TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. BUT HERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER. THIS STORY IS COMING TO AN END. THERE WILL PROBABLY BE ONE MORE CHAPTER TO WRAP THIS STORY UP. AND A FEW BONUS CHAPTERS AFTER THE WAR. I PLAN ON WRITING A SEQUEL BUT THAT WON'T BE UNTIL A WHILE. HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER.
“I already know what you’re trying to do. Kiyoko you can’t fight her on your own,” Naruto looked at me. I smiled a bit.

“I’m not. I have Ryuu with me. Look, I’m going to seal her, she can’t travel from one world to another frequently. She uses a lot of chakra, and she can’t kill me if she wants my chakra. You two can undo the tsukuyomi jutsu.”

“And exactly how are we supposed to come help you then?”

“Obito can use his sharingan to open the portal to me. If any of you can feel my chakra, then you can find me. We have to think about the people out there Naruto, Sasuke.”

“She’s right Naruto. She’s probably the strongest one between us. If she can seal her while we free the people that’s what is best,”

I nodded as Sasuke looked over to where she floated. I was glad that Sasuke was here, he wasn’t lost in the dark anymore. He’s been saved.

We were running out of time. I grabbed them again and took them through a portal to where Kakashi, Sakura and Obito were. Naruto nodded, and held my hand. He infused chakra into my right hand while Sasuke infused chakra into my left.

“You can use this sealing jutsu once.”

The sun and moon were on my palms as well, as I listened to Sasuke. I had one chance to seal her forever.

“What is going on,” Kakashi asked.

“I’m sending you all back to our dimension. While you guys undo the jutsu I’m going to heal her. Naruto make sure Obito is healed. After you free them come back to help me. If the others stay in that jutsu longer, they get weaker. I can’t have anyone else die.”

“You’re crazy. I’m not going to leave you here to fight her on your own. I’m not going,” Kakashi said.

Before I could respond I felt her coming towards us through the ice. I created a dome of wood around us with my sage jutsu. For not we’re going to be okay. But eventually she’s going to break this as well.

“We don’t have time to argue about this now. Kakashi our children are out there, without us right now. I can end this war quickly, but the others are left unguarded and trapped in a lie. You guys free them,” I said. He shook his head, but I opened the portal behind them either way. Naruto looked at me once.

“If you don’t come back-”

“I’m going to get through this Naruto. I have to be there to see you teach my children, right?”

He looked surprised that I remembered his wishes. Of course I would want Naruto to be a sensei to my children. There was no way I wasn’t going to see that. Naruto and Sasuke grabbed Kakashi by the arm and went through the portal. Sakura gave me a brave smile as she and Obito stepped through the portal, I closed it as the wooden dome broke and ice spikes poked through. I used a fire jutsu to cut through. Kaguya was there, waiting for me.

“You sent the others away. How idiotic,” she said as she landed on the ground beneath her. She was far from me, but with her range of jutsu, that wouldn’t matter. Taijutsu and sage art were the only things that worked against her.

She began to create a portal once again, perhaps to get to Naruto and Sasuke, but I transported myself in front of it and kick her straight into the frozen canyon. She wasn’t going to go anywhere close to them. I was going to end this here. I created hundred of clones to enclose her. With these many we have to land a few blows on her.

“You are very very stupid, to think you can defeat mother like this,” Black Zetsu said from her arm.

“You will not take the chakra from the people here. I will not permit it. You may be the mother of all chakra but you are not the creator. You will only kill your children and that is no mother,” I said as my clones moved into corner her. I created a large flame jutsu with the help of Ryuu and my sage art. No matter what, this was going to land on her. There was no where else she could go. I knew that jumping from dimension to dimension will only weaken her.

I threw the jutsu in her along with my clones, they kept her from moving around too much. I saw the jutsu land and it engulfed her in flames. She fell from the sky and landed on her feet. The jutsu had hit her, and it tore her dress.

“You’re an ungrateful child, just like Hagoromo. But we are alike in very similar ways. You’ve given birth to two very strong children, like I did. We both have this immense power. Why don’t you just gree to join me. Together we can bring true peace to this rotten world,” She hissed as she looked at her torn wardrobe.

“I know that you became hungry for power and prestige. Chakra is life, not something you can take and give easily. No one knows of you, the great feared god. You are a relic of the past, and you will not destroy our present.”

