TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here is another chapter. Just to let you guys know that I will begin to get extremely busy and I apologize before hand if I don't update quickly. I'm taking college classes, and I have summer practices, so yea. That is why this chapter is long. Anyways hope you guys enjoy this chapter.
That night when I get home, after saying goodnight to Kakashi, I barely get a wink of sleep. I didn’t sleep, because a very frantic looking Tomoko was sitting on my pillow. I didn’t ask, I simply let myself be summoned to Shikkotsu Forest. I was getting really tired of being dragged everywhere, but I let Tomoko drag me to the the home tree.

“What is it this time? Did you find something new?”

“Yes we did, its in the memory vault,” She goes ahead, expecting me to run after her, and I do. Maybe they were mistaken and found my mother’s book, she was real. Sage Moriko waited for us in the huge library we called the memory vault, it looked bigger than last time.

“What is it?” I ask Sage Moriko who held a book in her hands, it was medium size.

“This evening when some of the house keepers where dusting the books, one of them found a book shoved to the back. Every book is organized by last name, but this book right here is empty. There is no name on the cover, and there is no history of the person it belongs to. I don’t know who it belongs to, but the only two humans who do not have a history of their own are you and your mother. It might belong to either of you, but I can’t confirm it because I have no way of knowing.” Sage Moriko hands me the black leather book, it was empty, every single page was blank. This was either my own book or my mothers.

“Was it next to my father’s?” I ask. If the books were really alphabetically ordered, than my mother’s or my own would be near my father’s.

“No it wasn’t, it was next to the Uchiha last names. Which is why I thought it was so bizarre, you’re mother isn’t an Uchiha is she?” Sage Moriko asks.

“Of course not, she was born in the Moon Village, and she married my father who is also from the Moon Village,”

“There is something odd about the Moon Village, its just not making sense. I looked from relatives that you should be connected to, turns out your parents are first of their last names. Well your father at least we know of, there are no other relatives that are connected to you. Its starting to look like your lack of history and your mother’s were intentionally erased. Your father’s may be purposely changed, but I have no idea how anyone would be able to do it in the first place.” Tomoko bounces on her talons. So my father and mother are first of their generation, maybe they changed their last names, or something along those lines, of course my mother isn’t an Uchiha, its just meer coincident that the blank book was near them and my mother’s lack of history. Maybe she was supposed to be the chosen one instead of myself.

“You can keep it, but now that you are here I’ll teach you earth jutsus,”

“Right now? I need some sleep,”

“You can sleep all you want when you’re dead, its an old saying. There is no much training you can do one your own, so this is the place where most of your training will be done, don’t go off thinking this is going to be easy, Being the chosen one has its demands,” Sage Moriko pushes me out of the memory vault.

“I never wanted to be the chosen one,” I mumble. Thankfully she doesn’t hear what I said, and keeps pushing me outside. I wish I had at least put on my sandals, my feet are beginning to get thicker, and they were blistered a lot of the time.

At least she was finally going to teach me earth pillar spears. Through the night I studied and practiced earth pillar spears, I used the jutsu against trees, trying to penetrate them, but it was more difficult than the Sage made it look like. I had a lot of work to do, and I had to hurry my process, Tomoko said I was behind schedule. I should start learning wood technique in a couple of days. I’m sure I can use earth and water equally even if I have more water techniques than earth. It was six in the morning when she sends me back home, the empty book in hand. I hide it on my drawer making sure its at the end, it wasn’t for anyone’s eyes, but mine. I had a feeling it belonged to my mother once. And part of my still believes she loved me, it was a mother’s love after all. I couldn’t let that go, I already let go of my father.

I clean up before Kakashi wakes up. I don’t want him to see me covered in dirt, then I would really have a hard time making up excuses. I make breakfast this morning, but I don’t wait for him, I can’t anymore. I don’t have the time to do it, I need all practice time I can squeeze in. My body was tired, but after breakfast I had enough energy to go for the day. I stop by a booth to buy food pills so I could go one for the rest of the day. I see Lady Tsunade walking my way, Shizune right by her side holding the cutest pig.

“Kiyoko, just who I was looking for, Team Kakashi will be assigned another mission, could you please inform Sakura. I need to get the paperwork prepared,” She coughs a bit. Looks like she spent her night drinking a bit, but I agree and make my way to Sakura’s house. My training will wait for now, I’m headed off to another mission. This will really put me behind, three years they said, I think that would be plenty of time to master something, but beast mode, and sage art wood style, will be two obstacles I will have a hard time overcoming.

