TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here's another chapter
Two days ago I went up against Yamato, but today I fight against Kakashi. Today will be a great loss or a great defeat. If I manage to land a scratch on him, I’ll take it. Its been almost two months since I arrived here, and I still haven’t won a fight against him. I may be over my head, but I aim big, I have no time to take small individual steps.

I cook us some breakfast, before we walk to the field. The festival for the third exam was beginning to show in the streets. Booths for children were being built, and shops were going on sale. The festival would go on until new years, one week after the challenge. Every time I thought about it, my mind went back to the purple kimono, the whole package even came with a hair accessory. Oh how I wanted to wear it, but with no way to pay for it, it went on the back burner. Only after I have enough money will I be able to buy it, I hope it’ll be in stock for a while.

“I heard from Yamato, that I should be on my toes. I haven’t seen you in action for a while, so I’m guessing you’ve gotten a lot better. Yamato was kind of embarrassed to admit, that you almost got him with you tearing torrent.”

I laugh. I can picture Yamato saying something like that.

“Would you really think I wouldn’t try to defeat him? I guess I’ve improved faster than anyone anticipated.”

He humphs in approval. I couldn’t wait for the day where I’m actually at his level. Until then I have to get better. I was glad to have Kakashi on his toes, it meant Yamato and him have acknowledged my growth and strength. I was getting there, can you tell I’ve been working hard, Suzu?

Honestly I don’t know how to come at him today. He has lightning chakra, I have water chakra, it wouldn’t go my way if I use my jutsus. I can’t use genjutsu, my only hope is taijutsu, but that is the worst. My forte is ninjutsu, but not today. I can use my shuriken and kunai to my advantage and my shadow clones. I was definitely doubting my ability to beat him. As we get nearer to the field, I see two figures standing, facing each other. I can tell one of them is Sakura, by her pink hair, and the other is Lady Tsunade. They must be training too. We stop close enough that I can hear Sakura’s heavy breathing. I see a small smile stretch across Kakashi’s face. He leans on a tree, while I stand besides him.

“Its ironic, each of the legendary sannin is training team seven. Master Jiraiya is teaching Naruto his ways, while Sasuke learns from Orochimaru. Sakura is standing with Lady Tsunade. They will be the next generation’s heroes. They are going to be a key role in this village’s future. I can’t believe they were just a bunch of idiots when I first met them, now look at them. They’ll surpass me soon enough” Kakashi says as he watched Lady Tsunade moves toward Sakura. I cringe as I see Sakura take a painful blow.

“Women must be strong in order to survive!” Lady Tsunade yells. Strong? I need to be strong if I want to survive this shinobi world. I wonder what he meant about them being heroes. But I leave that question for later. I nudge him a little.

“Are you throwing in the towel already? I think you’re still pretty young, there is still a long road ahead of you.You can’t retire until I beat you in a battle.”

He stares down at me, his eye is unreadable. I couldn’t tell what he felt at the moment, but I didn’t mind being under his glare for a while. We watch a little while longer before Kakashi decides to train at a different field. It was clear that Sakura wasn’t going to call it off a day anytime soon. We make our way through the forest, getting closer to the cave they took me in. The cave where I almost fell apart. I avert my eyes from there, no point in going back to the past. He stops in the middle of the forest, the trees were spread out, the open field was small. This is it?

“The stadium, will have a few trees there. Use the terrain to your advantage. For today we will practice here.”

I nod, beginning to focus on the task in hand. I still didn’t know what I was going to do. For now all I could do was try to put up a fight. I take out a few shurikens, using my chakra to enhance their speed and sharpness. I throw them at him, but they don’t faze him. I’m going to need a little more time. I use a smoke bomb, and hide myself underneath a bush, he’ll find me, but the little time is enough. Throwing shurikens is pointless, he won’t be fooled by mediocre techniques. I make a shadow clone as the smoke thins out, I watch as it uses tearing torrent, Kakashi dodges it. He won’t use his lightning style yet.

