TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: for those who don't know I updated chapter one. Go check it out. Sorry for the long wait, haven't been feeling too good, and been busy watching this great anime.

Enjoy the chapter
There were no more distractions next week, and because of that I’ve mastered the three water jutsus I learned. Water whip, wild water wave, and tearing torrent, all three were done and perfected. I didn’t need the seals anymore, and it was easy to form them now. I finally had the feeling of my water base chakra memorized.

This week its all about using them in battle, today I’ll go against Yamato, and then Kakashi. If I get better at using them, because I know I’ll do horribly against them, then I’ll go against both of them at the same time. Its a small goal that I plan on achieving, before the third challenge.

It was midday when Yamato finally arrives at the field, I’ve practicing with shadow clones all morning, but I always end up beating myself with my own techniques. I wasn’t getting any real results. It was getting lonesome.
“Alright lets get down to business. Show me the results of your hard training.” Yamato gets ready for my attack, but I’m not stupid enough to go in blindly, I’ll use shadow clones to get the feel of his fighting skill. I need to see how he reacts to my attack, and think of a plan to counter attack his jutsus.

It was my shadow clones who attack him, using wild water wave. Its gotten better, much better. I can control the distance and amount to my desire. One of the three used tearing torrent and the other water whip. Each clone using my perfected water jutsu. Yamato uses his earth style to fight against my water style. Though my shadow clones are effective, they can’t add chakra like I did with my fight with Asami. They disappear quickly, but my clones gave me the experience.

I knew Yamato wasn’t going to be an easy opponent. He is a wood style user after all. Combining both water and earth style chakra, thats incredible. He goes on the offensive, using earth spikes to get my balance off, then he uses water chakra to push me to my back. I grit my teeth, it was getting harder to keep my feet on the ground, it was going the way he planned. I concentrate chakra on my toes, getting more friction with the ground beneath me. I use a smoke bomb to hide my presence. I see him jump out of the smoke cloud, and I take my chance to throw kunai, without giving away my location. I send a clone his way to distract him, while I slip behind him. I see him easily dodge my kunai, and my clone throws a few punches, but they only strike air. I hide behind a tree, at this angle he wouldn’t be able to see me, sense me perhaps, but not see me.

I form a tearing torrent, the rotation is faster than usual, I was going to throw it and leave a shadow clone behind. That should confuse him. Make him think the shadow clone did it, but by then I will move to a different location and plant another decoy. The more the better the confusion will work. I circle around the field, and by the time I get half way, I’ve planted seven decoy clones, along with tearing torrents, to keep Yamato on his toes.

I see Yamato turn a full circle. he’s clearly confused as to where I am. I smile, so it worked. I send three more clones, all coming from the same place, I run a few more meters, before I blend into two other clones. The first group was to convince him that that group and this group are all shadow clones. I’ll take him by surprise, when he finds out I’m not a clone. I’ll have slow him down to get a blow.

Four shadow have water whips at hand while the other two use water wave against him. Yamato uses earth wall to, block them, one of the clones gets behind him and wraps the whip around him, he slows down, but gets out of the trap. I take that to my advantage, I throw him a tearing torrent. It slices the air with ease, and I feel like I was going to jump with happiness. It was going to land. I see the tearing torrent make contact with his side, but Yamato begins to change. He used a wood clone. If this was a clone, then where is the real him?

Damn, I’ve been tricked. I should have been more observant, he’s a jounin after all. I hear Yamato chuckle not to far from me. I turn to his voice, I find him standing a few meters behind me, he scratches behind his neck.

“Man almost got me, there. Who would have guessed you would have come up with such a brilliant plan. Quantity before quality. Its smart when you know your opponent is powerful, you outnumbered me, with your shadow clones, and your water techniques. If I didn’t slip away and placed a wood clone, you would have definitely land that tearing torrent on me.”

Even though he praised me, I was still a little disappointed in myself. I wanted to get a blow, I wanted him that his time was not wasted on me. I want to show improvement greater than just techniques and tactics. But for now this is as far as I go. I didn’t challenge him again, I knew that all of my secrets were given away and it wouldn’t be much of a fight if we dualed again. By sun down I’ve already called it a day.

