TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This chapter is like 10 pages long because I haven't updated in a verrrrryyy long time. I'm sorry but I'm very busy. College life is coming at the end of summer. RIP ME! Love all you lovely readers.
Eri came to pick Rin up the very next morning. Fortunately everyone was safe, the Leaf Village took most of the hit.

“Did you hear about Naruto?” Eri asked as she took sleeping Rin from my arms.

“No , I haven’t. Is everything okay?”

“I don’t know a lot about it myself. I just wanted to let you know he was in the hospital. Sai is also injured. I don’t know very much than that.”

I can’t help but worry for them. I let Rin go on home. Ume was still sleeping and I didn’t want to get her up. I quickly put on my sandals and made my way towards the hospital. On the way to the hospital, there were villagers getting to work on the damages. I felt ashamed for some reason that I am not able to help like I could. I could use wood style to fix all this, but I can’t. I touched my small stomach. It was slowly getting larger.

As I walked into the hospital and I was overwhelmed with so many people in the lobby. They must be here to look for their loved ones. I hope there weren’t as many injured as I thought. I waited in the long line along with dozens of others. I noticed from the corner of my eye a familiar silhouette. It was Sai. He was walking around with a cast on his arm.

“Sai” I said as I quickly walked to him.

“Oh Kiyoko. What are you doing here?”

“I heard you and Naruto were in the hospital. How are you? Are you okay?” I asked him. He didn’t look very hurt other than the fact he had a broken arm. He gave me a small smile and nodded his head.

“Come on. I’ll lead you to our room. Naruto... He’s a bit more injured than me, but he’ll recover. His healing abilities are astonishing,” sai said as he tried to calm me down. That Naruto, he always goes too far. Sai opened the door and I saw Naruto sleeping. His entire body was wrapped in bandages.

“Is he going to be okay?” I asked softly. Sai nodded and went on to get back in his own bed. It was still early in the morning. I couldn’t expect Naruto to be up at this hour. I waited for Naruto to wake up but I knew that it would take a while. I looked out the window, not too far from the hospital there were repairments being made. Oh how I wish I could help the leaf more. Although an attack on the village only happened yesterday, I could see the villagers work with a smile on their faces. That is why I am so in love with the people here. I’m so glad to know that I truly do belong here in the Leaf.

“Kiyoko. What are you doing here?” I heard Naruto say. He was finally awake and I turn to see him laying in bed. I scoot back closer to him.

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine. Sakura just over reacts. These injuries are nothing?”

“Nothing. Naruto you’re covered in bandages. How did you get these injuries anyways?”

“I was trying to find the human in a clone nine tail. He has some nine tail chakra in him, but he’s gone now and a lot better. Sora was his name.”

I nodded. So that was the strong chakra I felt. I smiled a little, that was so like Naruto. It was just like the time I was rescued by him. He’s saved countless of jinchuurikis, I don’t think he will ever stop.

“I didn’t see you fighting. Where were you Kiyoko?”

“I- uh-” I stuttered.

“She was with me. I asked her to run messages to and from the front lines. Don’t worry she cut down quite a few enemies for me,” Lady Tsunade walked into the office with Sakura. They both smiled at me.

“So how are you two feeling?” She asked as she looked at their charts.

“I’m good. Can someone please loosen these bandages on me. They are beginning to itch,” Naruto complained. Well at least he was feeling well enough to do that, so I was relieved.

“You’re not going to be up and around for a while Naruto. Sai just take it easy on the arm alright.”

“But Grandma Tsunade. I have to get back to training. Right Kiyoko. I have a lot of things to do,” Naruto exclaimed. I shook my head. I almost laughed as I saw his expression. He really did remind me a lot of myself. I would have reacted the same way a few years ago. I was so focused on training that I often time neglected my body. But now there is no way I can do that.

Naruto pouted and closed his eyes.

“Here Sai I brought you the books you wanted. And as for Naruto, you wouldn’t really like anything I brought you. So here a few apples.”

“Can you peel them for me?”

