TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here is another chapter for you lovely readers! I am so excited to write the next few chapters!!! Here comes another surprise!
It was finally the day before the new year eve, just yesterday I went into Lady Tsunade’s office and received my diploma and flak jacket. I’ve added to my outfit, I now wear my jacket everyday, it felt right. It felt nice, and all the great adjectives to describe it. Three days ago I went to get my picture taken for my identification papers. It was the first time I had my picture taken. I tried to be serious, but the smile wanted to be seen. Kakashi bought me a frame for my diploma, it now hangs in my bedroom, just above my dresser. I see it everyday, reminding me of my achievements. A built in encouragement, so I don’t forget to always keep fighting against the beast in me. No matter how much weight I carry on my shoulder, as long as I am standing, I’ll be closer to becoming a jounin. I still had restless nights, but they were slowly getting better. I walk around the neighborhood, watching shop owners and merchants scramble to prepare for tonight, the shrine was clean and stocked with written oracles. Everything was frantic but it would all be worth it at midnight. I even made special breakfast this morning, Kakashi left the sweet paste on the side, I knew he would, but I still gave him a serving for the hell of it.

I make my way back to the apartment, waiting to make lunch, but Kakashi was running a little late. He must be busy too, I wonder if I’ll ever be needed like Kakashi is needed in the village. I wanted to be on missions after missions, earning my pay, and earning my jounin status. I pray Lady Tsunade will be thinking of assigning me a mission soon. I hear the door slam open, and heavy breathing Kakashi tugs his shoes off.

“Sorry... I...I had to get something,” Kakashi had a bag in his hand, but they aren’t groceries. I wave him off, lunch has just been served. He sets the bag on the couch, and takes off his jacket and headband, just recently he began wearing a scarf too. A red one, he bought me one too, a nice light pink scarf. It kept me warm while I walked outside. The days were short and cold, as everyday passes, I begin to see the changes more clearly. My room is more personal, and the villagers that I see nearly everyday greet me with my name in mind. I felt grateful that they didn’t know who I really was. Kakashi eats everything since there are no sweets, he is picky like a child. He returns to the kitchen after leaving, the bag is in his hands.

“I got you something. Consider it a late birthday present, new year present, and a congratulation present all in one,” Kakashi gives me the bag. My heart beats faster, this was my first present, I was glad I have experienced so many firsts in the Leaf. So I pull out the surprise, it felt cold and soft against my hands. I pulled it out, and there it was a neatly folded cloth. I unfold it, and it was the kimono, the purple kimono, he bought all of it. I breathe in the scent, I touch the fabric to my nose. It was beautiful, I throw my arms around him before I could think about it. I feel tears coming down my cheeks, he’s done so much for me already, he went out of his way to buy this. It was the entire outfit, I felt him hesitate, but I feels his arms go around me. He smells like laundry. I’ll always remember hugging him, for the first time.

“How did you know?” I ask in his ear.

“Sakura told me all about it. Eri is coming over to help you put it on later today,” Kakashi says and finally pulls away. I feel cold without the warmth of his body, but I hug the kimono to myself. I couldn’t stop smiling. I hang the kimono on my wall, making sure not a single wrinkle would be created. And he wasn’t lying, because at four in the afternoon, Eri was knocking on our front door. Kakashi left us to ourselves, he said he had a few things to do before tonight. Erii leaves the large tote in my room, before we go to the kitchen and drink some tea.

“Are you wearing a kimono tonight too?” I ask and pour the warm tea.

“Ya, I always do, its the only time of the year that I dress up, so I might as well go all out.”

“Today will be the first time I’ve ever worn a kimono, thanks for helping me,” I say. She smiles, her lips coated in red gloss.

“I also brought bobby pins, so we can play with your hair a little. I think an updo with the accessory would look lovely. Your pale, and your hair is raven black, an updo would let you show your face that you’ve been hiding. And because you’re flawless, just a little mascara would make your eyes look greener. Kakashi will surely be left speechless.”

