TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Reverse This Curse by xXxTiNkxXx

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Sooooo...I'm totally not a week late with my update >____> .. I should learn to shut my mouth, rather than guesstimate when I'm going to post a new chapter :x What kept me behind in posting this was Rayne's character design. I wanted to have the picture finished for chapter 2, and it actually took longer than I thought it would to make. You can get a better look at it on my DeviantART page is you'd like. Then you can see all my painstaking shading and detail to her design x__x Yes, I suffered drawing it myself. In Photoshop Elements. Because I'm a masochist that won't buy herself Paint Tool SAI and save herself time with the line tool. FUCK ME, RIGHT?

I know you've all been wondering how Rayne is alive... I'm not going to tell you :D And all the ominous mystery that are the conversations in this chapter, not going to tell you what those are about, either! In the beginning, this story is going to be cliff hangers. Lots. And lots. Of cliff hangers. You're welcome.. c;

Chapter 2: Walk by Foo Fighters

"I'm learning to walk again
I believe I've waited long enough
Where do I begin?
I'm learning to talk again
Can't you see I've waited long enough?
Where do I begin?"

Chapter Length: 2,755 words
Naruto OC Rayne Sayomi Shippuden Design

Passers by stared up at the highest window of the Raikage’s tower as deep yells boomed from above. Mothers covered the ears of their children as they scurried them along the streets, heading back home after picking them up from the Academy. Cloud Jounin and officers of the Raikage moved along, trying to listen in on the commotion. The only thing the villagers knew was that A’s yelling had begun when Rayne and Killer Bee entered the tower ten minutes ago. It was non stop from that moment on.

“What in the hell were you thinking letting them go like that?!” The veins in A’s forehead were protruding, a deep pink complexion surrounding the skin. “An Akatsuki group attacks my village, and they leave alive?! Unacceptable!”

Grabbing the desk, A flipped it over, barely using two fingers. Spinning in the air, it flew over Rayne, who had been sitting across from the Raikage, Bee to her right. Screams from subordinates filled the room as they scrambled to get away from the killer desk.

“And why in the hell were the two jinchuuriki of the village to ones to respond to the scene first?! Why in the hell did you take them on?! Clearly they came with the purpose of taking you with them; that’s the purpose of their organization!” A now stood over his younger brother, shouting in his face as though he were an ANBU captain, training his squadron. “The last measure would be to use your haichibi form, not the first!”

“I apologize, brother.” Bee bowed his head, offering his insincere apology. As he had previously started to Rayne, he did have the Akatsuki fooled. He had planned to fake captivity, all the while replacing himself with a clone, making his escape from them, along with his escape from Kumogakure. Just as Rayne had been repressed, Bee was growing tired of being restricted from the world around him. Harboring the eight tailed ox-opus, as Rayne had always called it, Bee had been tightly tucked away in the Cloud Village under A, his older brother.

“With neighboring lands aware of you, this isn’t a huge ordeal. However…” A’s eyes quickly shifted to Rayne, still sitting with her eyes straight ahead, arms folded across her chest. “For those who were known to be dead to the world, this poses a problem.”

“That was the point of altering my appearance. As far as she’s concerned, I’m a tall blond in my twenties.”

“It doesn’t matter if she knows what you look like; she knows how your chakra feels!” A’’s hands came down on Rayne’s knees harshly. Pushing down, he leaned forward in her face, eyes dilated in rage. “Your chakra sells you out almost immediately. Word will spread that there are two jinchuuriki residing in the Land of Lightning. Do you have any idea what harm this can bring to the village? It’s been hard enough concerning myself with Bee all of these years…”

Same shit, different day. Rayne had heard this speech before. In fact, she almost had it memorized. Protecting Bee. Protecting her. Protecting his villagers. Bringing up the way the two tails was captured by the Akatsuki years ago. Speaking of how they can invade again. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Looking away from him, Rayne felt A’s hand let go of her legs. She could feel her skin begin to rise up from his strength which had pushed it down onto her bones. She couldn’t care less how mad he was. From the moment she saw Sasuke on the horizon, she knew what her next move was.

“That was only a single group. There are more members of that damned organization. S-ranked criminals who could charge this village at any moment to get at the two of you.”

“Well then maybe one of us should leave.”

A caught his tongue before continuing his rant. “…Excuse me?”

Focusing her stare, Rayne’s eyes settled in his. “It’s time for me to go back to Konoha and carry out what was entrusted to me.”

Taking long, deep breaths, A stared at her for a few moments Waving his hand, he motioned everyone, aside from the three involved in the conversation, to leave the room. As the last officer closed the door, A walked over to his chair to sit. “Rayne, I understand the emotional attachment to that young man, but-“

“He’s joined the Akatsuki, which means Itachi is already dead.” Rayne rose to her feet to present her case.“Attacking Bee means that he’s been briefed on the plan to capture the tailed beasts and destroy Konoha. Being that you know all of this, it’d be dishonorable leadership if you were to allow this to take place. Although indirect, you’d be a helping hand in the destruction of the Leaf village.”

