TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Letters of Yesterday by kakashidiot

[Reviews - 7]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This is came into existence after watching a movie called "Frequency". Others have compared it to "The Lakehouse". I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think!
I do not own "Naruto" nor do these story lines or pairing in any way represent the original intentions of the author. I do not gain any monetary payment for my work.

Letters of Yesterday

Chapter 1: Genins Are Born

"If I take a new step will you follow or stop?"
Fall For You by The Whitlams

"Yosh!" Iruka said boisterously, with a wide grin on his face. "Today, we're going to be restarting something that had been done a long time ago..."

"Ehhhh?" his class whined. "What now?"

"Another pop quiz?" grumbled Naruto, head propped up by a hand, eyes closed.

On either side of him, two of the usual four troublemakers were causing havoc - Chouji waving the last chip from his bag at a growling Akamaru, Kiba swearing at some brat who wouldn't stop poking him in the back.

"This is so troublesome," mumbled Shikamaru sleepily, from somewhere in the middle of the class.

"What is it, sensei?" asked Sakura curiously, trying to look excited in front of Sasuke-kun.

"Ehhhh..." Iruka sighed, shoulders slumping in disappointment at the lack of enthusiasm. "It's not a quiz -"

"HURRAY!" His students yelled.

Iruka sweatdropped.

"It's a pen pal assignment."

"EHHHHHHH?"

"What? What?" Naruto blinked. "Pen pal assignment?"

"Hmph," Kiba grinned. "You're such an idiot, Naruto. It's where you write letters to people and get letters back and talk and stuff..."

"That sounds - boring..." mumbled the blonde kitsune.

"It is..." Chouji sighed.

"I was going over your last report and I decided you need more practice writing - I know, I know - what with all your classes it's hard to focus on primary things like reading, writing and arithmatic... but it's important, too. I should know... I work on the mission desk every afternoon after class." Iruka sighed. "You would not believe the types of reports that come in - scrawls, bad grammar, bad punctuation - it's so hard to read, and sometimes you have to get them to rewrite it because the paper is so badly crumpled, and there're some who never get in on time and -"

Iruka's rant about certaiin - well... there was one grey-haired Jounin in mind - came to an abrupt stop -

"ZZZZZZZZZZ... ZZZZZZZZZz...ZZZZZZzzzz..."

Iruka glared at Naruto snoring head.

"Wake up, you idiot! You're missing the point!"

"But - but -" Naruto said, sleepily yawning. "It's so BOOORRRINNNG! Who wants to write a letter anyway... and you started talking about other stupid stuff..."

"Damn right," Ino pouted. "Unless - hey, Sensei... where do our letters go?"

"What you guys will do is put your address on your first mail... They'll be randomly redistributed to another member in the class - by hand. You won't find out who got your letter until next week. And from then on, every Monday you come in, you'll put the letter in the slot with your mail mate's address on it, and it will be delivered to the post office... and it'll go through regular mail and end up in your homes."

"Ohhh..." Sakura said, with sudden interest. "So it could be anyone in this class..."

Her green eyes widened.

"Anyone..."

"Yes," Iruka nodded.

"ALRIGHT!" Sakura pumped her fist.

Sasuke-kun's letter is mine, dammit! Inner Sakura yelled, fist shaking and flames spurting out. Bring it on!

"On the other hand, the other teachers thought it would be a great idea to allow other classes to join in - so you never know who you might get... and I don't want to hear you talking about your buddy to somebody else... and some people might still want to keep anonymous..."

Sakura had stopped paying attention, just switching her attention between Sasuke and Ino.

"Okay..." Iruka said. "Take out a fresh new scroll and let's see how far we get today."

Everybody pulled out a new scroll and started to write.

Yo, the name's Kiba. How're you? Me... I'm fine... I guess... Writing for Iruka-sensei is a pain...

Dear Pen Pal, my name is Hinata. How are you? I am doing fine. Today is a beautiful day -

Hello. My name is Naruto - get used to hearing it because I'm going to be the Hokage someday!

Hi, my name is Ino. Hmmm... what to say? How're you doing, I guess... This is such a weird assignment...

