TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: So I wanted to update a bit sooner so its not that long. Things are actually going to wrap up quickly. The next chapter is going to be exciting for me. I've pretty much waited for this next chapter since the beginning of writing this story. Please wait for it, it may take a while since I want to write it in detail. Thank you as always for reading. Enjoy.
Kakashi was busy throughout the day with preparations for becoming the hokage. I tried to decipher the book, but I couldn’t. My sharingan was not strong enough, and for worse there were no pictures either. This damn book was not going to be read soon. The building of the village was coming along well. My father came to check up on my frequently, and I saw Kakashi for dinner.

Naruto was healing, but he knew nothing about the war. If he did, who knew what he would do to keep the world from going into a war. I knew it was wrong, and I wanted to tell him. I just couldn’t. None of us could. I wanted Naruto to live and to be safe. I wanted him to live long, and I knew that if he went to war with the rest of the ninja, he wouldn’t survive the war. The voice in my nightmare told me, none us would. But that voice had a name, after Kakashi spoke to me about everything that happened, I was certain. I knew it could be wrong, but it must be Madara Uchiha. Ne wanted all of the tailed beast to destroy this world. Why? Why would destruction bring any peace to this world.

It was late in the morning when I heard the news. Lady Tsunade has woken from her coma. I was relieved she was okay. I made my way to see her. I was walking down the street when I see Kakashi walking towards her cabin as well. He gave me a smile and waited for me to catch up to him.

“Looks like I’m off the hook,” he sighed. I knew he was relieved from having so much responsibility. I was glad, and afraid again.

“You can rest easy now,” I said in encouragement. But I was afraid of him being out there fighting. I was afraid of losing him in war. We walked into the cabin together and saw a very lively Hokage eating. She didn’t even look like she just got out of a coma.

“You really saved me. I was so close to becoming Hokage,” he said.

“Hmm. War is with us again. Very well. Im calling for a War meeting, right after I finish my meal. Kiyoko, you come along as well.”

I looked at her, but nodded. I knew I would be there for security reasons. She must be brainstorming ways to keep me guarded but use all of her man force at once.

Kakashi and I walked to a large cabin after exiting her cabin. He held my hand tightly and said little.

“You’re probably going to be in the front lines,” I said. He didn’t say anything, because it wouldn’t make me feel any better.

“I’ll wait for you here.”

“I will fight for the shinobi of the world for you. But as a husband and father I have to protect my family. I am going to war, but I promise to come back,” he said as he squeezed my hand. I nodded and felt a bit reassured. We are shinobi, there is nothing I want more than to see this world come to peace. I hope it comes after war is fought.

“What are you going to tell Naruto? He’s going to notice everything,” I said.

“We’re planning on getting him to control the tailed beast. With Bee help from the Lighting Country will help him. Yamato will be going along with a few others to guard him. But he’s location will be unknown to most of us. It the only thing that will keep him occupied. We have to keep him out of the war as long as we can.”

He was right. Naruto would run into the way head on if he knew this was about keeping him safe. If somehow I was able to fight alongside with them, I knew I would be able to protect the world like I was supposed to. But for now I suppose the only protecting I will be doing if for our baby.

We entered the hall, where I sat next to Shikamaru and Kakashi. The meeting began but I wasn’t particularly listening to anything. The elders began moving their mouths and people began to stand up and leave. Scrolls were being handed around. So this is what the war preparations looked like. The only war I was in was when I was very young and on the run. I didn’t fight I just hid. But I still saw the horrors of war. There was blood everywhere, shinobi hunting each other like animals. War brought the worse in all of us, but I am glad this war is different. This war is about protection, and the world is coming together as a whole. It was a bit reassuring to know so many shinobi were coming together to protect the safety of one person. But also everyone.