“Ugh, fine.” Sakura sighed and got a chair to sit on. Lady Tsunade smiled at the interaction before he nodded towards the door. She needed to tell me something? I left a sighing Sakura peeling apples and followed Lady Tsunade outside. I followed her to the streets where more villagers set off to their jobs.

“I’ve received reports from Kakashi. He should be arriving shortly.” She clearly had other things on her mind.

“But that is not all you wanted to tell me was it? Did something happen?”

“The Akatsuki are beginning to become much more bold and dangerous with their moves. It won’t be long before they come after the jinchuuriki of this village,” she said in a small voice.

“So they are coming for Naruto. Do you think they will know about me? If they are really as powerful as they are, they are going to know my power as soon as they step a foot in this village. They’re going to sniff out my chakra in a heartbeat.”

Lady Tsunade said nothing to this. I was right wasn’t I. But where else was I going to go? Was there a place out there safe enough?

“I’ll think about a plan as soon as possible. Your father is looking for you. He said he would be home.” I nodded and went to the apartment. I couldn’t get those words out of my head. How long was it before they arrived here? My mind wanders as I make my way home. Could they possibly know about me. I couldn’t possibly imagine what would happen if they did. I couldn’t keep my baby in this kind of danger.

When I entered the apartment, Ume was in the kitchen making something to eat. My father was resting in the living room. He gave me a weak smile as he saw me, he must be tired from all the fighting.

“I’m glad you’re safe. How are Naruto and Sai?” He said as he sat up from the couch. I nodded. They would be fine. I was more worried about the Akatsuki. Sensing my mood, my father tells Ume that he would be taking me out for walk, she smiled and nodded. I knew Ume knew there was something going on. My father and I walked around for a bit, not really talking of anything.

“Lady Tsunade doesn’t want me too help too much with rebuilding the village, if you know what I mean. She says its too dangerous if anyone finds out. I agree with her, but I wish I could. It would be quicker and easier for the village.”

“It’ll also tire you out.”

“Yeah but that’s nothing to me. I’m Senju.” He whispered a little and smiled. I tried to smile too. The further we walked away from the entrance of the village, the better it looked. There wasn’t so much damage in this area. My father and I stopped at a bench, that sat near the the stream, the waters were dirty from the fight that went on last night.

“I know you’re worried about the future. I’ve been sensing a lot of movement. Their chakra is incredible, the Akatsuki, but they don’t know anything about you.”

“How do you know that?”

“Just like you, I’m able to sense other’s chakra too, and the Akatsuki have dark and powerful chakra, anyone can sense it if they trained. But i just know that your secret has been kept, no one know about your physical state at the moment. And when they do come to the Leaf Village, because they will. I will be able to protect you. I’ve been mastering a few jutsus that can help.”

I looked at my father, he’s changed the most. I thought he never loved me, but looking at him now, he’s father figure I needed and wanted for so long. I wanted to cry of joy that what he was saying was the truth.

I placed a hand over my shirt, I swear to protect him/her.

It wasn’t until that evening when Kakashi arrived back from his mission. My father has gone to his own home to see if there were anything he needed to clean up from his own home and Ume had gone to see if anyone in the hospital needed to fed. She said that she had to help somehow in a time like this.

I was in the bathroom, bent over the toilet when Kakashi came into the apartment. I just finished eating but it didn’t sit very well with me or the baby. He came quickly to help me get up from the floor. I hope this sickness goes away as I go further along, I just want to enjoy my food.

“You’re home,” I said once I got my breath back. Kakashi took me in his arms, almost as if I would disappear.

“I’m so glad you’re safe. I couldn’t think of anything but you two” He said with relief.

“I couldn’t leave Lady Tsunade’s side.”

Kakashi rubbed my back as my stomach settled. We went to the kitchen to get some water. I wanted to ask him about the mission, but I was too afraid to. I knew it was about the Akatsuki, and right now I didn’t want to know. Kakashi came behind me and rested his head on the top of my head and sighed.

