begins.

“So that is it? If you feel this feeling again, the feeling of being trap you’re just going to give up? Well let me tell you, if you don’t fight back and overcome your fears there is nothing I can teach you. You have to be willing to take chances, even if it involves remembering your past,” Sage Moriko defends herself.

“Isn’t that what I have been doing? If you haven’t noticed I just saw Suzu the other day, and I had to face my father not too long ago, and before that I saw an enemy who is now my friend. I forgive but I don’t forget. I remember every single thing that everyone told me. I remember everything that I have done, and I didn’t run away. You can’t imagine the things I heard and saw!” I argue back. She was really grinding my gears at the moment. I understood that this training was urgent but I didn’t have time to breath. I felt like I am drowning in my own surroundings.

“Self pity isn’t an excuse. If you don’t use a shadow clone, then I’ll use this jutsu against you,” She says.

“Sage Moriko I think this is going to far,” Tomoko speaks up. This has definitely gone too far. I wasn’t going to become some test dummy, not for this. Not for something that was forced upon me. I never wanted to become the chosen one. I never wanted to learn wood release. I never asked for earth nature. I never asked for any of this, all I asked for was a ninja life so I had a purpose to protect people that I would care for, and I have found the people that I care for. I don’t need any of this.

“Send me home, I’m not in the mood to train today.” I say and wait for Tomoko or the Sage to send me back to the Leaf.

“If the world is in danger, it will be destroyed if you do not feel like it? You have to sacrifice some times,” Sage Moriko still held her jutsu around her arm.

“That is all I have been doing. So don’t you dare tell me I have not sacrificed anything. Now send me home!” I demand. I should really learn how to get myself home.

Tomoko eyes Sage Moriko, who only stares at me. I was too tired to receive this, not right now. I can’t enjoy learning if she is thrusting this in my face. I can feel her chakra shirt and soon I see the wood around her arm come towards me. She was really going to go with attacking me.

Images of Asami flash into my head but I shake them out of my head. It branches more arms from the main trunk. Trying to get contact with me from different directions. I could feel the air around me dry, and my chest began to feel heavy. I was drowning.

I stumble over roots, and dodge the stakes that only came closer to me. It was harder to outrun them with little oxygen that I felt breathe in.

“Use your resources, your greatest weapon!” I hear Tomoko yell as she flew after me. My body was my greatest weapon. What do I do just let it hit me. But then it hit me, not literally, I know how wood technique works, so I know how to make it inefficient. I’ll just use my life force to suck all of the life force from her jutsu. I mean that has to work, she said my life force is greater than her’s even.

I wait for the nearest stake to get closer to me, I dodge the pointy part of the stake and grab onto the flat side. I move my wood chakra to that spot and begin to suck out the chakra that powered her jutsu. My wood fed off of her chakra instead of mine. I could physically see the wood get smaller, and within about six seconds the wood had no life in it left to even stay together. It fell right off of her arm.

“Get me home,” I ask Tomoko. It takes her a few seconds to hear what I said, she was too busy staring at the dead wood on the ground. It was nothing special, it would make good firewood though. She seals her feathers and I am off to my home. I pop back into my room, I’ve only been gone for any hour, and the sun was still hiding behind the mountains. I know I won’t get sleep not after what just happened.

The sun was going to rise soon, maybe it would relax me to watch it peek over the eastern side of town. I put on my shoes and head for the west gate, sitting on top of that wall would have a great view. I hopped on the rooftops as lightly as I could to not wake the residents. It felt like a very sleepy town this morning, no one was out just yet. They were all tucked under their blankets waiting for the sun to wake them. I climb the wall next to the western gate, it was a thick wall, making it much more comfortable to sit and wait.

Peace and quiet just what I need after arguing with Sage Moriko. That crazy old woman, she must have some loose screws considering just how old she is. I was running on about her in my head when I hear the rustling of tree. I stick my finger into my mouth and put in the air, there was no wind to make the leaves move. Maybe it was just an animal. I would have thought it was an animal if I didn’t hear people arguing on the other side of the wall.

“Be quiet? It won’t be a surprise attack if they hear us?” I hear a male voice say. Are they stupid? I can hear everything that they are talking about. Of if they were going to attack the village they messed with me on the wrong day.

I had to make sure they were no threat to the village, I could sense three bodies, but I didn’t know if they were skilled or not. Maybe they were more but hid their chakra better than those three simpletons. Man if they were really planning on invading I will take out all of anger on them. I’ll have to hide my presence well, thankfully I have learned to blend in with my surroundings very well. I pat the wall, I can use my earth nature chakra and travel through the wall and ground. I’ll eavesdrop on them to decide my next step. I infuse myself with the wall, feeling the earth engulf me, I moved down the wall, and move under ground quietly and quickly. I stop when I see more than three bodies. I was ten feet away and I can see seven men and women standing in a circle. I could feel the other five are much more serious than the three I sensed and heard. This looked like a serious attack on the leaf, but I’m sure with quick response we can get rid of them. I looked for a headband, and the piece of metal had a music note carved into it. I’m not sure I have heard about this village.

