TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Moterock’s Den of Devastation by RaphaelTMNT

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Moterock's Den of Devastation

CHP 1: Spies among Leaf










The sun ascended over the engraved faces with on the mountain tops. These were the faces of the great passed leaders known to the Leaf as the Hokages. The village was in a time of peace following the great ninja war. Tsunade was in high spirits feeling the cool breeze blow across her face. She gazed over the village from her balcony thinking about numerous past events, most of which included the early days with Hiruzen. She never imagined things would turn out the way they did with her becoming Hokage so many years later. She enjoyed the view for a little while longer before deciding to head inside.

Inside a home down below a young girl awoke sitting up in bed. She placed her hands over the tops of the sheets yawning. Giving herself a few seconds to fully awaken she got out of bed stretching. She caught a glimpse of herself through a mirror in a corner of the room. When seeing this she ran a finger through her shoulder length pink hair. With a yawn she stepped out of her clothing strolling into the bathroom taking a quick shower. She got dressed into her pink/red combination ninja attire tying her Leaf village headband over the top of her hair exiting out of the room.

When walking down the road she waved at some of the villagers who did the same. She exchanged a few greetings continuing on. It was yesterday that she had been informed about the C rank mission she'd take part in. After meeting up with the others assigned to the mission, they'd speak with and get the details of the mission from the Hokage. Jogging down the street she ran up a set of stairs slowing as she stopped in front of a door.

"Naruto open up!" She called out.

Knocking a few times over she waited to see if her teammate would answer. After minutes of waiting, she reached out grabbing hold of the doorknob. She was slightly surprised the door was unlocked. She slowly entered calling out his name. Tip toeing onward she hoped he'd be dressed. Noticing that his kitchen area was close to spotless shocked her. She came up to his already made bed resting a hand over it. She had no choice but to look elsewhere for her spiky haired teammate, sighing as a result.

Once back on the road she thought hard about where he could be. She highly doubted Naruto would meet with Tsunade before grouping with the team prior. It was times like now she didn't mind strangling him till he passed out. Tsunade made it clear in advance the team would be meeting with her first thing after sunrise.

"How're you doing this morning Sakura- neechan? You wouldn't by any chance happen to know where I can find Naruto?"

Off to her left Konohamaru walked up to her side.

"Hate to say it but I'm looking for him as well, he and I are supposed to be in lady Tsunade's office no more than thirty minutes. Naruto has a nag for running off at the most inopportune times. Anyhow what do you need him for?"

"Ah it's nothing really…just something to do with a jutsu I've been working on."

She crossed her arms glaring down at him.

"Mind sharing the details of the jutsu?" she asked.

With a guilty smirk he ran off, "I have somewhere to be." He moved at top speed keeping his eyes out in front of him. She kept a close look on him as he disappeared into one of the alleyways. Not thinking much of it she focused on locating either of her two assigned squad members. A couple others in the area greeted her before she took off up the street. When making a right she bumped into one of the two.

"Sai I'm glad I ran into you…where is Naruto? Or what I should ask is if you've seen him."

Sai smiled having no clue where Naruto was. This agitated Sakura even more, and Sai's grin didn't help. Grabbing hold of his left arm she pulled him forward alongside her demanding he wipe the smirk off his face, "If you don't I'll be happy to do it for you." He pulled his arm away from her, "We'd cover more ground if we split." Sai suggested.

"Sounds good to me, but we should at least check and see if he isn't already waiting for us in Tsunade's office."

He followed her to the building in the center of the village. Traveling up various steps they walked down the hall. Sakura knocked at the door while Sai stood behind her. The assistant to Tsunade invited them inside after opening the door. Both greeted the Tsunade realizing Naruto was nowhere to be seen. Sakura looked passed that "We're ready to hear the details of the mission my lady."

"Where's Naruto?" Tsunade asked.

Sakura clinched her fists holding them close to her sides, "Neither of us are sure where he is at the moment."

"I see," Tsunade paused for several seconds which made Sakura gulp, "If you can't find him in the next fifteen minutes I'll be assigning a replacement member to your team for this mission. In the meantime I'll enlighten you both with the info of the mission. Your replacement member will be waiting at the main gate if you don't find Naruto in time."

"We understand," both two shook their heads. Shizune opened a window in a far corner of the room letting in some air. Sai and Sakura paid close attention to the instructions given to them. Following the briefing they bowed down exiting the room. Neither had much to say but knew the first thing they needed to do was find Naruto, "I could use my beast scroll to try and find him." Sai suggested." Sakura shook her head, "That would waste unnecessary chakra of yours."

They went their separate way beginning the search for Naruto. Sai came across several villagers asking if they'd seen the boy who dressed in orange. All of them had not yet seen him that morning. Continuing on he searched in several other locations. In the passing of those fifteen minutes neither he nor Sakura found him. They regrouped at the main gates, where Naruto's replacement awaited them.

"Captain Yamato what a surprise. I had no idea you'd be the one assigned in his place." Sakura said cheerfully.

"I agree…this mission hardly calls for someone of your status. Sakura and I can handle this alone, but you're more than welcomed to join us." Sai added.

He was more than confident they'd get the job done, but decided it best to travel alongside them. They briefly went over the information of the mission one last time. Following that they discussed the formations they'd use in case they found themselves in battle. Settling all of that they headed out on their way.

Armed individuals walked through the forest bordering the Leaf. They carried with them swords, daggers and paper bombs. In total there were seven of them and for the most part they had different strengths. Three used taijutsu, while two used Genjutsu and the remainder specialized in weaponry. They were stopped in their tracks by two Leaf Shinobi ninjas. The group was asked to identify themselves. One of them stepped forward clearing his throat.

