TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: here is another chapter. sorry if it boring, but try to enjoy it :)
“Again. The tree has to be strong enough to withstand my water jutsu,” Sage Moriko says. I’ve been using wood technique for only three days and the Sage wants it to be nearly perfect. I was still far from getting it mastered, not only that but I haven’t even learned wood jutsus. I’ve been here all day, leaving a shadow clone behind to keep the rest busy. They still hadn’t noticed in the three days I have used a clone, which I was glad. I’ve created a new forest with my practice, making the neglected looking forest full again. Some trees stood, but Sage Moriko used her earth and water jutsus to cut them down. If I infused the right amount of chakra into the jutsu then it shouldn’t break, but it was a Sage was against, I found it difficult to find it fair.

At the end of practice I pick out pieces of wood, instead of dirt, and ate a few snacks Tomoko brought for me. I sit on a trunk and extend my hand full of nuts to Tomoko, who took a few.

“You know the summoning jutsu can become much more powerful. Its called combining jutsus, since I know wind jutsus, I can combine it with your water or earth jutsu to make it deadlier. Like you and Kakashi do,” she says. I chew a handful of almonds listening.

“We have to be synchronized though. Often times you use your jutsu first and then Kakashi follows, but for this we have to do it at the same time. Would you like to try?”

I was tired from training for the day, but Tomoko sounded excited to try it, since I’ve been the only one who has summoned owls. I didn’t want to break her spirits, so I agree to try. Tomoko grows in size, and bends down so I could get on her back, I cling to her white feathers as she begins to fly over the forest. The wind felt nice, the air was great here, nothing but clean air. Not too hot not too cold, just right. Tomoko flew a for a few minutes for fun, but she got right to business.

“You have to be able to feel my chakra, and I have to feel your’s. You can use your wild water wave and I can use my wind chakra, we can both emit a stream and it will be like a powerful water gun. It quite simple if you can sense my chakra, then we can release at the same time. It’ll be difficult if we were both strangers who hate each other, but since that isn’t the case, we should get it in a couple tries.” She says.

I can feel her wind chakra beginning to fill her mouth, and I follow her lead building my own. I feel her chakra from my fingers that clung to her feathers. I hope she can feel mine. When I feel like she has enough wind nature in her mouth, I match my amount to hers. I wait for the feeling of her being ready, and I wait for her command. I release my jutsu when I feel her’s. I see my water jutsu and her wind jutsu form a spiral looking water gun, I could hear the wind chakra and the water chakra grind against one another. If there was something in front of us I’m sure it would have been destroyed.

“Amazing! On the first time, now if you do call me into action we can destroy anything,” She laughs a bit. It feels like she hasn’t had fun in a while, and this side training was fun, especially since I loved to fly on her back.

“I’ll keep that in mind next time I’m on a dangerous mission,” I tell her. We fly around the vast forest for a bit, I can see trees all the way to the horizon, and they may extend further. It really is an enormous forest, and home tree was right in the middle of it.

She lands on a branch of the home tree, and I slide off of her back, before she shrinks to a normal size. I wonder how she can do that. Time seemed slower here, I didn’t know what time it was at the Leaf, maybe I should get back home.

“Do you think I can go into the memory vault and look at a few things?” I ask Tomoko.

“I don’t see why not. Its just that too much knowledge can be a bad thing, so don’t go snooping too much will you Kiyoko?”

“Roger that. I’m just curious about a few things,” I walk through the opening, and make an earth platform for myself to go back to ground level. I was kind of proud of myself that I can do this on my own. I didn’t need Sage Moriko to get me up and down the trunk of home tree. I make my way to the library of histories, I walk quickly. The sooner I satisfy my curiosity the sooner I get to go home. I enter the large library, no one is here at the moment.

I do think the blank book is my mother’s, it has to be her, or it can be my own. Sage said they found it near the Uchiha section, so I look for the U section. It was easy to find, the covers of their section was blood red, every section had their own color cover. My mother’s was leather black, so I’m sure she wasn’t an Uchiha. I skim their names for anything that might pop out. I only knew a few, Madara Uchiha, Sasuke Uchiha, Itachi Uchiha and Obito Uchiha. Madara, my father knew about him. I wonder what he wanted to know? The Uchiha had a big section, they were once a abundant civilization. Its sad to know that only two books are still growing.

If this records everything they do than maybe I can locate Sasuke’s location and help Kakashi bring him back to the Leaf. Why haven’t I thought about this before? I take his book in my hands, with every second it got a bit heavier. That was sign that he was very much alive, and he was doing well. I flip to the last page, his thoughts were being recorded as I looked for a location.

“I’ll kill him.” He thought, as I read. As my eyes began to read his mind, the more I realized he was drenched in darkness. I couldn’t find anything that didn’t link back to revenge. He was troubled, it almost seemed like there was nothing that could bring him back to the light. He chose darkness over light.

