TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: So here's the chapter.Sorry if its not interesting, but if every chapter was action filled, there wouldn't be character development, and plot structure. Anyways hope you like it
Its been three days already, three very long days. I am now able to train without restrictions, my injuries are healed, and my body is ready for an intense training. I got up earlier than ever today, it wasn’t even light out, but I couldn’t keep tossing and turning, I lost about a week already, three weeks are left before the third stage of the exams, and if I wanted to be a chunin I will have to pull knew tricks out of my sleeves. Yamato being the kind person, agreed to show a few new jutsu, as long as I keep practicing tearing torrent. I get ready for the day, leaving Kakashi to his slumber. He’s back to normal, the Kakashi I know.

I get to the field quicker, the excitement was overflowing in me. I start off with the tearing torrent, while I wait for Yamato to arrive for our lesson. The seals come like second nature, and the chakra balance is easier too, tearing torrent was becoming trouble free. I kept it in my hand for a couple of seconds, before I decide to throw it at the near by log. Because of the balance, it cut with ease. I wonder why it cuts through logs, but won’t cut through wood jutsu, Asami used? It must be the chakra she uses to perform that jutsu, a log is just a log, it doesn’t use any chakra, so I guess that explains it.

“Kiyoko, tearing torrent is coming along nicely. Your a natural at ninjutsu, and by what I’ve heard genjutsu too.” Yamato says from behind me.

“So what are you teaching me today?” I ask ready for a new jutsu.

“We should have started with this jutsu, considering its easier than tearing torrent, but it slipped my mind. Its called wild water wave. I think you’ll be able to get this down in a day. To start off here are the seals. Dragon, tiger, hare. The key to this jutsu is the amount of chakra when it is being released. The base of this chakra center is your throat, the power of this jutsu relies on the chakra, and because this is you we are talking about, you’ll probably make this ten times more powerful than normal.”

“You’re giving me too much credit, I have to actually try it first.” I begin the seal my hands, concentrating my water chakra in the back of my mouth, I imagine the wave being powerful, releasing it at once. The water spurts out a few meters in front of me.

“Nice, your control is incredible, as to be expected. Keep practicing and you’ll get this down in half a day.”

I keep doing the same technique, I was getting used to my water chakra, the feel of it, is beginning to feel like a second skin. The sun was beginning to set high in the sky, it was a hot day, having water chakra does keep you cool. Yamato sits under a shady area, keeping an eye on my training. Something Kakashi told be the other day, about explaining the wood jutsu, popped into my mind. Yamato he was a wood user because he had senju dna planted in him, not because he was born that way. How did he get the first hokage’s DNA in him?

Curiosity gets the better of me, and I find myself walking towards him.

“Yamato I have a question for you. The other day we were talking about Wood release. and wood release is only used by the senju clan. How do you have Wood release, you have the first hokage’s DNA in you, right?”

He looks at me in a strange way, I couldn’t tell what he was thinking. He sits up straighter.

“Well I was very young when I was brought here. At the time Orochimaru was testing on adults, to see who could learn and use the wood jutsu, it was hard because they weren’t from senju descendants, so he began to implant the cells of the first hokage in small children. I was one of them. I don’t really know where I am from, but I ended up here. Orochimaru lost hope as every child died, I thought I was a goner too, but I wasn’t. Danzo, a man I trusted, discovered me and took me in. He taught me wood jutsu, and I became an essential part of the Leaf. You know about Naruto right?”

“He’s a... what do you call it, a jinchuuriki. He holds a beast inside him.” I reply, he nods.

“Wood release helps control the beast, and Naruto was growing so I was beginning to become important. And that’s what I am.”
Orochimaru, the name sends shivers up my spine. What an evil man, testing humans, like they were objects, like they couldn’t feel anything. Small children nonetheless. And Sasuke left the village to join him, all for revenge? I couldn’t see myself walking down that path, but I haven’t walked in his shoes so I don’t know how he feels. He was a rouge, both Orochimaru, and Sasuke, but they weren’t being hunted down? Was it because someone still thinks of them like the person they used to be, and can’t bare the thought of killing them? Someone was still thinking of Sasuke, so this must be where he belongs. Naruto and Sakura, they are his home, now that he doesn’t have anyone, so why did he leave them? Why can’t he see that they are his friends, they love him like family, Kakashi still believes Naruto can bring him back, he’s clinging to that. If I had a chance to somehow record everything they do, I would show it to Sasuke, make him see what they would do for him.

I leave Yamato under the tree, before I get back to practicing wild water wave. The wave was beginning to go farther, and with more amount.