A twirled the edge of his mustache. “I wouldn’t sit by and watch the Leaf be destroyed. As one of the five kage, it is my duty to conference with Konoha’s hokage about the matter if I were to see the Akatsuki movement upon us as a wide scaled threat.”

“Would you stop thinking about Kumo for one moment! This is a wide scaled threat! The Akatsuki exists to destroy Konoha, and with scorned Uchiha leading their group, the chance of a fourth war taking place is high! Regardless of the action you take now, Kumo is sure to be dragged into the mix!”

“How the hell do you think pursuing that filthy boy will help the situation?!” A was to his feet, standing stomach to chest with Rayne.

“He’s their trump card. They’re manipulating him so he can divulge secrets about Konoha to bring forth its destruction.”

“You’re still just a little girl in puppy love! Why bother going after someone who tried to kill you the last time you did?!”

Because I promised I’d save him!” Rayne voice cracked as she shouted, balling her fists as red poured into her eyes. Shaking, she wobbled back and forth slightly as the two lightning brothers looked upon her silently. “I’m going to protect Konoha and carry out the will that was entrusted to me. The first step in doing that is getting Sasuke back.”

A held a steady glare at her, shifting his eyes between both of hers. “And how do you plan to do this? Storm into the Akatsuki hide out and take him home? Are you foolish enough to believe it’d be that easy?”

“Regardless of what you say to me, I’m going.”

A groaned loudly as he smacked his palm against his forehead. “How could I let my little girl get involved with S-rank criminals? You’ve changed so much since you’ve come back. You have a one track mind and a stubborn heart.”

“I’ve inherited the will of fire.” Rayne smirked as she pictured the Third Hokage’s face. “I’m bound to Konoha, just as I’m bound here. I’ve made irreplaceable bonds that I’m not willing to let go of easily.”

A grunted. “I still call it puppy love.”

Stomping forward, Rayne grabbed hold of the Raikage’s shirt, pulling his face towards her as she grit her teeth. “Come on, I’m trying to be serious! I was given this mission for a reason; I’m the only one that can accomplish it! I’m the one with the knowledge of what’s been going on in the shadows of Konoha for the past two decades. I’m the one that can protect the people I love there. Along with Naruto, I know he and I can save Konoha before it’s destroyed!”

“I don’t like the idea of you pursuing that little shit after what he’s done to you! My little girl deserves better than that Uchiha! If I ever see him, I’ll pound him into the ground!”

“Not if I pound him first.” Rayne grunted. “I said I’m going after him because I made a promise, nothing more. I have no interest repairing what’s broken.”

“Is that fact?”

“It’s true! When she saw him, she was rude and crude! No interest in being his mistress! That time is passed, he can kiss her ass! Ya-hooo!” Bee jumped in, spitting his rhyme as Rayne grinned and mouthed ‘thank you.’

“This is really what you want?” A asked as he held onto her smaller hand. Rayne nodded. “You’re going to go no matter what I say, right?” Another nod. “Just promise me one thing.”

“What is it?” Rayne eyed him cautiously.

“Live.” Pulling her hand, A wrapped his arms around Rayne’s smaller body. She slid her arms between his Raikage cloak and his bare skin, holding him as tightly to her as she could.

“C’mon, don’t make me cry!” Bee stood up from the chair he had been confined to and joined in on the group hug, wrapping his own arms around his brother, squeezing Rayne in the middle. She laughed, even though the air in her lungs was being forced out between the two muscular male bodies.

“I love you guys. I was always hateful towards my parents for leaving me, but them doing so allowed me to be raised by the two of you. You’re the best father, and the best uncle a girl could ever ask for. Thank you, for everything.”

“Ohhhh!” Strengthening his hold on Bee, A picked the both of them up in an even tighter hug. “We’re going to hold a huge party for you tonight to honor you becoming a woman!”

Rayne groaned from his chest. “I thought I became a woman when I got my period.”

A dropped the two of them as Rayne breathed heavily inward and out. Bee rested his hands on her shoulders, steadying her wobbly form.

“I’ll save the sentimental speech for the party. I will make an announcement. Just go get ready.”

Walking out towards the door, Rayne stopped herself as she pulled on the golden handle. “One more thing.” The two conversing lightning brothers looked at the ominous smile across her face. “You’re being incredibly lenient with me leaving the village, A. You should consider letting Bee roam around on his own, too. He’s really itching to break away and explore.”

“WHAT?” A grit his teeth as he looked down at Bee, who suddenly broke out in sweat. Rayne slipped out of the door quickly, shutting it behind her before anything broke out. She had ruined Bee’s chance to escape earlier, but surely, it would be better to talk about it with his brother before actually leaving unannounced.

