TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


[Reviews - 130] LikedPrinter


Summary:
RTCBanner
A withered past, and a blurry future.
My heart's on an auction, it goes out to the highest bid.
I live too fast, and I know I will lose her.
But there is an option.
To die is to live in her head.

An unforseen force interferes with the capture of Killer Bee’s jinchuuriki as a particular Akatsuki team enters the confines of the Hidden Cloud village. A dead man walking is revealed as mysteries and secrets of the past come to light. Having been bestowed the knowledge of what has lurked within the shadows for nearly the past two decades, will the one whose walked the path of death and learned the truth be heard in time to stop the Fourth Great Ninja War?

Sometimes a demon from the past is the only one that can save you.
Rating: 15
Category: OC-centric
Characters: A (Yondaime Raikage), Akatsuki, All, Hidden Leaf Ninja, Itachi Uchiha, Kakashi Hatake, Killer B, Madara Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki, Obito Uchiha, OC, Pair OCSasu, Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Sexual Themes
Challenge: None
Series: None
Chapter: 15 Completed: No
Words: 61721 Read: 49434
Published: 02/12/12 Updated: 03/03/16



1. Dead Man Walking by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 26] Liked (2363 words)
DISCLAIMER: This is the sequel to my first story, "How to Adapt and Overcome." If you haven't read that story, there are many circumstances you will not understand in this sequel. You can read it without having read HTAO, but I'm not going to explain everything to you when you ask me, "why?" And, as always, the only copyright I have is my original character and the plot line of this story.

WARNING: This story is a time skip; it begins during Shippuden. There-will-be-spoilers. If you have not kept up with the anime/manga, do-not-complain if I ruin something for you.

::BEGIN RANT::
I cannot tell you how many times I've sat down at my computer within the past few weeks trying to write the first chapter. It's been so difficult for me to not throw in too much because I'm SO FREAKIN' EXCITED ABOUT WRITING THIS STORY!!! The first chapter is short. I know that; I planned it that way. You think I'm just going to give it all away in the beginning without leaving you asking what the hell I'm thinking? Aside from the stress of writing, the banner for this story legit took me 45 MINUTES to correctly size!!! The corners kept appearing out of the box; I uploaded and deleted so-many-banners to Photobucket. Shit was cray cray.
::END RANT::

Chapter One: Dead Man Walking.
2,303 words. 7 Word doc. pages.

"Once upon a time..." ;P
2. Walk by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 12] Liked (2826 words)
Sooooo...I'm totally not a week late with my update >____> .. I should learn to shut my mouth, rather than guesstimate when I'm going to post a new chapter :x What kept me behind in posting this was Rayne's character design. I wanted to have the picture finished for chapter 2, and it actually took longer than I thought it would to make. You can get a better look at it on my DeviantART page is you'd like. Then you can see all my painstaking shading and detail to her design x__x Yes, I suffered drawing it myself. In Photoshop Elements. Because I'm a masochist that won't buy herself Paint Tool SAI and save herself time with the line tool. FUCK ME, RIGHT?

I know you've all been wondering how Rayne is alive... I'm not going to tell you :D And all the ominous mystery that are the conversations in this chapter, not going to tell you what those are about, either! In the beginning, this story is going to be cliff hangers. Lots. And lots. Of cliff hangers. You're welcome.. c;

Chapter 2: Walk by Foo Fighters

"I'm learning to walk again
I believe I've waited long enough
Where do I begin?
I'm learning to talk again
Can't you see I've waited long enough?
Where do I begin?"

Chapter Length: 2,755 words
3. Hotblack by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 9] Liked (4648 words)
Happy Post Apocalypse!
Why did it take me so long to update? The answer is simple; Christmas. Between decorating my house, working holiday retail (which completely destroys your Christmas cheer), having my iPod dump my music and just die, and fighting Ebay-ers about your overseas orders that you wanted by Christmas, I've had close to no time to just sit and write.. I apologize.

