TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Love Has No Sound by huff_a

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: AN: First Naruto story I've every attempted to write in my life! I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm going to enjoy writing it. I have a lot of stuff planned for this story, so if you do enjoy even a sentence of it, please do tell me! It's a real confidence booster and makes me want to update twice as fast.
Of course, if you find any mistakes, even the smallest ones, please tell me! I'm terrible at catching things like that.

Enjoy!
Love Has No Sound

~~~


I always knew I was different from the other kids that were my age. But it was like my mother did everything she could to keep me from realizing what made me different, what made people cut me short before allowing me to try.

To this day, I have mixed feelings as to why she did that, instead of telling me outright.

But one things for sure, had she not done things the way she did, I wouldn't be the person I am today. The shinobi I want to be tomorrow. Nor the person I want to me remembered as, forever.

Chapter I

Mornings were always the first obstacle of the day for the Taure family. It's as if the bad habit of sleeping in has been passed down from parent to child since the beginning of time, and had no signs of ending anytime soon.

This morning was different though. This morning was centered around the youngest addition the Taure family, little Noa. The sun has only just began to rise to it's position in the sky, the baby rays just barely raining in through the blinds of each room throughout the house.

Just a few days prior, Noa finally reached the age that qualified her to be admitted to the Academy, something she's been looking forward to since the day she was born.

Out of anxiousness, excitement, and a little bit of nauseousness, Noa squirreled out from under her bed sheets and rushed to her mother's bed room. Not taking a moment to hesitate, she knocked on the large mahogany wooden door.

“Mama?” she called out, in what she assumed to be a quiet voice.

She felt the soft thuds of footsteps approach her from behind the door, and backed away a half step before the door swung open.

Before her stood her loving mother, Kaede. Her long, brown hair was pulled into a simple bun on the top of her head. Her freckled cheeks were pulled into a light smile by her dark, rose pink lips. She crouched down to Noa's level, her keen blue eyes examined her daughter closely, being she sure was in the same state she left her in the night before.

Her olive skinned hand reached up to her daughter's head, brushing her identical long brown locks back as she leaned forward and gave her a light, loving kiss on the forehead.

She leaned back and gazed into her daughter's hazel eyes.

“How are you, sweetie?” she asked with an all knowing smile, “Excited?”

Noa stood silently as she observed her mother's lips carefully before returning the smile with one just as bright.

“I couldn't sleep as much as I should've because I wanted today to come quickly!” she admitted in an excited voice.

Kaede giggled and cupped Noa's face in her hands softly.

“Well it's here, are you ready?”

After a delay much shorted than the first one she responded, “Of course!”

“Alright then, go take a bath while I get breakfast and your clothes ready,” Kaede responded before spinning her daughter around to face the restroom door, and gave a light tap on her bum.

“Yes ma’am!” Noa responded, shuffling towards to the restroom door, ridding herself of her clothes on the way.

Kaede stood up to her full height as she watched the restroom door shut softly, the water turning on a few moments later.

She took in a deep breath as she headed towards the kitchen. She knew the next few years of Noa's life wasn't going to be easy, it was bound to be full of nearly impassible obstacles.

But obstacles are meant getting over, right?

~~~


The sun hung in the sky, releasing all it's rays down upon the Hidden Leaf village.

Kaede and Noa excitedly made their way to the Academy at the base of the Hokage monument.

Kaede gently squeezed Noa's hand causing the 5 year old to look up at her with her hazel eyes. Kaede flashed a small smile to her daughter, which was returned with a happy giggle.

“How far is it, mama?” Noa asked, looking out before her before looking back to her mother for a response.

“We're almost there Noa, just a few more minutes.”

With no delay, Noa tugged on her mom's hand towards the academy. “I don't want to wait!” she expressed as she pulled her mom along as fast as her small body would allow her to.

In just a few moments, Kaede and Noa found themselves before the temporary registration desk set up outside the doors of the academy.

Kaede and Noa exchanged a quick look before walking up to on the of the chunin stationed behind the desk.

“Kaede,” the chunin acknowledged, flashing a look towards Noa before looking back at Kaede. “How can I help you?”

“Well, the same way you've helped these children and their parents,” she answered quietly, “I want to register Noa for the Ninja Academy.”

The chunin let out a quiet sigh. “You know I cannot do that.”

“Why not?” Kaede asked in a voice that questioned the kind look she had on her face.

The chunin looked down at Noa who had been following the conversation between him and her mother since they approached the wooden table.

In a quiet voice, he leaned towards Kaede and whispered, “She's in violation of one of the admission requirements for the academy.”

“It's not use trying to speak quietly, Itsuki, she's able to understand what you’re saying nonetheless,” she responded curtly, “Which requirement is she in violation of?”

Itsuki shuffled nervously in the glare of Kaede. “Requirement No. 3 states the applicant must be healthy in mind and body, which your daughter...isn't.”

“How so?”

Itsuki looked around him at the surrounding parents who slyly have been following the small disagreement he's been involved in. He and Kaede could easily hear the whispers that were spreading across the small crowd before the Academy doors.

“Does she expect her to become a shinobi in the condition she's in?”

“She's just going to hold everyone back.”

“My child better not be included in that girl's class, too much of a distraction.”

“You don't play with her during recess, you hear me?”

Kaede stood her ground, and tightened her grasp on her daughter's hand slightly. “How is she in violation of that requirement?” she asked again.

“Kaede,” Itsuki whispered, not wanted to state the obvious.

“Tell me.”

“She's deaf,” he finally responded. The crowd of muttering parents quieted, trying to hear every whisper of their conversation.

“Yes, she's deaf.” Kaede replied, “So what's wrong with her?”

Itsuki looked at Kaede with a questioning look, “You've never seen a deaf shinobi before and with good reason.”

“I've personally talked to Hokage Sama about my daughter's condition. He himself encouraged me to admit her to the academy. If you'd like you may take it up with him, but I am not leaving until my daughter is able to walk through those doors.” she responded confidently before looking at the crowd of parents and children, “And that goes to all of you also.”

Before Itsuki could respond, a small voice stopped him. “I promise I'll try my best,” she added before looking over to the parents, “I promise I won't be a distraction and a burden to the class.”

Itsuki looked up to Kaede who rose her thin, brown eyebrow at him as he looked back down to Noa.

“She can read lips?”

“She has to, or she'll hold back everyone. Wouldn't you agree?”

Itsuki shuffled uncomfortably once again before filing through the pile of papers she's been assigned to hand out.

Taking a quick look at the disapproving parents, he handed Kaede a couple of papers to fill out for registration. “Have Noa hand those to her instructor once the doors open,” he paused, “Please, don't make me regret this.”

“You won't. But you will regret questioning my daughter before she's even tried,” Kaede responded quietly as she took the papers and walked to the back of the line with Noa at her side.

Noa looked up at her mom as they stood in the shade of the building. “You won't regret this mama.” Noa promised with a small smile.

Kaede looked over the top of the papers down at Noa. “I know, sweetie. I know.”

~~~