“Its only going to get harder. If I told you it wouldn’t I would be lying to you. Its going to get dangerous, but you’ll be safe. Both of you will.”

I closed my eyes and sighed putting down the cup with shaky hands. I want to believe that we’ll be safe. I really do, but there is this horrible gut feeling that I can not shake off. No matter how much they reassure me that everything will be okay, I know it won’t, but I don’t tell them that. For now I’ll keep it to myself and try to believe it. Try harder than before.

“Naruto and Sai are in hospital,” I changed the subject.

“I know. I went to go see them quickly before coming here, but they were arguing again. Sakura sure has her hands full with those two. Naruto is impatient with getting back to training.”

()()()

“We both know that the worse is coming quickly. You need to get out quickly,” the soft voice said.

“What do you mean?” I couldn’t see anything, just a world set ablaze. No one beside me, I was alone.

“I wish I could help you. I really do, but you’re strong. Stronger than anyone believes. You don’t even know that you haven’t reached your full potential. You’re going to have to be stronger if you want this world to live on. It all depends on you, but I know you can do it,” she said with confidence.

I woke up as the fire in my dream became too hot to bare. I was coated in a sheet of sweat. Who was that? The voice was different, I’ve never heard it before. I wonder if its someone I’m going to meet in the future, just like how I met Tomoko. Maybe the voice will help me get stronger for the inevitable future. I got up to open the window. Kakashi was up by then, he opened his arms so I can try to fall back to sleep. He rubbed my growing abdomen, as I slowly fell asleep.

For two more weeks, Naruto stayed in the hospital before he was released. He was “fine” as he liked to put it, but I could tell the battle that night really took a lot of chakra and strength from him. I haven’t heard back from the mysterious lady in my dreams. I wish I did, her voice was soothing, but the flames around me was not so comforting. Kakashi wasn’t sent on any missions, Lady Tsunade was being cautious and trying to keep her best ninjas in the village. Especially since Kakashi is always with me, she feels more relaxed.

The Leaf Village was for the most part patched up and repaired, which amazed me. I thought it would take much longer than that. A week passed before Naruto was able to get on with his training. That morning I had to go check in with Lady Tsunade, she took my blood again and checked my chakra levels for normality. I was fine and going on to my fourteenth week of pregnancy. Slowly my shirts were beginning to get a bit too tight. My small bump was clearly visible, so to hide it a bit I wore larger shirts. Sometime I would spend the time with Ume and go around town and feed those who still needed help getting back on their feet. Other times I would go spend some time with my father, and talk about my mother.

In the meantime Naruto got back to his training. It would be difficult for him to mix both chakra nature and chakra form together. It took me over a year to get my sage and wood style to work together. If anything I think Naruto will be able to to do it. I believe in him.

“They’ve moved out a team to check out the attacks. Asuma and Shikamaru are on the team so I doubt anything can go wrong,” my father said to me over dinner. Kakashi was staying days with Naruto on the field, most days I go to give them something to eat. Naruto always pushed himself too far, often times I see him ready to pass out at anytime.

“I hope so,” I said. With the reconstruction of the Leaf slowly ending Lady Tsunade was sending out more teams to relief towns being attacked. Of course there weren’t any attacks on the Leaf Village, but they were near and for what reason? Apparently these attacks weren’t targeting the jinchuuriki, just people with large bounties on their heads, so I’ve been told. Lady Tsunade was trying to find out who they were going to target next.

“Are you going to go send some dinner to the boys? I’ll go walk with you,” My father said as we packaged some containers after we finished dinner. I pulled over a jacket, it was the best way to hide myself a little more. I wondered what I would do in the upcoming months. It would be clear that I’m pregnant wouldn’t it. I wonder how everyone will react. Sakura has already asked Lady Tsunade if I could be sent out to missions, and she’s told her about the noticeable gain weight I’ve put on.

“Kiyoko!” Hinata said as my father and I walked towards the field. I smiled as I waited for her to catch up to us. Its been awhile since I’ve seen all of the young adults, they were no longer the children I thought of them as.