In other news, I see some speculation over Rayne wearing Itachi's necklace. Am I going to tell you what happened yet? NOPE! :D But I will say that Rayne drops a pretty big bomb in this chapter, so I hope that will drop some jaws. Thank you to everyone that has reviewed, signed, or anonymous. Seeing my review count increase has been phenomenal! Much love! Xoxo~

Chapter 3: Hotblack by Oceanship

"Took a big trip, with your old band
To your homeland, for the wrong man
Making big plans, for your own sake
Hope they don’t bend, hope they don’t break."

Chapter Length: 4,484 Words//14 Word Doc. Pages
4. The Sound Of You and Me by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 7] Liked (4343 words)
Happy Merry (belated) Christmas//Happy Merry (belated) New Year!! :D Were your holidays fantastic? Did you get anything fantabulously awesome? Did anyone get snow, because I certainly did not! ._. ..

It seems that Sasaui chan was the only one to pick up on a mistake I had made in my previous chapter. I wrote Tsunade into the story when she was actually in a coma, and Danzo was filling in for her as hokage. Thank you, Sasaui chan for pointing that out, because I did correct it and re-posted the chapter (: Thank you all for being patient with my updates, for continuing to read, and for reviewing. Much love~ Xoxo

Chapter 4: The Sound Of You and Me by Yellowcard

Ocean air, carrying that reminder
Of that perfect pair we used to be
Someday everything ends, can we begin
Finding our way back before we're too late?
And lost in between the truth and the dream
I've never been more ready to move on

Chapter Length: 4,242 Words//13 Word Doc. Pages.
5. Black Dahlia by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 9] Liked (4767 words)
Pre-Chapter Notes: I've rewritten Naruto and Rayne's re-encounter in the last chapter. Thank you, Silverwolf, for your feedback on it. (:

Present Time: There are two main reasons why this chapter is two weeks late.
1.) I was out of state with my friends for a week on a mini-vacation.
2.) I refused to allow myself to post this chapter without finishing the picture that I've featured at the beginning. This picture took me SO LONG to finish because, for whatever reason, the angle of Sasuke's face was a huge struggle for me. That, and his freakin' mouth >_>

Let's Talk About Requests!: Requests rather than commission because I never ask for money. Shizake and Sasui (yes I do remember you mentioning it), I will continue/begin working on your banners. I'm sorry that it's taking me so long, but I assure you I'll get them done!! This week I have to bake and design a Lego cake, and I also have to paint the bedroom in someone's new apartment. I suppose the hour cuts at work do have a silver lining.

Chapter 5: Black Dahlia by Hollywood Undead
I loved you, you made me, hate me.
You gave me hate see, it saved me, and these tears are deadly.
You feel that? I rip back, every time you try to steal that.
You feel bad? You feel sad? I'm sorry, hell no, fuck that.
It was my heart, it was my life, it was my start, it was your knife.
This strife, it dies. This life and these lies.
These lungs have sung this song for too long, and it's true, I hurt to remember I loved you.

Chapter Length: 4,722 Words//14 Word Doc. Pages

Prepare for the shit to hit the fan.

6. Topeka by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 9] Liked (5568 words)
Three days short of a month. I'm flippin' awesome man ._.

So this wasn't the chapter I originally planned on posting. This chapter wasn't going to come around until eight or nine because I wanted to build suspense, but with Sasuke's reintroduction to the manga in the most recent chapters, I decided last Tuesday that I'd write this now. Since I"m so neurotic about staying close to the story line, trying not to go off the tracks and write in something that wouldn't add up, I may or may not take more time to post chapters...

Sasuke's conversation with the resurrected hokage can go a number of ways. I don't want to write something that I'll kick myself for later, so if it takes me a while to update again, please bear with me. I want this story to be successful and a good read for you guys (: Alright, that's enough rambling. If you read this, I hope you understand. In the end, I'm doing it for you~ Xoxo

Chapter 6: Topeka by Ludo
Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.
*Before anyone gets confused, this chapter takes place a year 1/2 ago in the past.