“Soon enough you won’t need signs to master jutsu, the end seal is enough to complete the jutsu.” Yamato pats the dirt off of his clothes, walking closer, he moves his right hand to his face, two fingers was all he needed for the water to spurt out. He made it look so effortless. I try it his way, but the water doesn’t go so far, and the amount is smaller, than with the seals. Another obstacle to overcome, I’ll just learn with practice, just like I mastered tearing torrent. I might be exaggerating in saying mastered, but I’m almost there.

I called it a day at sundown, my wrist was throbbing from training, and my stomach was beginning to eat itself. Yamato was summoned by Lady Tsunade a few hours ago. There wasn’t a soul in the streets as I made my way home, which I found to be strange. The leaves raced each other in the wind, that was the movement that caught my eye, no one else seemed to be alive, and that thought scared me. My mind began to think of all the possibilities as to why no one was around.

“Maybe Moon ninja killed them all.” The beast in me blurts out. No, I would have sensed them, like I sensed Itachi and Kisame chakra. I would have noticed if they were attacking, the ninja in the Leaf aren’t that weak, they would have put up a fight. I don’t know when I start to run, fear building up in my chest, fueling me. Kakashi isn’t dead. He isn’t I know he isn’t. The door isn’t locked when I open it, the light in the living room is left on. I throw my shoes at the entrance, before I search every room. He isn’t in the kitchen, or the living room, and he isn’t in my room or his. I even checked the bathroom. He isn’t here. I pat my hair down, trying to think where he might be. I take a deep breath.

“I’m just being paranoid. No one powerful enough could kill everyone in the village. Not even the ninja from the Moon.” I think to myself. I catch myself pacing back and forth in the living room, before I go to the kitchen to make myself something to eat. Maybe this will distract my head for a while. Its just too cold to be outside, ya that’s why. My heart beat slows back to its normal pace. I scold myself, why do I always have to think of the worst that can happen. I eat alone, the silence was deafening. In all my years that I’ve been alone, I never thought I would get accustomed to noise. I grew to think of silence as my friend, but now I think of it as an enemy, funny how things can change in a blink of an eye.

I clean up, and I don’t know what else to do, other than sit in the living room and bite my nails. Waiting for Kakashi to get home, my mind wanders, but I refuse it to go into the back of my mind, into the darkness. It was the beast, who wants me to think this way, not me, and I won’t let him take over my state of mind. My mentality rides on the strength of my will, and even if everything else is broken, my will is not one of them. My will is my strength, as long as I have my will, the monster can’t control me. It was well past ten when Kakashi finally enters the living room, relief washes over me. I knew he wouldn’t be dead, I knew no one was attacking the village. I have to restrain myself from hugging him, I would be going too far, but happiness filled me where fear has left.

“Have you eaten already?” He asks as he makes his way to the kitchen, I nod, and follow, wanting to know why the village seems to lifeless. I helped him cook the rice, since he fails at doing so. It looks like I finally found something I am better at doing than him.

“Is there a reason as to why the village looks so abandoned?” I ask as I serve him a bowl of rice, he sits with his utensils and slips his mask down. He takes a few bites, while I get him a bowl of leftovers from yesterday.

“Last time the chunin exams were held here, the Leaf village was attacked. It was complete destruction and chaos, so as it gets closer to the third stage, we set a time curfew for precautionary measures.” He looks hungry and tired, like he hasn’t had much sleep in a while. I don’t ask anymore questions, not wanting him to get annoyed with my curiosity. I wonder what he’s doing that is making him so tired. He finishes his food, and gets up to go to the sink, but I stop him.

“Here, let me. You look tired.” I grab the plates and cup from his hand, my hand scrims his, the warmth making my flesh feel like its been lit on fire. I quickly turn to the sink, not wanting him to see my warm face. I expect him to walk back to his room, but I see from the corner of my eye that he stands next to me. A towel in hand.

“What did you do today while you were out? Yamato helped with new jutsu right?” He asks, as I scrub his plate.

“Yea. He taught me wild water wave. I think I almost got the hang of it. Its easier than tearing torrent, but I’ve never used a jutsu that concentrates the chakra in the mouth. I think with a couple more jutsus, I can really stand on my own in the final round.”

I hand him the clean plate.

“You can stand on your own already, you’re just getting used to standing with others. I think you’ll pass this challenge, no matter who you face. I’m not surprised you’re almost done mastering another jutsu.” Kakashi dries the rest of the dishes. I dry my hands, with a different towel.

“You look exhausted, what did you do while I was out?” I use his question against him.

