TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: thanks for waiting. Hope you enjoy the chapter.
Here I was trying to wrap my head around the idea that I am supposed to be peace. It’s not possible. I can’t become a wood sage, I’m not even a senju.

“Its impossible. I can’t learn forest sage, I am not of senju bloodline,” I counter. Sage Moriko simply smiles.

“I understand this is a lot of information to process. I saw this vision ten years ago, the year you left your village. At first I thought it was a coincidence, but I am beginning to have my doubts. I kept an eye on you all of these years, I had to make sure you were the one, and once the child of prophecy saved you, I knew I had to contact you immediately. I predict Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki, and you will change this world, and you will be the greatest savior of this world. We need to train you, for anything that is to come. As not being from senju bloodline, I can’t be certain, I do not know who you are. For all we know you are from senju bloodline. Anyone can master wood technique, you just need a strong body and mind to do so. So many have tried to master this but have failed because their minds were not pure. You have both strong body and mind. I’ve seen it, the strength of your mind, do you think you were able to suppress the tailed beast all of these years without a seal because you have a strong body, it was your mind you held him back. You are capable of becoming much more. I am begging you, for the safety of the future to let Tomoko and I guide you down your journey,”

The sage has out her hand on mine, and I can feel her pulse through her hand. She was relaxed and hopeful, and her eyes were true. I was supposed to save this world, I was supposed to be peace. Along this journey I am supposed to take, I may find the answer to peace. I don’t know if I am willing to take the chance, I wasn’t sure if I could trust them, not yet.

“Three years, Kiyoko, and we need to start training now. Its inevitable,” Tomoko speaks once again.

“Even if I do agree, I don’t have the chakra nature to make wood jutsus. I am a water nature, not earth, and I know you need both,” I say, feeling relief that I am not the chosen one. The sage and Tomoko look at one another. Sage Moriko and Tomoko stand, and an opening opens to go out. I run after them, and back into the center of the tree. I see Tomoko and Sage Moriko waiting for me to catch up.

“Where are we going?” I ask.

“To show you your chakra nature,” Tomoko lands once again on my shoulder.

“I told you I have water nature,”

The sage moves her hands into seals, and soon the ground beneath me is moving. In instinct I have already put chakra at the base of my feet, so I don’t fall as we make our way farther away from the ground. I look up, but it was still so dark. I was beginning to worry that we were going to hit the top very soon, but after five minutes of elevating up, I see a doorway letting light in. She settles the ground for me to hop out through the opening, and I find myself standing on a branch. It was wide and sturdy, I didn’t fear of falling.

Tomoko goes ahead and grabs the only small leaves that I see on this tree. It was like the tree was living on a bigger tree. She hands me the green leaf.

“Go on concentrate your chakra into it,”

I do, and I smirk when I feel water slip through my fingers.

“I told you s-”

I stop midway through my sentence. Mud began to slip through my fingers instead. I open my palms, and see my hands full of mud, the mixture of earth and water. I couldn’t even begin to gather my thoughts.

“You see this tree’s seed was a high concentration of chakra. I tend it by giving it chakra and receiving it. These leaves pick up the little chakra nature they pick up, and as I have seen in my vision and you have seen too, there is earth chakra in you too.”

I look to see the smirks on both Sage Moriko and Tomoko. They’ve played me well, and at the moment, I couldn’t think of an excuse to not train here. I’ll get stronger, and I’ll finally be able to protect the village. And I’ll finally be able stand against my father.

“If the world does need me, then I will try my best to keep the peace we have, and improve the currents situations. I can’t guarantee anything, I don’t believe I am peace, but I’ll try,”

“That is great! Thank you so much, the world will surely appreciate it. The future generations will forever be in your debt.”

“What is the danger that you saw in your visions?” I ask. Tomoko and the Sage sit in front of me, I can feel the serious tensions rolling off of them. I fear what they are going to tell me.

“I don’t know what it is, I have never seen so much power, it is out of this world. It is more powerful than the beast you hold inside you. That is why we must help you learn Wood technique and controlling the beast. There is a sacred place to the south of the forest, that is where you will fight the beast and control it. Then you will not be afraid to harm anyone you love. After you have mastered Wood Technique and the beast mode, you will combine your jutsus. I believe that is the only way to defeat this unknown power. It will be hard, but three years is all we have left.”

Unknown power, and its even more powerful that the beast I hold inside me. What in the demon is it, because it sure isn’t from this world.

“With this power, I believe you will become a ninja in its own level. The last time I trained someone it was Hashirama, but you have a very dark and powerful chakra in you. Not only that but your own chakra is greater than his, I believe someone purposely erased you from existence for your own safety. I just don’t know who is powerful enough to do that,” the Sage looks troubled.

