TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Its kinda short sorry, but I loved writing this. So excited for you guys to read the next couple chapters. I really think it adds character and plot development. Anyways enjoy!!
I change in record time, before open my bedroom door. Kakashi is there, not fully dressed. I zip up my flak jacket.

“Aren’t you coming?” I ask, skipping breakfast. He shakes his head. Okay, so she wanted to talk to me only, I don’t know what to think. I hope its not bad news, Kakashi walks me to the door, I quickly slip on my sandals and start to Lady Tsunade’s office. I brush my hair with my fingers while I lightly jog there. I only got six hours of sleep, but my body was awake from the start. It has to be good news, I did welcome the year with a smile, I even counted the stars like I always do, but maybe that was the bad luck charm after all. I take two stairs at a time, and finally slow down my pace to a stroll. I see the green door come into view. Its silent and no one else is around, I was about to knock the door, when I hear Lady Tsunade talk.

“Its a covert mission. Infiltrate the Moon Village and gather as much information without being noticed. All of you know the reason for this mission, we must know what that island holds. We must know if it may become a future threat. I have gathered intel on the higher villagers of the village. Depart immediately, dismissed.”

My body goes cold, and all I hear is my shallow breathing. She sent them out there anyways, she didn’t even consider their safety. Was this what it meant to be a shinobi, to just throw your life around and hope you don’t die? I had to bite my lip to force me to not barge in and stop this mission. I felt angry and crestfallen, they were sent to their deaths. No matter how much information you have about my father, he is a shinobi of great skill. No stats will prepare anyone for him. At the very least Lady Tsunade should have consulted with me, she should have atleast let me on this mission, to be a guide of somesort.

“Oh Kiyoko, you’re here, step right in,” I hear Shizune say from behind me. I breathe, trying to put up my best act. Pretend I just arrived, I didn’t hear anything, I thought to myself. I put my best fake smile, “Right, good morning Shizune.” I open the door, Lady Tsunade is sitting behind her desk as always. I get even angrier with looking at her, she has the perfect poker face. Its like she didn’t just send them to their doom. It was my problem, I should be the one to deal with it, not the innocent of another town!

“Kiyoko, I don’t necessarily have a mission for you yet, but I wanted to check the strength of the seal. When I have an appropriate mission for you, I’ll let you know. All we have now is genin level missions.” I nod, I’m afraid that if I speak then I would show my emotions. I hide them well. I walk to her side and let her touch my forehead and midriff.

“Looks like everything is strong. Do you feel anything I should worry about?”

I shake my head, still not saying a word.

“Very well you may go,” she says, I bow and leave the room as quickly as possible. I clench my fists as I stomp down the stairs. What could I do? If I leave the village and somehow stop the ninja who were sent, would I be accepted back? I touch my pouch, I did have everything I needed to go. I could simply go to the Moon Village and help them gather the information. I could, but that would be giving my father a chance to capture me.


“I can’t be afraid of going out of the village. I’m not an animal that should be caged and hidden from hungry eyes,” I whisper to myself. That was all I needed to convince my angry mind. I was going after them, I take off north east, not bothering to go through the gate, instead I jump over the roof tops and over the wall. I look back one more time, it may be the last time I ever see this village. Kakashi’s face comes to mind, and Hinata, Sakura, and Naruto’s, all of them came like a flood. For the time being I was leaving them behind, I was being selfish, I knew that. It’ll be a three day journey, and the village only has one way to get there. If I get there before the squad then maybe they’ll let me guide them to my father’s office. I don’t stop once I’m off, I jump from tree branch to tree branch, ignoring the complaint from my thighs.

Here I thought I wouldn’t have to return to the village ever again. What if I face my father? What if I face Asami’s mother? What would I do then? What would happen if they did capture me? What would they do to power once they did get it? I shake my head, no I won’t let them. I’ll never let anyone control me, or the beast.