I returned to the small cabin I was moved in by Lady Tsunade's office not too long ago. The streets of the village were becoming longer and more buildings were being built. Lady Tsunade was going to come check on my once more before she leaves for the Village in the Clouds. They would be stationed there, but I would have ten guards for myself. Although I doubt I would need that many. That Akatsuki won’t target the village anymore, Naruto wouldn’t be here anyways. And so far my identity has been concealed. Kakashi was busy helping Lady Tsunade with preparations so I decided to go and visit Rin and Eri. I knew Eri was going to go to war, along with Rokuro. Rin was growing faster every time I see her but I don’t think she knows exactly what is going on.

That afternoon I spent my day playing with Rin as Eri and Rokuro got ready for war. They got their weapons, food pills, you name it they were getting ready. I heard they were getting assigned to the same unit, which they were grateful for. I wonder where Kakashi will be assigned? Rin only looked at her parents when they passed by, but she kept smiling and playing with me.

“Who is Rin going to stay with? I could look after her if you want,” I said.

“My mother is looking after her. I think she could handle it but can you check up on them at least once a day. I feel like my mom gets tired easier these days, but I don’t want to give you responsibilities in times like this. You’re pregnant, the war and having that power in you. You already have enough on your shoulder.”

“Yeah can do that. I’ll probably be visiting more often than once a day. I won’t really have very much to do once the war starts soon. But- but if you get assigned to the same unit as Kakashi, please look after him. He says he’ll return and I know he’s strong, but he would easily sacrifice himself. Which is the way of a shinobi, but I want him to live through this war.”

“I’ll keep an eye on him, but a man’s way of thinking changes when he has a family.”

I watched over Rin for Eri ad Rokuro who left a while after. Rin and I walked the street and went to get something to eat for dinner. Kakashi was still probably busy. Eri and Rokuro said they would ick rin up later that evening. Rin’s hair was beginning to get longer and she had the cutest braids in her hair. She could almost create sentences but she knew how to communicate very well for her age. We ate at Ichiraku’s which was thankfully up and running. I cut the noodles for her to eat. When I see Naruto enter the booth and sit down.

“Hey Kiyoko. Babysitting?”

“She’s my goddaughter. Rin.” I smiled, he looked so relaxed. He sat waiting for his regular ramen. He had absolutely no idea what was going around him did he? It almost made me cry to see him so content.

“Finally. I can eat my fave-” He began to say but he disappeared in white smoke. It startled Rin and she began to cry. I patted her back and told her it was okay. Considering that had happened to me a lot of time, he was most likely summoned to Mount Myoboku. Rin stopped crying and ate again. Although I ate, I wondered why he was summoned there.

“Can I get his ramen to go?” I asked Ichiraku as I paid. I’ll just give it to him later tonight, he must come back later right. I know Lady Tsunade doesn’t want him to leave the village until he has to.

I carried a very sleepy Rin back to my cabin and rested her on the futon where she slept. I was taking my shoes off when Lady Tsunade and Kakashi walk into the cabin. I smiled as I wiped the small sweat beads that formed after carrying Rin here.

“Kiyoko have you seen Naruto? He’s disappeared from the village. Instantly.”

“Yes. I was there when he disappeared. But I don’t think we have anything to worry about. He was summoned to Mount Myoboku. I’m sre he’ll come back soon,” I said. Lady Tsunade sighed and nodded.

She came in and set a bag on the table and told me to sit on a chair in front of her. She began to take out needles, and a machine.

“Its a portable blood scanner. I’m just going to take a blood sample and make sure everything is okay. You’re in your seventh month right? Last trimester,” she said. I nodded. Its been about two weeks since I’ve entered my seventh month of pregnancy. In a matter of less than two months I would have a child in my arms. It was exciting and nerve wracking.

Rin woke up from her short nap and walked over slowly to Kakashi. It made me feel warm as I saw her stretch her arms up to him. He picked her up and waited for the blood test.

“How have you been feeling?”

“More tired than usual. My legs hurt more often, and I get short of breath doing anything physical for too long.”