“Are you headed to go see Naruto’s progress?”

I nodded. She smiled and said she was on her way to deliver some drinks that can help with regaining chakra quickly. On the way there I could tell she kept giving my stomach a few looks, she already knew exactly what was in there, thanks to her byakugan. She’s kept her word and hasn’t said anything. I knew she wouldn’t.

We see Naruto with a large other shadow clones trying to give the rasengan its nature chakra form, but it wasn’t going very well for him. Kakashi and Yamato we sitting in the front making sure he didn’t go into tailed beast form. It was dangerous for especially since he didn’t have the nine tails on his side.

“Oh Kiyoko! Hinata!”

The lot of Naruto looked up and as soon as I held the bag of food up in the air to see it, the real Naruto undid the jutsu and ran to me. He always did that when I brought him food, he was like a child. I suppose he still is one at heart.

“What is it this time? I’m starving,” he said. We walked a bit closer to Yamato and Kakashi. They also smiled at the food. I should really come a bit earlier then.

We sat as they ate and Hinata poured them drinks. Yamato was especially happy about the dinner break.

“How is your training going Naruto?” Hinata asked him. He sighed.

“It is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I just don’t know how to put one and one together. I have to get this quickly, there is no time to waste.”

“Its difficult. But you’ll get it Naruto,” I said in encouragement.

“Really? You’ve done this before?” I nodded. Even though it was a bit different I was able to combine chakra form and chakra nature.

“Give me an example! Please!”

I shot a quick look at Kakashi, but recovered quickly.

“I-I can’t right now. I’ve been feeling sick, I mean I haven’t been able to go on missions because I’ve been ill. Maybe when I get better,” I said with a small smile. He sighed and went on eating. I wish I could help him, I did, but I can’t. Somehow in the future I may be able to get him the knowledge he needs.

“I promise when I get better to help you out, alright?”

“Fine, but you better keep your word,” he gave me a small smile. That night, my father and I returned home. I left Kakashi, Yamato and Naruto with a full stomach. Naruto was getting better at honing into the wind chakra, I certainly took a lot longer to create my chakra. I wasn’t surprised that it took Naruto such a short amount of time. With the will to get Sasuke back I think he’ll be able to create a jutsu very powerful. He had so many people already behind him and supporting him he will go far.

There has been a lot of activities going on in the village. The village was coming together and finishing the repairs. The next day Lady Tsunade called me into the office. I had a feeling that I already knew what she wanted to tell me. There was a pit in my stomach, I knew this had to do something with the Akatsuki. I walked quickly to the office, I didn’t want to be in the public’s eyes for too long, I feared more people were going to catch on to my secret. For the safety of my baby I want to keep it a secret for as long as I can. Lady Tsunade let me in a soon as I arrived to her office, she was looking at the village through the large window.

“They’ve entered the Land of Fire.”

Even if I already suspected it, I felt nauseous.

“I’ve just sent twenty teams to set a perimeter, we’ll have a location on the pair soon.”

“What have they done?”

“They’ve attacked several temples and villages. Their objective is unclear but I believe they are looking for the tail beast, which means they’ll head here sooner or later.”’

“Naruto,” I whispered. What are we going to tell him? How to protect him. In his current state there is no way he can defeat them.

“I’m still trying to figure out a plan for Naruto. He’s not strong enough to fight back, but if he knows the truth there is no way he will stay still.”

“I’ve been feeling very uneasy for the last couple days. Its a feeling that I haven’t sensed since the day the Kazekage was taken. A very dark and suffocating sensation came over me. If i had to guess, they probably have another tailed beast in their hands.”

“You’re sensing that? Are you connected to the other jinchuurikis in some way?”

I shook my head, “ No we are ‘connected’ to say. I can’t communicate with them or the tailed beasts, but the bond the ten tails has to the others is powerful. Its very complicated to explain.”

Lady Tsunade nodded and thought to herself. My connection to the other tailed beasts were very hard to explain. I could “feel” their presence on this world somehow even if I didn’t know them. She finally sat down on her chair and smiled a bit.