Chapter Length: 5,367 Words// 14 Word Doc. Pages

Chapter picture: "Pervert at Large," WHICH I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, as always, made by me. Enjoy the ItaRayne-ness (:
7. The Memory by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 8] Liked (3300 words)
I've noticed a pattern. I begin writing a chapter, walk away, come back after a week, and completely change the intro. This chapter has kind of turned into a drabble of Sasuke's, to get a look on his current feelings. Rather than beating around the bush as I was, I made it more direct and to the point :P

Side Note: I've come up with ideas for two other anime fanfics, one being Inuyasha, the other Samurai Champloo. In an attempt to appease my more-often-than-not writer's block because I'm distracted by these ideas, I'm thinking of writing them soon and posting them. Anyone think it sounds interesting? I don't even know if anyone reads this little box ^^;

Chapter 7: The Memory by Mayday Parade
Now spring has brought the rain, but I still see your face
And I cannot escape the past
Creeping up inside, reminding me that I
Can never bring you back
This is the memory
This is the curse of having too much time to think about it
It's killing me, this is the last time
This is my forgiveness
This is endless.

Chapter Length: 3,247 Words//9 Word Doc. Pages
Chapter picture by me(:
8. Savior by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 6] Liked (4611 words)
So...it's only been, ah, let me do the math.. 6 months since I've updated this story. Not too shabby since I have a habit of disappearing for an entire year, not just half of one!

But really, this chapter caused me so much mental stress that for a few months, it was impossible for me to finish. I couldn't think of the right words, and I certainly couldn't think of the right outcome. When I was writing this, the chapters in which Sasuke revives the past Kage were being released, and it was after those that I began to write this chapter. However, due to the twists and turns here and there of Kishimoto, he only made writing this difficult. I literally started writing this on March 17th, 2013; that is when the file for this chapter was created.

I've been contacted by numerous readers, through email, and Facebook, asking me where my next chapter was. While I know hardly anyone reads the Author's Comments, I just wanted to take a moment to apologize for neglecting the story, and the fan base that I built up around Rayne. I hope those that grew to like my character will be around to see this update; I still plan on finishing this story. Now that I'm over this hurdle, I'm hoping it will be a while until I reach my next obstacle.

Chapter 8: Savior by Rise Against
That's when she said I don't hate you boy
I just want to save you while there's still something left to save
That's when I told her I love you girl
But I'm not the answer to the questions that you still have

Chapter Length: 4,524 // 12 Word Doc. Pages

*Also, the credit for the last sentence in the last paragraph is credited to my wonderful friend, Karnia. Thank you for encouraging me through this chapter and helping me build it up!
9. Dad's Song by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 3] Liked (3061 words)
And here I said in the last chapter that this one wouldn't take me too long to write... ¬_¬

This chapter is mostly made up of dialogue, so it's short and to the point. This is basically my rendition of the "I Will Love You Always" chapter/episode, because I believed it was crucial to sit Sasuke's insane ass down and say, hey buddy, listen, you have to think about what you want to do right now, or else Rayne's going to kill you. Okay? Just sit there and let it marinate for a while, and make your decision. I hope it doesn't seem as rushed as I'm worried about it seeming. It was a difficult chapter to write, and based on your feedback, I might end up editing it. I really don't think we see much emotion from Sasuke during these chapters, or the entire time he spends getting up to the revival of the hokage and decision to protect Konoha, so I wanted to explore that here, which is why it might come off as OOC. Being that I'm involving Rayne, I'm trying to stir emotion from Sasuke on the subject of her...because...this wouldn't be happening if she didn't exist. I hope you guys like it (: And if I batched it terribly, I'll know by the reviews.

Chapter 9: Dad's Song by Set It Off
"I finally wrote your song at last
Sorry that this one came out so sad
Every tear I had was shed for the man that gave me a better sense
Of life and meaning, to motivate
There are no short cuts to success
I'll wait for his guiding hand
My guardian angel, until the very end."