She stuck out her palms and two brown staffs come flying towards me. Two clones levitate in front of me, they struck them and began to turn into ash. Those were dangerous and if that got into me then I knew I would be done for. For so powerful jutsus, she has to be running out of chakra faster. If anything I can win her by waiting her out. I can defeat her when she is weak.

But I have to get all of the tailed beast out of her before I seal her away. And to do that I have to get close to her.

“If you can touch her, physically, I can attach my chakra with the others inside her. If we can weaken her enough, the other beasts can claw their way out of her,” Ryuu told me. Now to think about getting close to her, she’s still firing away those boney rods towards me. It wasn’t going to be easy but I was going to have to blend into the surroundings. The problem was that this was her realm, she controls everything.

I suppose that I was going to have to take this fight to somewhere I create. To my world.

“Come on kid-”

“Ryuu, you’re going to have to have faith in me that I can create a different world. I just have to believe this world exist and it will come true. Right?” I asked Ryuu.

“Right, once you get this world created and push her in there, there is no time for you to rest. You must give me enough time to connect with the beasts.”

“How long?”

“About three seconds,” He said. Three seconds were long, but I had to give Ryuu that time to connect with the others. I agreed with him. I began to build chakra in me. I left a clone in my spot as I slipped into the ground away from her. There beneath the ground I created a portal, it led nowhere, but I was going to create the world myself. I began to imagine a world I wanted to live in, somewhere beautiful but perfect for fighting the rabbit goddess.

I make my way through the portal and emerge in water. I see the surface above me as I swim there. The water was nice and warm, and fresh. I swam up to the surface to see a bright world. It was an island surrounded with a fresh water ocean. I swim to shore, and look around, I could sense Kaguya just barely. If I could sense her than she will be able to sense me as well.

I took a deep breath. I was exhausted from swimming to shore and creating this world from scratch but there was no time for resting.

“Are you ready Ryuu? I’m going to pull her in here, you only have three seconds to connect with the other tailed beast.”

“That’s all I need kid,” Ryuu said as he got ready. I quickly opened the portal to Kaguya, and grabbed the back of her robe. I pulled her through the robe. Just three seconds... I dragged her away from the portal, two more seconds....She began to pull away from me. I held on, as he hair began to make it way towards me. It was coming at me quickly.

“Okay!” Ryuu said as the three seconds finished.Quickly I jumped away from her and there was an immediate reaction to Ryuu’s connection. She was becoming this humanoid looking thing.

“Mother!” Black Zetsu yelled, but Kaguya was losing control of the tailed beasts. I have to wait until they are all out to seal her. I took my kunai and infused it with my chakra. I threw it straight down her arm, and off came black zetsu with her arm. I grabbed him, he wasn’t going to get away from me. Never. It was his fault all of this war came to be. He manipulated Madara, Obito.

“Get your hands off me,” He said.

“Without your mother, you’re nothing,” I said as Ryuu guided me in sealing him away with my chakra natures. He can’t move an inch. But once I seal his mother I will seal him away with it.

The beasts within Kaguya were unstable and beginning to split apart, but I sensed Kaguya chakra change and she created this black sphere around herself.

“Its a time jutsu special to mother, here she can directly extract chakra from those under the Tsukiyomi,” Black Zetsu laughed.

“Inside here, it contains all chakra natures, water, fire, lightning, wind, earth, light and shadow. Its the creation of a new time space realm. And you’re in the middle of it. It’ll blow you all up with it,” Black Zetsu said.

“Wh-what?” Kaguya exclaimed, as her black orb began to crumble apart. It was then that I knew too, that Naruto and Sasuke were able to break the jutsu. They succeeded and now it was my turn to finish things here. I heard her yell as the beasts began to overpower her weak body. Out came all of them, Shukaku, Matatabi, Isobu, Son Goku, Kukuo, Saiken, Chomei, Gyuki, and Kurama. They were all free once again.

“This is your chance, she’s weak now. Seal her.”

I see her falling towards the ground, as I get near her. She was weak, but she could still fight if need be. I got my chakra ready for anything. As she was about the hit the ground she quickly open a portal and slipped right through it. So she had enough chakra left for that. I have to say, she was a goddess in that sense. She has more chakra than anyone I’ve ever met. I make my way back towards the ground as well.