“That’s normal. You’re baby is getting bigger so there is more weight. You’re body is not used to it. It’ll only get a bit more uncomfortable, but everything looks great. As you go along you’re going to feel false contractions. But don’t panic that’s normal. You will know when you’re in labor if your water breaks. You have less than two months now,” she said. I nodded. The only really change I’ve felt has been fatigue.

Lady Tsunade checked the my blood and the information the scanner said and nodded.

“There is nothing wrong. You’re all good.”

She packed away her things.

“I’ll be heading to the Cloud Village tomorrow morning. My ANBU will be here to protect you. Unfortunately your father won’t be staying with you. He’s going to be needed.”

“I understand. Please be safe.”

She looked at me once more and then smiled a bit before walking out of the cabin. Rin was giggling trying to get Kakashi’s mask off his face. Another knock interrupted and Eri peeked in. She smiled and came in.

“I came for Rin,” she said.

“Mama” Rin smiled as she reached for her mom. Kakashi handed her to Eri and adjusted his mask.

Eri sighed and looked at me with sadness in her eyes. I got up from my chair and walked over to her. I wouldn’t see her in a while, was I?

“Please be safe,” I whispered to her. She nodded and placed her hand over my round belly.

“Take care of yourself. In times like these you should only worry about yourself and your baby. Nothing else matters. I grew to learn that when I became a mother and I know you will too.”

I nodded. I was afraid that if I spoke I would begin to cry and I knew once I started I would not be able to stop. Rin waved us goodbye, and Eri walked through the door. I sighed and Kakashi hugged me tightly. I didn’t cry, I knew that tonight was the last night I would have hi by my side in a while. Tonight was the last night I would be able to get some sort of sleep or peace of mind knowing he was safe. Tomorrow they were going to leave, all of the shinobi were headed to the Lightning Land. Who knew how slow or fast this war would end.

Kakashi was getting his gear checked late that evening when I made my way to Naruto’s cabin. I had the ramen in hand. He should be home by now too, right? I knocked on the door and I heard him tell me to come in. I opened the door to see him packing a backpack. He was smiling widely.

“I got you something,” I said as I set it on the table.

“Its the ramen you left. Its probably cold, but you can boil it,” I said.

“Really? Thanks,” he said. He seemed to be happier than usual. I was glad to know everything was going to plan.

“So where are you headed to?”

“Lady Tsunade just gave me a S-rank mission. Captain Yamato and I are headed out at dawn. She said its a mission only I can do.”

So he will be leaving tomorrow too. Thats great that he’s leaving and going somewhere safe.

“Hey Kiyoko are you okay?” he asked as he got closer to me. I finally noticed that I was crying. I wiped my tears away quickly and shook my head.

“Are you and Kakashi-sensei fighting?”

“No, we’re fine. You know I just get randomly emotional when I’m pregnant. I’m fine. Everything is fine Naruto. You don’t have to worry about a thing. Just go do your mission and don’t think about anything else. When you come back, the village will be brand new and just like you remember it.”

He nodded, but he must be awkward with dealing crying women. I excused myself.

“Should I walk you home?”

“No. You have to get up early tomorrow. Make sure to eat while you’re on your mission. You always have to be ready for battles. You got that,” I said. He saluted me with a smile and went back into his cabin. I walked back to our cabin, where I saw Kakashi drying his wet hair. As soon as I began to lay down for bed, the baby became very active. It made me very short of breath.

“You know I think the baby knows you’re leaving too. She wants to play with you before you go,” I said in a whisper. Kakashi smiled widely and came into the blanket with us. I lifted my shirt and watched as a foot print stretched my skin. It was so odd to see her so alive and active.

“You’re trying to play with your dad, huh,” I said. Kakashi laughed a bit as the baby kept kicking his hand. It was such a beautiful scene to have, it made me forget about tomorrow for a bit. Just a bit.