I move back underground, making sure I was a safe distance from them to materialize myself again. I need to send a message to Lady Tsunade, but I don’t want to let any of them to make their moves. I’ll summon Tomoko. I bite my thumb and seal my hands. She pops in front of me with a work hanging out of her beak. She opens her mouth to talk but I use my hands to keep her beak shut.

“Tomoko, summon Taro and Yuji.” I tell her, she takes it that something is serious, so she does as I tell her. The owl brothers pop in a cloud of white, I had to keep their mouths shut too.

“Listen. There are seven ninja outside the western wall. Their headband has a music note, I believe they are planning an attack on the village. Taro inform Lady Tsunade about our current situation, and Tomoko go wake Kakashi. I’ll need back up and the house is not too far. Tell him about the foreigners as well. Yuji will help me out here if I need it, go quickly,” I whisper to them. I see Taro fly swiftly to Lady Tsunade's office and Tomoko flies to Kakashi.

“I’m going to get closer and keep try to keep them in one place, act like a normal owl and stay here to instruct reinforcements the enemy’s location,” I tell Yuji. He nods, and flies to a branch. I slip in the ground and go back to where the enemy group was gathering for strategy. I slip inside the tree that one of the enemy leaned on. I listened to what looked like the leader of the mission.

“In a few minutes we will all activate our curse seals. As Orochimaru has instructed us, this attack is just a warning. Our duty is to destroy the gates, our group will split into four, and activate the bombs that are already set. Once the morning crowd come out of hiding we will let them explode. It will cause the walls to fall. Don’t hesitate to kill anyone who is in our way,” the tall man said.

“The walls are sure to crumble and destroy houses near by,” a woman dressed in brown laughed. My home is near by, there is no way I am going to let the disperse and reak havoc. There is no way.

“Okay you know your positions-” the tall man says again, but I don’t listen. I need to keep them all in one place. I slip out of the tree, keeping myself hidden. I make shadow clones, a chain of them, around the enemy. They all stop, I have to keep them in at least until Kakashi gets here.

“So we can kill anyone in our way. Now who is the real one?” A short man licks his lips, like he wants to taste my blood. In all of their eyes I saw their blood thirst. They weren’t regular enemies. One by one they changes, black marks began to invade their bodies, changing the color of their eyes and their features. Some grew another pair of arms, others grew another head, some grew wings. They looked like creations rather than humans. Their chakra changed too, it was so heavy now. This power together was incredible now I believe they can really do damage.

My shadow clones won’t be enough to hold them in one place. An earth dome would be perfect but I can’t use my earth nature. I’m just going to have to substitute earth for water and hope that it works. Its simple right, I just have to shape my water chakra to my will. While my shadow clones keep the enemies in one place, I start to concentrate enough chakra to expel from my mouth and form a water dome, keeping contact with it will make it stable. I release my chakra, using it to my will. It encloses the circle around the group, the water rose finally closing on the top. The enemy tried to pound its way through, and because of their chakra it was getting really hard to keep it standing, especially because I have never created a water dome.

“Too bad I’m an earth user, and too bad you’re such a doll face. I would love to get to know you if you were not in my way of my mission. It seems like I’m going to have kill you,” I hear someone say from behind me. He must have traveled through the ground, I let one of my hands fall from the dome, using a water whip to wrap around his hand. He smiles.

Shit only using one hand is making the dome waver. The man who managed to escape the dome aimed for my head, I dodged, but I had to let go of the dome. The water fell, but I saw lightning use it as a medium. Kakashi came into view along with Tomoko.

“Only you would find yourself in these kind of situations Kiyoko,” He uses his chidori to attack an opponent. It didn’t cut deep like other times. Their skin was thinks than humans. What the hell are they.

“Tomoko! Lets use our combining jutsus, Kakashi hope on Tomoko’s back, with three nature it will be deadlier,” I say, as Tomoko gets bigger in size.

“I’ve never done anything like it, I don’t think I can do it on the first try,” He yells over the sound of fire. One of the deformed humans knew fire nature. I get on Tomoko’s back.

“All you have to do is feel my chakra and her’s. You have to trust that we feel each other,” I say, and pat the spot besides me. Kakashi takes a look at our opponents. The stronger the better, he grabs onto Tomoko’s feathers and we fly.
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading! And sorry if its been boring. I'm trying to show her secret training but her "normal life" and her "love" life all at the same time, so it gets complicated. I don't want to rush it, but I feel like I am taking things too slow and with too much detail.

Let me know what you guys think! Is it going to slow? Until next chapter!