I walk alone, but my mind wanders to the challenge that was ahead of me. Who was I going to battle against?Would he or she be better than me? How would I react to their battle type? So many questions that would be left unanswered until that moment. The more I thought about the more nervous I got. I run into Guy when I turn the corner of the street the apartment is on.

“Good evening, Kiyoko. You look dazzling as ever” Guy says. He flashes me his famous smile, and this time throws a wink my way. I smile politely, I didn’t know if he was flirting. No one has ever flirted with me, so I’m not sure if he’s just being friendly.

“I see you’re heading home from a day of training. Nothing is more beautiful than a young woman using her youth in training. Makes me feel forever young. Doesn’t it?”

Beautiful? Young? Attractive? Did he say attractive? I feel my cheeks get warm, he’s the first to tell me such things. Master Jiraiya was known to be a little perverted, but Guy gave me a genuine smile.

“I have to be at my best for the exam.”

“You’ll kick their butts with your power. Have you had dinner yet?”

I shake my head.

“Great! Would you like to accompany me to dinner. I know this incredible dumpling and soup shop. Their stuffed meat dumpling is best combined with a chicken broth.”

For some reason, I look to the apartment. Kakashi’s light is on, I feel conflicted, almost like I’m betraying Kakashi. Why would I feel this way, after all it's just dinner with a comrade. I would really love to make dinner and eat silently with Kakashi. I would love to clean beside him, and sit in the living room to talk about the training we did that day. In those few minutes of sharing, I feel like Kakashi is opening up to me bit by bit. We sometimes talk about our past. He once told me about his time in the ANBU, and I shared my time on the run. They weren’t often, but they were important to me. I never told anyone else about my past, Kakashi is the only one who knows.

If I go with Guy, what would Kakashi eat for dinner? Would he be alright on his own? Of course he would, he was living alone before I moved in, I think to myself. My stomach answered for me, I was eating out tonight. I look back at his window one more time, before Guy leads the way to the dumpling and soup shop.

After many servings of soup and dumplings, Guy walks me back to the apartment. He insisted to see me off tonight. It was well past midnight when we arrive to the steps. Earlier that evening, he told me about Lee, Neji and Tenten. He was proud of his students, I could tell. He bragged a lot about Lee. Telling me how alike they were, which I already hinted. He was a bit louder than usual after drinking a few cups of sake. Not in a drunk state yet, a ninja should never fall into that.

He sighs when we stop at the steps leading to the apartment.

“I had a great night. Told you the dumplings would hit the spot.”

I nod in agreement. They were very good. It seems like all I’ve been eating are dumplings.

Guy shines me a smile, and I begin to walk to the steps. I hear footsteps getting closer.

“Hey, Kakashi, why are you out so late?” I hear Guy say loudly. He was going to wake the neighbors. I turn to see Kakashi walking under the street lights. His hands in his pockets.

“Oh you know.” He shrugs. “Its a little late for you to be talking so loudly. Get yourself home.”

Guy frowns, but walks away. Kakashi and I walk the stairs to the apartment. I can’t help but feel guilty, like Kakashi is shying away from me. He opens the door to the cold apartment. It looks like he left the window open, letting a cold draft in the house. I walk to my bedroom, but stop when he says something.

“I’m glad you’re safe.”

“Huh. What do you mean?”

Kakashi stands up from taking his shoes off at the entrance.

“When you didn’t come home, I got a little worried. I guess I got used to you being around for dinner.” Kakashi drops his head a little, keeping his eye away from me. I smile, I guess dinner became like a routine. I was glad he worried for me, he was the first to do so.

“Next time, I’ll let you know where I’m going. Maybe I’ll even let you tag along.”

I let him gather his thought, while I gather mine in my room.

Kakashi was lonely when I left, what he said explained it all. I wanted to take hold of his hand, let him know I’ll stay as long as he wants me too. I feel a flutter at the bottom of my stomach, my fingers itching to take hold of his. It was an odd feeling, but I like it. I liked feeling this way. He’s grown on me like I’ve grown on him, but for now all I could say was good night.
Chapter end notes: Leave comments/reviews. The same like past chapters. Again so sorry for the wait, and sorry if you don't like this little filler.

Until next chapter!!