I knock on Sakura’s front door, it was her mother that opened the door. Sakura has her facial features.

“Can I help you with something?”

“Oh, I am Sakura’s teammate, Kiyoko. I’m here to tell her we’ve been assigned to a mission, and we must attend Lady Tsunade at once.”

“Come in, my lazy daughter isn’t up yet. I’ll warn you now she isn’t a pretty cherry blossom early in the morning,” I wait for a bit, I need to get ready myself.

“Oi, Sakura get up, you’ve been summoned by Lady Tsunade. Looks like you’re going on another mission. When you get back you’re gonna have to clean your room.” Her mother is pounding on the door.

“Okay, don’t scream so loudly in the morning. I’m getting ready as quickly as I can.” I hear her say. She knows where to go, so I go back home to gather all of my belongings. Kakashi has eaten his breakfast by the time I arrive, the empty bowls were stacked in the sink. I grab my pack and my weapons. Kakashi was putting on his sandals when I zip my flak jacket.

“Did you eat breakfast?” He asks, and waits for me to clip on my shoes too.

“Yes and I went to tell Sakura about the mission.” We walk to Lady Tsunade’s office in silence. Sai and Sakura are walking just ahead of us. I see Sakura yell at Sai, I just hear her yell something about not being ugly. I don’t know maybe she did wake up in a bad mood.

“You’re feeling well right? Can’t let you go on a mission if you’re still ill,” I ask him. He stops to look at me. He takes my hand, and brings it to his cheek. His temperature was back to normal.

“See, healthy. No fever. There is no need to worry about me. Lets get going,” He lets my hand go, but I gather it in my other hand. I felt like I was catching a fever instead. We all gather in Lady Tsunade’s office a few minutes later.

“Today’s mission will probably be the most dangerous one yet. A small village lining the Land of Earth, just on the other side Kannabi Bridge there has been reports of drug dealing. I’ll give you information about the prime suspect, because of this person inhabiting there, their village income of goods has dropped immensely. Team Kakashi your goal is to end this drug dealing corporation and all of their roots. Be aware that the prime suspect and owner of all the drug transport is guarded heavily, but I’m sure this team will not have a rough time. Not with Kakashi’s strategy, Sakura’s strength, Sai’s agility, and Kiyoko’s chakra. Kakashi will inform you with detail when you get closer to the village. Have a safe journey.” We bow before we exist her office. It was odd to hear her compliment us so directly, it made me worry just how difficult this mission really is. Kakashi puts the folder in his backpack, and we are off.

We’ll have to cross the Land of Fire and the Grass land before we get to the village. Drug dealing this time, I’ve learned to stay away from that business, I was always desperate for money when I was on my own, but I never did deal with two things. That was drugs and selling my body. I’ve never had to go to those extremes, I was fortunate to land a few jobs here and there, as a waitress or cleaner. I have my morals.

“How long is the journey going to take?” Sakura asks us, we weren’t in any certain formation, the danger isn’t in the journey, its in the location.

“I estimate about three days and a half just to arrive. And then return is another three days and a half. If it goes to plan we’ll be home in about eight days.” Sai says from behind. He was the quiet one of the four of us, he’s always doing something. He’s either reading a book about friendship or people interaction. If he isn’t reading then he doodles a bit.

“We pass quite a few villages, so I’m sure it won’t be too tiring,” Sakura bounces besides me, hopefully we can rest soon, the lack of sleep I got was catching up to me. I sneak another food pill.

“Kiyoko you look pretty tired already,” Sakura says.

“I couldn’t get much sleep last night, I had a feeling we would be going on a mission today,” I say.

We walk at a quick pace, nothing I couldn’t handle, we stopped a few time to take potty breaks, and eat a few foods we brought, but we were going to need to stop at a restaurant some time soon. We aren’t the only ones traveling this road, we see many other travelers on the way, some carry bigger things than others. Some look richer than others, and I avoid the stares of the people who do look our way. I don’t want someone to recognize me and start a battle.

When I was sixteen, the Moon Village got desperate to find me. They put wanted posters everywhere, I took most of them down, but every now and then villagers would attack me, trying to get the bounty that hang on my head. I heard one of them say I was worth 45 million ryo. That was money my father didn’t own. I always wondered how he could afford such a high price. They never could touch me, I always ran before it got too serious. I was fortunate enough to not be attacked in large numbers, but that was what I feared now. I’ll always have to look over my shoulder when I am not in the safety of the village. I’ve been on a handful of missions already and we haven’t been attacked directly, but that can change at any given moment. I was fine with running on my own, but now Kakashi, Sakura, and Sai are here too. I trust them though, they can handle anything that is put ahead of us. We were strong, just like Lady Tsunade said.