“What are you doing?” I hear Sage Moriko speak over my shoulder. I close the book in shock.

“I was just looking,”

“Just looking? I’ll tell you before you make a major mistake, you can’t interfere. This knowledge is dangerous. Here in this room is the truth, and it may be better if you don’t know all the truth. I know you want to help Sasuke find his way back, but this is the wrong way to do it. Everyone else has to find him the hard way, its only right that you don’t have an advantage. In all of my years there has been tragedies and injustice and I could have corrected the wrong, but I didn’t interfere with it. Their history must run on their own, we can’t help them by forcing down the better road. You understand right?”

“But I don’t want to see them suffer if I can help them. Sakura is always thinking its her fault, and Kakashi is trying his hardest to track him. I don’t want to see them struggle anymore,” I tell her and put Sasuke’s book back in its shelf.

“Its hard to do the right thing, the fair thing, but their history is their own. Your own history can’t guide them.” She gives my shoulder a squeeze.

“I don’t have my own history,” I tell her. My fingers itched to grab Orochimaru’s book and locate him instead. Bringing him down would only benefit all of us.

“Who says you don’t? You have your own life. I got you a blank book, and you can write your own history. Like a journal, or a diary. Just make sure if you talk about all of you secret training to hide it very well. Put it in your underwear drawer, no one will go looking in there,” She gives me a wink and hands me a blank book. It was forest green, and my name was printed on the cover, she must have done it herself because it differed from all of the other books.

I take it, feeling overjoyed. I could write down my own thoughts, my own life. And I didn’t have to worry about others reading it, like Sage Moriko. She would not be happy if she read my thoughts about her sometimes.

“Now get home, you have a few people waiting for you. We’ll begin wood jutsus tomorrow,” She smiles, and stands in front of me. She seals her hands and sends me back to the Leaf Village. It was just past sunset, I’ve been gone all day. I curse as I see Kakashi’s bedroom light on, I was later than usual. I begin to climb the stairs when I hear glass shatter behind me. I turn to see the drunk man from the other day throwing glass bottles on the ground. It wouldn’t have angered me, but children were close by playing. That angered me beyond my senses. He could disrespect the ninja name all he wanted that didn’t harm anyone, but he was drunk and swearing, he could harm the children that played near by.

I could see their mothers call the children’s names, telling them to go over to where they were. I watch as the pregnant mother goes over to get her child, who has cut his finger with shattered glass. I begin to walk over to the drunk excuse of a man, that child was hurt because of him. This was a public part of town, very lively, he should get drunk somewhere else. He was just wasting himself away, he shouldn’t bring down others with him.

“Keep that dog on a leash,” I hear him slur at the mother who crouch to tend to her child’s wound.

“Maybe you should drink somewhere else. You could have harmed the children much worse,” She says back. She was a young protective mother, I smiled when I heard her defend herself.

“What are you a ninja? You are aren’t you,” He stumbles closer to her. The mother covered her child with her body. I saw him raise his hand to strike her, but my body moved on its own. I grab his hand, and pin it behind him, I use his size to my advantage, and kick his legs from under him. He was much bigger than me, but I managed to hold him to the ground.

“Are you two okay?” I hear Kakashi say. He was crouching beside the mother and child. I sigh when they nod their heads, her little boy just had a minor cut. She carried him away from me and the drunk.

Kakashi looks like he just rushed out of the house, shoeless, and dazed. I laugh a little, I’ve never seen him so frazzled looking. The drunk grunts under me as he tries to get out of my hold, but he was too disoriented to put much of a fight.

“You again huh? You little bitch, let me go and I’ll teach a lesson,” he kicks his legs, but I don’t let go. It wouldn’t be much of a fight if we did have a brawl. I hear a few more footsteps come closer.

“We got a call of complaints, is this the guy?” A man says. Kakashi answers him. I see two more ninja come and help me get him out of my hands. They have to push him away from the scene. He was so determined to fight with me. As soon as he is taken away the small crowd that has formed is dispersed.

“Savior of the world. Defeater of all evil Kiyoko,” Kakashi jokes. I smile, but try to not be affected by the fact that he said savior of the world. I brush the dirt from my pants.

“Are you okay?”

“ya I’m fine. It wasn’t too much trouble. But that man sure is bothersome. How dare he do that when there are children right there? It makes me so angry that he is so simple minded. Drinks and swears, that is all he does,” I stare in the direction he was taken. He should be in jail for what he has done. The children are the future of the world. We have to make sure they understand what being a citizen is if we want to keep the peace that we have.

“Your arm is bleeding. Lets go home so we can wrap it up,” Kakashi takes my left i arm in his hand gently. I feel the stinging, there certainly was a cut there. It must have been from the broken glass. When we enter the house I can smell rice cooking, Kakashi must have started dinner already, at least there wasn’t any smoke I smelled. He was learning. I sit in the living room while Kakashi gets the first aid kit. He disinfects it first which stung, but I bit my lip, he began to wrap it with gauze, but I could feel my body closing the wound quickly. I wanted to tell Kakashi, but I didn’t want to interrupt Kakashi in his work. He looked very proud of it, even though my wound is closing faster than the cloth that helped soak the small bits of blood.

