TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Slow Dancing In A Burning Room by Reign of Tragedy

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: If You Haven't Already, I Suggest Giving The Song A Listen.
Ino was dog tired, and she had seen Akamaru exhausted more than enough times to know that was no understatement. She had spent the last 36 hours at the hospital, and only had four hours of sleep to show for it. In truth she had been glad for it, the opportunity to take a short break from the ever-increasingly despondent Shikamaru. ANBU Had been hard on him, and he had taken to drinking more, and smoking a lot more. Ino just didn't know how to reach him anymore. As Ino approached their apartment (they had disagreed on who should move in with whom) she thought she smelled smoke, but no longer trusted her nose because of her recent extended tour to the hospital. If only she knew.

It's Not A Silly Little Moment
It's Not The Calm Before The Storm
This Is The Deep And Dying Breath Of
This Love That We've Been Working On

Ino felt stuffy approaching the apartment and really all she wanted to do was strip, shower, sleep. Eating was a nice fantasy, too. But as she opened the door, she found Shikamaru sleeping, or rather passed out in a recliner. Mere feet away a fire was blazing, and Ino was ashamed to say her first reaction was to check his shirt for ashes, which she found. Shikamaru had been drinking and smoking, and more than likely he had blacked out while smoking. Ino realized she didn't know any water or earth jutsu, and definitely nothing good enough to put out the growing fire. She probably didn't have the energy anyway so she settled for trying to wake Shika, then trying to carrying him, but his unconscious body was too much for her to handle, even adrenaline pumped as she was. In the end she settled for dragging him.


Can't Seem To Hold You Like I Want To
So I Can Feel You In My Arms
Nobody's Gonna Come And Save You
We've Pulled Too Many False Alarms


Ino coughed and her eyes stung. It wasn't until then that she noticed the smoke filling the room, ever so ominously. She had no idea how much Shika had breathed in before she had arrived, but hoped that because it hadn't affected her too much, that the same was true for him. Fuck she wanted help, the fire was growing too fast. She tripped and fell, and gained a bruise from her efforts. Deterred and feeling defeated, she began too cry. No one was coming, and she knew it. Asuma sensei was gone, and even Choji had left to become one of the Twelve Guardian Ninja, in truth because he couldn't stand watching Shikamaru and Ino suffer as such. She had declined Sakura's offer to walk her home and she knew everyone else was avoiding them. Finding one last breath, she stood, and hefted Shikamaru up with her.


We're Going Down
And You Can See It Too
We're Going Down
And You Know That We're Doomed
My Dear, We're Slow Dancing In A Burning Room


"Ino."
Surprised, Ino almost dropped Shikamaru, but he caught himself. Coughing once or twice he looked at her. He was so calm and relaxed, so cool even with a fire spreading behind him. Speaking of, Ino grabbed his hand in an attempt to leave.

"Shika, let's go! We don't have time for this!" She dragged him all of about to steps before he resisted. The chandelier gave out and crashed where she had been headed.

"Ino, listen. This has nothing to do with you. This," he gestured the room, or maybe it was their lives. "This is all my fault. I'm sorry i did this to-" Ino's slap cut him off mid-sentence. He just hung his head, undoubtedly ashamed.


I Was The One You Always Dreamed Of
You Were The One I Tried To Draw
How Dare You Say It's Nothing To Me
Baby, You're The Only Light I Ever Saw


Shikamaru raised his hand and caressed Ino's face, and she shuddered to think that it might be the last time.

"This is done now, it's over." Life had returned to Shikamaru's eyes, but it wasn't a fighting life, it was a resigned one.

"Tell my family that, tell them I'm sorry, and the next time you go to the memorial stone, take some flowers to my father for me. Make sure you tell Inoichi that even in the end, I protected his little girl. But, it's over now, Ino-chan."


I'll Make The Most Of All This Sadness
You'll Be A Bitch Because You Can
You Try To Hit Me Just To Hurt Me
So You Leave Me Feeling Dirty
Because You Can't Understand


Every word from Shikamaru hurt as if he'd punched her. Ino held her stonach in pain and clutched at her chest in heartache. She wanted to rebuttal everything Shikamaru had just said to her, to swear she wouldn't leave his side, but she couldn't breath enough to do so. She didn't even notice his shadow clearing out the doorway of flaming debris. Laying her down gently, Shikamaru kissed her forehead one last time.

"I'm sorry, Ino-chan." He slid her with just enough force to get her outside. His own stregth waned and he allowed the coughs he had been fighting to rack his body.


We're Going Down
And You Can See It Too
We're Going Down
And You Know That We're Doomed
My Dear, We're Slow Dancing In A Burning Room


Refusing to fall in his last moments, Shikamaru stood back up, as straight as he could. Musing that with the fire surrounding him, and trying to ignore the fact that the flames were now kissing him, he smirked at the idea that he probably looked exactly like his own shadow. Oh the irony. He smiles for Ino, even though she couldn't see it through her own blurred eyes. Some how, he just knew she'd know.


Go Cry About It - Why Dont You
Go Cry About It - Why Dont You
Go Cry About It - Why Dont You

My Dear, We're Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
Burning Room
Burning Room
Burning Room
Burning Room
Chapter end notes: I Will Take Song Suggestions, For Both Couples And Solo's. If You Just Have A Song I'll Find The Characters, Or If You Want Specific Characters, I Can Do That Too. Probably. Tell Me In The Reviews!