...Hey... It's troublesome to write my name...(Shikamaru)

Staring down at the blank scroll, Sakura didn't know what to write.

What if it doesn't turn out to be Sasuke-kun? Or it is but he's staying anonymous? What if - GAH! What do I do? How do I start? Dammit! Even Naruto's started writing.

With a sigh, she scrawled:

Hello, my name's Sakura.

What else... what else...

I'm an Academy student - studying to become a ninja. Sometimes it's really fun but sometimes it gets boring, especially when sensei blabs on and on about work and stuff like that.

This is easy...

I'm 12 years old and I have pink hair and green eyes. I like... well... that's not really any of your business... but there's this one boy I'm crazy about - but he's way too cool for me - I don't know what to do! WAAHHH! How do I get his attention when baka-Ino is in my way?

Seriously? How about you? What are your hobbies? Do you have any? What are your favourite classes? My least favourite is botany class we girls have to take - picking and arranging flowers - and the teacher is soo... ugh... boring... I wish I was a boy - well... no... because then... HE wouldn't like me anymore...

I hope this is all I have to write... maybe something will happen next time so I'll have something interesting to say. It's really hard to write a letter to somebody on the spur of the moment.

Yours sincerely, Sakura.

There... that oughta do it.

With the rest of the class, Sakura filed down to the front of a class room, where an old postbox sat on the desk, beside Iruka. Slipping her scroll into the slot, the pink-haired girl prayed furiously -

Let it be Sasuke. Let it be Sasuke... Actually... anything but... NARUTO!


That evening, after work at the Mission Desk, Iruka hefted the now weighty box with his hands and, swaying down the hallway, found the Chuunin Common Room. The cheap wood table creaked dangerously under its weight.

The other Chuunins (teachers and shinobi) smiled as the normally exuberant Iruka-sensei, leaned on the box, huffing.

"Breaking your back again?" A dark-eyed Chuunin with his hitae ate tied around his head asked. "Holy shit! What is that thing?"

"Language, Izumo," Iruka frowned, cricking his back back into place. "It's a new thing - well... it was done a long time ago - I never did this - but it's a way for the kids to have a pen pal and -"

"Blah blah blah..." Kotetsu rolled his eyes. "Why're you bringing your shit into this place?"

"Because Hokage-sama asked you deliver the letters tomorrow morning," Iruka said with feral smile.

"EHHHHHHHH?" Izumo blinked. "No way."

Ebisu laughed.

"Suckers."

"No way in hell -"

"Kotetsu... Language... Anyhow, it's easy... there are a whole pile of letters in there... randomly distribute them - that is... make sure that no child gets the letter THEY wrote but someone else's letter. It's that easy! After tonight, the kids will be slipping their letters into this post box every Monday - on their own. And all you'll have to do is break your back hauling it to the office!" Iruka smiled at the Chuunin's stunned faces. "Don't screw this up! Good luck!"

He strolled out into the early evening, trying to decide whether he felt like take out or home made ramen.


Two days later, in the late afternoon, Sakura on entering the door, returning home from school, heard her mom calling.

"Sakura-chan - is that you?"

"Yes, Mother," the girl sighed. "What do you want?"

Oh no! I so do not want to work right now - No chores. No deliveries. That's it... I'll say I'm cleaning my room or I'm training...

"You got a letter in the mail today... Here..." A hand stuck past the kitchen door - white with flour - waving a scroll.

Sakura grinned.

"Oh yeah! It's my pen pal!"

"Pen pal?"

"Iruka-sensei said we need to learn to write better, so he set up a letter writing system. We have to write letters to somebody in the school."

"Really? That sounds like fun! Is it anonymous?"

"It can be - if you want to - I hope mine is from Sasuke-kun! I'm going to read it - bye!"

Sakura dashed out of the room before her mom could object.

Let it be Sasuke-kun! Let it be Sasuke-kun!

The seal on the outside looked very aristocratic. Her heart rose with hopes.

Carefully opening it, she rolled it back -

"WHAT THE HELL!"

"Sakura! Is something wrong?" her mom called up the stairs.

"N-n-n-no, Mom... It's okay!"