No one recognizes us, and we keep walking for the rest of the day. Kakashi takes us to a small past by village for dinner, and a place to stay. It was a small hotel, but my body didn’t care. Sai and Kakashi get their own room while Sakura and I share our own.

“Kiyoko I’m heading to the bath, I’ll be back quickly.” She leaves quickly, while I kick off my shoes and just lay down for a bit. I was going to close my eyes for a bit when a knock on the door wakes me.

“Room service,” a male voice says. I didn’t order anything, and I’m pretty sure Sakura didn’t either. I know for certain it wasn’t Kakashi or Sai, the voice was too deep. I grab a kunai from my pouch, and I had a water whip ready in the other hand. I use the whip to open the door, and give me enough room to evade attacks. Someone must have seen my face and remembered it from a poster. I slam the door open, and see a large man with a large bouquet of red roses and a cart. He steps back when he sees my kunai. I drop my weapons, it looked like room service.

“I am so sorry to interrupt but the gentleman from the lobby requested that you received these. It is free of charge,” he says. He slides the cart in, and sets the bouquet on top of it before he leaves. There is a silver dish on the cart, and a note write next to it.

“I’ve never seen lips as red as your’s but these roses could barely compare. I’ve never seen anyone as sweet as you, but this chocolate cake is a portion of your sweetness,” the note said. I take the lid off to see a round chocolate cake, with strawberries. The roses smelled fresh. The note had a name, the man who sent this was names Goro. I don’t take the flowers in my hands, nor do I eat the cake, I didn’t trust random gifts, especially from a stranger. I didn’t even notice a man in the lobby when we checked in. What to do with them now?

“What’s this?” Kakashi I standing at my door way.

“A man from the lobby sent it, I- I don’t know what to do with them, they could be poisoned or booby trapped or something. I’m not touching them.”

Kakashi reads the note, he crushes it in his hands.

“I’ll return them to the lobby, we can never be too sure,” Kakashi takes the cart, and I follow. I see Sakura coming back from the bath, her hair is still damp. The lady at the front desk, takes the cart back, I didn’t eat the cake but it sure did look tasty. I love chocolate, I rarely ate it, but when I did I savored every bite. Sakura and Sai come down from their rooms, bathed and ready for dinner.

“I couldn't risk it, I’ve had a bounty on my head for fourteen years, so as you can imagine its hard to trust anything when I’m on a mission,” I tell Kakashi. He smiles a bit.

“You trust me, right? And you trust Sakura and Sai and that’s all you need right now. Lets go get something to eat. We leave early tomorrow.”

We spend the rest of our journey there without another incident, taking breaks here and there, but we spend our nights beneath the stars. It was the last night before we arrive Kannabi bridge, the village would be just a few minutes after crossing. Kakashi tells us everything we need to know about our mission

“The target’s code name is Jumble. As Lady Tsunade said it is heavily guarded. She assigned us this mission instead of an ANBU team because the most guards are not jounin level. The jounin level guards are personally guarding Jumble. I’ll go over our strategy shortly, but a few pointers about the operation. The headquarters is disguised as a pub, and once a week Jumble makes his appearance there to deal face to face with some of his clients. We’ve gathered information and looked in on the next client he will be seeing. We’ll intercept that client, and I will go in his place, using transformation. Kiyoko will accompany me, she’ll be disguised as one of Jumble's many mistresses.” Me? I was beginning to feel nervous. “While we personally go in, Sakura and Sai will be standing by. You two will be positioned near the bar, taking appearance of someone else. We all are going to be under transformation for our own safety.”

“Because most guards are at chunin levels, this mission shouldn’t be too difficult, its just that we are outnumbered, that is why Kiyoko, you will use your shadow clones to our advantages. I’ll take Jumble down, while Kiyoko, Sai and Sakura, will deal with the guards. Be aware Kiyoko that most of his mistresses are his guards, and they are at jounin levels. You’ll need your jutsus to even the playing field.”

“I’ve dipped my kunai into poisonous solution so when we do intercept the client he won’t be able to attend that’ll keep him out for days,” Sakura says. Kakashi shows us a lay out of the building, Kakashi and I were going to enter down stairs, while Sakura and Sai stayed upstairs to let an opening for us when the battling does begin.