As I get near, I sense her chakra behind me. I turn around as there she was with a rod sticking out of her hand. I manage the escape it, but it slices through my side. It was the regular black rods, she was too weak to use the other ones. I grabbed hold of her wrist and with my other hand I slammed her into the dirt. With the lack of chakra she and I have, opening portals were limited. Her more than me.

She kicks her legs, but I jump back and use my kunai to pin her robe to the earth. She was trapped beneath me. The mother of all chakra was down, for some reason it seemed easier that I expected. She was too greedy with winning and used too many jutsus that used too much chakra. If she was smarter with her chakra, we would have had a longer fight.

“You will never harm this world again. I will make sure of it,” I said. I looked at the jutsus, Sasuke and Naruto gave me. And I pressed my hands on her shoulders.

“Six Paths Planetary Devastation,” I said as I infused my chakra into the jutsu. I watch as the earth began to crumble around us. This world I created was going to seal her away. I stumbled to my feet. It was done. This war was over. I landed on my knees in the arm sand. Kaguya’s body had floated above in the sky and the planet that was sealing her was getting larger. I grabbed Black Zetsu and smiled.

“You and your mother will be forgotten and you will never start another war again,” I said as I chucked him into the air. Everything was being sucked towards her.

“We did it Ryuu,” I said as I thanked him for guiding me through my new powers.

“Forget about it, right now we have to get back to the others,” Ryuu said. I got up on my wobbly feet and stared at the other tailed beasts.

“Thanks kid. Ryuu, you’ve been hidden from us all but you and your jinchuuriki saved us.”

“She’s never been a bad kid,” Ryuu said with a smirk. I smiled. I had a lot to say to those words. Ryuu infused more chakra with me as I begin to open the portal back home. I created it as large as I could get it and all the tailed beasts squeezed through it as the world behind me came undone. I was the last one to go through and on the other side was everyone else. Free.

They were all free and no longer wrapped and attached to the tree. I sighed of relief.

“Kiyoko!” I saw Kakashi running towards me. I smiled as I sat on the ground, I was too tired to move. He and Sakura came to my side. Kakashi brought me in his arms as I winced at the wound. It wasn’t healing. I don’t have the chakra for that, but I couldn’t feel the pain. I felt joy and relief that this war was over.

“You’re safe. You’re hurt, Sakura,” Kakashi said out of breath.

“Its alright, Its not a big wound. Save your energy for someone that needs it.”

She nodded, and although people gathered, most went out looking for their loved ones in the rubble. True, war was over, but the pain was just beginning. I could see the resentment in ninja’s eyes as they hold their loved ones in their arms. I could feel their chakra churning in their bodies. This pain was going to destroy us all, no enemy would do that to us. We all lost someone to this war, and we are all looking for someone to blame.

From afar I saw Hinata clutching to Neji’s dead body, and so many others around us were doing the same.

A puff of white appeared before me and out of that cloud appeared Tomoko. She was smiling.

“You’ve done it Kiyoko. You became our peace,” She said. Peace? All I did was end the war, from what I could see around me, there was no peace. It was going to be difficult to keep the balance of this new Allied Shinobi forces. Villages will blame one another for their losses and costs of the war. Ninjas will harbor blame in their hearts for the loved ones the lost. Death is the reason why there will not be true peace on this land.

I looked at Kakashi and I knew then what I had to do if I were to be peace.

“I’m not your peace Tomoko. I know what I must do to fulfill it though,” I said with a small smile.

I created a chakra barrier around myself. I was being selfish to Rie and Ryota. And to Kakashi. This is what I had to do to make sure that this war was not for nothing. Peace has to be kept.

“W-what are you doing Kiyoko?” Tomoko asked. Kakashi got up from his feet. I am going to give up my life to give all those who lost theirs’. I have that power now.

“And once I am gone, you’ll be free too,” I told Ryuu.

“Kid you don’t have to do this. You’ve done enough. Death comes with war.”

“And war will come again because of death. If I can break the cycle, then I can keep the peace.”

“Kiyoko, think about Rie and Ryota, those brats-” Ryuu said.

“They won’t have to live in a world full of hatred. I understand now those questions I was asked. What is peace? How can I achieve it and be fair to everyone? How can I not bring myself to hate those that took my loved ones away? It comes from compassion, love and trust. I know that if the shinobi have their loved ones back, they will be filled with gratitude and compassion,” I told Ryuu. I don’t want shinobi to keep fighting about who was at fault of wars anymore. Yes this war was different, but I could sense eveyone’s chakra, there was still hostility in the air among us.