Chapter Length: 3,009 Words//8 Word Doc. Pages

*Picture copyright goes to me (: http://www.xxshannondorf.deviantart.com
10. Bike Scene by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 4] Liked (5009 words)
Happy Merry National Turkey Genocide Day!! (as long as you live in the U.S. ;P )

Chapter 10: Bike Scene by Taking Back Sunday
So honestly, how could you say those things?
When you know they don't mean anything
And you know very well, that I can't keep my hands to myself
Hands to myself
I wanna hate you so bad
But I can't stop this anymore than you can

Chapter Length: 4,867 Words//13 Word Doc. Pages
11. Blame It On Bad Luck by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 18] Liked (3794 words)
Happy Merry New Year!! I'm sorry that this chapter took quite some time to get out. I got really busy between my last class of the semester and working, I couldn't devote enough time to write this up. It's been a year since I've posted this story and it only has 11 chapters. BAHAHAHAH... -insertokmeme.jpghereplz-

Chapter 11: Blame It On Bad Luck by Bayside
It seems that when I ran away from my past
All my dignity, my faith, my pride got left back
And now I think it's time that I realize self pity's meaningless
Though I'm 10 feet deep
I'll crawl my way back out from in my grave

Chapter Length: 3,689 Words//11 Word Doc. Pages
12. Bulletproof Love by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 7] Liked (5226 words)
I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS SINCE JANUARY ARE YOU KIDDING ME I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS THAT LONG?!?!!!?!?! Oh my God I suck ass. I'm in disbelief of myself.

Anyway, 2014 sucked. College sucked, and that's mostly the reason why I didn't write, if I'm going to use an excuse. It took all my time and all my stress and just murdered me. I withdrew from my classes in July, and I'm not going back. I'm going to try and continue drawing, and I really want to work on the novel that I have planned. I will, I WILL (how many times have I said this?) update this more often, because writing again, I actually know what direction I'm going in. I'm sorry I've been so horrible to my readers and haven't updated. I do promise though, that I will never give up on this story, even if it takes me another 5 years to finish. I just hope you'll all be around to continue reading this, because you're such a great fan base, and I never imagined I'd be so lucky to have you guys.

I was also waiting for Naruto to progress and near the end so I could see Sasuke's character development before I went ahead and fucked everything up without knowing. Now Naruto's over, I'm sad, Chapter 700 doesn't exist to me, and Sarada/Salada/Ceaser Salad with a side of ranch dressing is an abomination. SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK KISHI?!?!?!!!?

Chapter 12: Bulletproof Love by Pierce the Veil
Listen Here

This isn't fair!
Don't you try and blame this on me
My love for you was bulletproof, but you're the one who shot me

Chapter Length: 5,065 Words // 16 Word Doc. Pages

P.S. Does anyone have tumblr? If you do, you should follow me!!
13. You're No Match by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 3] Liked (3639 words)
What's funny about this chapter is I've been trying to write it since January.
Oh, you mean that's not funny at all? Oh...
Oh.
I'm sorry I suck so bad. I've heard this site has been fairly dead so I'm going to start carrying my writing over to Quotev, and Wattpad, while still posting here. I miss the days I was active on TONFA, but now after reading Naruto Gaiden and writihing in physical pain from how Naruto itself ended, I have motivation to finish Rayne's story.

Chapter 13: You're No Match by Bayside
You are the monster I was scared you'd be
And now you're blaming it on your surroundings
And your horns came out so gradually
But honey, you're no match for me
Chapter Length: 3,538 Words // 11 Chapters
14. Something by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 5] Liked (4186 words)
It's nice to finally have my inspiration and motivation back TTT^TTT

Chapter 14: Something by Escape the Fate
So now you're running, it's hard to see clearly
When I make you angry, you're stuck in the past
And now you're screaming, so can you forgive me
I've treated you badly, but I am still here

Chapter Length: 10 Word Doc. Pages // 4,124 Words
15. Happy Endings Are Stories That Haven't Ended Yet by xXxTiNkxXx [Reviews - 4] Liked (4380 words)
Thank you to everyone that has contacted me in some way to remind me that I suck because I never update, and that you're all wonderful for still wanting to know how Rayne's story ends. I love you, and I know I'm a lil' shit (;u;)9

Chapter 15: Happy Endings Are Stories That Haven't Ended Yet by Mayday Parade

You could be my compass
Teach me how to read these broken lines
Hold me like a lover
We'll find a way to run away tonight
Tell me when it's over
Promise that you'll always keep me in mind
Burning like a soldier
I'll find my way to you and save the day

Chapter Length: 11 Word Doc. Pages//4,242 Words