Scrunching her eyes closer to the scroll, Sakura sighed.

"This can't be Sasuke-kun, this scribbling is way too messy to be his handwriting..."

Her eyes landed on her little diary, which had a sample of her idol's writing pasted to the first page. A request for an absence due to family affairs..

Sakura sighed.

But still... who the hell is this? Better not be Naruto.

Hello. I hope you don't mind me keeping anonymous... it's just that... people don't seem to like me a lot when they find out my name... so...

No way... not Naruto... he doesn't know how to spell 'anonymous'... although... this guy's handwriting - jeez...

I don't know what to write about really. How are you? I'm... okay... I guess... Sensei said we were to talk about things we like... but I don't have anything in particular that I like... that I'd tell you anyway... I don't feel like it's anybody's business, really...

Jerk.

But in a way, I'm glad. It's so hard to be the youngest in the class. Have you ever felt like everybody is staring at you and whispering and always talking about you behind your back - it's not always slander - but - still...

Can't be Sasuke-kun, for sure. Although, I wonder - Sakura frowned. Perhaps he feels this way, too...

Anyway. What do I like? I like training. I love it when I train with my dad. My dad is the greatest ninja in the world - even if nobody else sees that. When I train with him... he smiles and his eyes go soft and warm - and he hugs me and everything feels right. Even though Mom isn't here, at times like that, I don't feel lonely.

Definitely not Sasuke-kun... but maybe... it's... Ino?

Do you ever feel alone in a crowded room? I do. All the time. I guess, I just am not noticeable.

Poor thing... he - she? - needs to get a friend... it's too depressing... WAAHHH! Why do I get depressed people - and not Sasuke-kun?

Oh my. I realize I've written alot. I better go now - the teacher says we're to put this scroll into the postbox and it'll go to somebody. This is so exciting! I hope we can be friends!

Yrs Sincerely, X.

Sakura rolled up the scroll tenderly and put it into a small box and shoved it under her bed, walking out to her small balcony, looking out to the blue sky and gentle puffy clouds, she couldn't help but wonder.

Who is he? Somebody I know? Somebody I've never met? Somebody... somebody... out there is lonely in a crowd. I -

She sighed.

So complicated.


On the Monday of the following week, Sakura replied to the letter. It was post box day.

Dear X.

That's just wrong. I have to call you something else. Give yourself a nickname or something... seriously... it's weirding me out. Besides... are you a guy or a girl? I need to know this because I don't think you want to know girly girl stuff - if you're a boy.

I'm sorry that you have no friends. I hope you're not in my class because I don't think people should ever be left out - well, there are some times that I wish Ino-pig wasn't so annoying - but still... sometimes, when I see how good all the other students are, I feel lonely. I feel left out. I wonder: "What am I even doing here?" Do you ever have that feeling? Well... I work hard at what I can - I am top of the class for chakra control and ninja know-how. Not like this other idiot boy in class. Geez. He's scary...

But sometimes... he's good for laugh.

You're the youngest in your class? Wow... how'd you figure that out? Everybody is my age or thereabouts... I think. It's too bad people talk about you - nobody talks about me, much... except maybe Ino.

Ino was my best friend - but just this year I found out that she liked the boy I like... so we aren't talking anymore. One day, I KNOW I'm going to get strong enough to beat her. I will!

You don't know how lucky you are to have a dad to train with you. My dad isn't a ninja so he doesn't know much. I have to do everything on my own - basically... I'm sorry your Mom is gone, though. Some days I wish my Mom wasn't around - she whines and nags and treats me like a baby... or a slave. Seriously. But, I guess, I don't want her dead.

Oh! It's time to end it! I gotta go!

Bye! Sakura.

Two days later, the mail arrived with another scroll. Sakura opened it with a sigh - and rolled her eyes at the scrawled kanji.

I guess it wasn't a once in a blue moon thing. I need to tell him to get his writing act together... 'kay... let's see...

Hey, Sakura.

It's nice hearing from you. I actually didn't expect anything so soon, but it's great! Wow! It seems you have a busy life!

Inner Sakura: Damn right!