“If this is what you want Kiyoko. Thank you for all you’ve done and sorry for everything I’ve done to you. You’ve never been a monster,” Ryuu said.

“And neither have you,” I said.

“No! Don’t do this! You’ve done enough for us! Kiyoko!” Kakashi was slamming into the barrier’s wall. But there was nothing that can break this barrier. It will go down once I’m gone.

“Rie and Ryota need you. They need their mother, I can’t do this on my own Kiyoko. Please. Please. I need you.”

“I’m going to give the shinobi world a second chance Kakashi. I know this future will change, if I don’t. I know all this pain will only haunt us later on.”

I saw Obito trying to use his Kamui to get in the barrier somehow, but that wasn’t working. Nothing could bring this down.

I looked down at my hands as I begin to seal them and my chakra. I wanted to see Rie and Ryota grow and become strong but I wanted them to live in a world that is safe and different than our’s. I didn’t want them to know war or the differences of villages. I want them to be under one allied shinobi forces. That’s all I wanted and I have the power and chance to give everyone that opportunity. To me, this was what it meant to be the chosen one. This is peace.

Ryuu helped me with the seals as I summoned the King Of Hell, in him held all of the souls of those that died in this world.

“There is no need for you to die too. Come on, Kiyoko,” Naruto said as he tried to break the barrier. I smiled. I know that it will be painful, but I have faith in their strengths. They are the strongest shinobi I knew. They will live on after this. Naruto will become the Hokage he wants to be.

“No one else can see it, right now you’re going to start losing your strength,” Ryuu said. But it was going to be alright, if I could give thousands of lives back for mine I would. It was painful to know that Rie and Ryota were going to be like me in some ways, except they would have Kakashi by their sides forever. I know my love will reach them no matter how far we are. I’ll keep them safe where I am. I felt a surge of chakra run through me in a wave.

My shadow clone that stayed with Rie and Ryota disappeared but I saw its memories and experience. I could feel their warmth in my arms. The way they felt as I held their small hands. I could almost imagine myself there by their sides. My twins, they were going to be strong, with or without me. I know they will.

The King of Hell opened its mouth wide open, and I felt myself walk to it. I turned back and saw my body laying on the ground. I was dead, but my soul was free. I saw Kakashi’s tears running down his face. I felt a pit in my stomach this was the first time I saw him cry. I wish I could wipe them away like he’s done so many times before. Ryuu wasn’t attached to me anymore, I’ve never felt anything like this. It was so.... Easy to breath. It was so painful as well. It was bittersweet to be leaving this world. I loved this life, even if it was a short one. I had come to be love and love others. I became a jounin I hoped I would, and a wife. I never imagined myself as a mother, but I did become one as well. It wasn’t a long life, but it was a full life. I stepped through it and let the other souls go free. The hell of king swallowed my soul and I fell into the darkness.

Kakashi’s POV

I watched as the color of my wife’s face faded. Her eyes fluttered shut as she let her hands go limp. Her raven black hair slowly turning white. I saw her body fall onto the earth and the barrier finally came down. I knew then, she was gone. The night began to sparkle as the souls of those that lost their lives returned. This was her wish. I run to her and grab her in my arms. She was losing her warmth. I saw my tears fall on her face. She was getting colder, and I tried to keep her warm. She always hated feeling cold.

“You ended this war, Rie and Ryota will be proud of you. Open your eyes Kiyoko. Please,” I said as I shook her. She didn’t respond. She wasn’t opening her eyes. She wasn’t breathing. They have to save her, she saved the world after all.

“Sakura! Save her like you did with Naruto. She has to live. She needs to be here for the twins,” I pleaded But she stayed quiet and shook her head. There was nothing that she could do. Kiyoko couldn’t be saved.

“I’m so sorry Rie, Ryota. I’m so sorry I couldn’t save your mother,” I whispered. I brought her closer to me body. She loved being held, I should have held her in my arms more. I should have done so much more for her. She deserved so much more.

“Kakashi- sensei,” Naruto begins to say, but there is nothing to say. I looked up and saw team seven around us. They became powerful ninja but no one can bring Kiyoko back to me. My chest was caving in at the thought of carrying her back home. She was never going to be able to Rie and Ryota in her arms again. And I...