More powerful the a ninja who is godlike, I couldn’t really believe that will actually happen, not to me.

“For the time being we will go ahead with the schedule. I will investigate, and tell you if anything does come up.” Sage Moriko gives Tomoko a quick nod before she leaves us alone.

“Okay, time to focus. First off lets get you to use earth nature. It has to be as string as your water nature. Too much water nature and it will turn into mud, so gra another leave and think about the ground,” Tomoko says.

“Wait, Sage Moriko said I will train here, but what about my training in the Leaf? Eri, and the others will get suspicious if I disappear again.”

“You’re right. Okay come closer. I’ll mark you with my summoning jutsu, when I see that you are not busy I will summon you here, but you have to secretly practice on your own as well. We’ll change our training course for today. Instead of learning earth jutsu, I will teach you summoning jutsu. You’ll be able to summon the owls of this forest,” Tomoko lifts my shirt a bit before I feel her feathers on my bare back. I feel a pinch, but that is all.

“Summoning jutsu needs a contract to be signed,” Tomoko weaves her hand and then a small scroll appears in her hands.

“You sign in with your blood, every time you summon us you must do it with your blood. It connects us, so we know where to go. You are the first person who will summon us, Hashirama never was a summoning user, so he never did use this jutsu. Go on bite your thumb and sign,” Tomoko unrolls the contract for me. I do as she says, signing my name with my blood, the other slots are empty, I was the only one who has signed this.

“You’ll be able to use us in battle if you see fit,”

“How will I explain it to the others once they see I can summon. Kakashi said I wasn’t supposed to train while he was gone.”

“Never mind that now, you’ll come up with something. First you find a place where you want to summon, and then you concentrate your chakra and...” Tomoko says as she shows me. I have seen this technique before. I might be able to get it quickly.

“The more chakra you use the more powerful the animal you summon. That is why summoning animals during battle can save your life. Now you try.”

I do as she says, memorizing the hand signs. I lay my hand on the ground, releasing my chakra. I feel energized, and then there is a poof of white smoke. I see a white feather beneath my hand.

“You’re not concentrating enough, do it again,” Tomoko says. So that is how I spend my first day training to become a sage. Time seems to go by slower here, than the rest of the world, or maybe it was because I am so tired. Even though my body has been restored to its height, my mind hasn’t. I see the dense forest from a branch, and i see the setting sun behind the massive leaves. I can see everything in front of me, but I still can’t believe this is the path my life is following.

Will I really be able to defeat this unknown, nonhuman power. I stare at my hands in front of me, the mud has dried long ago, I looked like everyone else, human, but I am different. And I choose to use my uniqueness for the greater good. I’ll save this world for future generations, I’ll never let anyone go through what I have been through. Everyone has a home, others just find it a bit later than others.

“Lets call it a day, I’ll show you where you can sleep tonight. I’ll get someone bring you something to eat.” Tomoko grows once again, she is great at changing her size. She nods her head to her back, she is big enough for me to be carried on her back with ease. She flaps her wings and soon enough we are in the air. I’m too tired to think about food, so I fall asleep with the wind blowing in my ears. Tonight I finally slept a dreamless night.

The next time I wake, I sit up in a bed I have been put in. The walls and pretty much everything is made of wood, and I’m guessing I am inside home tree. There are different variations of nuts in bowls on my bedside table, along with tea. I eat what I can, but I had to begin training again. Summoning is important, I’ll be able to summon Tomoko when I need her.

Tomoko and I spend the rest of the day practicing the summoning jutsu. I haven’t seen Sage Moriko all day either.

“Today is the last day we have to learn the summoning jutsu, we need to get back on track so I’m taking drastic measures,” Tomoko says as we go back to the branch we were on yesterday.

“What do you mean drasti-” I say, but Tomoko gives me a harsh push, and soon I am falling to my death. My heart was in my throat, but I managed to bite my bloody thumb, and weave my shaky hands. Please, let this time be successful, I don’t want to splat all over the forest floor. I stretch out my hand before me, and a puff of white appears again, this time I feel contact stop me, I feel smooth feathers beneath me. And once the smoke has vanished I see a large owl flying beneath me. I hand on tight, I’ve finally done it. I sigh, one jutsu down, countless of others to go. The brown owl flies me back to Tomoko who smiles when she sees me.

“You’re crazy! What if I hadn’t summoned the owl! What would have happened to me?”