Well... I guess that would be the type of life a popular person such as yourself would have. I wish I could be busy with my friends too. I'm sorry about your friend Ino. It's too bad. Is the boy you like worth it?

Oh dear. I don't think I should have asked that! Sorry!

You better be!

Ummm... what else. Oh! Nicknames! I don't know... I'll try to think of something... My mom used to call me handsome, when I was a baby, Dad says. But that would be too weird to write in a letter, right?

Oh. Yeah. I'm a boy.

You were talking about feeling inadequate. Yeah. Sometimes when I can't reach things (I'm really short), or when my reach is too short, or my arm can't throw the kunai far enough, I feel stupid. And my class laughs at me. I guess it's ridiculous that a kid as young as me should be in the academy...

Konohamaru?... can't be... that's just... (sigh) Why do I get baby pen pals? Still... his vocabulary is really good... how old is he, really? Maybe he's just a shrimp... like Naruto... except, seems this kid is too smart to be the idiot...

Good work with your classes and chakra control. You know, that's most important. As long as you're smart and know what jutsu work best with you, you'll be fine, even if you don't have a lot of stamina. Who knows... with your chakra control and know-how, you might work well as a medic. Those people do alot of good work and really make a difference in life-or-death situations. Dad says so. And Dad said to me once, that strength didn't matter ultimately - it was the will to protect one's loved ones.

If Dad were ever in trouble, I'd protect him. Yeah...

And as for your Mom. Maybe she's like that because she cares for you. Dad says people get most hurt by people closest to them. Ironic, huh? Something to watch out for, I guess. After all, you know, it's true.

Dad used to be great and then, things happened and everythings gone... well... to hell, lately. I don't really know what to do, since Dad gets really sad. He won't eat, he sleeps all the time - and lies in his bed watching the rain fall on his window outside.

I really don't know what to do...

Poor kid. His dad needs to get a life... But, it can't be Naruto. Sasuke. Possibly Konohamaru. NOT Ino. Or Hinata. Or the other girls in my class... hmmm... Kiba? Or... Shino? Or maybe it's just some random guy in one of the other classes...

I guess I better end with that... although it seems very sad. Sorry! Maybe I'll have something funny to talk about next time!

Yours Sincerely, Your Pen Pal

p.s. Is that okay?

Sakura drooped.

This guy is so unoriginal and boring - and kind of stuck up - maybe - but then... he's obviously got issues... I can't judge him really. Am I really any better?


Dear Pen Pal,

I still find your name to be boring, but that's okay I guess. I'm sorry your family life is screwed up. Perhaps you should find a friend. I can't say who'd be able to know what you're going through, but you should find somebody that will listen to you to help you release your stress.

Let me tell you, popularity is over-rated. And it does seem to me that you get attention, too. Okay... it's negative... kind of like this moron in class who is totally laughable. He just screws up in the most weird way. Like the other day, he tried to do Henge no jutsu - of the Hokage - and jeez... the old geezer looked - crappy... the idiot couldn't even compete Henge properly. What's up with that! And our teacher got so mad...

I think it's a ruse for attention, don't you?

And as for the boy I like, he is SO worth it. He has dreamy black eyes, and well-groomed black hair. I'll even give you a hint - he's Uchiha. I know, I know... he's probably far above me... but still... a girl can hope, can't she?

Okay... some other things to talk about...

My favorite color would be red and pink. I really like bright colors - no drabness for me! No sirree! I hate doing errands for my mom... ummm... my favorite subject would be genjutsu... I'm kinda good at illusions. Well... that's all I've got to say for now.

Hope you have a good week,

Sakura


Once again, as per usual, the mail was slipped into the school's post box (now set up in the front lobby for easier day-to-day access), and redistributed by the mail ninja.

As punctual as ever, the mail arrived two days later.

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and Sakura's penpal (now nicknamed Scarecrow) slowly opened up, bit by bit...

My Dad's gone away on a long mission again - I'm kinda worried...

Sakura: I'm sure your dad will be fine - if he remembers what's waiting for him - if you wait for him... he'll come back! I'm sure!