“I was out training with my sharingan. I need to get stronger, in case I need to face Itachi again.”

I nod, that power must come with a cost, it must use a lot of chakra. I know that the beast I have is powerful, I know that, and I know the risks of using it. I lose control, and innocent people are usually the ones who pay the price. Guy also wants him to get stronger, from what I’ve observed, the only way to fight Itachi is to fight with a sharingan, and they were scarce. Kakashi, Sasuke, and Itachi have the last sharingans. There must be a lot of pressure on Kakashi’s shoulders. No one in the village understands him, because no one in the village has sharingan, independence, is a word that can describe him.

He folds the towel, before he thanks me for the meal, and says good night, there was a hop in his step that wasn’t there before. I settle into my bed too, letting today’s training finally catch up to me. I close my eyes, and walk into a dream that awaits me.

The dream takes place in the Moon village. I walk through the empty street, nothing moves, and it reminds me a lot of the Leaf village earlier. But the beast in me growled, and that puts my senses to an all time high. I see my pulse in my eyes, and my sweaty hands clench a kunai. I walk forward with caution. The trees provide shade from the heatless sun, it didn’t provide warmth that I needed to heat my chilled bones. I shivered with the cold wind, and walked down the street toward my old home.

On the horizon, a dark figured grew big. It was on the ground, it looked like a person. It wore blue clothing, like the Leaf ninja, and a green flak jacket. I knew then it was a Leaf ninja, I took a deep breath before getting closer. I was close enough to see its body clearly, but far enough to not know what face laid their. Their limbs bent in ways that were not normal, bones going directions they aren’t meant to. I take five more steps to the person who lifelessly laid there, I hear my kunai hit the ground, before my knees buckle on me. I stare at the face, I never want to see lifeless. Kakashi laid there, his eyes closed, but a hole is where his heart should have been. He clearly is dead, I scramble to check for a pulse, finding none. I feel the vomit rising.

I do nothing but stare at his closed eyes, praying, whispering, for them to open, but he wasn’t. My shake hands pat his hair, out of his face, trying to get a better view of him. Foot steps interrupt my grieving. I look up to see my reflection, an evil grin plastered on my face, and yellow eyes staring at me. Eyes that belonged to the beast. I looked at my clone’s right hand, it was smeared with blood, and it held Kakashi’s heart. The heart still beating in my clone’s hand.

I take in a deep breath of air, as I wake up from my nightmare. My hands tremble at the thought that I would be the one who killed Kakashi. It was the beast who took over my body, but it was my hand that wrapped itself around his heart and tore it out of his chest. If I didn’t look with my own eyes that he was still breathing, I wouldn’t be able to get any sleep tonight, but he was tired and I didn’t want to disturb his slumber. I chew my already bitten nails, I tossed and turned, not wanting to close my eyes again and see him in that state.

I go to the bathroom, splashing cold water onto my face. The mirror in front of me didn’t show my reflection, instead two yellow glaring eyes stared at me. My body reacts before my mind can gather what really is happening, soon enough tearing torrent is hand, ready for an attack. But there is none, no one is awake at this time. I cancel it, relaxing, rolling the tension in my wrist.

“I’m just imagining things,” I whisper to myself. I don’t think I can take anymore of this stalling, I need to know if Kakashi is still breathing, and very much alive. My hand hovers over the handle, my inner polite voice begins to argue with me. I want to, but I don’t want to. The door slides open for me, revealing a sleepy looking Kakashi. I sigh, he seems alright, there is no hole in his chest either.

“Do you need anything? You’re making quite a noise out here, did anything happen?” He was becoming aware of my erratic breathing, and jumpy posture. I lacked sleep, he knew I have been awake for some time.

“No, sorry to wake you. I just had to see if you were still breathing.” I say, I want to take back the last part.

“Why would I not be.”

I wave the question away, its too late to go into my nightmare, he and I need rest. Tomorrow I’ll be training and so will he. We have to replenish our chakra.

“I know you had a bad dream. Your breathing was irregular.” Kakashi straightens his sleepy posture, the slumber he was in moments ago, slipped off of him. I didn’t want to tell him I killed him, what would he say? I don’t want him to lose trust in me, to fear me. I don’t think I can handle Kakashi fearing me, it made my stomach clench at the thought of him avoiding me. He would never look at me the same way if I told him. He waited for an answer, should I tell him, or should I keep this to myself. My mind said one thing, but my heart wanted to say another.
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading!! Leave comments/reviews, Likes/dislikes, suggestions, and opinions. All feedback is welcome

Until next chapter!!!!!