“You’re coming along. You’re feeling healthy?”

“Other than worrying about this, I feel fine. Thank you for asking Lady Tsunade.”

She sighed and gave me a sad smile, “Its quite worrisome and melancholic that I’m loosing a couple of my most talented shinobi in a time like these.”

“What do you mean?”

“Kurenai just came to tell me she will no longer be able to go on missions. She’s also going to be a mother.”

What? That was great. I felt some happiness that there was someone who was also in the same position as me. But I wish we were able to truly be free from the burden of the world falling apart at our feet. Perhaps she doesn’t quite know as much as me but she must be worried and scared, because I was. I still am.

“That’s great. I think I will head over to her apartment and congratulate her.”

“Yes it would do you some good to have some companion through this, she’s only three weeks into her pregnancy, you’re nearly halfway there. That is all I needed to tell you. I’ll call you in if there is any more news.”

I exited her office and made my way to Kurenai’s apartment. I smiled to myself, I knew there was something going on between Asuma and her. They were just so shy and quiet to admit it. I smiled down at my growing belly. It wouldn’t be too long until I saw our baby. I wonder how Kakashi would adjust to having a new little person to look after. I wonder how I would change.

I stepped up the stairs towards Kurenai's apartment. I saw her wearing her regular clothes, I smiled a bit as I watched her take out her house keys. She and I won’t be putting on our flak jackets back on for a long time.


“Kurenai!” I said loudly and waved my hand. She smiled and waved back. I walked quickly with her into her apartment. It is fun to imagine just how many changes will come to both of us in the future.

“I haven’t seen you in a while. How is everything?” Kurenai put her bag down.

“Everything is going pretty well. I just came back from talking to Lady Tsunade.”

We walked into the kitchen as she went to pour on some warm tea she brought from the market.

“I came back from talking to her too. I actually went to the hospital today with Asuma,” She said with a small smile.

“Is everything okay?” I asked, but I already knew what she was going to say. She nodded and handed me the cup of tea.

“I found out I am pregnant,” she said softly. I knew the feelings she was going through. I touched her hand and squeezed it.

“Congratulations Kurenai. How far are you?”

“Only a couple of weeks. I was feeling pretty ill lately and I thought it was odd so I went to tell Lady Tsunade so she could give me a break. I found instead that I am carrying a baby inside of me now.”

She smiled brightly as she held my hand over the table. I was so happy that someone was experiencing the same hormones and feelings at me. I was never alone.

“If you ever need any help or anyone to talk to I’ll always be here. Now that our partners will be going out on missions without us we need to lean on each other for support,” I said.

“Are you... pregnant too?” She asked in surprise. I nodded and stood to come to her side. I lifted the large jacket and showed my round abdomen. She gasped and looked up at me.

“I’m almost at five months now. After the first trimester, it gets a little more real that you’re going to become a mother soon. I’ve been keeping this secret for a while, its going to get dangerous now and I wanted to keep this little one quiet.”

“Has she moved?” Kurenai asked and lightly placed her hands on my stomach. I shook my head.

“I think its going to be a boy,” she said and smiled at me. I still don’t know what to believe. Having a little boy or girl didn’t matter to me. I just wanted to have them in my arms.

“Were you scared?”

I nodded, and sat down by her.

“Honestly I still am. I can’t shake this fear. And it is not like I fear for myself, I fear what kind of world these little babies will be born into. I just want them to be healthy and happy and safe. If they are able to live in a world like that than my fears would disappear,” I said and looked outside. The wind was picking up strongly as the trees swayed side to side.

“I think we’ll be okay.”

That night as I laid in bed alone, to say the least I knew we weren’t going to be okay. I felt tired, but could not go to sleep. I knew that this was the beginning of what I feared. I knew in my heart that the Akatsuki were going to bring havoc to our world soon.
Chapter end notes: The storm is coming.
Thank you for reading. I love you guys. Leave a comment!
Until Next Chapter!