You'll not guess what - you remember that idiot brat I mentioned - who's in my class? HE MADE A PERVERTED JUTSU out of HENGE! Why can't I have normal classmates?

Sakura: What's a perverted jutsu? I've never heard of this before...

You don't want to know...


As the school year's end slowly came into sight, Sakura's excitement rose. It was time for graduation and the tests! Somehow, in between chores, studying, socializing, daydreaming about Sasuke and beating on Naruto, Sakura found time to keep up with her penpal.

Scarecrow also was anticipating graduation. He seemed more sure of himself.

So, do you have any tips for me? Wrote Sakura. Like, at what angle would you throw the kunai if you were on a hill in a tree and -

After looking at your diagram, I think you should throw it at 35 NNW... I hope this helps...

You seem really confident - you're not scared one bit?

I can't afford to be scared... If I pass, I'll be the youngest Genin in Konoha history ever! And my Dad will smile again and people won't look at my family like they're dirt anymore!

Sakura's heart clenched at this.

And here I thought my life was crummy...

When graduation came around, Sakura celebrated by writing her penpal a long letter.

Dear Scarecrow,

I PASSED! I hope you did too! It's soo cool thinking that maybe one day we'll meet as grown up shinobi! I'm sure you'll pass! You can't help but pass - you're so smart!

Well! It wasn't hard at all! Not one bit! Sensei had us to the Bunshin no Jutsu... 2 clones. How hard could that be? Of course, baka-Naruto didn't get anywhere at all! Heh...

And of course, the Uchiha passed... squeeeee! We'll all be great shinobi together... our Academy Sensei says we have to meet tomorrow morning for orientation... wow... now it sounds so official. I wonder what's going to happen next...


Scarecrow replied three days later with good news as well.

Well...against all odds, I passed. I didn't think I would exactly... since my sensei doesn't like me that much and he thinks I'm too young to be in the Academy at all... and I think he kind of hates my dad too... because when my dad screwed up this mission... Sensei's son died...

It's kind of hard to admit this, but I nearly didn't take the test - but your encouragement spurred me on. You know how the parents come around to pick their kids up - after the test... well... Dad didn't show. Everybody kept staring at me so I slipped out as soon as I got my hitae ate from my sensei... I bet you had your parents there, right? But, hey, when he comes back home from the mission, I'm sure he'll proud of what I managed to do. The youngest Genin ever!

Although... it seems as though I won't be getting a team right away since I'm too young to go on serious missions.

Why can't I go? I'm ready! I passed all the tests? So what if I'm a bit short and my arms and legs are a bit small? I don't even know if any sensei will want to have me... it's so discouraging...

Sakura shook her head as she read his scroll.

That's so... sad... and sort of pathetic... what kind of a parent puts their young kid into Academy - well... he says he's small... and he hasn't said how old he is... but... anyway... the Dad didn't even show up to congratulate his kid? Geez... that's just... wrong. Even MY parents showed and they aren't ninja!

Maybe... this is how Naruto feels...

I think somebody needs cheering up... RIGHT AWAY!

Dear Scarecrow,

YAY! YOU PASSED! I'm glad you passed too!

I'm so happy! Well... not just because you passed but because my crush is on my team! Yep! Yep! He's MIIIINNNEEEE! But then... I guess nothing can be perfect - BECAUSE I'VE GOT THE CLASS IDIOT IN MY TEAM! WHY? WHY? WHY?

(ahem) Yes. Well...

I'm sorry your Dad couldn't make it - or me... you should have told me - I would have come to cheer you on! And it's too bad about not getting a team right away. Geez... how old are you really? You said you were the youngest in your class - but how young are we talking here? Anyway. I'm glad I was encouraging - when you have people depending on you, you always do better, I think. I hope you get a nice sensei. Do you know who your sensei is yet? You should see ours! He's - Oh! Mom's calling me! Gotta go!

In a hurry,

Sakura.


Two weeks later, Sakura got a short letter.

Dear Sakura,

Sorry about the shortness. Things have been busy for me - I met my new sensei. He has blonde hair, green eyes and a wide smile. He is very nice and says I'm going to be a genius. Well... Dad says that all the time about me - but why doesn't he smile like Sensei?

