TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Kiss Me Again by enchanted_ninja_girl

[Reviews - 3]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This story is posted on two other websites, all of which I am a member of.

Please review!
“Three years,” Shikamaru muttered, letting the smoke from the cigarette in his mouth fill his lungs. He never thought he’d actually pick up on the habit, having hating it when Asuma was around. The smoke always stung his eyes after all. Smiling weakly at the memory of Asuma and him playing shogi and how he’d always blow smoke circles at him. Rolling his hazel eyes, Shikamaru pulled the cigarette from his mouth and dropped it to the floor. Stepping on the remaining bit of the cigarette, Shikamaru looked straight ahead. The grey skies had finally given in, the rain was slowly falling on the ground. “You and I used to play shogi all day long on days like this.”

“Would you like more tea?” the waitress of the tea house, wearing a simple black kimono and wooden sandals, asked. Shikamaru looked to her and shook his head, but thanked her for the gesture. Bowing to him, the waitress walked off to serve the few other customers scattered about the tea house. Turning his attention to the rain, Shikamaru watched the clouds lazily, subconsciously flicking the cap of Asuma’s lighter open and close.

“Smoking is a bad habit,” Sakura Haruno, the pink haired kuniochi with a fiery temper, spoke with a soft smile on her face. She held a white and pink polka dot umbrella over herself, blocking the cold raindrops. Looking at her, Shikamaru snickered and stuffed the lighter into his green vest pocket. “Ino mentioned you had started, but I didn’t believe her.” Sakura walked closer and closed her umbrella, slipping under the cover of the tea house roof. She was in her nurse uniform, possibly meaning she was going to work or getting off for the day. Taking a seat beside him, she admired the rain for a few seconds with him.

“Can you believe it’s been three years since the war?” Shikamaru asked suddenly.

“Sometimes, I still think it happened just yesterday,” Sakura admitted with a weak smile. All the shinobi that had fallen, the tears, blood, and pain that went into that war. It may have very well been the war to end all the wars, but everything changes with time. She was just happy her family and close friends managed to survive and pull through. “I can still feel the ground shaking beneath our feet and the rushing wind of a kunai knife.”

Shikamaru nodded stiffly. He had never been so scared than that day they entered the battlefield. All those people were counting on him, he could only imagine how his father must have felt among all the Kage. Sighing deeply, Shikamaru closed his eyes and pushed away all those dark memories. There was no need to bring up the past when they had a future to worry about. “How is Ino, I haven’t heard from her in a few weeks.”

“She’s okay, but I think she misses you and Chouji too.” Sakura looked at Shikamaru with her bright green eyes. He glanced at her and smiled weakly, knowing that she was hinting for him to pay the pain-in-the-butt blonde a visit. “She has a boyfriend too, they’ve been dating for a couple of weeks now.”

“Wow, didn’t see that one coming,” Shikamaru said, suppressing a laugh. It was almost hard to believe that Ino would settle for someone who didn’t look like a god. She had high standards, but she was pretty enough to set the bar as high as she did. Of course, Shikamaru would never let her know that. “Is she happy?” he asked.

“I guess,” Sakura replied with a shrug of her slender shoulders. She noticed that Shikamaru seemed tense, curious, and maybe a very slight hint of jealousy. Her pink lips curled into a smile and she laughed lightly, causing Shikamaru to turn to her with a furrowed brow. “You seem jealous, I can tell you his name and where he works if you wanna check him out.” Sakura was teasing him, but Shikamaru snorted and waved the matter off.

“Ino’s a big girl, she can take care of herself,” Shikamaru said, sounding almost positive of his own words. He would never admit it out loud, but Ino was very important to him, after all they had been friends since they were toddlers. She never really liked him and he didn’t much care for her at the time, but as they grew older they bonded. In the past couple of years though that bond faded away and seemed more like distant memory. “She can do bad all by herself.”