“Your dad said he’ll come tomorrow morning, before we leave,” he said softer. I nodded and gave him a brave smile.

“Do you have everything ready?” I asked him.

“Yes. We had meetings all day. I’m going to be captain of third division,” he said with honesty. I knew that he could keep all of this from me, but I would have wanted to know. Bring captain, that’s a big responsibility, one where he is going to be in the front lines and always in danger.

“Lets get some sleep,” he said as he turned off the lights. But I knew I wasn’t going to sleep tonight. I could sleep when he is gone if I can, but while I have him in front of me I want to watch him. I scooted closer to him and laid my hand on the side of his face. I ran my fingers through his hair. I knew he loved it when I did that.

I smiled a bit when I felt the baby begin to hiccup.

“The baby has hiccups,” I whispered into the darkness. He smiled and brought us closer to him. Kakashi relaxed and I thought he began to fall asleep. For some reason, I broke down after he fell asleep. I put my hand over my mouth trying to mute my cries. Fear and sadness took over me quickly. I got up slowly and tried not to wake him as I walked outside. I cried and I cried. I felt my chest squeeze in and out. War, it was here at our feet. Kakashi was going into the heart of it all and I can’t stop him. I can’t protect the world like I was supposed to. All the lives that will perish, it will be because of me. My vision got blurry with my tears as I looked down the street. Few lights were on this late. Everyone was tense, we all knew that war was going to devastate us all in some ways. The october night didn’t help with my mood. It was gloomy.

War and disorder will come to us even if we fight. After this, I don’t know what will happen. If this world will even stand and live on. Madara Uchiha, he’s going to destroy us he said it in my dreams. My father, he was older now and he still goes to fight. Kakashi, Kakashi, Kakashi, he’s been taken from me once I can’t survive going through that again. I wiped my mucus and tears away with my shirt. I couldn't cry this fear out of me no matter how much I cried. I felt a blanket being draped over me and I see Kakashi bringing to him. I cried in his arms too as he walked back inside. He rubbed my back and kept telling me in the end everything was going to be okay. I really did want to believe him. I couldn’t find it in me to believe him though. Deep down I knew nothing was going to be the same after tonight. Our lives were going to change in the long run, I just didn’t know how.

We didn’t speak but I grew tired and I slept for a few hours before waking up and falling asleep again. All night I woke and slept until daybreak came. Naruto must be gone by now. We woke up and made breakfast together. I packed the food pills and water in his pack. I doubled check he had the first aid kit on him. My father knocked not too long after, and he came in. He had his gear on, jacket new headband on. His hair was tied back. Looking at him like this he looked like he aged. I hugged him tightly as he told me he loved me.

“I’ll end this war quickly. No one else has my wood style. I’ll be in an out of battles. Taking down enemies. I’ve always been good at it,” he said as he wiped a tear away from my face.

“Mom will be guarding you and me both,” he said. I nodded.

“Please take care of Kakashi,” I whispered to him. He nodded and hugged me once more before he told Kakashi he’s headed to the Hokage’s office. Kakashi tied his headband on and put on his shoes.

He bent down to kiss our baby and then gave me brave smile. I knew he didn’t want to part from us either. He wiped the tears away before kissing me. I didn’t want to part from him but I knew he had to go. He rested his forehead on mine as I cried.

“I’m going to come back. I promise, and I won’t break it this time. I love you Kiyoko.”

“I love you. Please be safe. Please,” I begged him. He promised me once more as he kissed me and hugged me tightly. He opened the door and left, leaving me to feel cold. The baby was hiccupping again. I wouldn’t know but it seemed like she was crying. And so they were off to war.

But I knew things were changing rapidly. I felt it in my gut. I knew the baby felt it. And although Ryuu went into hibernation since my pregnancy, he must be feeling it too.
Chapter end notes: Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know what you guys think.
Until Next Chapter. Thank you very much.