“I knew you were going to do it, so lets not worry about it, we still have a lot to do,” Tomoko cuts a leave from the small tree,it was back to the first plan. That is how I spent the rest of my time at the forest. If I was concentrating correctly, the leaf should have turned into dirt, but so far only one fourth of the leaf has turned into dirt.

“I’m going to send you back to the Leaf, until I summon you practice on your own. If anything does come up, you know how to summon me,” Tomoko says. I don’t have time to respond because I feel nothing at one point and then I am finally back in Kakashi’s bedroom, on his bed, like I never left. It was freezing, I realize just how warm the forest was. I toss the cold blankets aside, and make my way to the kitchen. No one has been here while I was away, and it makes me feel sad that Eri really did leave me. I wonder if she will ever forgive me and come back.

While I was training Tomoko took the liberty to give her advice on the situation, they saw everything through that crystal ball of theirs. They saw how the beast takes advantage of my dreams, he influenced me to do it, they saw it in my eyes. Tomoko said fear will only make the beast stronger, that fear can’t hurt me anymore than a dream. I am more afraid of feeling fear than what causes fear itself, and she is right. I am more afraid of feeling weak and useless than the beast. If I want to become stronger than I can’t be afraid of myself. I'll be strong for Eri, and for her daughter. I’ll be strong for Sakura, Kakashi and Naruto. I’ll strong for the village. I see through the kitchen window how thick the snow fall has gotten, no one is outside anymore, it was late evening, and the snow has covered everything in a good couple feet of snow. Even if it is cold, I don’t feel like ice anymore. I go around the house making sure every window is still shut, and I make Kakashi’s bed. I hear the front door slam open, and then I hear the clattering of dropping packs.

“Kiyoko,” I hear Kakashi say, I fold the blanket over his pillow waiting for him to find me. I still don’t know what I will say to him. He’ll notice, I know he will. I see him turn into the hallway, I can see him let out a deep breathe. The snow hasn’t melted off of him yet. I feel the cold air come along with him, he finally gets to me.

“Welcome bac-” I say, but he takes my shoulders in his hands. His hot breath is going through his mask, and skimming my cheek.

“Eri told me.” He brings me into a hug, a lot like the one he left me with. He didn’t let me go for a while this time. I wasn’t so afraid to see his reaction anymore, I didn’t want him to be disappointed in me.

“You’re so warm,” He sighs. I must have felt like ice the last time he hugged me. I watched the snow melt into his clothes. He pulls away but still holds me shoulders. I see his eyes skim my face and then my eyes. I knew he was going to notice, I went against his wishes, I trained anyways, but now I have to lie about it.

“You’ve changed,” I hear him say to himself. He touches my cheek, “the ice is gone.”

“You’re freezing, I’m going to get the tea started while you settle in.” I leave the bedroom before he gets a good look at me. He noticed and part of me was glad that he cares, and another wishes I didn’t have to lie to him. Without trust what do I have?

I was pouring the tea, when the front door opens again. This time a very worried and angry Eri storms in. I look for Kakashi for help, but he managed to slip into the shower at this very moment.

“How dare you Kiyoko!”

“I’m sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I was-”

“You lock yourself away. I came here everyday, but I couldn’t check how you were doing, or if you were eating because the damn front door was locked! How would I know if something happened to you! I was so worried, and Kakashi was too! You can’t be selfish anymore, you’re not going through anything alone anymore, so just let us in,” Eri yanks her gloves off and her scarf, throwing them on the couch. She had angry tears rolling down her face. I smiled a bit, at least she wasn’t afraid. I could deal with her being angry.

“You think this is funny? Well please tell me the part that is funny?”

“Eri. I’m very sorry. I just needed some alone time that’s all. And take deep breathes, I don’t think this stress is healthy for the baby.”

“Worry about yourself for once. Kiyoko I had to go four days without knowing how you were doing. Being alone doesn’t solve a damn thing! I’m going to say it once more, and listen well Kiyoko Tsukino stop being so selfish!”

I laugh, it felt like being scolded by a mother. Eri was the mother figure in my life, better late than never right. I can see a vain pop on her neck. Eri walks over smacking me in the back of my head. Then she hugs me. I feel her anger fade away, “I am not afraid of you, we’re okay,” she whispers to me. I feel warmth everywhere, I’m glad I have them to lean on.

“You look great actually, maybe having some me time is okay,” Eri says. Please just sip your tea before Kakashi hears what she is saying. I smile and enjoy being back.
Chapter end notes: Leave any feedback!

Side note: Who's seen the fault in our stars? I read it and then saw it, it was amzeballs! Cried my eyes out.

Until next chapter