“Sakura make sure you don’t make the floor collapse, we’ll be down there,” Kakashi says. She nods. Her strength is deadly. After our briefing we call it a night, but I couldn’t sleep. I was nervous for tomorrow. I tossed and turned, but my mind was full. I could end up fighting a jounin tomorrow, and I am still a chunin. And I have to act and be a mistress none the less. I don’t like the idea of belonging to a drug dealer, but it was only for one mission. Laying under the night sky would usually rock me to sleep, but tonight it just made me feel exposed. I walk just a few steps away from camp, when I noticed Kakashi wasn’t there. He was leaning on a tree close to me.

“You couldn’t go to sleep either.” Kakashi had his blanket on top of him.

“No, I’m feeling a little nervous,” I sit beside him, feeling his heat soothe my nerves. If he was close by tomorrow I think I’ll be able to pull through.

“If its tough, you don’t have to do it. I-”

“No, I can do it. I can.”

Kakashi takes half of his blanket and throws it over me, making me scoot closer to him. Our thighs and shoulders touched, and it reminded of me of the time we slept under the same blanket.

“Why aren’t you sleeping?”

“Tomorrow we’ll cross Kannabi bridge, and it was there that Obito’s life ended. I can’t help but remember that day like it happened just yesterday. I’m remembering the promise I wasn’t able to keep, he must be so angry with me,”

“He did say he wanted to look into the future with you, well there was peace after the war wasn’t there, and thanks to the destruction of that bridge the Leaf won the war. I think you’ve done more than enough repaying the broken promise. You couldn’t do anything about what happened to Rin, she went to war knowing she could die, and she sacrificed herself for the village, I can’t think of a death more fitted for a shinobi. They both risked their lives for the greater good, and they death surely aren’t in vain,” I say. Kakashi puts an arm around my shoulder, bringing me to his side. I felt his body rumble in a quiet laughter.

“When did you become so wise? You’ve grown so much in four months, its almost unbelievable,” He laughs again, but I don’t say anything. I enjoy his laughter and his presence before today’s fatigue finally catches up to me.

Kakashi’s POV

She always knew the right thing to say, she was a caring woman, and a wise one. Her experience and pain has molded her, and rather than hide them away she used her experience to her advantage. She’s beautiful with her words, she doesn’t realize the affect she has on others. Her innocence attracts others who are consumed in darkness, and I for one have been one of those. I am nothing more than a shinobi who has seen the color red too many times, but she soaks it all away. When she talks my worries vanish, and when she smiles I can’t explain the affect she has on me.

I was so furious to know I am not the only one who sees her. Those roses and sweets made me want to wrap her in a blanket so no one else can see what I selfishly want for myself. I know tomorrow will be nerve wracking for her, and I should move her to guard upstairs, but I can’t let her out of my sight tomorrow. I want her my my side when we battle. Kiyoko lays her head on my shoulder when she finally falls asleep. Her body curls onto mine, looking for the heat that protects her in the open sky. I feel her hands curl into my sleeve, I didn’t let her go that night either.

Kiyoko’s POV

When I wake that early morning, Kakashi has already packed everything but his blanket. I see Sakura and Sai folding their gear back in their packs as well. Sakura wears a huge grin on her ear, but I ignore it as I fold Kakashi’s blanket and give it back to him. Today was the day of the mission and anything can go. I tie my hair back, making sure I have a clear view of all of my surroundings. Kannabi bridge was ten minutes away and the village was about twelve minutes away.

“I want all you to take your flak jacket and your forehead protector off. I don’t want the enemy to know we are from the Leaf Village. We’ll come into contact with the client shortly after we cross the bridge so be prepared. We’ll stop them and I’ll go in place of him. We’ll follow the strategy we went over yesterday,” Kakashi takes his forehead protector off. I begin to take my own off, without my gear it will be hard to know what village I belong to. We dash through the trees getting to the bridge quickly.

“Kiyoko when I give you the signal, I want you to use your wild water wave, and drench all of the enemies. I’ll use my chidori to electrocute them, that way we use the least amount of chakra before we transform into our character.” I nod to Kakashi’s plan. Sai is posted on top of a tree, with his super beast scroll animals close at hand. Sakura is hidden well under the bridge, she can knock it down with a powerful fist or two. Kakashi’s and I wait on opposite ends on the bridge, I can see him clearly for the signal. I had my wild water wave ready in my mouth, the amount and chakra level were balanced, just the signal was needed to let it all go. We wait some time before I sense people coming over the bridge, I look at Kakashi. He had his hand up, as he looked over a bit to see the client and his guards. My heartbeat felt stronger, but I shooed it away. I need to concentrate. I wanted to start a mission on a great jutsu. I can hear the crunch of the dirt on the pavement very clearly, any second now.