Because your dad has issues... maybe?

Sensei has started training with me - serious training - and we've even done a bunch of C-ranks with me. He says that in no time I'll be ready for the Chuunin Exam. I don't know. But when Dad heard this, he said that it was possible.

What do you think?

Ja ne,

Scarecrow.

p.s. What's your sensei like? Is he weird? Cool? Embarassing? Mine's super enthusiastic. But when he smiles - there seems to be some kinda of hope for us all...

Sakura smiled fondly.

I'm so glad he's gotten somebody that's good for him. I was getting a little worried there... any worse, and I might have tried to find him... but he seems okay now... but still... he hasn't told me his age... and his dad is thinking of putting him through the Chuunin Exam? What is he? Driven or something? Or just not thinking straight? Even I have to do more training before I even THINK of trying out for the Exam... sheesh...


Dear Scarecrow,

What can I say about my sensei?

He's... weird... I guess... For one thing - time has no meaning for him. Yes. He's LATE ALL THE TIME! DAMMIT! Can't he take us seriously! We had to wait TWO hours before he showed up for the first time! Everyone had already met their sensei and gone off to get acquainted - it was embarrassing to just sit there.

Anyway, Sensei comes in - and gets hit on the head by a chalk eraser - I kind thought it was funny. It was Naruto's idea... NOT MINE! But still... kinda funny...

And it serves Sensei right, ne? His excuses for being late are disgusting too. Like before his "Bell Test", he came late - 5 HOURS! And what was his excuse? "A black cat crossed my path so -"

WHAT THE HELL?

But you know... I thought he was dumb - but he's a Jounin for real. We couldn't even touch him - and we passed his test by the skin of teeth - kinda accidentally... sort of embarassing to admit. Naruto, Sasuke and I managed to show real teamwork. I never knew it was that important. But you know, to Sensei it's important. He said that he had a friend on the Memorial Stone - which reminds him of that importance all the time...

Anyway... back on topic... Sensei's got grey hair - and a mask - and likes to read these orange books that have a big red R on the back. I think it's a bad adult book - because he won't let us read it, but he laughs over it all the time.

I think he's a pervert. Maybe. But he's super strong and super cool. Well... enough about him - we're going on an important mission tomorrow to Wave Country - a guarding mission. Thanks to the class idiot - yep! Can you believe my luck? Him - of all people! - on my team! Well... so is the guy I like, I guess you can't win everything!

Back to this guarding mission -

My Uchiha says it's basically 'babysitting' but still... it's a C-rank... Naruto says it'll be a piece of cake... Anyway, we'll be gone several weeks, so don't worry if you don't hear from me for a while.

Good luck with training,

Sakura.

p.s. I'm proud of you being so enthusiastic about training and stuff - but maybe you want to wait a bit before going into the Chuunin Exam. I mean, don't you think being a kid is important too - as important as being accepted. Knowing your Dad might smile is a great goal to push towards - I'd do it too - but... please... be careful. I don't want you to get hurt.

p.p.s. How old are you? Give!


When Sakura came back, she found a small letter waiting for her. Quickly she ran out and found a quiet spot under the trees on the white promenade. In the peace and quiet there (no mother annoyingly calling her), she settled back to read his note.

Dear Sakura,

I apologize but for the next couple of days I'm going under intensive training - my sensei is going to show me a super cool technique -and then right after that, I'm going to be on a few prolonged group missions. One of them is a border patrol! Isn't that exciting? My sensei is awesome - he doesn't mind that I'm small - no... I don't think I'll tell you my age, 'cause then you'd guess who I am and never talk to me again... after all... pretty girls like you don't talk to boys like me.

Hahaha!

Anyway, you probably won't hear from me in a while. I'm sorry! I'll miss you! Still... let's keep in touch every so often, huh?

Until next time,

Scarecrow

Leaning back, Sakura sighed.

Who would have thought, she mused as she watched the green leaves above her sway. Who would have thought I would miss him so much now that's he gone.

The brat.

Still... she sat upright. This leaves me more time for training... AND SASUKE-KUN!