“You’re an idiot you know that! All you’re doing it going to your death too. Leave those imbeciles to die, they chose to go. Why risk your life for them? If you’re captured they won’t come for you, after all you aren’t really one of them,” the monster yells from inside my head.

“I risk my life for them because I have to. I will protect them, I will not let them die for me, not for my mess!” I yell back louder.

“You can’t protect everyone, you already know that. I don’t care what you do, but if you go back to the island you know you won’t come out again. He’ll control me, and eventually he’ll attack the Leaf.”

“Why the Leaf? What do you know that I don’t.” I spit at him. I don’t receive an answer, which bothers me. He knows something, that I don’t, and it could possibly be information that could save us this mess. He was keeping it to himself, I found it unfair, how he lived in my head, and could see every thought, but I had no idea what was inside of his. I keep moving, not wanting to get there after the squad, I push my body through the first night, only stopping once for a restroom break, and water, I didn’t even think about food. I’ll find a few fruit trees as I get closer to the ocean, I know the terrain, I spent a lot of my time out here. I pass small villages, but everything blurred together. I didn’t feel any fear as I got closer to my old home. I thought I would never come near it again, but my confidence has gone up since then. I am no longer the same person I once was. Just look after me Suzu.

On the second day I eat my fair share of strawberries that grew in the wild. I stopped once again, for water from a river that flowed to the ocean. By then I wonder what Kakashi would be thinking right about now. Would he notice I have not gone home? I wonder if anyone noticed my departure at all, I’m sure they did since I would have noticed my comrade’s absence.

I arrive to the shore late that afternoon, I catch my breath, I managed to get here in two days rather than three. I’m sure the squad Lady Tsunade sent are highly skilled in infiltration so I’m sure they will arrive soon. I expect the ANBU to be here rather than jounin ninja. I sit under the shade of a large tree. In front of me was the pier and beyond that a speck of island, the size of a fly. It was out there, the island Lady Tsunade was so desperate to infiltrate. I wasn’t scared, but I was nervous. I couldn’t keep my hands from shaking, I held onto the grass beneath me. They should some this way, it was the easiest route to the village, and I don’t think they would just walk there. If I would infiltrate a village I would disguise myself among the commoners, wear their clothing and use their accents in language. I sit there, making it clear that I was visible to anyone who came. It was just about sun down when I hear a rustle behind me. I stand and turn, making sure my leaf symbol was not blocked by my hair.

“Kiyoko, what are you doing here?” I hear someone say. I recognize that voice, it belonged to Yamato, but I didn’t know which one he was. There were four masked man, I should have known he was in the ANBU, it didn’t surprise me.

“I know I may be jeopardizing the mission, but I know this village with a blindfold tied over my eyes. I know where all the weak points and blindspot are. And I know where my father’s office is, and secret archive vault that is hidden inside his office. I can help. I’ll keep up,” I explain. I see Yamato remove his mask.

“Does anyone know you’re here?” I shake my head, and I hear him sigh.

“Leaving the village without permission will get you in a lot of trouble, and not only that but intruding on an ANBU mission.”

“I know that.”

He sighs again, before he thinks. A hand under his chin, and his eyes averted to the ground.

“Very well, but I’ll need you to swallow one of my seeds. I’ll be able to locate you if we do get separated.”

He hands me a small seed, I swallow it, trusting that it won’t grow inside me. I was glad he believed in my strength to let me tag along. He explain the plan to me, we’ll wait until sunrise and go on the next ship there. We’ll be disguised as villagers, he thought about going out there tonight and looking for a blind spot to go through, but I saved him the trouble. I map out the island with a stick in the ground, circling the best blind spot, it was just beneath a cliff. The crashing waves should block out our noise, and view. It was dangerous because of the crashing waves, but Yamato would stabilize us with his wood jutsu. We had everything planned out, and I thought the plan would work out, and we would all get home safely. That was until Moon ninjas attacked us in the middle of the night.
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading!! All feedback is welcome.

What do you think will happen to Kiyoko and the ANBU?

Until next chapter!!