I see Kakashi give me the sign, I get to my feet, finally letting the water wave drench the enemy. There were four of them, and they were out like a light when Kakashi used my water to make the lightning travel faster. Sakura and Sai come out of hiding.

“Wow never seen them go down so quickly, its not even fun,” Sakura says.

“Sai use one of your snake beasts to tie them up, we have to make sure they don’t show up to meeting,” Kakashi goes through a briefcase one of the guys had. He must be the client that Kakashi will later transform into. All of the paperwork was there, all the orders and money, everything was set. Next stage is to capture and detain one of the mistress that I will go in as. We can’t have two of the same mistress going in. It was going to be hard, but there was a restroom in there, one of them is bound to go in there at some point. We run to the pub that is located near the edge of the village. It looked like a regular pun if you didn’t know any different. We stopped far enough to change our appearance for the time being, I pictured myself with red hair instead, and black eyes, I changed my height as well, I made sure I didn’t look anything like myself. Even my clothing was differentiated. I pictured a normal villager with average proportions. I didn’t want to attract too much attention. Sakura and Sai change as well, Sai transformed into a woman, a very beautiful woman, I hope he doesn’t attract too much attention.

“Change into a man!” Sakura complains.

“Why? I think changing it up a bit is healthy. I read in a book that if a woman looks better than yourself, you tend to get insecure. Are you insecure Sakura?”

“Oh shut up,” She pouts. Sakura’s transformation is well done, all of ours are. Sai changes into man to Sakura’s request. Kakashi transformed into what looked like an average working man who was going to the pub for a drink. He had working clothes on, and handkerchief around his neck. I’m surprised he didn’t put a mask over his transformation. Kakashi’s hair was brown and long. His face was exposed and tan. We all looked like strangers.

We were going to wait for a mistress to go to the bathroom, then Sakura and I will ambush her in there. I’ll contain her with a water whip while Sakura punches her lights off.

“Just don’t kill her,” I tell Sakura as we walk to the pub. She gives me the thumbs up. Kakashi extends his elbow for me. I look up at him, his new face smiles for me, and takes my hand. He makes me grab his elbow.

“We’ll attract less attention this way,” He says. I nod, and walk a bit closer to him. I see Sai’s arm around Sakura’s shoulder. In their present transformed appearance they looked like a real couple, but if people only knew how different those two were. We enter the pub, I held my breath for a bit. The air was thick with smoke, and alcohol was everywhere. Sakura and Sai follow us to a table near the window. I looked around for the mistresses that were supposed to be the drug dealer’s guards. They stand out immediately, their figures are larger than average, they were beautiful. I lean closer to Kakashi, “those are them aren’t they?”

He nods. I keep an eye on them, but not making it too obvious. A waitress comes to give us a few drinks, Sakura and Sai know better than to touch them, but I force myself to drink a bit. It would be awkward to not drink at a pub. Kakashi drinks his quickly. At the far side of the pub a mistress guard begins to walk in the direction of the bathroom. Kakashi pushes me a little out of the booth, and Sakura and I make our way to get her. The bathroom are small, making is easier for us to capture her since we are both good at close combat.

Sakura closes the bathroom door behind us, using her strength to contort the knob so no one else can come in. The mistress was adjusting herself in front of the mirror, especially making her chest look it was going to fall out of her short dress. I wish I didn’t have to look like that in a few moments. Sakura handed me a lipstick she packed, while she applied some lotion. We stood on either side of the mistress. She leans into the mirror just a bit too close and I give Sakura the sign to make contact. She acts quickly, Sakura pushes the mistress into the mirror, hard enough to get her off balanced. I have my water whip around her quickly, she struggles, but I’ve managed to seal her mouth with my water nature. Part two is complete, thanks to the information we had before hand we know there is a window we can jump out of, that is where Kakashi and Sai will meet us, and we’ll move to the last part of the mission. Thankfully everything has been going the way we planned it, and I pray it ends well.
Chapter end notes: Next chapter will be emotional in some ways. I'm bringing back someone from her past and you guys will hate me and love me, but this is my story and I write it how I want it. haha lol.
Love everyone who's been reading so far. Let me know what you guys think!

Until next chapter!