I don’t say anything about the last part, there isn’t much I can say about it anyways. But flawless, I was far from it. I let her tug me to my room, she gets a chair from the dining table, and sets it in the middle of my room. She finally starts taking things out of her tote bag. Eri was getting bigger quickly, she had to ug her shirt , but it never went down all the way anymore. I could tell her face and her feet were swelling. But she was as energetic as ever. I sit on the chair, she takes out small boxes, and a hairspray can. A few pins with jewels sparkled on my bed. Different shaped combs were everywhere, I only owned one. She began to brush my hair, taking pieces up, and in. Pins were stabbed into my hair, a few scraped my scalp. Slowly I felt less hair touching my back, and soon all of my hair was pinned on my head. Eri pinned the flower accessory to a side. She claps her hand, “You look so wonderful. I’m jealous of you, Kiyoko. Here I am fat and pregnant, but you are beautiful.”

“I shouldn’t be. I mean you still look great. You’ll look even more beautiful when you put on your kimono. It’ll make your small tummy look invisible.”

The sun was setting when Eri helped me into my kimono. I slipped it on, and she tied it. I helped her wrappe the cloth around my waist, she tied an elegant bow in the back. And for the last touch she applied a swipe of mascara. It went on my eyelashes, which I found weird, I thought it was on the eyelids, but I was no expert. All through the process Eri wouldn’t let me steal a look at myself in the mirror, but she finally held it in front of me. She was right, I looked brighter. More refreshed with my hair up, and away from my eyes. My eyes looked more vibrant, and a smile decorated my face. The purple kimono made me look a little curvier, but not too much to notice, but my pale skin and the deep purple complimented each other. I was never one to think about my appearance, it was never a priority, but I had to say I loved how I looked. Mostly because there was a beaming grin on my face, I want to make up for the time I spent frowning and crying.

“Okay, you’re all finished. I have to go and get ready myself,” Eri says and starts packing her belongings, I help her.

“Thank you so much. Next time I’ll help you,” I say. She laughs, “I don’t think that would be a great idea, no offense, but you don’t look like a girl who knows about cosmetics.”

I shrug, it was true. I walk her to the door, and see her off. She had her hand under her slow growing tummy, but it was there and a smile was there too. I hear her say from a afar, “Kakashi, you better keep Kiyoko close to you or someone will snatch her up.”

Then I see Kakashi walking up the stairs, he was turning away, probably waving goodbye to Eri. I step out of the doorway, the sun has set, and the stars had come out of hiding. The moon was full tonight, and I could hear the buzz of the crowd from the streets below. Kakashi finally turns to see me, I’m not sure how I feel right now. I wanted to show him the kimono he bought me, but my face felt hotter than usual. The cold air cooled them down. Kakashi walks closer, his eyes on me.

“Uh, You, you look wonderful a kimono Kiyoko. Do you want to go head to the shrine?” He asks. I nod, and lock the door behind me. He waits for me to catch up, we walk besides each other. The shrine was not too far away, but the streets were crowded and we stopped at a few booths. We eat different booth food, filling our stomach with festive cuisine. I didn’t cook dinner, but I didn’t mind. Kakashi and I still ate together. It was two hours before the new year when we make it to the line, it was wide, but the villagers including myself would wait to give our prayers to the shrine.

“You’ve been smiling all evening, I know it will be a good year, if you smile as we say goodbye to the old year and welcome the new one,” Kakashi rubs his hands together. His breath could be seen in front of him, my breath were puffs of tiny clouds.

“Then I’ll smile all night if I have to. My past years no longer matter to the new one. I’ll start new and untroubled. I’m not afraid to be alone anymore, and its all thanks to you, and to everyone else I’ve met. This year is one I’ll never forget,” I smile.

“You won’t be alone anymore.” I hear him say, but I wasn’t sure if he said to me or to himself, but either way I trust him. I felt like I was never going to truly feel alone again. I see Sakura with her family talking to Kurenai, and Asuma, they were ahead of us, I see Sakura in a pink kimono, and Kurenai wore a red rose kimono. They both looked very beautiful.

“What was your favorite memory of this year?” I ask Kakashi, he has tucked his hands in his pockets, I wished I had pockets, my fingers were numb from the cold. I tuck my hands in my sleeves.