"We're here from the hidden mist. We've got something important for the Hokage to look over," He handed the two Leaf shinobis each a map, "Just take a look at the marked areas."

Both shinobi lifted the maps in search of the marked points. They were killed immediately by the unknown person! He used two separate knives stabbing through the maps and into their necks slicing them open. One of the ninjas behind him used an earth style jutsu to quickly get rid of their bodies.

"Let's move along now, I feel we're closing in on the great one." The leader of the group spoke.

They made sure to stay concealed using the surrounding trees as best they could. The leader of them could feel they drew closer to the one they had been ordered to locate. The amount of chakra he possessed was unmistakable. They watched a group of children pass by and stopped. The team waited for the young ones to be out of sight. Re routing they traveled throughout the small forest area bordering the Leaf village. The leader again stopped the group grinning beneath his mask.

A boy sat over a large rock with his eyes closed and legs crossed. Immense chakra resonated from his body. They kept their attention on the boy wondering what he was doing. Moments later his eyes of bright blue sprung open. Jumping from his position he stood atop the rock looking out in the distance. The wind blew his hair as well as the back of his ninja headband from side to side. The ninja cracked his knuckles leaping high into the air performing a front flip and landing perfectly.

"Is this him? I feel a lot of chakra coming from that guy, but how could someone of such youth contain that amount of Chakra?!"

"Yes that's him alright…Naruto Uzumaki! I shall contact our leader and see what he wants us to do from here."

Using a small earpiece the main ninja in charge contacted the head guy giving him a small report of what they'd done so far. Asking if the team should try and apprehend the boy, the speaker on the other side told them not to do such a thing. All he wanted for them to accomplish was to observe and calculate what goes on in the Leaf. They weren't the only group with such a mission, he sent similar groups to the hidden rain, sand, mist, sound, land of waves and several others! None of the groups are aware of what his ending plan will be. For now they take orders and relay as much info to him as they can.

"You're not to engage Uzumaki…I will deal with him and others of his status at a later time."

Hearing a clicking sound, the leader of the group turned back to the rest of his team sharing with them what he had just been told. Putting away some of their weapons, all of them understood what was asked of them. "Shadow clone jutsu!" All of them turned their attention to the boy who spoke aloud on the field. When the smoke cleared there were over thirty copies of the boy surrounding the area. The clones partnered up in groups of three. One clone in each group stood while the two others helped form a ball of energy in both hands.

"What's going on? What exactly is he doing?"

"It's called the Rasengan, it is a jutsu that was created by the legendary fourth Hokage. The boss man has his reasons for doing things a certain way, but I don't see why we can't get our hands dirty. I'd like to test my skills on this kid." The leader of the group said.

All of them remained in place watching Naruto train. He did some things that impressed them, but at the same time the entire group felt it would be an easy victory for them if they engaged him in combat. Aside from the mission the thing that had them a bit spooked was the reality none of them had ever met the one they took orders from. Even worse they had a clue of his name. All missions were assigned through his two spokespeople. No one had questioned the unknown being and the three who did were unheard from again. Executing one move after another, Naruto finally grew relatively tired, deciding to lie out over the grass. He glared up at the sky sighing. It was moments like that when he felt most relaxed. A butterfly landed on his nose reminding him of something.

"Oh that's right! I'm supposed to be going on a mission!" He shouted flipping up.

He sprinted in the direction of the village knowing he had to get to Tsunade ASAP. Some tried to call out to him as he passed by, but he had no choice but to ignore them. He entered the main building dashing into the office of Tsunade.

"Sorry I'm late grandma Tsunade…but I'm ready to get going! Sakura told me we'd be heading out on a C-rank so tell me the details, don't leave me hanging," He could see her face showed signs of disappointment, but had no idea why, "What's wrong."

Shizune stepped forward answering for the Hokage.

"Sai and Sakura were dispatched without you. A replacement was sent in your place due to you not being present." Shizune said as cheerfully as she could.

Naruto looked at them both tightening his fists. He demanded to know which direction the group went.

"Come on I'll be able to catch up to them in no time, I don't want to sit around and do nothing. All I've done for the past few days is train! I want to get in some action!" Naruto complained.

"Don't you raise your voice at me I'm the Hokage," Tsunade stood slamming her fists over the tabletop. Taking a few deep breaths she looked him in the eyes, "If anything else comes up I'll let you know."

Turning away from her Naruto headed for the exit.

"Whatever you say granny."

He exited out resting both hands over the back of his head with nothing but dissatisfaction. Once outside he bumped into a familiar face. Usually he'd say hi but he continued to walk without a word. He was grabbed from behind.

"Hey you don't look so good, do you want to tell me what's going on; how about over a bowl of noodles at Ichiraku?"

"Not now Shikamaru. I really need to get back to my training." Naruto said with a lot less energy than usual.

Scratching at the back of his head, Shikamaru wondered what was bothering his best pal. He watched him walk off, and could tell by his body posture something unsettled him. Deeming it best not to bother him, Shikamaru turned away walking in the other direction. Outside the border of the Leaf two more ninja groups approachd. They were associated with the first. Amongst them they conversed had no idea who was in charge of their group. All they knew was his/and or her vision. If they were successful in completing their part, it' would bring them one step closer to conquering the ninja world.

"We're getting closer by the second. All of you remember not to encounter any of their top shinobi, especially not the copy ninja Kakashi Hatake."

To Be Continue