“K-Kiyoko!” I heard Soichi's voice as he ran toward us. I brushed her hair away from her face. We were supposed to grow old together. I looked at the faces around us, there were faces of relief as their loved ones were brought back from death, but others held sadness as they see Kiyoko. She’s given up her life for others, so selflessly. She truly knew how to love, how to forgive, and give others chances. She was the reason our peace was going to last. She was this world’s peace. She was the shinobi’s peace and she certainly was my peace.

Soichi shook her, but he knew too she was gone.

“How could this happen to her?” Soichi said as he wiped the tears away from his eyes. I closed mine. She was the chosen one, she’s spoken about it long before, and to her this was what it meant to be the chosen one. I knew it, but the pain I felt was like no other. It feels like someone is sucking all the air out of my lungs. Punching me in my chest. I couldn’t bring myself to breathe. How could I keep breathing when Kiyoko had stopped?

“No I’m not letting this happen. She’s grown up without a mother and I am not letting my grandchildren grow up without their’s.” Soichi took Kiyoko from my arm. His hands shook as he took out a kunai.

“Wh- what are you going to do?” I asked as I watched as he cut his palm with the kunai. He dipped his thumb.

“All I have ever done was bring her pain. I never showed her love as she was young. I was a horrible father, but she was my grace. She forgave me and let me back into her life. She knew what it meant to bring peace to others because she brought peace to my soul when she smiled at her wedding. I’ve never seen her love someone so dearly as I saw when she looked at you or talk about the twins. She was truly happy. My daughter deserves to live. I will make things right, after all I’ve done so much wrong to her. I’ve laid my hands on her and tortured her. I never slept a well rested night after that. I was close to destroying her and yet she forgave me.”

Kiyoko’s father began to write symbols in his blood all over her body.

“How are you going to do that? She’s gone, Kiyoko-”

“She’s never gone. Her soul is out there, and now I’m going to guide it back here. I’m going to bring her back.”

“What if you don’t find her? What then!” I asked as he took some of her blood and wrote the same symbols on his body.

“If- that happens we’ll both lose our souls to the afterlife. I’ve studied the jutsu for a very long time, trying to figure out if I could bring Yukiko back one day. I trade my life and soul for her’s with the king of death. I take her place in the afterlife. I will find her Kakashi. I will bring her back to you and Rie and Ryota. This is the last thing I can do for her, as her father. This is all I have ever done right. You would give your life for your own children, wouldn’t you?” Soichi asked. I nodded. I would. I need Kiyoko back with me.

“Thank you father in law. Please bring her back to me,” I pleaded with him. He smiled and patted my back. Soichi sealed his hands as the symbols written in their bloods began to steam and slowly fade into their skin. The jutsu was complete. I will wait for her to return. I will wait forever.

Kiyoko’s POV

I was wandering in a darkness that never ends. I suppose I do deserve to stay here for all the lives I taken when I was alive. But I’ve give many lives back as well. I closed my eyes, this darkness it was so consuming. I could feel nothing, hear nothing and see nothing. All my senses were gone. But there was a deep pain in my chest. I was going to ask Ryuu what was happening but I realized he was no longer connected to me. I was alone. This pain just pulsed through me. I missed Rie and Ryota. Kakashi... he must be trying to do everything he can to bring me back. There really wasn’t anything to be done now. Sadness panged in heart, I broke my vow to live by his side forever.

I wanted to see my mother. I want to know everything that happened to her while she was alive. What kind of life did she have? I didn’t want to read about it, I wanted to hear it from her. She desired peace as well and gave up her life for me. Without noticing, I’ve done the same. She and I were both selfish with our families, we left them in pain but kept peace for the rest of the world just for bit longer. I was selfish with my desire to bring peace and now I was left Rie and Ryota with no mother to care for them. I shook that doubt out of my head. I knew that somehow my love will reach them. No barrier can keep that away from my precious daughter and son.

It was enlightening almost to know that the cycle of pain and hatred would end. No one else will hunt one another for revenge. That cycle will not come again, not with the leaders of shinobi this war created. My soul could rest easily knowing I’ve done all I could to break it. I know that Kakashi and everyone else will protect this gift I’ve given them.
Chapter end notes: THANK YOU FOR STAYING AND READING THIS FAR. I THANK ALL MY READERS. I HOPE YOU'VE ENJOYED MY STORY. I WILL UPDATE SOON. UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER!!!