Tearing torrent won’t work and neither will the shurikens. I send out another clone, the two clones attack one using tearing torrent and the other tries to keep him unbalanced by throwing shurikens. Both fail, and disappear. I grin a little, they won’t work separately but maybe just maybe if I combine them, it’ll catch him off guard. I crawl out of my hiding spot, and throw another smoke bomb. I use the smoke to produce three clones. Each one will take a position. One to his left, one to his right, one in front of him, and I will be behind him. I take a shuriken and place it in my palm. I begin to form the tearing torrent, I notice the shuriken spin with the rotating water. The smoke is gone, and I see Kakashi standing in the middle of the field, I find it a little suspicious. He would have taken the time to hide his presence too, this might be a shadow clone. Only one way to find out, the other three clones attack, but I close my eyes and try to feel his chakra. I only sense mine, but I feel it. Its faint, like its masked by something. He’s not above me, or beside me. The only place would be beneath me. I focus on the ground, using my chakra at the base of my feet as a transmitter.

I feel energy coming from my right. He must be there. I increase my water chakra concentration and my rotation. I’ll get him, it doesn’t matter if water is weak against earth. I’ll show him hiding is my specialty.

I move into position. I grunt as I make contact with the ground, it was harder than I thought it would be, but I could feel the chakra getting closer. Dirt flew to my direction, making it harder to see where I was moving. I see a poof of white smoke. Did I just land a blow on a shadow clone? Wait what? If this is a shadow clone and the other one is too? Where is the real Kakashi?

“Hey.” Kakashi stands in the middle of the small circular field. So the other one wasn’t a shadow clone. I sigh, I knew today was going to be a failure too.

“You’re supposed to look through deception. I knew if the bait was obvious than you wouldn’t take it, so I used it against you. But I gotta say, using shuriken that are hidden in tearing torrent. That jutsu just became a bit more dangerous.”

We practice taijutsu for a few hours, I didn’t get close to hitting him of course, but I started to have a feel to his battling rhythm. It was noon when we both think it’s enough for today. I wipe the sweat off of my forehead, finally breathing in a deep gasp of air. The air smelled sweeter, the current was spreading the aroma of the baked good in the festival.

“How about lunch at Ichiraku today? And your cooking for dinner of course,” Kakashi asks. I agree, ramen sounds good today. It felt like dinner was more than just a time for a meal. I’m glad that it was so important to both of us. On the way there he told me about Naruto’s experience at the chunin exams. And how he surprised everyone, when he beat Neji on the individual exams. He must have put a great show. Kakashi holds the cloth for me as I enter the long booth. The ramen noodles smelled delicious.

“What can I get you, young lady.” The man behind the counter said. I looked over the menu quickly, the original was what I picked. Kakashi ordered the same. He was actually eating in public, did it mean after our match he actually felt tired. Last time he didn’t even break a sweat, but now that I take a better look at him, he did look worn out.

“ So you and Guy?” Kakashi asks, while we wait for our order. I raise an eyebrow. Me and Guy?

“Huh?”

I see Kakashi hide his face from my view. Why was he getting so nervous? It’s just me.

“You two went out for dinner. How was it?”

“Oh, it was lovely. I couldn’t turn him down, as much as I wanted to make dinner.” I exaggerate, and chuckle. Kakashi leans his head on his hand, waiting for the ramen. I could tell his words were more than they meant, but I wasn’t sure what they really meant.

“Oh what a surprise! Kiyoko! Kakashi!” I hear someone say from behind me. I see Guy standing behind us, as smile on his face. Kakashi sighs, I say hello. Guy takes a seat besides me, scooting his stool a bit too close to me. Our order arrive, the smell was heavenly. I try to eat in silence, but it was hard when Guy kept glancing at me. I drank the broth, cleaning the bowl.

“ Want another bowl? Its my treat?” Guy insists. I shake my head. He already treated me to dinner yesterday, lunch would be too bothersome. “ If you won’t let me treat you to lunch, then perhaps I could treat you to dinner tomorrow night.”

“Oh that is really generous-” I begin to say.

“But she already promised dinner with me” Kakashi says from beside me. He too has finished his bowl, and was paying for my food.

“Hey, Kakashi, we haven’t had our challenged lately. Are you up for one now?” Guy challenges. Kakashi glares at him, his eye sends coldness in the air. It was much more serious now. Their friendship sure is weird.
Chapter end notes: thanks for reading. I would really love this story to be read, so all my readers it would be great to share my story to other fanatics. Thanks for all of your support.

Leave comments/reviews, (the usual)

UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER!!! ;)