TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Death Before Dishonor by Hazard

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hello, introductory chapter so hope you enjoy!
Death before Dishonor

Disciple

The harsh bewildering wind and rain crashes against my face as struggled to hold the unconscious body on my left shoulder as I dash fiercely through the night. Out of all the members to choose from to retrieve the initiate, it had to be didn’t it? Must be pay back for failing my mission over in Yu a few months ago, although sprinting with a heavy body through the cruel weather conditions of the Fire Country’s eastern shore is not exactly my cup of tea.

Initiates are rare, and when one is brought to the Circle’s attention it has to be carried out swiftly and with care, so I suppose there was some reasoning in picking me to get the brat. Heck, I don’t even know the kids name yet, not that it really matters. All that matters is I do my job correctly to please the almighty one, for his judgment is pitiless and vindictive.

The rain begins to clear up as I reach my checkpoint so I take a chance to look behind me to see if my pursuers still give chase to their fruitless endeavors. I smirk to myself, as there is nothing in sight behind me but the vast empty shoreline. Silly errand should be over soon enough, and than I can get back to my real work. Not this frivolous chore of a job.

As I drag the limp body over to the extraction point, (a specially marked and sealed tree no less) I can hear faint murmurs coming from the child. She must be waking up, and I hadn’t the decency to tie her up. What a blunder on my part, but then again with several shinobi hot on my heels I couldn’t really afford the luxury.

I watch with mild amusement as the kid slowly wakes up and rolls to a sitting up position and absentmindedly mumbles to herself, “…What happened...”. The girl may be a decent initiate with potential from what the almighty one foretold, but I don’t see anything special. Looks like any run of the mill chunin to my eyes, but I suppose that’s why I’m not in charge after all.

Her eyes slowly flutter open and attentively looked to me with a combination of fear, confusion, anger and disdain. I smirk from underneath my black mask and cowl at her disgust.

“Who are you and where am I!” She screams as she jumps to her feet only to fall down in failure suddenly. Seems the nerve I hit in her sleep is still keeping her body from fully functioning. Seems I didn’t have to tie her up anyways.

“Be quiet whelp, I need to concentrate.” I sternly state as I turn my back to her and faced the encrypted tree to activate the seal once more.

“I want answers!” She screams at the top of her lungs, snapping my concentration in the process. I swiftly turn around and punch the girl square in the face with enough force to break her nose and send her to her back gasping for air.

“ I said be quiet, why can’t you follow simple direction? Consider that a warning.” I say to her, and then I promptly turn back around to finish up decoding the special seal. A minute later I activate the seal and an odd purplish black portal forms from the seal large enough for someone to enter.

I turn to face the girl again and this time I offer to help her up, which she refuses instantly as she again has struggled to sit up and maintain a very pissed look upon her face.

“Why can’t you explain to me what is going on? What do you want with me?” She demands, but has more of a pleading vibe to her tone.

“Soon, but your fate is not mine to decide. The fact that you are missing has little to do with the fact that Sandaime will send a devoted search for your body. You now belong to the Circle; to execute the almighty one’s will.” I solemnly recite to her, and she is speechless with only a look of disgust and shock on her face.

“Now, let’s go. You’re holding us up.” I demand as I offer her my hand to help her up since her body is still in a fragile state.

“Go to hell you lunatic.” She spits back into my face as she scrambles drastically to her feet to escape. Feisty as she may be, it’s putting us behind schedule and making things difficult. I quickly run in behind the girl and grab a hold of her long black hair and drag her over to the portal as she screams in pain and curses me. Now I’m seeing why none of the other members really wanted this job in the first place.

After little struggle I managed to drag her completely into the portal with me, leaving the small shrubbery and shores of eastern Fire Country behind to the hideout. I’ve dragged her into a small dark room lit only by a near by candle. I turned to the wall behind us to see the same intricate seal embedded there.

“I just want to go home.” She whimpers as tears start to form in her eyes as she stares at the floor. How pathetic is this going to get? I can’t believe this is the new initiate, can’t even keep her emotions together. I truly hope this isn’t some big misunderstanding; I did kidnap the correct girl didn’t I? Black hair, fair complexion with mole on her lower left cheek, roughly 5’5’’, wearing standard chunin shinobi gear for a leaf ninja. Fits the description from what I was given, so no mistakes on my end.

As she wallows in her own soils I hear someone else enter the room, dressed similar to me; a simple all black ANBU style get-up with in place of a mask a cowl and partial mask revealing only the eyes, and quite a tall and bulky fellow as well. The key difference is the sash around our waists, both bearing the kanji for “Death” in black letters only his sash is yellow opposed to my red one.

“Get the initiate ready; we’ve waited long enough brother.” He says to me, and I nod as I watch him exit the musty stone room quickly as he entered.

I return my attention to the girl who is now looking up to me very afraid and silently crying, and whispers, “Just tell me something; anything, even if it’s only a name. Please, I’m begging you.”

I exhale and place my hands on my hips in annoyance, but I do sympathize with her a bit so I might as well ease her heart before the ceremony. “Very well. My name is Yurei Uchiha. Welcome to the family.”
Chapter end notes: Interested? Hope that caught your attention, and if you want to drop a review telling me how much you liked/hated it