“I’ve had many great events this year, but my favorite would be seeing Sasuke, and Naruto work together to stop the Sand from destroying the Leaf. And your?”

“Coming to this village, and finally feeling at home, I’ll cherish my time here,” I reply. We wait in the cold, but the body heat from the line kept me warm. We began to hear the murmurs of the time, only five minutes remained of the year, five minutes until a new fresh start. I could hear the popping sounds of bottles, and the clanking of opening doors. I was getting nervous and excited.

“10!” The crowd began to yell.
“9!”
“8!”
“7!”
“6!”
“5!”
“4!”
“3!”
“2!”
“1!” I yell on the top of my lungs, “Happy New Years!”

I clap my hands and I see everyone else doing the same. And like I promised Kakashi I smiled into the new year. Kakashi smiles, the biggest smile I’ve ever seen on him. He pulls me into a hug, I squeeze back. There isn’t a person I would like to spend my new year with, I pull away first, “Happy New Year Kakashi”

“Happy New Year,” He says. We wait for our turn, but after half an hour we walk up the stairs to the shrine. We clap twice before we ring the bell together, then we pray for a better year than the last. I pray for the safety of the village, and for the safe return of Jiraiya and Naruto. I pray for the well being of my comrades, and I pray for the security of the seal. We let the person next in line come up to the shrine, before Kakashi and I walk around back.

“Mind coming with me to wish Obito and Rin a happy new year? Its kind of a tradition to me.”

“Not at all, but then you’ll have to follow one of my traditions,” I say. He agrees. We walk to the cemetery quickly, our bodies shook in the cold wind, the heat of the crowd no longer protected us. Unconsciously we walked closer to each other. At the entrance he takes a pail and fills it wil water, I help with a few flowers. Every week flowers are provided, fresh and ready for the fallen. Kakashi washes the headstones, like he’s washing all the ad from their graves. He fills the flower cups with new water, and I arrange them the best I could. I give Obito yellow daisies and lilies, yellow symbolizes courage. Bluebells for Rin to show my gratitude for looking after Kakashi and Obito while she was still alive. I was glad that she wanted to protect the village like I do, we both love this village.

I walk back and leave the pail where we got it, and wait for Kakashi there, it felt like he needed a few minutes on his own, I gladly let him. I wished I knew where Suzu was buried, maybe if I knew I would have visited her while I was on the run.

“Alright, what is this tradition of your’s?” He appears from the top of the stairs. I smile, “its better if I show you, just be glad that tonight is a clear night.”

I walk quickly, it was late, and the Moon looked brighter right after midnight, right after New Years. I looked for the tallest building, and began to climb the tree that was next to it, it was easy to get up on the roof, Kakashi doesn't fall behind, we stand on the roof, there are still many villagers on the streets, the village looked like stars in the night, they reflected tonight’s sky.

“Every night of every New Year I would watch the stars and the moon for hours. I tried to count every star before the sun would rise. I wasn’t allowed to celebrate New Years, so I would do this to keep my mind occupied,” I say and lay on the slanted roof. Kakashi laying beside me.

“It’s beautiful,” I hear him whisper. I count the stars, using my pointer finger to keep me track. The moon was bright tonight, the stars were lost in it’s brightness, but I counted. And I counted, I didn’t know how long we stayed there but I counted one hundred ten stars before Kakashi sat up. Finally it was time to rest for the first time of the year. By the time we make it home, it was two in the morning, Kakashi says goodnight and calls it a night. I undress in my room, letting the silky fabric fall. I fold my beautiful kimono, and begin to take out the pins from my hair. I was letting the beauty I felt, be stored away. Who knew when I would wear it again?
I fell asleep on top of my covers, I was tired and ready for the new day.

It was early when I wake up again, there is a knock on my bedroom door. I rub the sleep away, stepping off of my bed.

“Kiyoko, you’ve been summoned by Lady Tsunade.” I hear Kakashi say. My heart races, was I finally going to be assigned to a mission?
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading!! All feedback is welcomed!!

Another random question: What is your favorite book of all time?