“Yeah that’s the truth,” Sakura chuckled, shaking her head. “For what it’s worth, she does care about you and talks about you more than you think. Go see her if not for you then for her.” Standing up on her feet, Sakura looked out seeing the rain had finally stopped and a few rays of warm sunlight was peaking through the grey clouds. Walking off the porch of the tea house, Sakura waved goodbye to Shikamaru and went along her way towards her apartment. As the pineapple head watched her leave, he looked down the road to the hospital. He could see half the building from where he was. Today was his only day off and then he was back to work, if he was going to see her it would have to be today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Lay off the chips, okay Chouji,” Ino said, putting a small tray of cut up fruits and vegetables on the bedside table. The stout chubby boy lay in the bed, staring out the window at the grey rain clouds clearing from the sky. “I’m glad to see you, but under different circumstances preferably.” Chouji turned his attention back to Ino, who sat at the foot of his bed.

“I’m a growing boy, you can’t deny me my food,” Chouji replied with a laugh, making Ino roll her blue eyes. She twirled her blonde hair around her finger and shook her head.

“I’m not denying you food, just eat healthier,” Ino explained, smiling at him. “Have you seen Shikamaru lately?” she asked nonchalantly, looking across the room at the door. Chouji tilted his head slightly and smiled weakly at Ino.

“Last week, but it was quick. He’s a busy guy now,” Chouji said to her. Nodding a bit, Ino turned to Chouji and shrugged her shoulders. “Don’t worry, he’ll come around.” The blonde knew that was true, Shikamaru was too much of a good friend to not come stop by and check in on her. Standing up, Ino walked over to the window and opened it up. The crisp smell of rain flooded the room and a gentle breeze tickled her skin. She took in a deep breath and looked down from the window.

“Well speak of the devil.” Ino smiled and looked back at Chouji.

“See, I told you.”

Whirling around, Ino rushed over to the door. When she pulled it open, she gasped and stumbled back a bit. She put her hand on her chest when a tall burly man stood in the door way. Chouji furrowed his brows at the man at the door as he smiled down at Ino. He didn’t recognize the man, but he and Ino seemed rather cozy together. She laughed and joked with him a bit and he did the same. Chouji’s mouth fell open and he furrowed his brows again. The two hugged and Chouji almost wanted to jump in, but he kept his mouth shut and observed the event.

“I’m not off for another hour, you’re early,” Ino said to him as they pulled apart from each other. He pulled a white lily around from his back and held it in front of Ino. She smiled at him and gushed for a few seconds. They shared a quick kiss and Chouji just about fell out of the bed with shock and confusion. He had seen Ino and had lunch with her three weeks ago and she never mentioned this man to him. “Thank you Koji, that’s so sweet of you.”

“Well, I saw it and thought of you,” he told her with a warm smile. Chouji wanted to gag it was starting to become just a tad awkward for him. And just like Ino had read his mind, she turned around and looked at Chouji. He looked at her with a questioning look, which caused Ino’s mouth to open and close like she was searching for an answer. “Oh, sorry I didn’t realize someone was in here. I’m Koji, Ino’s boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend? I didn’t know she had one.” Chouji’s eyes went from Koji to Ino. She smiled weakly at him and shrugged, this was unlike Ino. If she got a boyfriend she would have shouted it from the rooftops. For her to not mention this to him or Shikamaru was completely odd, even if they hardly got to see each other. “I’m Chouji, we were childhood teammates.”

“I’ll go wait for you in the lobby,” Koji said, kissing the top of Ino’s head. “Nice to meet you, Chouji.” Walking away, Koji left the room and Chouji licked his lips. Koji was tall, burly, had chocolate brown hair and green eyes. He was definitely Ino’s ideal guy, but it was still surprising.

“If you could not tell Shikamaru that would be great, I want to tell him myself. I have been meaning to tell both of you, but we’re living different lives now,” Ino paused for a moment and walked over to Chouji’s bedside. He looked up at her and sighed softly nodding his head, he understood. “He’s a good guy, trust me.”

“Whose a good guy?” Shikamaru asked, walking into the room.

“Shikamaru!” Ino and Chouji chimed in unison. He laughed a bit and walked into the room and shut the door. “Hi, how are you?” Ino asked with a bright smile, opening her arms up to give him a hug. He hugged her back tightly and kissed the top of her head, he missed her. It wasn’t until he saw her that he realized just how much he truly missed her.