“There you go, I was just about to attempt to make dinner, the rice turned out okay.” He goes to the kitchen I follow, I see the ingredients for dumplings laying on the counter, I could see a very deformed looking dumpling on the cutting board. I hide a smile, it was just so funny to see him this way. I thought I could control my laughters but I couldn’t when Kakashi actually put on an apron. It was covered in flour, most of the empty counter was lightly covered in flour. Homemade dumplings, they were under progress.

“Don’t just stand there and laugh at my dumplings, get in here and help me,” he defends himself, but gets back to firming the dumpling shape.

“No, you’re doing it wrong. You’re pinching the top too much, here let me show you,” I take the poor dumpling from his hands, showing him the correct way to close the dough sac. It didn’t help the shape, but at least now it wouldn’t spill when we cooked them. It has been a while since we cooked dinner together.

“What have you been training so hard to perfect Kiyoko? You’re gone a lot more than usual,” He asks as he forms the dumpling correctly this time. He was a quick learner.

“Oh um I’ve been practicing on a summoning jutsu,” I tell him the only truth I can say. I’m sure Tomoko wouldn’t mind if I summoned her and the others once in a while. They didn’t care if I let Kakashi know about this training.

“Really? Who taught you?” He asks. Now that is a question I didn’t have an honest answer for. Who should I say? Sakura, no she doesn’t know that just yet, so any chunin is out of the picture. Eri? No that wouldn’t do, she is pregnant. Yamato? He would tell Kakashi the truth about not teaching me. I was running out of people here.

“Kurenai, she helped me a bit. She helped me look in the library vault for jutsus for a contract that I could sign,” I blurt out.

“So what animals did you sign a contract with?” With every second more dumplings were made, and more sweat began to accumulate from lying to Kakashi.

“Owls. I thought about it, they are great at nocturnal vision and they fly, so its a win win.” I gather the dumplings and put them in the steamer. Kakashi pats the flour off of his apron, causing a cloud to appear.

“So how has it been going?”

“Really well actually. The owls and I have been training really hard that we began to combine our jutsus,” I smile remembering how Tomoko and I got out water air gun on the first try. It felt amazing to be good at something other than cooking. Its always hard work and training, but that was actually fun doing something on the side.

“So when are you going to show me this jutsu of yours? I’m really curious now, maybe all your secret training is paying off,”

I smile, trying to hide just how secret my training really was. Lying to him will be harder than any mission I have done. I killed me to do this, and honestly there are only so many lies I can handle to tell. I can’t do it to him, not after all he’s done for me. How can I repay him with lies? I was going to have to tell Sage Moriko I can’t hold out much more like this. I don’t want him to believe my lies, but here he was trusting me without a doubt.

“Whenever you’re not busy, I can summon her anytime really,” I try to keep those negative thoughts away. It was for my own good, Sage Moriko said. Was it really, knowledge is power, but too much knowledge isn’t good either. I was following them blindly practically, but no one really knew anything about me because I didn’t “exist.” I should know so much more in the position I am in, like when I have to face this godlike power? Or how I even become a powerful person to begin with? The most important one to me is why there is a monster living in me? Why me?

Isn’t that the million dollar question, now the answer would be worth much more than the power of knowledge. I was undefined, and for now I can deal with it, I was just afraid that these three years won’t be enough to prepare for whatever is to come. How will I be able to grow until then? I didn’t burden it alone anymore, Kakashi told me he would share it with me. He told he was here to keep me sane, and I think I would have gone crazy without his guidance already. He cares, and I care for him. I think I care for him, if this feeling I feel for him is what caring meant. I’m still not sure I understand it all, but there is friendship, and rivalries. There are innocent and guilty people all over. I take in what I can, and learn the rest on my way towards my unknown future.

It was funny really, watching Kakashi almost cut his finger while he cut the peppers for the sauce. I wouldn’t have known this side of Kakashi if he didn’t agree to take me in. I was really fortunate. His clumsiness in the kitchen was hilarious, my life has changed. And for some reason I think of Sasuke, and his history that I held in my hands. He had it all, a loving family and village. It was taken away from him, and now he is a rogue ninja who seemed to have strayed from the lit path, I chose to follow. Three years is all he has left to change his course. And Naruto will be back to help him.

“Kakashi, Naruto is away for three years training to get stronger to get Sasuke back, right?” I ask him and wash the tomatoes. He nods.

“And Sasuke also has a time limit of three years before Orochimaru decides to take his body. But what will happen if Naruto isn’t strong enough to fight him with power alone? What will happen then?”

“I hope it doesn’t come to that.”
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading! Let me know what you guys think.

Until next chapter