“Is everything alright?” The Raikage’s slender secretary, Mabui, slowly walked hunched over to Rayne.

“Yes, yes! Everything is fine!” Rayne quickly waved her hand in an easing fashion as loud crashes came from the inner side of the door. “They’re just talking! HAHAH! Excuse me.”

Slipping past Mabui and other guards of the Raikage’s tower, she refused to answer anyone’s questions about what had happened with anything but a smile. Walking down a spiral staircase, she journeyed to the sleeping quarters of the tower. It was like entering a completely different world. Beyond this door there was a sandstone hallway containing numerous bedrooms, bathrooms, and a large kitchen. The extra bedrooms were there for guards of the tower, or anyone that needed to take shelter under the Raikage’s direct protection. Straight down this hallway was the Raikage’s bedroom. On each side of his room was Killer Bee’s, and Rayne’s. Gripping the golden handle, Rayne pushed open the large wooden door, creaking as she entered.

Her bedroom was plain and elegant. A flesh tone color was painted on the walls, and large red curtains hung from the window she had, overlooking the village. Her bed was rather large, a wooden frame standing above it with a sheer white curtain falling on the sides, protecting her from bugs while she slept. Just like her curtains, the bed was sheeted with red.

Walking over to the left side of the room, Rayne opened the armoir that stored all of her clothing. Hanging in the middle was the kimono Naruto had given her three years ago for her birthday. Smiling, she held the cloth between her two fingers, pulling on the arm as the cool satin slid against her skin.

“Naruto…I really want to see you again.”

*And what are you going to say to him when you do? ‘Hey, it’s me. Y’know, back from the dead and all.* Rokobi chimed in, making Rayne laugh.

“I’m going to tell him exactly what happened. There’s no reason to lie… Konoha has been shrouded in lies for years. I’m going to be the messenger who speaks the truth.”

*While your intentions are good, have you thought about the possible negative outcome of acting out this way?*

“Not at all!” Rayne smiled to herself in the mirror as she pressed the lavender kimono against her body. It was going to be shorter, but it would still fit.

*Now you sound like Naruto.*

“I can’t worry myself thinking about what might happen. I just have to do it.”

*Sure…don’t say I didn’t warn you.*

Walking over to her bed, Rayne laid out her kimono, along with the waist band and traditional sandals she was going to wear. Opening her dresser drawer, she pulled out a few hair ties and a large, fake white lily with dangling beads for her hair.

It was just past one thirty. She’d shower, then continue getting ready until it was time for the party. The Raikage had thrown parties in the village before, and while they weren’t raging wild parties, they were long. Since she planned on leaving for Konoha at sunrise, she hoped that A would start the party as soon as possible.

Stripping down, Rayne walked into the marble bathroom. Even though it was hot outside, the warmth of the water coming from the shower head relaxed her. Rubbing shampoo between her palms, Rayne ran her fingers through her extremely long brown, golden high lighted hair. She had begun growing it out in honor of Kin after she passed, and it was now just past her behind. The golden streaks in her hair came from her new handle on Rokobi’s chakra.

*Rayne…do you really want to give everything you have here up? Is it worth it?*

Closing her eyes under the running water, Rayne held her breath as it washed down her face. ’Kumogakure will always be home, but Konoha is where I found my purpose… and I’m not just talking about Sasuke… It was in Konoha that I felt needed for the first time. Naruto needed me. Sakura, Sasuke, even Sarutobi needed me. It was brief, and I didn’t do much while I was there, but it felt like I was part of the Leaf family. I was a somebody instead of just being an orphaned jinchuuriki.’

*But you’re not anymore. You’ve grown so much over the past three years; you’re already at kage level, and you’re part of the special operative force of Kumogakure.*

‘I really don’t think I’m kage level-‘

*Shut up, I’m not finished-*

‘I’m just saying-‘

*Shut up, Rayne! …You’re appreciated here by the villagers as a protector. You’ve been adopted by the Raikage as his daughter…think of how this will affect the people who love you.*

‘I have thought about that, but…’
Grabbing the necklace she wore in memory, Rayne’s fingers grazed each of the three rings. ’I promised, and I never go back on my word. Because that is my nindo, my ninja way. I will never leave a friend behind, because those that abandon their comrades are worse than scum. I will save Sasuke, because that is my purpose. And I will defend everyone I love with my life, because that is my will of fire.’

Rokobi quieted down for a while, allowing Rayne’s own words to sink into her head. *…And what about Sasuke? How are you going to approach him?*

‘I don’t know…’
Rayne’s lowered to the deep pink scar beneath her breasts. ’I’ll know when I see him again.’

*If he’s unswayed…are you prepared to kill him?*


She paused, staring at her own grey eyes in the mirror. Bringing her hand up to her chest, Rayne’s fingers traced a small oval on the necklace that was given to her, above Sasuke’s mothers. ’I promised I’d save him, and I will. By any means necessary.’